Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 06:41 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Awwww. Hang in there. It'll happen. In the meantime, just let that cute rattie in your avatar give you a sweet rattie kiss. I have two ya know. One's a licker, the other isn't. Button, my licker, always "kisses my bobos" when I'm having a bad day. Don't ya just love ratties?

BTW, I started taking 5-6mg melatonin at night to help with sleep and it has worked wonders. I take it about 30 min. before bedtime and within that magic 30min window, I'm drowsy and drop right off to sleep. It's the natural human hormone that tells the brain and body it's time for sleep. BTW, an interesting factoid, it also helps with bladder control at night because it's the hormone that "turns off" the bladder sphincter muscles during sleep. At age 63, that helps a LOT!

Last edited by buttoni; 03-31-2012 at 06:43 AM..
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2012, 11:05 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Sammyann, It really NEVER EVER gets old hearing how this plan is working for someone else!!!!!NEVER EVER EVER!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:39 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
It took a good three weeks for the scales to really start moving down in any permanent sort of way for me. I've attached my weight graph (I'm a daily weigher and it helps me to see the general downward trend despite the crazy daily and weekly bounces), and you can see from the number of days on the bottom that I was still bouncing back up to my starting weight as far as 3 weeks in. But if I had gotten discouraged and given up then, I wouldn't have seen the 16 pound loss I've had since then.

Hang in there. If you respect your correct DD and UD limits, the weight will come off. It may not be fast for everyone, but I really do feel that most of us can make this work for us with patience. So please do give it a chance.

Thanks for this...I can't seem to get below 174...I bounce between 174 and 178 or so. Maybe week 3 will be my week!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:41 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammyann View Post
I just wanted to update this thread I started in case any newbies (newer than me ) were feeling the same after their first few days.

Its now been 3wks and 3 days on JUDDD for me and I'm super happy to say I'm down 4.5 lbs. I'm more excited because I hit a new low today, 144.5. 145 lbs has always been really hard for me to reach and I tend to get stuck there. JUDDD got me past it with dieting only half the time.

I had to be patient and wait for the magic to kick in. I just wanted to encourage everyone getting started to give it time. It works.
Yay!!! WTG!!!!
Old 04-01-2012, 03:49 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Back to the two brains...

I'm reading "Brain over Binge" by Kathryn Hansen. It's her story of how she overcame bulimia. She used the prinicples in the book "Rational Recovery"...and explained how there are two parts of your brain...she calls them the "Animal Brain" and the "Human Brain"

She said that when she started dieting as a young teenager...that made her "Animal Brain" kick into survival mode and learn how to binge...then it would become a habit.

It's a long story...but fascinating. Once she learned how to recognize the urges to binge and know where they were coming from (not from any personal problems like depression or emotional reasons) those urges became less and less...and she was able to stop.

And maybe it's in my head, (and I'm ok with that! ha) but I feel like I"m in better control of my urges too after reading this book.

Instead of thinking thoughts like, "What is WRONG with me??!!?" "WHy have I NO SELF CONTROL?"

I can think, "I know where that urge is coming from"

Didn't meant to threadjack...your comment about two brains really jumped out at me!

Congrats on getting on down! I'm hopefully right behind you!
Old 04-01-2012, 06:09 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammyann
Stats: 162/140.5/maintain 135-139
Start Date: March 2012 re-start Dec. 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
Awwww. Hang in there. It'll happen. In the meantime, just let that cute rattie in your avatar give you a sweet rattie kiss. I have two ya know. One's a licker, the other isn't. Button, my licker, always "kisses my bobos" when I'm having a bad day. Don't ya just love ratties?

BTW, I started taking 5-6mg melatonin at night to help with sleep and it has worked wonders. I take it about 30 min. before bedtime and within that magic 30min window, I'm drowsy and drop right off to sleep. It's the natural human hormone that tells the brain and body it's time for sleep. BTW, an interesting factoid, it also helps with bladder control at night because it's the hormone that "turns off" the bladder sphincter muscles during sleep. At age 63, that helps a LOT!
You must not have read my udate. I wish I could edit the title. I'm losing great now. I do love ratties. Ours is a licker too. He likes to give my dd a "bath" in the morning.

Thanks for the tip on the melatonin. I didn't know that about the bladder. I haven't been taking it because I fall asleep fine but then wake up a few hours later and have a real hard time getting back to sleep. I'd head melatonin doesn't help you stay alseep so I didn't try it. Well, since I do wake up to pee mostly I took a melatonin last night. I slept so hard ALL night. I haven't slept that good in a long time. Thanks I hope it keeps working. And I was down a whole lb after an UD yesterday. We even had an awesome meal out. I love JUDDD.
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:11 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Thanks for this...I can't seem to get below 174...I bounce between 174 and 178 or so. Maybe week 3 will be my week!
I hope so!!! The weight is flying off of me now. I bet it will you too. I'm sending you lots of shrinking vibes+++++++++
Old 04-01-2012, 06:13 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Back to the two brains...

I'm reading "Brain over Binge" by Kathryn Hansen. It's her story of how she overcame bulimia. She used the prinicples in the book "Rational Recovery"...and explained how there are two parts of your brain...she calls them the "Animal Brain" and the "Human Brain"

She said that when she started dieting as a young teenager...that made her "Animal Brain" kick into survival mode and learn how to binge...then it would become a habit.

It's a long story...but fascinating. Once she learned how to recognize the urges to binge and know where they were coming from (not from any personal problems like depression or emotional reasons) those urges became less and less...and she was able to stop.

And maybe it's in my head, (and I'm ok with that! ha) but I feel like I"m in better control of my urges too after reading this book.

Instead of thinking thoughts like, "What is WRONG with me??!!?" "WHy have I NO SELF CONTROL?"

I can think, "I know where that urge is coming from"

Didn't meant to threadjack...your comment about two brains really jumped out at me!

Congrats on getting on down! I'm hopefully right behind you!
That is really interesting. I'm glad you found something to help you.