Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dredaye9
Stats: Sw171/cw113.5gw11o
WOE: LC
Start Date: 2010
My first day - 900 calories

It was my first day of hudd yesterday and I was really good all day until night came and I ate 900 calories for the day I stead of the 600 I planned. I don't know if this woe is conducive to my sanity . I might just call it a bust and stick to LC because I don't know if I can handle the roller coaster and I'd rather maintain and stay sane then go through all the craziness . Should I just return to my LC diet today ? Should I give it another try or just stay with what works for me ( LC 20/30 g carbs/ 1200-1400 cals)

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
While it's true that no one plan fits everyone, I think you're selling yourself short if you give up after just one day - on any plan.
Up to you of course, but you won't know for sure if you give up so quickly.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
If it were me, I'd go on with my UD today, and just try to do better the next DD. Onward with the rotation because good and "bad" days all blend in together as time goes on and the JUDDD magic kicks in when there is the wide swing in calorie from one day to the next!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I agree.. there is no one size fits all when it comes to a WOE. go with what your gut tells you.. you know in your heart what you can live with... its not about the short sprint.. our diet choice must be for the LONG HAUL... i my self can live like this for the rest of my life, i have found what works for ME.. i wish you gave it a few more days to see what your made of.. any WOE is a challange.. best wishes on what ever your choice is.. and if you leave this woe.. please stop back and drop us a line to let us know how your doing..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining 4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredaye9 View Post
It was my first day of hudd yesterday and I was really good all day until night came and I ate 900 calories for the day I stead of the 600 I planned. I don't know if this woe is conducive to my sanity . I might just call it a bust and stick to LC because I don't know if I can handle the roller coaster and I'd rather maintain and stay sane then go through all the craziness . Should I just return to my LC diet today ? Should I give it another try or just stay with what works for me ( LC 20/30 g carbs/ 1200-1400 cals)
When I first started JUDDD back in October, I didn't know if it would be for me or not, so I started at 900 calories for my first DD.

I stuck with it and gradually got down to 500 calories, and many of my DDs are now from 300-600. I even do some fast days very comfortably.

Today I am happily maintaining.

You won't know if JUDDD works for you unless you work it for a little bit of time anyway.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
900 calories for your very first DD is not bad at all! Honestly, most of us didn't do much better and a good number of us went even more overboard when we first started out. It takes time to adjust to any new woe. I remember when I first tried low carb for the very first time years back. I was eating rice the very next day after starting it. As everyone has mentioned already, this woe is not for everyone and definitely only you can decide if this is right for you, but is it possble that it might be a little soon to decide after just one day?

I wish you luck with whatever choice you make.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #7
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
JUDDD isn't for everyone. I saw you post in the main lobby and I agree that if LC is working for you, stick with it.

Sorry you didn't give JUDDD a fighting chance, but glad you found a WOE that works for you!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
well if lc eating was working for you why are you here? i would guess that is because it didnt work in some way. this is easy once you do a few days but really do them. if you overeat slightly on the UDs then you dont feel like overeating on the DDs. it is not craziness. i dont know why you think it is. one day you eat a normal amount of cals to sustain you at the activity level you are at. i doubt it is 1200 cals. for most people it will be over 1500 unless you are 5 ft tall. then the next day a very restricted 400 cals or so of your choice.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #9
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Just one other thing: I really doubt that you are eating that low calories every day doing LC. I ate at least 1600 calories a day doing VLC and the reason I know this is because when LC stopped working for me I decided to see if I WAS eating higher calories doing it. Heck, 2 TBS of coconut oil in my coffee everyday was 240 calories alone, not counting the 100 calories of heavy whipping cream I added to each cup. Total for 2 cups of coffee/coconut oil/HWC....440 calories! That is a LOT of calories to just "drink" and I never knew it!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Unless the OP was doing lowfat Low carb, she would have a hard time eating that few calories. Ask me how I know. I too was shocked when I started counting calories and had to put away the butter, cheese and fullfat salad dressing. Gosh I think I only ate salads for the dressing. I kept the HWC but got out the measuring spoon and limit myself to two T every other morning. Realized I was using 120 calories on DD for HWC in my coffee. Would rather have some real food instead.
Now I lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks 9 years ago doing LCLF but it is not easy. I am finding JUDDD easier although a LOT slower.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Ahhhh I don't know what to do now! Lol I'm not bashingjudd I am just frustrated that I overate on my dd. I guess I'll give it a one week shot and if I can't do it then stick w LC . Sigh *
Dredaye9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/149.5/maintain 135-139
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
Don't be frustrated you overate on your first day. I bet almost everyone does. Heck, I overate the first 3-4 days. You've got to be kind to yourself and give yourself time to adjust to a new WOE. Give yourself time to figure out what foods keep you the fullest on your DD's. But if it turns out its not for you, that is ok. I think a one week shot it a good idea but two is probably better.
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Ahhhh I don't know what to do now! Lol I'm not bashingjudd I am just frustrated that I overate on my dd. I guess I'll give it a one week shot and if I can't do it then stick w LC . Sigh *
You have very little to lose so any plan you do is going to be slow.
What LC plan were you following?? There are very LC all the way up to what some consider high carb although lower than what the average non LC'er eats.
Lean for Life is a good LC plan that is more moderate carb but it is also low fat. It is a good plan but I just don't want to do it for the rest of my life so tried out Atkins 72. Too high fat for me. So there are plans for everyone but the plan has to be followed for an extended period of time.
Good luck with whatever you decide to follow. You may never lose more since you are already at an acceptable weight for your height so don't despair over the scale.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
DD9: You don't even want to know what my first week looked like! Do NOT beat yourself up whatever you do! You are doing great.

