Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dredaye9
Stats: 171/156/125
WOE: LC
Start Date: August2014
Should I just fast tomorrow for my dd?

I seem to be a night eater. I'm trying this dd again tomorrow but my question is should I just fast tomorrow until dinner time and then save my calories for then ? Does anybody do this? I seem to be able to get through the day fine without food it's just the night that I have problems ... Any thoughts
Dredaye9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredaye9 View Post
I seem to be a night eater. I'm trying this dd again tomorrow but my question is should I just fast tomorrow until dinner time and then save my calories for then ? Does anybody do this? I seem to be able to get through the day fine without food it's just the night that I have problems ... Any thoughts
You had an UD today, right?

Just making sure.

Yes, there are people here who do best when they save up their calories, or at least the majority of them for evening or night. Some drink teas, coffee, water, broth, etc. during the day because once they start any eating it sets off hunger that they'd rather just keep suppressed until evening. Some eat small amounts of foods over the day but save the bulk of the calories to have a nice meal in the evening and/or snacks before bed.

Be sure to plan, plan, plan for your DD - logging your food and calories to help you keep track of it.

Let us know how it's going.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
DD9: that's pretty much what I do and I think Vicky and Dawn and several others do the same thing.

I've never in my whole life enjoyed breakfast. In fact it makes me feel plain old yucky.

I do like a couple of cups of coffee and I have 1 or 2 tablespoons of half and half in a large cup of coffee. I keep a TBLSP measuring spoon by the coffee pot so I won't go overboard.

The rest of the morning I constantly drink either ice water or iced green mango or plain tea w/ a wedge of fresh lemon squeezed in. I don't usually feel hungry at all until about 2 p.m.

At that time, if it's really serious hunger pains and loud growling I will either have a hard boiled egg, sometimes whole, sometimes several egg whites (always keep hard boiled eggs on hand). Or, a half cup FF, plain Greek yogurt. Protein usually immediately stops the hunger and keeps me happy.

I also try, sometime mid afternoon, to mix up a hot drink. It consists of Nestle's 20 calorie fat free, sugar free hot chocolate mix (2 carbs I think), with one heaping teaspoon of fat free, sugar free mocha cappucino mix (16 calories per teaspoon0 and a rounded teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil which is 30-40 calories.

Coconut oil completely kills my appetite.

Lately if I can make it, I have half or one cup of Greek yogurt before bed because it helps me sleep. I absolutely cannot fall asleep when I'm really hungry.

For dinner last night I had 4 ounces of wild salmon cooked in 1 tsp EVOO, served on a plate of shredded cabbage with 3/4 cup of steamed brocolli and mango iced tea. Then still had half cup yogurt before bed.

The scale was down this morning.

Oh yeah, I take all my vitamin supplements when I take the coconut oil because supposedly they are absorbed better that way. Except I take my calcium and magnesium and a fish oil supplement with the yogurt before bed.

If you can do a total fast or close to it on a DD (remember to drink lots and lots of water and you may have to take a potassium glutamate supplement) Dr. J says that would work best as long as you respect your UD calories and don't go over them. AND as long as you nourish your body well enough on UDs that you don't end up with deficiencies and cravings because you are ignoring your bodies nutritional needs.

Sorry this was long. Just wanted to help!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:43 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
Yam Yam - great avatar!!

Yes, I tend to fast until the evening. Recently I've been eating through the day (TOM!) - but I don't really like it.

I would rather have a couple of coffees through the day - drink some diet soda and then eat in the evening.

I chew gum sometimes throughout the day....

However, I don't make it a rule that I won't eat until the evening. The other day I woke up ravenous (not sure how!!) and had a couple of boiled eggs - my go to lunch of rice crackers, salsa & pickled onions (don't ask!) then had dinner. If I'm clever I can eat soooooo much for 500 cals!

