Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
When your scale is not truthful

Have you ever heard that old saying, "The scale does not lie??"

Guess what. Sometimes it does. Or, more realistically, the scale does not have the ability to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!

There are many good articles on this topic and I thought it was worth sharing this one:

ARTICLE: Why the Scale Lies (PRINT IT OUT!)
Yam-Yam is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I like that article! Thanks!

It comes on a day when I'm up almost 2 lbs on the first day of TOM. I *know* it's water, but I ate like a pig yesterday and that doesn't help my hormonal craptastic view that I am now getting fatter.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
I like that article! Thanks!

It comes on a day when I'm up almost 2 lbs on the first day of TOM. I *know* it's water, but I ate like a pig yesterday and that doesn't help my hormonal craptastic view that I am now getting fatter.
Patience.....Patience.... what a virtue, huh?

My weight loss has slowed down to where it's like my body is maintaining. I got spoiled with the faster rate of loss at first. Now I am trying to focus on how much better I look and feel, how far I have come and that hanging in there and continuing to do the right things will pay off. What I absolutely do not want is the devil on my shoulder to convince me that "what's the use?" and "this is not working."

It IS working. When I see me from the craptastic view (LOVE YOUR WORD) I have to hang around uplifting people like I find here on the JUDD forum.

Let's remind each other to breathe. Just....breathe...ahhhhhhhhh....

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 03-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Patience.....Patience.... what a virtue, huh?

My weight loss has slowed down to where it's like my body is maintaining. I got spoiled with the faster rate of loss at first. Now I am trying to focus on how much better I look and feel, how far I have come and that hanging in there and continuing to do the right things will pay off. What I absolutely do not want is the devil on my shoulder to convince me that "what's the use?" and "this is not working."

It IS working. When I see me from the craptastic view (LOVE YOUR WORD) I have to hang around uplifting people like I find here on the JUDD forum.

Let's remind each other to breathe. Just....breathe...ahhhhhhhhh....
it's so true. I need to just breathe.....................................

You advice is spot on. I know how it feels when the weight loss slows. At least it's still going down...or, at least not up!

As for me, I usually don't gain weight with my period...I just stall for weeks on end and then whoosh right after. While this is certainly annoying, it is a regular thing so this whole gaining thing has thrown me off my game. I ate a lot yesterday, but I also drank a lot and peed not that much, so I know it's water weight, but that little devil (my hormones) is on my shoulder and kicking me in the head.

I won't give up JUDDD - I it too much! I know it works! I have mucho faith in the program!

I feel today. I love being a woman sometimes!

And yes, "craptastic" definitely describes it....don't you think?

Last edited by DD80; 03-13-2012 at 10:38 AM..
Old 03-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

So, you are on a DD today and I'm supposed to be on an UD but we are feeling exactly the same. Does not help that it's a dreary overcast day and I just want to curl up in a ball somewhere.

Yesterday was a DD for me. I was not hungry at all and decided, well it just happened.... to not eat at all. I've not tried a full day fast before.

All was well until I went to bed and could not go to sleep. I flopped from side to side for a couple of hours, but my tummy was hurting and growling and I was cold and could not get warm.

I know myself well enough to know I absolutely cannot sleep if I'm overly hungry. But I was not "really" hungry for anything in particular. This was truly body hunger and not head hunger. Decided to take my flashlight in the kitchen so I would not fully wake up the hungry monstor.

I ate 3 tablespoons of Greek yogurt, half a leftover oat bran pancake and half a cup of fat free milk.

After that I was able to go to sleep. Finally! My reward for a total fast was only a point 8 drop on the scale. I think my body does not have any more to give right now. Or, if it does, It's being rebellious and it's NOT gonna give it up.

I totally planned to wake up this morning and eat 40 grams of protein and some complex carbs. but I hate breakfast. Sometimes it literally makes me feel sick if I eat it. I made more oat bran pancakes for hubby because he loves them. But all I've had so far is coffee.

I know I need to eat. Just feel like putting it off for a while and schlumping around! I'm not exactly having a pity party. I'm just not my usual bouncy self. Could be hormones. I never know at this weird stage of life. Just got over menopause. No more hot flashes, anyway. Yay.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So, you are on a DD today and I'm supposed to be on an UD but we are feeling exactly the same. Does not help that it's a dreary overcast day and I just want to curl up in a ball somewhere.

Yesterday was a DD for me. I was not hungry at all and decided, well it just happened.... to not eat at all. I've not tried a full day fast before.

All was well until I went to bed and could not go to sleep. I flopped from side to side for a couple of hours, but my tummy was hurting and growling and I was cold and could not get warm.

I know myself well enough to know I absolutely cannot sleep if I'm overly hungry. But I was not "really" hungry for anything in particular. This was truly body hunger and not head hunger. Decided to take my flashlight in the kitchen so I would not fully wake up the hungry monstor.

I ate 3 tablespoons of Greek yogurt, half a leftover oat bran pancake and half a cup of fat free milk.

After that I was able to go to sleep. Finally! My reward for a total fast was only a point 8 drop on the scale. I think my body does not have any more to give right now. Or, if it does, It's being rebellious and it's NOT gonna give it up.

I totally planned to wake up this morning and eat 40 grams of protein and some complex carbs. but I hate breakfast. Sometimes it literally makes me feel sick if I eat it. I made more oat bran pancakes for hubby because he loves them. But all I've had so far is coffee.

I know I need to eat. Just feel like putting it off for a while and schlumping around! I'm not exactly having a pity party. I'm just not my usual bouncy self. Could be hormones. I never know at this weird stage of life. Just got over menopause. No more hot flashes, anyway. Yay.

Hey - .8 is nothing to sneeze at! I have had many DDs in a row where I'm up .6 or so and then I lose it after a UD. How does that work? Riddle me that! I figure my body likes to hold water when I'm not eating so much OR I'm my body is a day behind the food I ate. Eiither way....

Honestly, you ate late and so you would have been down more if you hadn't. That's my opinion. When I eat late, I never see a loss the next day. I think I'm a slow digester. And I HATE that feeling where you are hungry and you have to eat but nothing sounds good...how lame is that?

It's ok to not have breakfast if your body isn't hungry for it. I eat later on weekends and have no trouble. How do you drink coffee on an empty stomach? I see lots of people around here do and I admit, I'm not a coffee drinker, but the few times I've had it...I didn't feel well to put it mildly. Thinking of drinking it on an empty tummy makes me

It probably is hormones making you feel yucky. That's my go to excuse! But we all have ups and downs depending on so many factors. There are days I'm just angry at the world and it feels like someone has taken over my body - I literally feel like a stranger in my own body when that happens and I can only say that it has to be hormones. I'm fully aware of my emotions, I just have no power to stop them (besides keeping my mouth shut!).

Take some extra vitamin D today (2,000-4,000 iu). If it's dreary outside, you probably need a little sunshine boost! Trust me, it helps! You many only curl up in a ball with a good book and a mug of rich, delicious hot cocoa!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Making my hot chocolateand my doc even recommended I take 4000 IU D so I do it!
Old 03-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Making my hot chocolateand my doc even recommended I take 4000 IU D so I do it!
Now I'm jealous of you and your UD hot chocolate.