Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hatewashingup
Stats: 135/114/108
WOE: Juddd/Vegetable lover!
Start Date: January 2012
2nd up day - massive carb binge - need to fess up

I'm so dissapointed with myself. I just need to make this public to try and shame myself into action!

As of today (my 2nd ud), I'd gone 8 days without drinking, and 21 days without snacking after dinner - for me this is huge so I was in a great mood this morning.

I made a big mistake at work this morning - I'd brought some lc porridge with me (flax, cocoa, coconut), and thought hey, since its an up day, I'll treat myself to a bowl of bran flakes as well. I'd already had a pear and strawberry smoothie and a homemade lc apple pastry at home.

All day at work I was distracted by hunger - something I haven't experienced in a while. I'm sure I got a sugar rush from all the carbs as I haven't eaten more than 50g carbs in a day for the last few months. I was feeling so in control of my appetite and my carb cravings.

My plan was, when I finished work at 3, to go home and make a salad. I had to pop into the supermarket on the way home, and couldn't resist buying a snack bar made from dates,cashews and cocoa.

Up until then I was thinking ok, not too bad, I have eaten too much but its all healthy food. Then I got home. Went into full on binge mode, completely out of control.

I lost track of exactly what I ate, but this is the jist of it.

About 5 tablespoons of PB straight out of the jar
couple of teaspoons of honey
a whole 100g bar of 90% dark chocolate
about 6 rice cakes with marmite
handful of soya nuts
a huge homemade cookie (ok, it was flour, sugar and dairy free, but not low cal!)
couple of big slices of tofu
half a cucumber (not guilty about this one)

I've estimated my calories so far today to be about 2,600. My ud cals should be 2100. I'm so disgusted with myself. I loved my first 3 days of juddd (2 down, 1 up), but I did my other ud under 50g carbs. I thought today that I wouldn't restrict myself so much, seeing as that is supposed to be part of what makes the diet enjoyable. I think me and carbs just don't get on

I don't know what to do now, other than go to the gym and try and burn off at least 500 cals. I don't want to set myself up badly for my dd tomorrow, but equally I don't want to add more cals. I might have a bowl of steamed veggies later so I don't start my dd really hungry (I stopped this binge about 5.15pm).

Sorry for the long and tedious read, but I had to get this off my chest and please if you have any advice it would be much appreciated.
Hatewashingup is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Honestly, sometimes it just happens and all you can do it dust yourself off and start again
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
JUDDD is very forgiving. Go get your workout in, drink plenty of water and have a rocking down day tomorrow!
2BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
We've all overdone it a time or two. It's not going to derail you as long as you don't let it. I wouldn't even worry about working out any more than you normally would. You don't need to "punish" yourself. That's not going to accomplish anything other than making you feel bad about yourself and maybe about JUDDD.

This first couple of weeks is a trial period, where you get to know your limitations. Take this as a lesson learned. Refrain from the carbs for a while longer, then maybe you can try adding them in again. 500 or so extra calories is not going to hurt you as long as it doesn't happen all the time.

10/24/11 @ 277.6
January 2014 @ 145
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Maybe just keep your protein on your UD's instead of focusing solely on carbs... to keep your hunger in check.

Forget yesterday and concentrate on today.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

thank you for your lovely comments. I'm going to zumba now, lift some weights and wobble my flab around on the powerplate. My glass of tempranillo that was going to be my treat after my booze free week is now in my boyfriends dinner - spag bol!

Speaking of which, don't you hate that some boys can eat anything and stay slim? My binge today would be little more than a light snack for my other half, lol.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I saw this thread and thought, "Uh oh, they caught me! I don't wanna 'fess up!"

Seriously though...it happens to all of us. I'm a huge offender. It's ok! JUDDD is awesome and forigiving! Jump back on the horse and keep going!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatewashingup View Post
thank you for your lovely comments. I'm going to zumba now, lift some weights and wobble my flab around on the powerplate. My glass of tempranillo that was going to be my treat after my booze free week is now in my boyfriends dinner - spag bol!

Speaking of which, don't you hate that some boys can eat anything and stay slim? My binge today would be little more than a light snack for my other half, lol.
Don't get me started on men. My husband doesn't even cut back his food - he just does crunches for 2 weeks and BAM! 6-pack is back! He honestly thinks that if people want flat stomachs, they only need to do sit ups and they'll get one. I've had to explain to him that they need to diet to lose the fat WHILE also toning up and even then it's no guarantee. He's so cute... Just the idea of having to limit anything - ANYTHING - that he eats scares the heck out of him.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mom22boys
Stats: 147/124.6/118 5'2"
WOE: Juddd & Low Carb
Start Date: Started Juddd 2/1/12
This was me my first time doing Juddd. I only lasted a couple of weeks because I could not control my up days with added carbs. I went way crazier than you. I am thinking 3500 calorie days consisting of licorice and whole wheat bread!!

I am now doing low carb with Juddd and have been doing great for over a month. I am very happy and have lost 5 lbs after no recent losses doing low carb alone. I am just now starting to add a bit of fruit. I had strawberries last night and did not blow up!!!

Good luck with Juddd. Everyone keeps saying that it just takes time and to find what works for you
mom22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
What you've done is nothing the majority of us haven't done, some of us multiple times! Don't worry about it. Just go on with the rotation and the Up, Up and Away Day will soon be a faded memory. JUDDD is an education for all of us - teaching us about how we eat and do best, what's going on with our bodies. So it's a learning experience, we all go through it.

Perhaps adding back carby foods one thing at a time will help. I too can tell I have more hunger than usual if I overdo the carbs. You'll get back on track. Just do more low(ish) carb for a while and reintroduce carbs slowly at a good pace for you.

JUDDD is forgiving, so again, just go on with your regular rotation like nothing happened.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 03-13-2012 at 12:48 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #11
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
It's all be said very well by the other posters here and I will only suggest one other thing:

Keep track of you food, UD OR DD! This will help you to not over eat or binge. And just move forward from here. Tomorrow is another day, a clean slate (plate ) and since we never can go back in time anyway the only way is to move forward!

PLUS, we all have been in your shoes, especially me when I first started JUDDD. I ate all the crazy carb things I had been denied on LC the first few UDs but now they just don't call to me anymore because I know I can have them now. My problem was the mind set that I was finally FREE, I could eat my cake now so I was going to eat it all at once! Well, after about 2 weeks and letting my brain reprogram itself into the mentality of I can have that anytime, if I want it, just made it get better and better and no more binging on high carb foods.

HTH

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

thank you again everyone. I feel much better after reading your comments and getting to zumba! looking forward to my DD tomorrow - i have no probs restricting calories on them - its weird.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
Don't get me started on men. My husband doesn't even cut back his food - he just does crunches for 2 weeks and BAM! 6-pack is back! He honestly thinks that if people want flat stomachs, they only need to do sit ups and they'll get one. I've had to explain to him that they need to diet to lose the fat WHILE also toning up and even then it's no guarantee. He's so cute... Just the idea of having to limit anything - ANYTHING - that he eats scares the heck out of him.
Hehehe...men that have never had to diet can be so clueless.

Classic from my OH the other day, 'How are sugary drinks going to make me fat? They don't have any fat in them!'

He'll come crying to me for advice when he eventually loses his teenage metabolism
Old 03-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
You got alot of advice....I just wanted to send some big
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
It's all be said very well by the other posters here and I will only suggest one other thing:

Keep track of you food, UD OR DD! This will help you to not over eat or binge. And just move forward from here. Tomorrow is another day, a clean slate (plate ) and since we never can go back in time anyway the only way is to move forward!
I totally agree with Beeb. Keeping track of your food as you're eating it during the day really, really helps.

I went on a enormous binge from Feb. 2-17 when we went on a cruise. But since we returned, I've gotten back down to the weight I was before the trip. I'm so excited to have a WOE that is working for me!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatewashingup View Post
Hehehe...men that have never had to diet can be so clueless.

Classic from my OH the other day, 'How are sugary drinks going to make me fat? They don't have any fat in them!'

He'll come crying to me for advice when he eventually loses his teenage metabolism
I'm glad I'm not the only one with a clueless spouse! I just smile, nod, and pat him on the head.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Don't panic. As other posters have said, most of us have done that, even on more than one occasion. I think adding too many carbs too fast sometimes undoes our best intentions. Does that mean you'll never be able to handle more carbs? I don't think so. I eat plenty of them now, just not every day. You'll find, too, that sometimes if you eat something you thought would be wonderful, it isn't so wonderful as you thought you remembered. You'll say, "Oh, I guess I won't need to eat that anymore."

Things do get easier and you just keep plugging forward. You'll be fine!
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Cant add any wisdom to that which is already posted...so will just add a "been there done that" and a big hug!

I have found that you really cant do any damage on Juddd, that a couple of good DD/UD's will not undo.

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
I've had quite a few of up up and away days and every now and then, I still have them, and that's OK!

It probably can't be said enough about JUDDD being so forgiving. Keep the rotation going, and the weight will come off.

I so agree with Laurie about finding a food or treat that we thought would be wonderful, just isn't anymore.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
been there done that too...

big hugs
Nikki
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
Another BTDT. Don't beat yourself up....tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it.
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
I hear you. I have a gain this week and it is the first week I've gone over 30 or so carbs on all of my UD.

Quote:
I thought today that I wouldn't restrict myself so much, seeing as that is supposed to be part of what makes the diet enjoyable. I think me and carbs just don't get on
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lianora Mosswood View Post
I hear you. I have a gain this week and it is the first week I've gone over 30 or so carbs on all of my UD.
Usually adding back carbs will cause a water gain, and it causes the bounces up and down that many of us JUDDDsters experience who have added carbs back into our diet. The overall trend over the coming weeks should be down, however.

Hang in there!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:41 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Dear Hate,
Have a good DD. Have a normal DD. Don't overeat and don't try to starve yourself. Just get back on the horse

All is well. Really.
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:48 AM   #25
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Another BTDT. I think it is a pretty typical response when starting this program. It's out of your system now, so go forward, and don't look back. It's just a little blip.
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:49 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
If you read the book I do believe the good Dr. does not subjest folowing a low carb
diet. Untill I took a little 4 week break I was losing weight even having 200 G of carbs
on an UD. Sure it's tempting to go back on low carb and lose all that water weight but
I keep reminding my self it would only be water.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LightlyStarched
Raises hand. Done that.

I've found I do much much better if I limit the number of carbs per meal to about 1 serving. Somthing like a zone diet, I guess? Or maybe it was protein power? Anyway, I do okay if I just have 30-40 grams or so of carb per meal. Any more and the EAT ALL THE THINGS feeling gets loose!

Oh, and I have to eat my carbs with protein and fat.

Learn what you can from these slipups.

Last edited by LightlyStarched; 03-14-2012 at 08:08 AM..
LightlyStarched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
If you read the book I do believe the good Dr. does not subjest folowing a low carb
diet. Untill I took a little 4 week break I was losing weight even having 200 G of carbs
on an UD. Sure it's tempting to go back on low carb and lose all that water weight but
I keep reminding my self it would only be water.

Very true. Those (like myself) that have or had been LC'ing for many years tend to drift to LC due to habit. I know I was doing that and still felt guilty about consuming carbs. BUT no more. I am eating (what I consider) a balanced diet with foods from all food groups and feeling quite well actually.
Toast with my breakfast eggs is now the norm for me and a baked potato or so weekly is too. If I can eat what I please and lose (although slowly) I am sticking with it.

So don't fret over the carbs. Just keep the UD DD rotation going.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:46 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Just to report back - I DID have a rocking DD yesterday

And I even (really shocked myself with this one) prepped up all my UD meals for today in the evening, BEFORE I ate my DD dinner, and managed to resist snacking while in the kitchen. Feel much more in control today with proper planning.

I am really loving my DDs, eating very simply, more or less just fruit and veggies. For me DD stands for Detox Day!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:54 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)

I LIKE the Detox Day idea!
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote