Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
I think the reason us newbies or wanna be juddders ask so many questions is because it "sounds too good to be true" lol I am seriously considering Juddd if my other plans on P4 (maintenance) on HCG don't work out! Woo hoo! Thank goodness there is an alternative!!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
This WOE is just so amazing - I did LC, starving my body from delicious things like fruits, potatoes, corn, even a slice of bread was off-limits, and I wasn't happy about that; I mean, who wants to eat the topping off of pizza and leave the crust? Why sit and not be able to enjoy a piece of cake to help celebrate a family member's birthday? And this will be the first summer in a very long time where I will be able to enjoy a delicious ear (or 2) of sweet corn!! It didn't take long to convince me to give JUDDD a try, and to see the scale numbers go down is the icing on the cake -- oops, did I say that?

I've got brand new knees, a wonderful Blessing from the Lord!!!

InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttie99 View Post
I think the reason us newbies or wanna be juddders ask so many questions is because it "sounds too good to be true" lol I am seriously considering Juddd if my other plans on P4 (maintenance) on HCG don't work out! Woo hoo! Thank goodness there is an alternative!!!
It IS too good to be true . . . and yet, it's TRUE! I JUDDD!!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
Thanks for posting. You are a constant source of motivation for us!
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #35
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
BUMP because we tend to lose sight and over think just how simple JUDDD REALLY is!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:48 AM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lexy
Stats: 168/160/136
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: April 23rd 2012
and soooo true (as I am now finding out)

The scales had a jump in the wrong direction this morning but yesterday was an UD.
Yes I was a little concerned but then I looked at the bigger picture and realised that I have lost 6lbs in the last 3 weeks. 6lbs more than I had ever lost whilst doing Atkins or Dukan over the last year (LCing obviously did not suit me).

So I think I just need to trust in this WOE

Lexy xx
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Love this. Thanks. What I know about myself is that I have a lot of anxiety around food, eating, and my weight. Those anxieties don't disappear when I begin doing Juddd. They just find a different place to roost. So I become anxious about whether this will work for me, whether I can handle DDs or UDs, whether something better is out there or not. I'm all for inquiry and research, but to be honest with myself, I have to consider the idea that my worries are just there because I'm a bit twisted when it comes to all of this.
I had my first tough DD and UD (after the first two) when I got home from holidays and thought I could weigh myself and see a great number. Turns out my scale didn't work. I got frustrated because of my own expectations and all of a sudden struggled with Juddd for two days.
Lesson? I'm going back to trust, which is a choice. And to enjoying the rest on DDs, enjoying the delicious UDs. Then Juddd can do its thing without me getting in the way.
I SO appreciate everybody's thoughts on this one, and Beebs for the thread. Thanks,
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
and soooo true (as I am now finding out)

The scales had a jump in the wrong direction this morning but yesterday was an UD.
Yes I was a little concerned but then I looked at the bigger picture and realised that I have lost 6lbs in the last 3 weeks. 6lbs more than I had ever lost whilst doing Atkins or Dukan over the last year (LCing obviously did not suit me).

So I think I just need to trust in this WOE

Lexy xx
Did you also realize that you were only dieting half of those 3 weeks? 'Tis true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Love this. Thanks. What I know about myself is that I have a lot of anxiety around food, eating, and my weight. Those anxieties don't disappear when I begin doing Juddd. They just find a different place to roost. So I become anxious about whether this will work for me, whether I can handle DDs or UDs, whether something better is out there or not. I'm all for inquiry and research, but to be honest with myself, I have to consider the idea that my worries are just there because I'm a bit twisted when it comes to all of this.
I had my first tough DD and UD (after the first two) when I got home from holidays and thought I could weigh myself and see a great number. Turns out my scale didn't work. I got frustrated because of my own expectations and all of a sudden struggled with Juddd for two days.
Lesson? I'm going back to trust, which is a choice. And to enjoying the rest on DDs, enjoying the delicious UDs. Then Juddd can do its thing without me getting in the way.
I SO appreciate everybody's thoughts on this one, and Beebs for the thread. Thanks,
Kristin
The expectations we set up for ourselves can be brutal and so counter productive to living a happy life. Not just diet stuff, but anything, really. I'm as goal-oriented as they come but have learned not to be so harsh and exacting with myself as I once was. We don't always have to be Superwoman in everything and the striving we do sometimes holds us back. We get in our own way.

Kissa's signature urges us to "Relax, Rejoice and Rotate", and that's Good Advice! I think you've now got a handle on that, Kristin, and will do well with this.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lexy
Stats: 168/160/136
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: April 23rd 2012
Sheridan....that is so true. Thank you for pointing that out. That makes this WOE even more lovely when you think that you are only on a diet for half the time.....YAHOOOO
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #40

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yes, dieting half the time...who would have dreamt it.

PS I have added 'reduce' in there as I think most of us do!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Did you also realize that you were only dieting half of those 3 weeks? 'Tis true!

The expectations we set up for ourselves can be brutal and so counter productive to living a happy life. Not just diet stuff, but anything, really. I'm as goal-oriented as they come but have learned not to be so harsh and exacting with myself as I once was. We don't always have to be Superwoman in everything and the striving we do sometimes holds us back. We get in our own way.

Kissa's signature urges us to "Relax, Rejoice and Rotate", and that's Good Advice! I think you've now got a handle on that, Kristin, and will do well with this.
I'm STILL trying to absorb this. I've had that problem as long as I can remember. Repeat after me "I do not have to be perfect, I do not have to be perfect". I know where I got that mindset, shaking it has been a challenge.

Thank you for reminding me.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #42

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
On the other hand O, I think you are pretty much perfect...
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
On the other hand O, I think you are pretty much perfect...
Thank you so much. I keep looking at your photo and your weight and thinking how good you look. I wonder why I freaked so much when I hit 149. You give me hope that I'll make it. You're pretty perfect to me too.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Saving for later reading!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
It's just so nice to know we are not alone in our war on weight. I know that before I found this site, no matter how many overweight women I saw at the market, I still felt alone. It's not like I could go up to them and commiserate. Maybe they didn't consider themselves overweight. How awkward. But here it's ok to use the word fat if that is how you are feeling that day.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:24 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/158.2/145; 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 17.6 lbs
Bumping.
Heather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:32 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigmomma
I've sooo enjoyed this & all the other JUDDD threads I've read tonight. Y'all are so smart & supportive (and I really LOVE that many of your stats show your "current" weights are actually lower than your "goal" weights...WTG!!!) i plan to keep reading all I can & get started with my 1st dd tomorrow morning. Took me 2 yrs to lose 80 lbs lcing 7 yrs ago, but I never even came close to goal and have been "stuck" around 220# for far too long...looking forward to losing, even if the scale does BOUNCE!
bigmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:47 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Bigmomma! I am glad you found JUDDD! Sounds like you have read up on the program and the bounces. I am sure you will be saying goodbye to 220 and having a surprising amount of fun on your weight loss journey! I think so many get to below their goals because this way of eating lets you take a break from dieting ever second day!
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: divinemsm54
Stats: 254/173/150
WOE: JUDDD, mod. carb, HCG
Start Date: 7/15/12
I am so happy for all of you for whom this plan is simple and accomplishes your goals. But with all due respect to the original poster, for some of us following it as written is not enough, due to multiple health challenges and metabolisms that simply do not respond in the ways most other people's seem to; hence the many questions. If you're one of the lucky ones whose issues were successfully addressed, without having to ask lots of questions or do lots of tweaks, yay for you! Not all of us are quite in the same boat...
divinemsm54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
I think that the calorie cycling of JUDDD is very simple but I agree that we are all different and what can work well for some doesn't work exactly the same for all. I love all of the questions and tweaking discussions on this forum. The collective knowledge and support that comes out from the people here is what makes this such a special place. I guess JUDDD is simple but weight loss can be pretty complicated when you factor in hormones, metabolic issues and of course all the psychological issues and baggage that can get in the way. I am happy to have found a group that loves talking about all this stuff!
Old 08-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #51

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I agree. And in the couple of years I've been here, overall those who are the ones who keep asking questions, keep asking for help, keep describing their problems so that others can help them.. those folks usually seem to get it all straightened away and lose weight pretty nicely finally.

I think one of the biggest mistakes followers who aren't losing very well make is just not asking for help, asking for help, asking for help. Sometimes it's been only a single thing that they weren't doing quite right, or one little thing that needed to be slightly tweaked, and the weight loss started happening.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
It IS simple-not easy, necessarily, cuz if it was everyone would do it!

I also was slowly gaining on low carb, going from 140 to 174 in 6 years-trying, trying... Couldn't lose anymore-kept going "off" and resented not being able to eat regular stuff like others. Plus, I just couldn't believe that bread and potatoes were evil.

Started JUDDD 1/13, and have lost almost 25 pounds. Slowly, but surely. DDs aren't awful and I am learning to deal with the UDs, and reining in the UUAADs, or realizing that when they happen, tomorrow is a DD and life goes on.

Once I started JUDDD, I didn't look back and haven't thought about carbs since, although I tend to be still fairly low most days-about 100.

I treasure the help and kindness I have received from the BUDDDS, and thank Beeb that she so thoughtfully posted on the main lobby that piqued my interest, and continues, along with the other "experts"-you know who you are- to post help and motivation to so many of us

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
I think that the calorie cycling of JUDDD is very simple but I agree that we are all different and what can work well for some doesn't work exactly the same for all. I love all of the questions and tweaking discussions on this forum. The collective knowledge and support that comes out from the people here is what makes this such a special place. I guess JUDDD is simple but weight loss can be pretty complicated when you factor in hormones, metabolic issues and of course all the psychological issues and baggage that can get in the way. I am happy to have found a group that loves talking about all this stuff!
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
It IS simple-not easy, necessarily...
Good point!
Like, a marathon is "simple"--just keep running! --but not necessarily "easy".
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote