Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Momto2boysNJ
Stats: 2 be Physically Fit
WOE: LC for ME!
I was the same weight after my 2nd DD but I am 99% sure it was because ate a whole bag of munchies (chips) Friday night.
Momto2boysNJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2boysNJ View Post
I was the same weight after my 2nd DD but I am 99% sure it was because ate a whole bag of munchies (chips) Friday night.
OMg i have not had those in like 20 years,, i used to LOVE em! I am currently drinking a ton of water today,, and its in part due to my dinner tonight was HAM!!! lol.. When will i learn my body does not like sodium as much as my my taste buds doo i am currently sitting here (once again) with all my veins popped out on my hands, feet and leggs,, i think i need to be a lil more serious about this, cuz i am noticing it alot more as of late..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Kimberly, it's funny that I rarely need to voice a concern I may have because someone has usually beat me to it and I will have my answer just by reading. It's like I have been real happy to partake in the "overflow" of great information that I can apply to myself!! HOWEVER...to have the buds respond directly to me when I have a concern, makes me feel the REAL SUPPORT offered by everyone.....and THAT feels GREAT!!! Like a kid may know where to find the bandaid for their scraped knee, but it feels so much better for "mom" to lovingly put it on them!! Hope that makes sense, AND like with your concern this day, I get to be re-assured AGAIN that all is well with that bouncing scale!! (hey, that rymes!)

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #34

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Lost with JUDDD! Maintaining with HDE/IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Kimberly, it's funny that I rarely need to voice a concern I may have because someone has usually beat me to it and I will have my answer just by reading. It's like I have been real happy to partake in the "overflow" of great information that I can apply to myself!! HOWEVER...to have the buds respond directly to me when I have a concern, makes me feel the REAL SUPPORT offered by everyone.....and THAT feels GREAT!!! Like a kid may know where to find the bandaid for their scraped knee, but it feels so much better for "mom" to lovingly put it on them!! Hope that makes sense, AND like with your concern this day, I get to be re-assured AGAIN that all is well with that bouncing scale!! (hey, that rymes!)

Phyl
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:21 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Sterling - It was definitely the salt from the sausage and the lack of water. It can hit us hard. Don't worry about it and next week you'll be down that pound plus another pound or two.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I had a week where I lost after my UDs and gained after my DDs. It has to do with hormones, I think.

A rule to live by is - drink water during DDs! When you aren't eating as much, you need more liquid since you aren't getting it from your food. It also helps wash away the water retention.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
yepper,, i was only about 5 days into juddd and fell in love with the whole concept, and when i talked to Baby D (dorothy) about it, she decided that it was somthing she wanted to tryand has lost like 8 pounds in her first 2 weeks
Wow, that's so cool!!

I wanted to add here that the same or gain after DD has happened to me, too. It was harder to take in the beginning because I had that old thought: "Gee, I suffered through a tough low cal DD and this is my reward? What's the use?"

One time I even decided to have a second DD in a row because of how disappointed I was. But it did not pay off. The scale mocked me and stayed the same the next morning too!!

So, I gave that up pretty quick. So, I did what you are doing and came here to the JUDD forum for answers, support and comfort.

Just occurred to me that JUDD IS BETTER THAN COMFORT FOOD!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Wow, that's so cool!!

I wanted to add here that the same or gain after DD has happened to me, too. It was harder to take in the beginning because I had that old thought: "Gee, I suffered through a tough low cal DD and this is my reward? What's the use?"

One time I even decided to have a second DD in a row because of how disappointed I was. But it did not pay off. The scale mocked me and stayed the same the next morning too!!

So, I gave that up pretty quick. So, I did what you are doing and came here to the JUDD forum for answers, support and comfort.

Just occurred to me that JUDD IS BETTER THAN COMFORT FOOD!!
ya know yam yam,,, you are right about it being better than comfort food.. i have had so much help and support from this group it brings a tear to my eyes when i think about all the love everyone shares as we journey thru life!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
Well ya know how ya gain after the up day.. that put me to 205.8 that was the day before yesterday.. today hopping on after a DD of 410 cal i did not lose any! still at 205.8 I know the scale she bounces and i am trying not to let it get to me but.... it did Going to be hard not to let this get in the way of making sure i eat my up day number today of 1900 cals.. Kind of afraid that something is wrong... i will keep the faith and not quit.. its not an option... but i changed 2 things on my DD yesterday... 1 i dint drink all my water...no way near it.. and the second thing was my food choices.. normally i choose only protein to eat in the form of chicken breast and i dint eat that yesterday .. intead i had a flat out wrap with a hunters sausage and cream cheese in it... is it possible that the food change was the problem or was it lack of water?? Any ideas here?
lack of fluids will almost always do that. because your body is holding onto fluids. and people dont lose every DD. they say so here all the time.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #40

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Lots of good thoughts here.

I did want to add that we always have to remember that weight gain as shown on the dial face of a scale doesn't necessarily have anything to do with FAT gain or loss. And fat loss is simply NOT a straight linear result of what we ate within the previous 12 or 24 hours.

The scale can show us how much we weigh, but it can't tell us what all is influencing that weight at the moment, why it might be different now than a few hours ago.

So we know that our tissues will fill with water and shed that water over the course of a day in response to our energy fills and uses, we will retain water from salts in our foods or from edema fluid retention from the time in a monthly cycle or from excess exercise or from walking on hard surfaces over the course of a day spent at a museum, for example. But the water retention will be jettisoned.

And the human intestinal tract is about 20 feet long! Give or take a few feet depending on how big we are and whether male or female, etc. That's a lot of gut tract, and... well, how to put this delicately? ...It can hold a lot of food being processed and not expelled yet! And that includes a lot more than just your last meal. And, ummmm... all of that has weight.

The ebb and flow, the rise and fall, the gain and loss of our natural body weight, and that has nothing to do with body fat, is just a normal function of our living body, so when we lose after an Up Day or gain after a Down Day, it's nothing to be concerned about.

The best thing you can do if you want to keep close track of your progress down to your goal weight is to weigh each morning, as empty as you can get, and then write down the number. And at the end of the week, find the average of those seven days of weight. That won't be your highest, or your lowest.. only the average for the week. And as you compare the average weight you were, week after week after week, you will see that you are losing weight right along, despite all those bounces and irksome fluctuations you see on the scale.

Good luck with your weight loss on JUDDD. Glad you're with us!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasina838 View Post
lack of fluids will almost always do that. because your body is holding onto fluids. and people dont lose every DD. they say so here all the time.
Thanks hun.. i got spoiled when i did lose ever time after the DD liike it was the "rule " lmaoi know now.. i need to just .. for me.. stop jumping on every day.. and just watch how my clothes fit.. i found that" I CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH "... (that was a line from that movie with JAck Nicholson. A few good men)
Old 03-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Lots of good thoughts here.

I did want to add that we always have to remember that weight gain as shown on the dial face of a scale doesn't necessarily have anything to do with FAT gain or loss. And fat loss is simply NOT a straight linear result of what we ate within the previous 12 or 24 hours.

The scale can show us how much we weigh, but it can't tell us what all is influencing that weight at the moment, why it might be different now than a few hours ago.

So we know that our tissues will fill with water and shed that water over the course of a day in response to our energy fills and uses, we will retain water from salts in our foods or from edema fluid retention from the time in a monthly cycle or from excess exercise or from walking on hard surfaces over the course of a day spent at a museum, for example. But the water retention will be jettisoned.

And the human intestinal tract is about 20 feet long! Give or take a few feet depending on how big we are and whether male or female, etc. That's a lot of gut tract, and... well, how to put this delicately? ...It can hold a lot of food being processed and not expelled yet! And that includes a lot more than just your last meal. And, ummmm... all of that has weight.

The ebb and flow, the rise and fall, the gain and loss of our natural body weight, and that has nothing to do with body fat, is just a normal function of our living body, so when we lose after an Up Day or gain after a Down Day, it's nothing to be concerned about.

The best thing you can do if you want to keep close track of your progress down to your goal weight is to weigh each morning, as empty as you can get, and then write down the number. And at the end of the week, find the average of those seven days of weight. That won't be your highest, or your lowest.. only the average for the week. And as you compare the average weight you were, week after week after week, you will see that you are losing weight right along, despite all those bounces and irksome fluctuations you see on the scale.

Good luck with your weight loss on JUDDD. Glad you're with us!
.. Thanks darlin.. i like all this info,, its done wonders for me!! I am BAck to being all EXCITED ABOUT JUDDD
Old 03-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #43

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
.. Thanks darlin.. i like all this info,, its done wonders for me!! I am BAck to being all EXCITED ABOUT JUDDD
You're going to THRIVE here!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
You're going to THRIVE here!
Old 03-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lukegirl
Stats: 238/231/190
Start Date: 6/25/2013
Quote:
yepper,, i was only about 5 days into juddd and fell in love with the whole concept, and when i talked to Baby D (dorothy) about it, she decided that it was somthing she wanted to tryand has lost like 8 pounds in her first 2 weeks
Yep we are sisters and I am so glad that Kimberly brought me along on her journey and we are losing the weight together. It helps being on the same DD and UP days. I love all the JUDDD BUDDD's.
Lukegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I have been the same or up after many a down day. Don't let it get to you. Your body has to adjust and will take its own time and own way to get to the healthier you
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
I have been the same or up after many a down day. Don't let it get to you. Your body has to adjust and will take its own time and own way to get to the healthier you
Thanks B lou... its kind of fun "now" trying to "figure" it out.. only to realize,,, there is no rhime or reason..!! just do it...!!
Old 03-22-2012, 03:02 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Well here is sit 4 days later.. the weight that would not budge is not only gone but it took with it another pound.. todays new low is 203 why was a i afraid??? I cant thank you girls enough...i didnt want to giveup.but i did have a poor me moment of this woe is just not going to work for me im sooo happy it does!!! woo hooo bring on the scale!!! I AM NOT AFRAID OF THE SCALE!!"
Old 03-22-2012, 03:37 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Kimberly, you can come boo-hoo here as often as you need to.

But don't you dare even consider giving up! You and JUDDD belong together!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:43 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Kimberly, you can come boo-hoo here as often as you need to.

But don't you dare even consider giving up! You and JUDDD belong together!!
THANK YOU!! I am soooo happy today!!
Old 03-22-2012, 03:44 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
here's to many more lbs gone!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:36 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
here's to many more lbs gone!
thanks and heres wishing you continued sucess for you as well!!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:27 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Well here is sit 4 days later.. the weight that would not budge is not only gone but it took with it another pound.. todays new low is 203 why was a i afraid??? I cant thank you girls enough...i didnt want to giveup.but i did have a poor me moment of this woe is just not going to work for me im sooo happy it does!!! woo hooo bring on the scale!!! I AM NOT AFRAID OF THE SCALE!!"
Congrats, Kimberly!! Way to let JUDDD works its magic!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
AWESOME! I'm so happy for you!

I just gained today after a DD and your victory inspires me!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:

I am thrilled for you!!! And all of us too because we love to read about your Judd Journey!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

thanks guys.. I know we can all get where we need to be with the greatest support forum i have ever seen.. the "almighty JUDDD BUDDS" love ya all!