Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Excited for JUDDD!

I had to take my client to get some groceries for him and his wife. So while I was out I grabbed a few things.

I got oranges and apples, because I love them and with Atkins you really couldnt have them. So now I have some fruits for breakfast and DD's.

I got a tape measurer so I can measure my parts, and hopefully will see a loss of inches!!!

And I got a journal to write in everyday, my measurements once a month, my weight once a week, and what I eat daily! I took my Atkins carb counter that I carry in my purse and wrote in the back of the journal calorie counts for the meats and things I eat the most, so until I can remember the calorie count for the foods I can flip to the back of the book and write it down that way. I even looked up some of my fave fast foods and wrote that down for in my purse so I will always have it!

I am actually very ready with looking up everything and my planning, that I am gonna start tomorrow instead of waiting til monday! I have my menu planned for everything but dinner tomorrow already. Dinner is always a what I feel like making when I get home.

So excited for this. Just the idea of eating the simplest things I havent had in ages, like oatmeal and apples and oranges. You really just miss so much on Atkins!!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
It was crazy- how happy some canned pears and homemade split pea soup could make me.

Enjoy!
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
It was crazy- how happy some canned pears and homemade split pea soup could make me.

Enjoy!
It's a DD and now I'm craving Pea Soup Anderson's. We used to have one about 15 miles away, but it closed and now the closest one is about 2 hours away!

Katie, looks like you've got a great plan and you're going to do awesome!!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
So glad you are ready and excited to dive in!!

I've been doing a daily journal since August 1st. It's very cool to have and great to go back and look at patterns and just notes and thoughts. I got me some cute stickers. Great big flag stickers that sparkle and I have a page where I stick one on there write the date and weight every time I drop 5 pounds.

On other pages I have small, little flower stickers and set goals of 7 or 10 pounds and do one of those stickers at a time. One of my other motivators is that I bought some pretty, blue, glass marbles. I put 45 of them in a pretty, big red wine glass. Next to it I placed a tall, thin champagne flute. I've been moving marbles from the "fat" glass to the "skinny" one each time I lose a pound.

It's really fun watching the champagne flute fill up and the wine glass getting emptier. Hey, anything for a little encouragement, huh?

So glad you came to cookie land or as some call it "the dark side". You will now be known forever as a Judd Bud. Welcome to the fam.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Apples and oranges and pears! Oh My!

I came to the dark side the day I realized I could have all the olive oil roasted zucchini and eggplant I wanted on UD ... without worrying about carbs. I still remember how good that first dish tasted.

Yam-Yam, I LOVE the marbles idea! You are brilliant!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Apples and oranges and pears! Oh My!

I came to the dark side the day I realized I could have all the olive oil roasted zucchini and eggplant I wanted on UD ... without worrying about carbs. I still remember how good that first dish tasted.

Yam-Yam, I LOVE the marbles idea! You are brilliant!
Just realized: I guess you could legitimately say, "I'm losing my marbles!!!"
Old 03-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WildIrishRose
Stats: 271.5/250.5/140
Start Date: 1/10/10 - again...
Hi Katie,

Just wanted to say I'm sure you will do great!

I am loving JUDDD and the freedom that comes with it! Today was an UD for me and I managed my calories so that I could actually have a pear and homemade Mac n' cheese (only a little) with the family at dinner tonight!!

Good luck!!
WildIrishRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

ty ty ty!!

Great idea Yam with the "losing your marbles" lol!!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/maintaining 135-139
Katie to our JUDDD Bud family!

You're off to a good start with your planning!

Yam Yam, you crack me up!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Sounds like you're planning well, Katie! So excited to have you join us here in JUDDD weight-loss land!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Glad to have you join us!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
Katie - sounds like you're like me - I love having things all ready!!

One word of caution - fruit on a DD too early - may make you hungrier than otherwise - experiment and see - you may be okay!!

Yam Yam - I love that idea!!!!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
One word of caution - fruit on a DD too early - may make you hungrier than otherwise - experiment and see - you may be okay!!
Ty for the advice. I am kinda hoping if I save it for later in the evening it will squish that sweet tooth. Go figure I could give a care less about sweets, until I cant really have them! So the fruit is hopefully a plan that will work out lol!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
I had to take my client to get some groceries for him and his wife. So while I was out I grabbed a few things.

I got oranges and apples, because I love them and with Atkins you really couldnt have them. So now I have some fruits for breakfast and DD's.

I got a tape measurer so I can measure my parts, and hopefully will see a loss of inches!!!

And I got a journal to write in everyday, my measurements once a month, my weight once a week, and what I eat daily! I took my Atkins carb counter that I carry in my purse and wrote in the back of the journal calorie counts for the meats and things I eat the most, so until I can remember the calorie count for the foods I can flip to the back of the book and write it down that way. I even looked up some of my fave fast foods and wrote that down for in my purse so I will always have it!

I am actually very ready with looking up everything and my planning, that I am gonna start tomorrow instead of waiting til monday! I have my menu planned for everything but dinner tomorrow already. Dinner is always a what I feel like making when I get home.

So excited for this. Just the idea of eating the simplest things I havent had in ages, like oatmeal and apples and oranges. You really just miss so much on Atkins!!!!
Sooooo glad you are going to start tomorrow rather than wait for an official day to start - that's what I did, as soon as I had read through the JUDDD site, I knew this was for me and started the very next day; I'm 5 days in with this WOE and I'll never look back; welcome to the family!!!
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

I was gonna wait until I had everything all read, and made sure I had the food I wanted in the house and things like that and then I realized..........I dont have to have special food in the house, its not Atkins! Thats when I decided just go for it. I dont need a weekend to eat things I think I will never have again, because I will have them.......smaller portions, but I will still get to eat them! Thats what makes this so very nice!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Yay! For Katie!!! You are going to love this WOE!

YamYam, I love your marble idea and I am copying! Great motivator and visuals are fun!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
OHHH, and yes my darkside affair was the avocado, blueberries & green beans. I LOVE to add these delights to UD and will find a way to get them all in!!!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Yam Yam..........You bring soooooooomuch to this forum!! I loooooove your ZEST for life!! As you can see, it's cotagious!!

PHYL
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

OOOPS!!! I mean CONTAGEOUS ~~ (l"M IN DISGUISE) Phyl
Old 03-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Yam Yam..........You bring soooooooomuch to this forum!! I loooooove your ZEST for life!! As you can see, it's cotagious!!

PHYL
Thank you for saying that! You are just oh, so sweet!!! mutual admiration society here.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Maybe this JUDDD BUD should be in BEB BED
Old 03-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

So my first day went soooooooo very well!!!

I wrote in my journal everything I ate.

bk- 1 cup cereal 2 oz milk
lch-atkins snack bar and apple
snk- 100 cal bag of chips ahoy
dn- 1/2 cup hamburger helper with 1 cup of broccoli
snack later- jello or maybe a few SF russell stoffers.

drank 60oz of water!

I actually went running with my daughter too.......well I did more a jog/walk/walk/run/walk/walk/jog/walk/walk/walk/walk/etc.....but atleast I did it!!

I did climb stairs at work today. I usually count that as I am up and down them 100 times a day! I watched the doctors today during break and they said if you can do atleast an hour a week, its still benefits you greatly......I am aiming for that hour til I build up my stamina!!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!

So excited how today turned out.......scared for tomorrow 500 cals...........but I am sure I can do it.....just need to drink extra water to have a full feeling!!

I did re-weight this am for my offical kick off, after a few days of no actual WOE and I went from 176 to 184. But I will lose that quick once I get back to my water again.......I have learned I really need to drink water or I will bloat quick!!! Well that and TOM came this am to send me off on my new WOE too....how nice of him....lol!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by krow134; 03-15-2012 at 05:39 PM..
Old 03-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
How's your UD going? :-) Those are my favorite. Funny but after a while the UDs become hard to eat enough and the DDs get easier. Weird huh?

Also keep in mind you might get much colder on a DD...I always do.

I had a DD today and jogged too! :-) Mine was much like yours as I am starting over and getting back in shape again. I can't believe how far I have let myself go!!! I also got bad scores on my cholesterol test and I am still reeling from that. I was following Atkins...guess I wasn't following it very well. Perhaps that is why I kept gaining over the last two years on it! :-( So...back to business and JUDDD is the best way for me to lose. I can't lose on Atkins. I can perfect for weeks and not lose a thing. One bite of something "bad" and I gained. I have had enough of that. I have gone from 166lbs in 2010 to a 198 now. All the while following Atkins - just not very well apparently. Sad...maybe it just doesn't work for me. So JUDDD has always worked well so I am back. I welcome you and I hope you do well too. I still don't know why I ever stop JUDDD because it is so easy and effective! Silly me. Everytime I would get hungry I would fall back to Atkins and stop JUDDD. I am a wimp I guess. I am just going to get over that and get back to business. :-)

Good luck, though you won't need it, this plan is so easy and non-obsessive. That's what I like about it! No deprivation either...I can always have whatever I am craving tomorrow!

-Michelle
2nd Mini-goal: 190
3rd Mini-goal: 185
4th Mini-goal: 180
5th Mini-goal: 175
6th Mini -goal: 170
Goal: 155-165 & size 8/10 or whatever weight gets rid of my wobbly bits!
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

I am like that to with Atkins. I can lose up to 15lbs or so........then I cant lose no more. I have stuck with it for so long thinking it was a very long stall. But then eventually I just give up and have some carbs and then the scale goes back up again!

Ty for the luck! I actually am very good about not eating! (I can starve myself and still gain!! lol!!!) I can go all day with nothing, its night time that gets me. So I am gonna save my cals til late evening! I am gonna take some veggies to eat if I do get hungry enough. But I think I will save my 500 cals and have eggs for dinner tomorrow!
Old 03-16-2012, 12:29 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Katie: Congrats on a great start!

Make sure you eat as much as allowed on your UDs so your body will have the fuel it needs to get you through the DD. People who don't read ALL of what Dr. J says thing the UD eating is not important, but it IS. That's the day when your metabolism is revved up so it has the ability to burn fat on the DDs.

One more tip that might be helpful to some of you and this is just from my own experience.

If I go to bed hungry on a DD and I'm really, REALLY hungry, I cannot fall asleep. That can really mess up the plan because it's during sleep that our bodies produce Leptin (a very important hormone for feeling calm, appetite suppression and fat burning).

What I have learned is that a little bit of fat free, plain, Greek yogurt makes a great bed snack and helps me fall right to sleep. Even a half a cup will do. Just mix in some Splenda if you like or a bit of vanilla extract or even throw in a few berries (I love frozen blueberries).

If you need to use a few extra calories to be able to fall asleep, it's totally worth it. You need to sleep!

Speaking of which...I'm off to bed. Will check in tomorrow to see how you are doing.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

ty Yam!! I re-added my calories last night and realized I didnt have enough for my UD so I had scrambled eggs with green onion before I went to bed!!! lol!!!

I have my DD dinner planned for later. I said in another thread, I have to eat something at dinner time because of a issue I was having with my teenage daughter not wanting to eat at all! So I have to practice what I preach and make sure I eat infront of her! So I shouldnt be hungry before bed! But I am ok with having a cup of coffee before bed if I am hungry. I have done that lots of times. I have sugar free creamer so its like a little dessert of hardly any calories and my body seems to like that lol!!!

Good news too.....that water weight I put on yesterday before starting JUDDD because of TOM is almost gone! I woke up at 181lbs this am. So I should be back down to where I was at 176 soon. I really bloat up in just before TOM. I dont need a calendar when I have a scale to know when its coming lol!!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
ty Yam!! I re-added my calories last night and realized I didnt have enough for my UD so I had scrambled eggs with green onion before I went to bed!!! lol!!!

I have my DD dinner planned for later. I said in another thread, I have to eat something at dinner time because of a issue I was having with my teenage daughter not wanting to eat at all! So I have to practice what I preach and make sure I eat infront of her! So I shouldnt be hungry before bed! But I am ok with having a cup of coffee before bed if I am hungry. I have done that lots of times. I have sugar free creamer so its like a little dessert of hardly any calories and my body seems to like that lol!!!

Good news too.....that water weight I put on yesterday before starting JUDDD because of TOM is almost gone! I woke up at 181lbs this am. So I should be back down to where I was at 176 soon. I really bloat up in just before TOM. I dont need a calendar when I have a scale to know when its coming lol!!!!
Bloating with TOM is no fun! I hope you lose it all soon!
Old 03-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Katie: How goes it today?
Old 03-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

its going great so far! i am at work reading the forum on my phone, so excuse spelling lol! i was just sitting here thinkin my numbers are way low in cals today, so i will have to add something later!

then i am debating with myself if i want to jog later. and i came up with a new motto for myself. "run what u can and walk what u must!" if i get lazy, i will stay lazy. so i will remind myself of that everyday now!
Old 03-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
its going great so far! i am at work reading the forum on my phone, so excuse spelling lol! i was just sitting here thinkin my numbers are way low in cals today, so i will have to add something later!

then i am debating with myself if i want to jog later. and i came up with a new motto for myself. "run what u can and walk what u must!" if i get lazy, i will stay lazy. so i will remind myself of that everyday now!
Glad you are doing well! If you can jog, why not do it? I always would start running that way (when I could run )....I'd jog what I could and walk the rest. I'd do intervals too...5 min walk warm up. Run 5 mins, walk 3 mins, run 5 mins, walk 3 mins...on and on until 5 min cool down walk - I did a total of 30-45 mins. For the runs, I would up my pace every min and the last min was as fast as I could go (you can do anything for 1 min). Try something like that...I bet you'll like it!

Keep up the good work!