I don't know if you have read Dr. J's book?? he says that even missing one meal will activate the SIRT1 gene that begins to burn fat and stop extra calories from being stored as fat. He also says that it takes at least 2 weeks of DD rotations to build up the unique fat busting protein produced by that gene so that you have the powerful weapon of appetite suppressant plus fat burn magic.

You came here because you read lots on this site and wanted to give it a shot, right? I think 900 on your first DD is amazing! Congrats on your willpower, my friend!

Gosh, we expect soooooo darn much of ourselves. Maybe thats why, after some of us have stayed with JUDD for a number of weeks, we want to sing it's praises.

I've heard lots of people say "JUDD is so forgiving. " wow. Really? You just can't say that about most diet plans. They are not. I remember when I was young reading in Dr. Stillman's book that chewing one piece of gum would set me back days, maybe even a week!!! Holy CARP!!! Who can be that perfect?

I don't know about you, but I need a little bit of forgiveness in my life. From my WOE and from ME. I personally think you did great for your very first attempt at a DD

Can you forgive yourself for not living up to your high and perfect expectations? (I ask because I'm learning to do this for myself and it's very healing). Judd is forgiving. Every little step you take moves you in the right direction and does not "set you back for a week or more."

You did not mess up. You just took your first step!

Whatever you decide, we will all cheer you on and you are welcome here any time to give us reports!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Anytime you start something new, there is a lot of brainpower involved in learning it. I had gotten SO comfortable with my paleo foods, that I never had to think about what to eat. I just knew what meals worked.

Problem for me was, I stalled early Dec and was looking for a way to get it moving again. Found JUDDD, and thought it might be the way to go, but really balked at having to learn how to eat again, and think about food so much. That was in Jan. Now, I don't have to think about it much. I have my set meals that I know work for me, and I just rotate through based on what I feel like that day.

So, if it's something you really want to try, then recognize there will be a learning curve, a time when you feel uncomfortable and a bit chaotic, but commit to a set time to try. Whether that's 2 weeks or a month (better imo to get a true pic since the sirtuin enzymes need a couple weeks to really get in gear), but really make an effort.

We all blew it a time or 2 or 5 when we first started. Tomorrow's a new day (just keep it at what you intended it to be), and the next dd will likely be easier. Many need to work their way down to good DD calories. And some find in doing it that way that they don't actually NEED to go 500 or less to be happy with their rate of loss.

But if lc is working and you are happy with eating that way, then it is certainly fine to keep doing what you've been doing.

If you decide to stick around, I look forward to seeing how it goes for you.

ETA: hadn't checked your stats and now see you are nearly at goal. I came to JUDDD with about 3 pounds to lose to goal also. For me, I liked that it was more 'life-friendly' than other plans. And that is forgiving in that you can suspend the rotation for special events (more doable after you've been at it for a bit) and while you may bounce up, almost everyone I've seen who does this regains their pre-vacation low within a week or so. For ME, I've learned my body simply can't tolerate grain/sugar carbs (or at least not very much of them). So I still maintain pretty strict paleo. But I AM able to eat more calories (every other day anyway) than I was able to do before. And that gives me freedom to indulge in ways I couldn't before.

I think the key is, it was one day. It's not the end of the world. It doesn't mean you can't do this. Look at your day and see if you can figure out what made it happen. Did you need more protein? Did you get too hungry before bed--saving some calories to plan for that can help. Did you eat breakfast and that made you hungrier (some find it best to hold off eating as long as possible--I'm not one of them, but many have success that way). Artificial sweeteners give me wicked cravings for carbs and make me hungry. I didn't know that until after I started JUDDD. Grain and sugar carbs on my UD's do the same thing--make me hungrier on dd's.

I have learned SO MUCH about my body and how it deals with/relates to food, that even if I HADN'T lost 4 pounds since starting, it would be worth it to have done it JUST for that information.

Last edited by mykidsteacher; 03-17-2012 at 02:22 PM..
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Hey you guys thank you so much for all the comments. They have been really helpful and noe I don't feel as bad. I will give it an honest week and not beat myself up. I really appreciate everyone's input
Dredaye9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
why are you making such a big deal over one day? that is not the way for long term success. there will be lots of DDs. and the sooner you really do them the sooner the JUDDD magic kicks in. what foods do you have planned for your next DD? i am guessing you dont have any plans. and that is the way to fail.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Zoneish, Organic, GrassFed, Gluten-Free 5/13
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Don't be frustrated! This is a very forgiving diet! In the few weeks that i've been doing this (I think 6?), I've done two MDs (middle days) instead of DDs and I've still lost weight. (Those MDs were probably around 1000-1200 cals). I just kept right on with my rotation. This is the nice thing about JUDDD. I think you should give it at least a month and see what happens. I lost a little in the first two weeks, stalled for the next 2, and the past 2 weeks, I'm down 4.4 lbs. Give it a little time!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
Don't be frustrated! This is a very forgiving diet! In the few weeks that i've been doing this (I think 6?), I've done two MDs (middle days) instead of DDs and I've still lost weight. (Those MDs were probably around 1000-1200 cals). I just kept right on with my rotation. This is the nice thing about JUDDD. I think you should give it at least a month and see what happens. I lost a little in the first two weeks, stalled for the next 2, and the past 2 weeks, I'm down 4.4 lbs. Give it a little time!
thanks for this post hun.. i needed to see this one my self..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Zoneish, Organic, GrassFed, Gluten-Free 5/13
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
thanks for this post hun.. i needed to see this one my self..
We all need a little encouragement every now and then! Glad I could be of service!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Tashi
Stats: 227/188.8/125 5' 51 yrs. old and hypothyroid
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: 3/14/13
Just a heads up, the op made it well known in the main lobby that she has given up on her "juddd experiment".
Tashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #22
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
I hope she finds what's healthy for her.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
WAIT, I GOT THIS

Quote:
Hi Dreday
I've been trying this woe since December.
I had a few lbs. 3-8# to lose. After losing and loving Atkins, 15#. EATING 2,500 cal. Or more a day. Yikes scares me to remember all theba on fat Kate. but I lost.. Thank you Dr. Atkins!
But I had so missed fruit, my favorite food. So i was ready for a change. I have to really be focused and serious before I start something., anything. And I was with JUDDD.
The way I see ur first dd was awesome.
My first, third, 8, two weeks, 5 weeks, u get the idea. Ha.
Down days were terrible. From 750-1000. U get the idea...smile.
IT WAS WORKING THE WHOLE TIME. JUST LIKE it is on anyone that sticks it out and try's.
Mostly dd we 800 ish. Really. And it's working for me. I'm excited for u.
u were me! Thought how scary to think I can only eat 500-700 is cal in a day. I have to have more than that. And guess what!?
I had more than that and it still works, worked and will work I'm fully believing.
So more about me. I'd give up at time in my head, thinking, o well no biggy. I' just cut out some food, etc.... But I still ate less on opposite days.
What helped me tremendously is this bunch of wantbe's and accomplished JUDDDERS.
THEY\WE are very determined to have success in our wt. management.
SO there! My $0.02
Just keep reading about JUddd on this site. I do.
I'm at my goal caz of it. 133#, 5'7" female. Im old though, not old as dirt like, hum hum said. Smile.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
Don't be discouraged! I have only 3 DD that were less than 500 calories. My split is 500/1540.

week 1: 1516 758 1579 851 1700 577 1782
week 2: 479 1136 1635 490 1825 509 1556
week 3: 858 1253 1000 1800 568 1848 508
week 4: 1639 481 1494 477 1581 553 1515
week 5: 800 1640 430 1545 866 1692 638
week 6: 1632 460 1516 1214 1556 700 1518

So today was the last day of week 5 of JUDD for me, and even with the DD challenge, I have gone from 132.8 to 126.4. I have lost 6 1/2 pounds, despite the less than stellar week 3! Tomorrow is my "official" weight logging day for the beginning of week 6, and I am excited to see what's in store.
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lianora Mosswood View Post
Don't be discouraged! I have only 3 DD that were less than 500 calories. My split is 500/1540.

week 1: 1516 758 1579 851 1700 577 1782
week 2: 479 1136 1635 490 1825 509 1556
week 3: 858 1253 1000 1800 568 1848 508
week 4: 1639 481 1494 477 1581 553 1515
week 5: 800 1640 430 1545 866 1692 638
week 6: 1632 460 1516 1214 1556 700 1518

So today was the last day of week 5 of JUDD for me, and even with the DD challenge, I have gone from 132.8 to 126.4. I have lost 6 1/2 pounds, despite the less than stellar week 3! Tomorrow is my "official" weight logging day for the beginning of week 6, and I am excited to see what's in store.
WTG, Lianora! You're doing so well! KUTGW!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote