Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
food weighing scales???

I have a digital scale, pretty inexpensive. Im curious, do they have scales that if u enter how many calories per ounce are in your food that it will calculate it for you? Sometimes when my food weighs 4.4 oz i tend to round. Thought it would be a neat feature to have. Anyone have one or seen one?
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mariacj
Stats: 210/173/143
WOE: JUDDD and Low Carb
Start Date: LC - Nov 2011, Judd - March 2012, LC + Judd Aug12
I also have a very inexpensive digital scale, got it for Christmas.

I use calorie count (a tracking type website) to see what the calories are.

I am lucky to have an iPad so that I always know what my counts are.

Quick search on amazon brought up these ones. I hope this helps.

Weight Watchers NEW 2011 Points Plus Electronic Food Scale Kitchen for $65.00

"Electronic Food Scale The Weight Watchers Electronic Food Scale is a great addition to your kitchen counter. It will accurately weigh your foods and calculate the PointsPlusTM values when you enter carbohydrates, protein, fat and fiber...and there is a database of over 500 foods and their PointsPlus values already stored in the scale! Best of all, you can calculate and then store your own favorite foods and recipes. "

EatSmart Digital Nutrition Scale - Professional Food and Nutrient Calculator for $70.00

NEW FEATURES (as of February 2010) - Now features a white backlight to fully illuminate the display for easy readings. Weigh capacity has been increased to 11 lbs. to allow you to weigh most things in your kitchen!

The EatSmart Digital Nutrition Scale analyzes the nutritional content of ANY food by portion size and was designed by an unparalleled team of medical professionals. The database stores the nutritional values for approximately 1,000 foods, which have been carefully selected to reflect fresh, whole foods Americans eat. The scale will instantly calculate the following cardiovascular nutrients essential for overall well being: Calories, Carbohydrates, Fiber, Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium, Total Fat, Saturated Fat, Cholesterol, Calcium, Protein, Vitamin K.

Additionally, the proprietary EatSmart Nutrition Facts Calculator is the only scale on the market that allows you to calculate nutrients for any food with a USDA Nutrition Facts label and is the most comprehensive educational and behavioral modification tool on the market today!

This scale has been thoroughly reviewed and tested by dietitians and nutritionists nationwide. Additionally, the EatSmart Nutrition Scale was recently named one of the most effective tools for carb counting and managing diabetes.

Get yours today!"

Perfect Portions Digital Scale + Nutrition Facts Display for $50.00

Product Features
Color: Blue

Calculates weight plus % Daily Value for calories, fat, carbohydrates, cholesterol, sodium, fiber and protein.
Unique design creates a Nutrition Facts label adjusted to your actual portion size
Perfect for monitoring calories, carbs, sodium, sugar or cholesterol; saves totals for daily or weekly tracking
Built-in database of 1999 foods plus 99 customizable food entries
Easy-to-clean, stylish glass design with hygienic touchpad keys.

Kitrics Digital Nutrition Scale (Silver) for $40.00

Product Features

Computes calories, calories from fat, carbohydrates, protein, fat, saturated fat, fiber, sugars, cholesterol, and sodium
Includes information for 1999 foods; user can easily create and store up to 99 customizable food code entries
Weighs in grams or ounces with accuracy of +/- 1 gram; weighs up to 72 ounces (2000 grams)
Calculate your daily nutritional intake to help you achieve your health goals
Runs on two AA batteries (included); auto power off feature saves battery power

Digital Kitchen Nutritional Scale -- Calculates The Nutritional Value of Your Food (Calories / Carbs Etc.) For a Healthy Diet for about $35.00

Product Description

Track calories, fats, carbs, fiber and more with this easy-to-use Digital Kitchen Scale.

A scale and a calculator all in one, this essential dieting tool calculates portion weight, and displays all the information the way you're used to seeing it on food packaging labels: an at-a-glance breakdown of calories, fats, carbs, proteins, fiber, sodium, cholesterol and sugars. You can also total your daily nutritional intake, and store up to 99 of your own food entries into a database of nearly 1000 others. So the experience is always customized to you, your goals and your lifestyle. Ideal for: portion control, medical requirements, type A personalities.
Mariacj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
Thanks so much for the info! I guess there are many options! I have written down a lot of regular food items and the amount of calories in 1 oz of that item. I thought if i entered that for example there are 9 calories in the strawberries i am weighing, it can automatically calculate the calories in the portion i put on the scale. Save me the math i guess.
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mariacj
Stats: 210/173/143
WOE: JUDDD and Low Carb
Start Date: LC - Nov 2011, Judd - March 2012, LC + Judd Aug12
Handwriting would not work for me as I lose the notes far too often.

The thing I like is the different price ranges from 35 to 70... so there is something for every budget. The only thing that concerns me about most of the scales is the lack of reviews. I base my purchases quite a bit on the reviews.

Example: I did not heed Walden Farms Ketchup reviews... yucky, but the BBQ sauce had great reviews and I LOVE it!

I prefer online programs anyway because of the recipe calorie calculator. I have a house of 6 adults and I cook for everyone, so this makes it easy to plan meals when it is my turn to cook.
Mariacj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:49 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I weigh on my digital scale, then enter the weight of whatever it is in ************ and it calculates the calories for me. This works great for me, since I track everything through ************ anyway.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:56 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
I have one of the inexpensive scales but it doesn't calculate the calories or anything it just weights the food. I nevwer thought there could be one that calculates the calories for you, sounds very interesting.
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #7
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
I am thinking Beeb got one that she really likes. Maybe she'll post it (if it's her and I haven't lost my mind lol).
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariacj View Post
Handwriting would not work for me as I lose the notes far too often.

The thing I like is the different price ranges from 35 to 70... so there is something for every budget. The only thing that concerns me about most of the scales is the lack of reviews. I base my purchases quite a bit on the reviews.

Example: I did not heed Walden Farms Ketchup reviews... yucky, but the BBQ sauce had great reviews and I LOVE it!

I prefer online programs anyway because of the recipe calorie calculator. I have a house of 6 adults and I cook for everyone, so this makes it easy to plan meals when it is my turn to cook.

Yeah I love reading the reviews of things too before I buy them, it's very helpful.
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote