Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mom2jjl
Stats: ??/ sz 4-6
WOE: LOW CARB
Has anyone lost all their weight following JUDDD?

I think I may have just found the diet from Heaven sent here for ME!!! I have 60lb to lose and have been doing alot of research on this WOE...mainly I like to read real people comments instead of reading articles...unbiased opinions...has anyone lost their weight following the JUDDD method..alot of you here I see started low carb at first lost some and are using this method for maintenance?
mom2jjl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

bump cuz I really want to know! PLLLEEEEAAASSSEEEEE
Old 03-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
It took me 7 months to lose 14 pounds doing LC and 2 months to lose 16.4 doing JUDDD.

Didn't lose all my weight doing JUDDD but lost more than 1/2 of it. AND I have been maintaining my 133/134 pounds since Oct, 2011.

HTH and we get to have you join our JUDDD family soon!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD

I wouldn't know about JUDDD if I hadn't been doing low carb and found this site.
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I lost 13 lbs on low carb (6 weeks), took a weekend off, gained 3 lbs, and started JUDDD. I've lost 45 lbs as of this morning, 35 of that from JUDDD (3 months). I still have a LOT to lose, but I know I'll get there with JUDDD! I absolutely adore this WOE!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
It took me 7 months to lose 14 pounds doing LC and 2 months to lose 16.4 doing JUDDD.

Didn't lose all my weight doing JUDDD but lost more than 1/2 of it. AND I have been maintaining my 133/134 pounds since Oct, 2011.

HTH and we get to have you join our JUDDD family soon!
Thank you so much for the response! THIS is what I wanted to hear!!!! SOOOO EXCITED! I know this WOE will work for me! I plan on starting with an up day tomorrow..Wednesday supper at church and then my first DD on Thursday...Up day on Friday(pizza with the kids night) and DD on Saturday (super busy anyway) UD on Suday (eat out with fam after church) Is the way it is suppose to work?? REALLY??? I just have such a hard time believing this will work? I mean is it really that easy??? PLEASE SAY YES PLEASE SAY YES
Old 03-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I lost 13 lbs on low carb (6 weeks), took a weekend off, gained 3 lbs, and started JUDDD. I've lost 45 lbs as of this morning, 35 of that from JUDDD (3 months). I still have a LOT to lose, but I know I'll get there with JUDDD! I absolutely adore this WOE!
O my that is sooooooooo ENCOURAGING!!! I have 60 to lose and am so excited about this
Old 03-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jjl View Post
O my that is sooooooooo ENCOURAGING!!! I have 60 to lose and am so excited about this
That's about what I have left. Wanna race?

And yes, it really is that easy. Find and respect your UD/DD numbers and the weight will come off.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hi Mom2 to JUDDD. Yes, it's that easy!

It took me about 4 months to lose 20# on LC and vLC. I came to JUDDD with 5# left to lose, and lost them in a flash. Then I went into maintenance and imagine my surprise when I kept losing! I've lost 10# in JUDDD maintenance, 15# on JUDDD all together. For me, this was a much faster (and tastier!) way to lose than LC alone. My body seems to see LC as a type of starvation (may have had to do with the appetite suppression and low calories as a result), but on JUDDD, I seem to thrive!

Glad to have you for a new JUDDD bud!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 03-13-2012 at 02:36 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
i am sooo glad she asked this question.. ive wondered my self how much in how long on this WOE.. i mean .. i know that everyone is differnt.. but i kind wanted to know.. who lost what in what amt of time.. thanks for sharing.. and way to go!!! Keiramom~~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

LOVE IT!!! Support each other in both places and YES i will take that challenge! the race is on!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Races - WOW! Great!!

Welcome, it is very nice here!

I will be watching this race!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #13

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I didn't lose ALL my weight doing JUDDD, and I think that is probably true of most who come to this plan.

I started off on Atkins and general very low carb, but other than a bit if initial water weight loss on low carb, I couldn't make that work very well for me. I think since I was restricted in my food choices so much, I was overeating on the foods that I was allowed to eat, and I didn't get the appetite suppression from low carb that many report, so I ended up eating too much, and too high calories. So almost no weight loss.

The longer I refused many carbs in my diet, the more sensitive to carbs in general I seemed to make myself.

Then I went to old fashioned calorie restriction, counting calories and holding to around 1200 cals or so every day, and I lost some weight, but I HATED being restricted every single day... day after day after day! But I lost some, and I felt better about my size then. Although, I will say.. lowering calories and holding them low every single day did make my metabolism slow way down!!!!! and it wasn't the best metabolism anymore to begin with.

Then when I discovered JUDDD, it all came together. I lost some more weight and absolutely REJOICED that I could eat any foods in the world I wanted again! I grew up so many decades ago.. when we ate some of everything, and I'd missed all the huge variety of foods that graced our tables back then.

I realize that I can't just eat without thought anymore, stuffing my face just for the sake of eating. I actually could eat anything without thought when I was young, but those days are long over. But on JUDDD, I now am able to be pretty free to eat anything I want on my Up Days, and I'm more than willing to rein myself in on Down Days to make the plan work.

And guess what happened for me in the meantime. My metabolism improved so that I am able to eat more calories over the course of a week now than I have been able to for years! And my health is excellent. Lab reports are great. And my mental attitude is HAPPY again. My outlook on life is HAPPY again. I think being able to eat a much broader range of foods these days, include fruits and grains and also including some natural sugars even, has contributed to a much improved mental health for me too.

So even though I didn't lose it all on JUDDD, I do consider JUDDD to be the diet plan that I will follow now.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I didn't lose ALL my weight doing JUDDD, and I think that is probably true of most who come to this plan.

I started off on Atkins and general very low carb, but other than a bit if initial water weight loss on low carb, I couldn't make that work very well for me. I think since I was restricted in my food choices so much, I was overeating on the foods that I was allowed to eat, and I didn't get the appetite suppression from low carb that many report, so I ended up eating too much, and too high calories. So almost no weight loss.

The longer I refused many carbs in my diet, the more sensitive to carbs in general I seemed to make myself.

Then I went to old fashioned calorie restriction, counting calories and holding to around 1200 cals or so every day, and I lost some weight, but I HATED being restricted every single day... day after day after day! But I lost some, and I felt better about my size then. Although, I will say.. lowering calories and holding them low every single day did make my metabolism slow way down!!!!! and it wasn't the best metabolism anymore to begin with.

Then when I discovered JUDDD, it all came together. I lost some more weight and absolutely REJOICED that I could eat any foods in the world I wanted again! I grew up so many decades ago.. when we ate some of everything, and I'd missed all the huge variety of foods that graced our tables back then.

I realize that I can't just eat without thought anymore, stuffing my face just for the sake of eating. I actually could eat anything without thought when I was young, but those days are long over. But on JUDDD, I now am able to be pretty free to eat anything I want on my Up Days, and I'm more than willing to rein myself in on Down Days to make the plan work.

And guess what happened for me in the meantime. My metabolism improved so that I am able to eat more calories over the course of a week now than I have been able to for years! And my health is excellent. Lab reports are great. And my mental attitude is HAPPY again. My outlook on life is HAPPY again. I think being able to eat a much broader range of foods these days, include fruits and grains and also including some natural sugars even, has contributed to a much improved mental health for me too.

So even though I didn't lose it all on JUDDD, I do consider JUDDD to be the diet plan that I will follow now.
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
Not to go totally off-track, but
Quote:
Wow, Dawn!
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
I started with JUDDD 3 1/2 months ago - various things have slowed me down - but I'm down 35lbs - still 110 to go!!!

I'm sure I can make it - this WOE really is that simple and it does work. Sometimes, not as quickly as we might like - but considering we are only dieting 50% of the time - excellent!!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
I started with JUDDD 3 1/2 months ago - various things have slowed me down - but I'm down 35lbs - still 110 to go!!!

I'm sure I can make it - this WOE really is that simple and it does work. Sometimes, not as quickly as we might like - but considering we are only dieting 50% of the time - excellent!!!
Vicky's my inspiration! If anyone rocks this plan it's her! I've just been working the plan very dilligently, but I haven't had much going on. She's been travelling and moving and having lots and lots going on and is still losing 10 lbs/month!
Old 03-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
7 pounds in two weeks on lc. Followed by 2.5 months of stall. Now, 2.5 months into JUDDD another 16 pounds gone. 15 or 20 to go.

It ain't fast. But the journey is SO much fun! And, finally, a maintenance plan that makes sense and is actually liveable!
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #19

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Was only 7 lbs or so above goal but I had been 12 - 7 lbs over for a couple of years on Atkins. I had done it for 11 years.

It took me less that 5 weeks to see goal and I am maintaining 2 - 4 lbs under goal now. I did this through Xmas, New Year and a week's vacation in the Alps.

I think Leo 41 lost over 100 lbs JUDDDing. She is a legend.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Glad you mentioned Leo. She has lost 200 pounds!

Here is a link to her profile stats and you also can type Leo 41 in the forum search and read some of her posts to read more. She always gives great advice!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/members/125875.html
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I lost 27 pounds doing mostly Dukan/LC since August. Then at the beginning of December I was just stuck. The scale actually started creeping up and I didn't think I could stop it. I found JUDD and started Dec. 22 and now I'm down 34.4 all together.

Like someone else said, this is not necessarily a lightening fast way to lose for many, like me. However, it is enjoyable, healthy, sustainable and certainly keeps the lost pounds from finding me again! Great way for permanent weight loss IMHO!

BTW, You will love being part of this forum! Great Peeps here and so wise they are!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sedona
Stats: 228/189/155 (5'7")
WOE: Mod Carb / JUDDD
Start Date: 12/26/2011
I started JUDD 8 weeks ago - not always real strict on my up days (meaning I have gone over my calories) and I have lost 17 lbs.

I feel like this is easy. It allows me to live my life like a normal human being and if I drop 1-2 lbs per week, fine. I wasn't accomplishing anything doing nothing.
Sedona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #23

Gallery: Momto2boysNJ
Stats: 2 be Physically Fit
WOE: LC for ME!
you guys are killing me & so inspiring at the same time!!!!!
Momto2boysNJ is offline   Reply With Quote