Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 04:00 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
Frustrated

I'm feeling frustrated today. I've done 7 days of JUDDD and I'm at my starting weight. I just need a little encouragement.

I think I need to stick with it without changing anything yet because I know I went over calories my first two UD's. I also didn't sleep well last night and I know that really affects the number on the scale for me.

Even though I know its only been a week and I know I messed up the first couple days and I know I didn't sleep well I'm still a little worried I'm not losing. Sometimes I feel like I have two brains, a logical one and an emotional one. They are both in my skull but they never meet, lol.
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2012, 04:10 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammyann View Post
I'm feeling frustrated today. I've done 7 days of JUDDD and I'm at my starting weight. I just need a little encouragement.

I think I need to stick with it without changing anything yet because I know I went over calories my first two UD's. I also didn't sleep well last night and I know that really affects the number on the scale for me.

Even though I know its only been a week and I know I messed up the first couple days and I know I didn't sleep well I'm still a little worried I'm not losing. Sometimes I feel like I have two brains, a logical one and an emotional one. They are both in my skull but they never meet, lol.
Hang in there girl.. try to remember with your logical brain that this is a journey not a destination.. there will never come a time in our life that we get to "stop" its an on going thing with lots of bumps in the scale.. they say this Woe takes 2 to 3 weeks or even longer for the JUDDD magic to kick in.. so hang tight you can do this... i too know how the emotional side likes to take over.. i was so certain i was goin to have hugh loss after my DD yestrday and was dissapointed with a half a pound loss!!..I want it to be faster than its going also..today for me was 2 full weeks on this woe and i so wanted the scale to reflect my diligance with the plan.. but its not moving so fast We can over come this together.. with the support of this fourm we can get the advise we need and apply it to our dailly task and before long we will see the results of our efforts.. bighugs to you dear
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:24 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme

not sleeping good will do it for me. Hang in there. It will get better!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:14 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Absolutely hang in there. It takes some time for the SIRT1 to build up, and the fact that you haven't gained, despite not sleeping well and going over calories a couple of times, tells me that you're getting there. Once you get to where you're staying within your calorie limits and getting some good sleep, I have no doubt the weight will start moving.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:22 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I think we all have those two brains - that's a good way to put it. Hang in there, Sammyann. Some people lose in the first week, and some take another week to get going, but that doesn't mean good things aren't happening inside right now.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:42 AM   #6

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
SammyAnn, sending you a great big hug, . It is tough when the magic doesn't begin on day one. For some of us it does take a little longer.

You know you can do this, a couple of wild UDs is not uncommon at the outset, and you will learn to handle them better with time. This is such a sensible and easy way to use food, it is really worth giving it more time.

Remember, you only diet half the time on JUDDD.

Not sleeping is always a downer, though not on the scales sadly. Be kind to yourself enjoy you UDs withing reason and keep to you DDs as well as you possibly can. Visit here often and ... have you measured? So many don't and then really wish they had.

You'll soon sees that magic drop you are waiting for.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:04 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Have patience. This is certainly not a quick weightloss plan. I am losing ever so slowly but am enjoying my food choices immensely and YES, I am up on the scale today because I had biscuits last night and was totally expecting it. BUT it will be gone in a day or so. JUDDD is very fogiving as had been mentioned many times.
Just go forward since the past is gone. AND good luck with today.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, all, so very much. I really appreciate the encouragement.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
It took a good three weeks for the scales to really start moving down in any permanent sort of way for me. I've attached my weight graph (I'm a daily weigher and it helps me to see the general downward trend despite the crazy daily and weekly bounces), and you can see from the number of days on the bottom that I was still bouncing back up to my starting weight as far as 3 weeks in. But if I had gotten discouraged and given up then, I wouldn't have seen the 16 pound loss I've had since then.

Hang in there. If you respect your correct DD and UD limits, the weight will come off. It may not be fast for everyone, but I really do feel that most of us can make this work for us with patience. So please do give it a chance.

vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:49 AM   #10
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
to you and keep at it! It does work and sometimes it just takes our bodies a while to realize something has changed and it will then let go of the weight when it feels comfortable with the change. Here is a thread I hope will help, too: JUST GIVE IT A CHANCE, 2 WEEKS IS ALL!!

And I suggest if your weight isn't moving in another 7 days I would look at your calories for UD/DD and see if maybe you are doing maintenance numbers instead of weight loss numbers. Some have found that waiting helps, as you have read here, but some have found that once they lowered or upped the calories (yes, I said upped) the weight started to move.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grace
I understand your frustration especially if you are used to constantly adjusting what you eat like you do on LC. One of the refreshing things about this way of eating is freedom from fearing every little thing caused a stall like eating cheese, cream cheese, too much protein, etc. For me it was always try this, try that, try this, try that. On JUDDD I lose in 5 pound blocks...nothing...then 5 pounds...nothing...then another 5 pounds. Seems crazy but everyone's body does this differently and yours will find its own way. I bet you'll soon see that scale take a dive!
Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
It took a good three weeks for the scales to really start moving down in any permanent sort of way for me. I've attached my weight graph (I'm a daily weigher and it helps me to see the general downward trend despite the crazy daily and weekly bounces), and you can see from the number of days on the bottom that I was still bouncing back up to my starting weight as far as 3 weeks in. But if I had gotten discouraged and given up then, I wouldn't have seen the 16 pound loss I've had since then.

Hang in there. If you respect your correct DD and UD limits, the weight will come off. It may not be fast for everyone, but I really do feel that most of us can make this work for us with patience. So please do give it a chance.

I don't see your weight graph. But I want to!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
to you! Don't worry, you will figure things out! If you post your stats and your calculated cals, maybe we can help find the problem?

Also, a few questions:

Are you drinking enough water?
Are you eating late at night?

I just ask because if I eat late at night, the scale is always higher in the morning. I think I'm a slow digester.

Water helps everything digest and helps reduce water retention.

Keep up the good work!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I don't see your weight graph. But I want to!
Oops, the option to edit seems to have passed now, so I'll try again here? Let me know if it still doesn't show up.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (34.6 KB, 230 views)
Old 03-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Oops, the option to edit seems to have passed now, so I'll try again here? Let me know if it still doesn't show up.

Ooh, this is wonderful to see! Great job, V!!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:

Thanks! That is awesome to see. Looks like after 3 weeks the magic kicked in and you started the downward spiral. Does it motivate you to look at your own chart?

I get motivated whether I'm looking at mine or at others'. So cool.

Mine is on graph paper. I do it by hand. I think the only way I could post it would be to spread it out and take several pictures. It's getting really, really long!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks guys. Yam Yam, yes, these charts (either mine or someone else's as well) really do motivate and reassure me, which is why I weigh every single day and chart diligently, especially since weight loss isn't fast for me. I need to look at the more accurate big picture over time. I'm hoping that seeing these charts will help reassure our newer fellow JUDDD BUDDDs who are struggling with weight bounces, even high ones.

I'd love to see your chart if you could find a way to get it on here! Anyone else's as well.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Thankyou for sharing your graph!!! i am going to do the same. every day, both weight and calories to give me a great visual to share!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
to you! Don't worry, you will figure things out! If you post your stats and your calculated cals, maybe we can help find the problem?

Also, a few questions:

Are you drinking enough water?
Are you eating late at night?

I just ask because if I eat late at night, the scale is always higher in the morning. I think I'm a slow digester.

Water helps everything digest and helps reduce water retention.

Keep up the good work!
I drink a ton of water. I don't usually eat late but I did last night. My dh worked unusally late and I was trying to wait for him. Thanks for mentioning it. I wouldn't have thought of that.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
I understand your frustration especially if you are used to constantly adjusting what you eat like you do on LC. One of the refreshing things about this way of eating is freedom from fearing every little thing caused a stall like eating cheese, cream cheese, too much protein, etc. For me it was always try this, try that, try this, try that. On JUDDD I lose in 5 pound blocks...nothing...then 5 pounds...nothing...then another 5 pounds. Seems crazy but everyone's body does this differently and yours will find its own way. I bet you'll soon see that scale take a dive!
I want your body!!

I have a freebie app on my iPhone that's called TargetWeight. You can track your daily weight and it shows a little graph. It's password protected, too. I haven't used it in awhile, but will since just beginning JUDDD again to keep track of things. I use the SP web site, too, but this app is very quick and handy (no I don't work for them ).
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
I drink a ton of water. I don't usually eat late but I did last night. My dh worked unusally late and I was trying to wait for him. Thanks for mentioning it. I wouldn't have thought of that.
That's a biggie! Also, give it a month or so. I tend to lose weight in blocks where I stay steady for a week or two and then whoosh 2 lbs down over the course of a few days. You will see results! Just keep up the good work!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
My weight springs all over.
My first month I even bounced up at the end above my start weight.
Still saw almost 6 pound loss at the end of the month.
Don't worry about it, just log it and move on. Stick with the rotation. You won't be sorry, I promise.
Keep an eye on the quality of what you are eating.
Focus on good nutrition, keep treats as treats, because you still have to think about health. That is the reason to modify eating and lose weight, after all.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #23

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Vanilla, I have a similar phone app, when I reached my target weight I got a lovely post with balloons and congrats. I lowered my goal by a few lbs and I got them again. I love little things like that, they so help one's motivation.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chelsearose
Stats: 159/154/Whatever gets me in a 6-8
Start Date: March 5, 2012
I use an iPad app called Bang Bang to graph my weight. I set a goal weight just to establish a reference slope but I ignore the daily EatNormal orEatless message.
chelsearose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Vanilla, I have a similar phone app, when I reached my target weight I got a lovely post with balloons and congrats. I lowered my goal by a few lbs and I got them again. I love little things like that, they so help one's motivation.
Oh how cool!!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:30 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

I just wanted to update this thread I started in case any newbies (newer than me ) were feeling the same after their first few days.

Its now been 3wks and 3 days on JUDDD for me and I'm super happy to say I'm down 4.5 lbs. I'm more excited because I hit a new low today, 144.5. 145 lbs has always been really hard for me to reach and I tend to get stuck there. JUDDD got me past it with dieting only half the time.

I had to be patient and wait for the magic to kick in. I just wanted to encourage everyone getting started to give it time. It works.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:34 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:26 AM   #28

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
I just wanted to update this thread I started in case any newbies (newer than me ) were feeling the same after their first few days.

Its now been 3wks and 3 days on JUDDD for me and I'm super happy to say I'm down 4.5 lbs. I'm more excited because I hit a new low today, 144.5. 145 lbs has always been really hard for me to reach and I tend to get stuck there. JUDDD got me past it with dieting only half the time.

I had to be patient and wait for the magic to kick in. I just wanted to encourage everyone getting started to give it time. It works.
I'm so happy to see this update, and want to tell you how happy it makes me to read it.

I have periods where I can't/don't get here for a little while, and then I seem to miss some of the posts I'd really loved to have responded to... so to see one that I missed pop back up to the top again is very nice.

I'm so glad that JUDDD is working for you. There are so few who have NOT been able to make it work, that it's almost a shock if somebody doesn't lose weight following this plan. It just takes a while to kick in sometimes though, so I'm glad you stuck it out.

I hope you are really enjoying the foods you get to eat this way. Did you change your diet any when you started JUDDD? Are you choosing to eat a few more carbs now that you can? I know that your health is being aided as you follow JUDDD, so as you continue, it's going to be pure pleasure to just get slimmer and slimmer.

I'm looking forward to your reports of more weight loss, and your eventual report of GOAL WEIGHT, which doesn't look like it's going to be too far off! Keep up the good work!

Old 03-31-2012, 06:36 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I hope you are really enjoying the foods you get to eat this way. Did you change your diet any when you started JUDDD? Are you choosing to eat a few more carbs now that you can? I know that your health is being aided as you follow JUDDD, so as you continue, it's going to be pure pleasure to just get slimmer and slimmer.

I'm looking forward to your reports of more weight loss, and your eventual report of GOAL WEIGHT, which doesn't look like it's going to be too far off! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the encouragement!

I am really enjoying the foods I'm eating now. I just ate a pb&j. Man I missed those. I did eat it on a low carb wrap because I don't tolerate very many carbs in the morning. It is the only time I'm still watching them. The rest of the day I just have what ever I feel like. But I do feel like JUDDD is healing my body already. I haven't had the blood sugar crash once since starting juddd. So I expect one day I might even be able to have more carbs in the morning.

It blows my mind that I've lost weight eating what ever I want.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:37 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fixin
Stats: 5 ft 9 140/128/130
WOE: cycling carbs and calories (JUDD Enthusiast)
Love your update. Really important for new folk to see this.
fixin is offline   Reply With Quote