But I like it best when I have 400+ cals available to me at night!
Old 03-18-2012, 05:59 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
DD9 i am glad you are still giving it a go with this WOE.. DD are still a lil challange for me as well.. it strange how sometimes i can breeze thru one with lil or no hunger and then the next one i am searching the house for a low cals choice to just put in my mouth.. hang in there it will be worth your efforts!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:00 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I pretty much just listen to my body. If I eat anything before lunch it's usually something very low cal. I try to keep at least 300-400 calories for the evening. Dinner's usually about 200 calories, so I always have a cushion in case I need it. Honestly, I rarely need it, as the DDs really do get easier the longer you do them.

I do still think you'd be just fine upping your calories since you have so little to lose and your BMI is borderline underweight. If you started your DD calories at 35% or even higher, it wouldn't be so hard, you'd still get the benefits of the SIRT1 activation, and I think you'd lose without much difficulty.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I drink hwc (one teaspoon) with my morning & afternoon coffee. Figure about 100 calories (I drink a lot of coffee) over the course of the day. Other than that, I drink water and tea all day then eat about 250 calories for dinner. As time passes, I find it harder and harder to remind myself to eat dinner.

It is best if you figure out the DD eating pattern that keeps you most comfortable. And, as was mentioned, over the next few weeks you may find that pattern morphing as the sirtuin enzymes that target and burn fat also frequently bring on appetite suppression.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012
I have been fasting until my evening meal. I like not having to plan what to eat, not worrying about packing it for work, etc. I know, I sound lazy but it works for me
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LightlyStarched
I think however you want to consume your dd calories is up to you and what works best for you. There is a lot of variation on this board.

I personally love breakfast, and could happily consume all my calories by 2 pm and be done for the day. I joke with dh that when we're retired we're going to eat twice a day: a big breakfast/brunch at 10 and light dinner at 4. I am going to be one of those early-early-bird grey-haired diners, lol!

I am hoping you will enjoy today's up day, and also tomorrow's down day. I really am beginning to like down days (gasp).
LightlyStarched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
This is exactly what I do every single DD. I have nothing until dinner time except plain black coffee in the morning, and then I eat all my calories for dinner and afterwards. I can't go to bed hungry and I always have more natural hunger suppression in the morning and during the day anyway than at night so this works well for me.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12
I did that last night too. I am a night muncher and if I use most of my DD calories during the day, I'm pouty by 8 pm. It makes eating a meal more enjoyable on a DD. Remember, every person is different. Some like their calories in the morning, some like to spread them out, some prefer at night. Do what works for you and it will work fine, you will get double the benefits: Having the IF effect of not eating all day, and an enjoyable nosh at the end of the day.
Gweebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
I actually enjoy fasting and have done complete fasts for a lot of my DDs. This past week I've been only fasting B&L and having my 400 or less calories for dinner. It's nice because I can take all my supplements without upsetting my stomach and I still get a 24 hour fast in (from my previous UD dinner to my DD dinner).
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
I'm weird, I switch back and forth. Weekday DDs I'll live on coffee and ff creamer a 110 cal protein shake for lunch (if that) and 4oz meat, 1/2-1 cup of veggies at night with a fruit before bed if I am really hungry. Weekend DDs I have breakfast of 1/2 c old fashioned oats w/ half a banana and 1/4 cup light soy milk and Splenda. I get full for about 215 cals and lunch is a protein shake a small snack of a boiled egg or a string cheese, then 3-4 oz meat, 1/2-1c veggies w/ dinner and if very hungry celery or a small fruit before bed (most of he time I resist eating after dinner because I don't want to open the snack floodgates). Those weekend days are more cals (600-850 usually) but at least I can stick to a DD on a weekend -which I couldn't do before! I'm happy because I lost 5 lbs this week! Yay! I figure, whatever works for each of us and gets us through is good enough in my opinion!
2nd Mini-goal: 190
3rd Mini-goal: 185
4th Mini-goal: 180
5th Mini-goal: 175
6th Mini -goal: 170
Goal: 155-165 & size 8/10 or whatever weight gets rid of my wobbly bits!
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #14

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
If it suits you to fast until the evening go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup204 View Post
I'm weird, I switch back and forth. Weekday DDs I'll live on coffee and ff creamer a 110 cal protein shake for lunch (if that) and 4oz meat, 1/2-1 cup of veggies at night with a fruit before bed if I am really hungry. Weekend DDs I have breakfast of 1/2 c old fashioned oats w/ half a banana and 1/4 cup light soy milk and Splenda. I get full for about 215 cals and lunch is a protein shake a small snack of a boiled egg or a string cheese, then 3-4 oz meat, 1/2-1c veggies w/ dinner and if very hungry celery or a small fruit before bed (most of he time I resist eating after dinner because I don't want to open the snack floodgates). Those weekend days are more cals (600-850 usually) but at least I can stick to a DD on a weekend -which I couldn't do before! I'm happy because I lost 5 lbs this week! Yay! I figure, whatever works for each of us and gets us through is good enough in my opinion!
You just popped that in very casually.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Just popping in to say that I pretty much fast on down days, too, until dinner. It's not a "true" fast because I have coffee with cream in the morning, and either an egg or low carb yogurt in the afternoon, and more coffee. Then I have a light dinner with the family.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
If it suits you to fast until the evening go for it.

You just popped that in very casually.
Hehe...I didn't want to hijack the thread too much. Thanks!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I just wanted to say....... WOOOO OOO-HOOOOOOOOOO TOOOO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jumpjo y:
Old 03-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #18
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I don't start eating until I'm hungry on DDs and that is usually about 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

I suggest you do what will work for you and if fasting until dinner works then give it a try.

It's all about what will work for YOU!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dredaye9
Stats: 171/156/125
WOE: LC
Start Date: August2014
I totally appreciative everyone's advise... I really want to give this an honest shot
Dredaye9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I totally appreciative everyone's advise... I really want to give this an honest shot
How goes it DD9??
Old 03-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Nothing gets by Kissa, hehe! WTG on the loss, Buttercup! What a great accomplishment!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:48 AM   #22

Gallery: Momto2boysNJ
Stats: 2 be Physically Fit
WOE: LC for ME!
I tried to save all my calories for dinner yesterday on my DD because I had to teach last night and I wanted to make it through the night & drive home! LOL

I had 100 calories with 2 cups of coffee mixed with a vanilla protein shake (half in each cup). then a Cannon cake with that laughing cow cheese & made it too dinner without a problem.
Momto2boysNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:30 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Nothing gets by Kissa, hehe! WTG on the loss, Buttercup! What a great accomplishment!
Thanks everyone! Sorry about the late response. Crazy week at work. Not a lot of time or energy left to get on the forums. I felt like I would come home, eat dinner, crash. I suppose if I would actually exercise I would probably have more energy in the long run but with the work week actually being very stressful too...I didn't want to overdo and make myself sick. I have done it so many times.

I am up to 7 lbs lost now btw. :-) YIPEE!!!

-Michelle
Old 03-25-2012, 03:07 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Michelle! You are really rockin' JUDDD!

One thing I have heard people talk about, and noticed in myself, this woe is protect of muscles. Exercising seems to get less tiring over time while JUDDDing. I hope that happens for you!

Last edited by gotsomeold; 03-25-2012 at 03:09 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I do best on down days for energy, lack of hunger when I have a breakfast about 9am of one cup unsweetened almond milk with 1 tbsp chia seeds gelled in it. Sometimes I add three drops vanilla stevia, sometimes not. I mix up three pint jars half full in the fridge on Sunday nights for my next three weekday mornings. This is at or just under 100 cal and it gives me a huge energy boost. I take my supplements with it (zinc, d3, k, c, probiotics and a my favorite multiple energizer) and my stomach doesn't get upset. Can't take supps on empty tum. I avoid caffeine most down days, my tummy cannot take it.
Just the cup of chia almond milk enables me to breeze through the day, with another 100 cal meal mid/late afternoon or just dinner.
I used to do a cup of warmed almond or coconut milk with stevia, dash cinnamon and a teaspoon of coconut oil melted in for mornings, which I believe is incredibly healthy with all those lovely cla's BUT since discovering chia it has made a big difference for me.
You will have to experiment with what makes your body happiest.
I will add a warning..I mostly have to avoid the taste of sweet on down days to not trigger THE HUNGER especially near TOM.