Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren A View Post
I was wondering if anyone out there was like me....

I get on the scale first thing in the morning and weigh in however I always wake up with puffy/tight hands..water retention, that's just how my body works. (I have been drinking more water during the day to try to release some of that.)

Anyway, I find that I get a much better weight if I am up a few hours. I eat my first meal of the day typically after 12pm so all I have in the morning is coffee. When I weigh, later in the day but before eating my first meal my weight is usually a pound and maybe even a pound and a half lower. This is the weight I use.

Anyone out there have a similar experience?
Exactly this!

I do weigh first thing in the morning just to see what's happening as far as fluid retention, but I do not record the weight until about 3-4 hours after waking and I have the same range as you do....anywhere from 1 lb. to 1.5 lbs.
Heck, that's a lot when you are on a fat releasing journey....then, the scale tells me what I want to see!

I do have about 4 c of coffee by then, also!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren A View Post
I was wondering if anyone out there was like me....

I get on the scale first thing in the morning and weigh in however I always wake up with puffy/tight hands..water retention, that's just how my body works. (I have been drinking more water during the day to try to release some of that.)

Anyway, I find that I get a much better weight if I am up a few hours. I eat my first meal of the day typically after 12pm so all I have in the morning is coffee. When I weigh, later in the day but before eating my first meal my weight is usually a pound and maybe even a pound and a half lower. This is the weight I use.

Anyone out there have a similar experience?
I wait about 10 minutes after I get up to weigh (post-potty but before coffee or tea is finished brewing so I have no liquid in me). By this time, I'm a little lower weight than if I were to get right on the scale as soon as I get out of bed.

I wear nothing but my socks (cold feet) but in the summer will probably not wear anything.

Sometimes I weigh with clothes on just to see. Once in a while I'll get on at a time besides morning to see how things are going. But overall I'm not scale obsessed like I was when doing just vLC and on JUDDD before I got used to the bounces.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote