Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
SERIOUSLY?!?!?

Ok guys, I had to post about this because it is annoying and hilarious to me at the same time. Me ---> I'm sure some of you can relate.

I'm a hungry girl. Everytime someone posts about loving DDs and not being able to eat on their UDs, I am like, "Say whhhhhaaaaat?" I have higher cals on my DDs because I need every last little bit of food. On DD's, I'm hungry...always...that hasn't stopped. I'm not light headed or anything, I don't get headaches (which I'm prone to) and I have a surprising amount of energy, but I will squeeze out every last drop of protein shake, lick plates and even scrape up food that has gone overboard. I don't waste a single calorie. They are all mine and I earned them!

BUT, on UDs, probably for the past week and a half or more, I'm starving for breakfast and probably eat 600-800 cals or so. But then it's like, why am I not hungry for lunch? This is my UD dangit!!! I want to eat all the things I was dreaming about eating yesterday. I want to eat all the foods that I said, "oh, I can have that tomorrow." Well, now it's tomorrow and I just forced myself to eat a delicious ham/cheese/tomato grilled sandwich w/fresh pea soup. FORCED you say?!?!? Yes, that's right...and I couldn't even finish the whole thing. I also bought a small side of cottage cheese and it's laughing at me right now...taunting me because it knows I can't eat it. (I expect this sort of treatment from a second dinner roll or perhaps even a dessert, but not cottage cheese ). I have to eat though. I have to eat my calories...I'll be miserable if I don't and I want to fix my metabolism.

So, am I happy the JUDDD "magic" seems to have kicked in? Well, of course I am! But I kinda feel like a thief came into my room during the night and stole my love of all things food. (Maybe it was that gross tooth fairy?) I feel a little because how can I be so hungry on DDs and then on UDs be like, "eh?" It feels a little nutzo.

This all being said. I love JUDDD...I really do. I wish I could hug it. I even checked the book out of the library just to take a peak. I'm losing weight and feeling fabulous. I even hit a new decade today at 169.2. That's after being up to 172.2 yesterday after a big up up and away day! Let's hope it sticks!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I also eat a very large breakfast on my UD's. Then taper off as the day goes on. BUT I love my big breakfast. But I am not usually REAL hungry on DD's. Kinda depends I guess.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I think we can all relate! It's great and maddening all at the same time. I've been telling myself for weeks that I NEED a grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch on my next up day. Then, my up day comes, and I forget. Then, people like YOU!, post about the grilled ham and cheese and pea soup that they couldn't even FINISH!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I enjoyed your post, DD. I think so many of us can relate!

You think about all these wonderful foods you can't wait to have on your UD, and then the day comes and it's like "Eh..." Just doesn't appeal as much, or you just aren't that hungry. It can be frustrating, lol.

For the first several weeks of JUDDD, I felt like my body had it's appetite on backwards because I would be starving on DDs and UD morning would come and the appetite was gone.

Congrats on your success so far, and for that old JUDDD magic that's sending its power your way!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
It's funny you are posting this! I had a look at why this happens to me, loss of hungry on UDs and starving on DDs and I figured out mine is more "mental" then anything else.

It's the OMG, I gotta REALLY watch what I'm eating on today's DD because I need food, lots of food and I have to get more from my calorie dollar that makes me hungry, I think so I am and on UDs I know I can eat food, lots of food so the pressure is off and I don't have to keep that close of an eye on my calories, thus taking the denial out of it and just going with how I REALLY feel. I think 9 out of 10 DDs I'm not THAT hungry, just my head thinks I am.

I'm going to try to apply the same mind set, DD OR UD, that I have enough and I'm not hungry and see what happens.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
When I did JUDDD a few years ago, I had those same feelings. There were some DD's when my desk plant looked tempting. Then come the UD morning and hunger was nowhere to be found. Having done IF and Fast-5, I'm looking forward to DD's being as easy as they had gotten a few years ago.

I think it's also a bit of a mental game - the typical "you want what you can't have" thing. Until tomorrow, of course, then you don't want what you CAN have!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
It's funny you are posting this! I had a look at why this happens to me, loss of hungry on UDs and starving on DDs and I figured out mine is more "mental" then anything else.

It's the OMG, I gotta REALLY watch what I'm eating on today's DD because I need food, lots of food and I have to get more from my calorie dollar that makes me hungry, I think so I am and on UDs I know I can eat food, lots of food so the pressure is off and I don't have to keep that close of an eye on my calories, thus taking the denial out of it and just going with how I REALLY feel. I think 9 out of 10 DDs I'm not THAT hungry, just my head thinks I am.

I'm going to try to apply the same mind set, DD OR UD, that I have enough and I'm not hungry and see what happens.
Yes, mindset is OH SO IMPORTANT for me on JUDDD's DD! I used to be miserable by the end of the DD when I first started and only had, say, 50 calories left to get to 500, and I was starving.... but when I mentally raised my DD allotment to 700 or so, it took the pressure off. If I needed those extra calories, I used them, but often just knowing they were there helped me immensely, and I was fine.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you all for your responses and ideas! I also thank you for humoring me while I rant and rave about not wanting to eat!

I believe it does have something to do with knowing that you can't eat on a DD and that you can on a UD. Mind over matter, they always say. Still makes me !

I usually have a good breakfast on my DDs, sometimes as much as half my calories for the day. I think that works better for me. Maybe I'll up it even more to like 350-400. I stick with mainly protein with a little fat (bacon anyone?) and usually some fruit. It's scary, but it might work since my hunger is stacked in the morning.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

...and I forced down my little cup of cottage cheese w/ 2 big ol' peach slices and now I feel like a fat cow. I can't win.

And yes, I forced it down because I couldn't let that little cup of cottage cheese beat me! It kept staring at me with those shifty eyes....

ETA: I just found all the other smileys and I want to use them!

Last edited by DD80; 03-14-2012 at 01:13 PM..
Old 03-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I experience the same thing. And like Sophie, have found that 'allowing' myself 200 extra calories on a dd 'if I need them', really did help. I could listen to my hunger, and most often stayed at 500, not needing those calories. But just knowing they were there let me relax and stop the head games. I'm in maint now, so actually do eat 800 cal on dd's.

But when UD's come around, I have to work hard to get 1600 in. My natural eating gets me around 1200 cals. So it makes sense that I'd not be comfortable on either day for different reasons.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
...and I forced down my little cup of cottage cheese w/ 2 big ol' peach slices and now I feel like a fat cow. I can't win.

And yes, I forced it down because I couldn't let that little cup of cottage cheese beat me! It kept staring at me with those shifty eyes....

ETA: I just found all the other smileys and I want to use them!
I feel the same about the smilies! Hate them being on another page!

Love your posts DD80.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:38 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
You are doing GREAT DD80!

No danged cottage cheese is going to keep YOU from eating enough to lose weight!!!

(Golly, I love some of the diet-not sentences that pop up in JUDDD)
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:51 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
glad you feel that ole juddd magic and part of the magic is truly in the mind set i agree!!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
[QUOTE=DD80;15494980
:[/QUOTE]

I hate cottage cheese with shifty eyes!

I lurve emoticons.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post

I usually have a good breakfast on my DDs, sometimes as much as half my calories for the day. I think that works better for me. Maybe I'll up it even more to like 350-400. I stick with mainly protein with a little fat (bacon anyone?) and usually some fruit. It's scary, but it might work since my hunger is stacked in the morning.
I've found that if I have a big protein b'fast, even on DD, it keeps me full for hours and I don't need as much to eat later in the day.

You're right, it seems scary to load up on so much of the precious DD calories right at the start of the day, but there is definitely something good about it too.

And I'm not a b'fast eater, but I've been making myself do this off and on with good results for a while now (since I read Dr. Kuses's Leptin Rx website). I usually have a big protein shake with whole milk and try to get at least 35 g. protein at b'fast.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

I'm glad you guys get my humor! If we can't laugh at ourselves, who can we laugh at? Luckily, I'm hysterical!

Vanilla, yes, I hate cottage cheese with shifty eyes! Cottage cheese should be nice. It's curdled milk, I know, but no need to be sour!

Sophie, I have read about the leptin reset (and read your guys' thread on it too!) and I think it's an interesting idea. I haven't started eating within 30 mins of waking up, but I do try to eat a protein rich breakkie. I agree that I need to up my cals on DD mornings, especially since I am more hungry in the mornings anyway.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I wish I could relate. I can eat even when I'm not hungry, I'm like a bottomless pit. I don't get that "Ugh I can't eat another bite I'm sooooo stuffed". Well, I don't get that from 2000 cals a day anyways.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
I wish I could relate. I can eat even when I'm not hungry, I'm like a bottomless pit. I don't get that "Ugh I can't eat another bite I'm sooooo stuffed". Well, I don't get that from 2000 cals a day anyways.
I totally relate! I usually don't either. Trust me...this is a strange feeling. Annoying/humorous at the same time. I still force the food down because...well, I don't know why. Methinks I need to stop forcing it and start accepting the lesser hunger... Now.........how to do that?