Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1BellaDonna
Stats: Highest =202 (post-pregnancy 1 of 2)/142.6, 5'8"
WOE: LC, hcg, JUDDD
What is YOUR UD-Menu like?

I see that there is a lot of great info here and some wonderful DD advice/ideas. It is the UDs that are scaring this newbie though. (Anyone else?)

Perhaps we could get a thread going listing some of your typical menus on an UD, of course posting your max. calories allotted/type of program.

Example:

1742 max. Calories/LC JUDD
Breakfast: AAAA
Lunch: BBB
Dinner: CCC
Snack: DDDD
1BellaDonna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2012, 02:55 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
There are daily threads "It's ----day, What Are You Eating" that include most of that info.

Maybe we could expand it to include WOE (lc, primal, vegetarian, everything in the fridge) and calorie goal. Some people enter that info anyway.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:44 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Well I usually skip breakfast to make the gap between previous meal bigger. Lunch is a sandwich of ham or chicken. Then whatever I want for dinner and a yoghurt for dessert and stop eating at 8pm. Hope this helps you out Oh and I drink as much water as I can
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:21 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
My menus are the same as pre-JUDDD. I eat the same foods I ate on LC, I just count the calories. Today's example of my UP day is as follows:

B: Coffee w/ real cream; atkins bar (forgot my bacon and eggs)
L: cheeseburger w/ mayo and pickle
S: almonds
D: hotdogs and green beans w/ butter

The above is roughly 1700 cals and I eat more than that so I'll be adding in some snacks. If I had my bacon/egg/cheese quiche that would have been an extra 250 cals in the menu since each slice of my recipe is roughly 450 cals. Some up days I eat a slice of my favorite recipe from Linda Sue's site. The coney island pie, for example, is 550 cals per piece.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Hi guys! Thank you for the responses. I really appreciate the input! I did see the other threads like "It's Monday: What are you eating" and the similar styled exercise ones. However, when I went through them, it was such a combo of UD and DD menus and frequently there were no indications on what the individual's caloric allotments are. I suppose I was looking for a place for people to go where they could quickly find lots of ideas of what UD Menus matched their program (LC, Paleo, etc) and UD calorie level. Maybe it's already in a post and I'm overlooking it? Because I'm doing LC to start out, I'm a bit nervous that the fat intake will be sending me above my caloric allotments or that out of fear of going over, I end up not eating enough on my UDs. I think I was hoping to see lots of nice options for tried and true menus to help me on my way and to help me be creative about my meals. When (if?) I go to introducing some carbs, I feel like it will be easier to keep the correct levels. I don't know. I've been reading so many threads/posts that my brain is swimming. LOL!! I have one more day to get it together. Yikes!!

Thanks again! Wishing you all a great day!
Old 03-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
I think that, since nothing's off limits with this WOE, there are way too many UD options for a single thread. If you're planning to stay low carb, I'd suggest eating the same things you already eat for UDs and DDs, and just have less of them on DDs and then add more healthy fats to UDs.

HTH!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BellaDonna View Post
Hi guys! Thank you for the responses. I really appreciate the input! I did see the other threads like "It's Monday: What are you eating" and the similar styled exercise ones. However, when I went through them, it was such a combo of UD and DD menus and frequently there were no indications on what the individual's caloric allotments are. I suppose I was looking for a place for people to go where they could quickly find lots of ideas of what UD Menus matched their program (LC, Paleo, etc) and UD calorie level. Maybe it's already in a post and I'm overlooking it? Because I'm doing LC to start out, I'm a bit nervous that the fat intake will be sending me above my caloric allotments or that out of fear of going over, I end up not eating enough on my UDs. I think I was hoping to see lots of nice options for tried and true menus to help me on my way and to help me be creative about my meals. When (if?) I go to introducing some carbs, I feel like it will be easier to keep the correct levels. I don't know. I've been reading so many threads/posts that my brain is swimming. LOL!! I have one more day to get it together. Yikes!!

Thanks again! Wishing you all a great day!
I definitely understand the confusion, as it took a while for me as well in the beginning to get used to counting calories and figuring out what I could eat within my calorie limits. The thing with calories though, is that it depends not only on the item but also on portion size/weight. Let's say I eat X amount of my low carb pizza for a meal and the portion size I eat for that meal comes to around 310 calories. I may want a smaller portion for another meal that will only be around 200 calories. I always post my total calorie count in the daily what are you eating threads, but not for each item individually for that reason.

So if your portion size differs from mine and you don't eat the exact amount that I do, it'll differ drastically in calorie count, and I'm not sure that will help you. So I think you may want to just choose what you want to eat ahead of time and then calculate it to get your calorie counts and add it up for your daily total before you start your day of eating. You'll find the longer you do this, the easier it'll be for you to have a good idea of what you can eat and the amounts that you can eat to make it within your calorie limits for the day.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I'll play
Typical UD for me 1900
B - 2 eggs scrambled in coconut oil, coffee with HWC, 2 slices wholewheat toast with SF Apricot preserves (500 calories)
L - 2 cups fullfat Dannon yogurt with an apple and strawberries (or a banana) (500 calories
D - round steak or brisket or roast with veggies, sweet potato (650 calories)
GooGoo CLuster 240
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
I have no such thing as a typical UD - I just eat whatever strikes my fancy, and count the calories (my UD limit is 1800).

Yesterday I had cereal with almond milk for breakfast, a Luna Bar for a snack, a bologna/cheese sandwich with Special K crisps for lunch, and lemon/pepper tilapia with penne pasta and corn for dinner followed by a Sugar Free pudding cup.

I love the freedom JUDD gives me to well, literally eat what I want!
2BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I tend to eat the same things over and over on both DD's and UD's. I am boring.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the input, you guys! I understand what you're saying now. I am thinking that to get me started I will put together lists of foods and their calorie counts to help me know in advance what I can eat. I'm thinking I need to be prepared as possible at first and then as I get more comfortable with portion sizes and calories, I can vary more. I don't know. I think I may just be used to having very certain options of foods (and amounts) from doing Hcg so much. lol Anyway, thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hey Bella, you will adjust to all of this quicker than you think. It's hard for me to break down what I eat on UDs because each day is unique. For some, it may be daunting to have so much freedom and choice in their diet, but JUDDD is truly that way. Make it what you want it to be - the decisions on what you eat are all yours. Check out the recipe threads and daily "What are you Eating?" threads for more food ideas if you like though.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Lower Carb/JUDDD
I havent started JUDDD yet. I am still breaking it down and planning. My plan so far is:

I am at a 1800 UD limit. I figure if I break it down to 350 for breakfast, 450 for lunch, 800for dinner, and 200 for snack. I can use this as a basis, and can shift around the calories depending on whats going on also! I think if I can use this as my guide I will be fine!

My DD is 480, but I will save that for a salad for dinner. I dont want to not eat something in front of my daughter. I had a hard time convincing her she needs to eat something everyday, when I caught her not eating for days on end when she was trying to drop 10lbs she gained over winter before softball conditioning started. I have to practice what I preach in a round about way!

Anyways I am taking my break down and looking over the "what you eating" thread and making myself a little menu to put on my fridge as a guide on those days of opening and closing the fridge in search of idea's lol!! I did Atkins for almost 10 years off and on, and I still have a sample menu on the side of my fridge lol!!! Oh and I found a website that has calorie counts for fast food and resturants that I am gonna print and put in my wallet as a way to keep track on those days I need to stop!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/205/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! May 2013
My UD tomorrow will be Chobani yogurt and caramel mini-crisps for breakfast, a Lean cuisine and popcorn for lunch, dinner is a Thomas' thin bagel, cabbage and 2 stuffed cheese shells, and then somewhere in the day, I'll have a medium peeled cucumber, sliced with about 2 tablespoons of homemade chicken salad and also working out at Curves after work - I'm getting hungry, so better go on to bed, TTYL!
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, I see.

UD 1600 cal.

During the week, DH is out of town (business travel).
- Breakfast is 200 calories of hwc in coffee (DD breakfast is 100 cal hwc).
- Lunch is my big meal usually about 1000 cal of whatever appeals. I keep a notebook of calories in my favorite 'home made' meals, and of my fave eat-out meals.
- Dinner is usually the same as DD, about 200 cal or cabbage/veggies.
- Snack is 64 calories of whiskey - carefully measured (1 jigger)
I have 100 calories allocated to 'other'. Lately, I am experimenting with making chocolate truffles. The cals go to tasting the mix. Giggle, I don't think I have actually eaten a whole, finished truffle yet.

(Imagine, a woe where I can make chocolates AND lose weight )

Friday DH is home. Breakfast is hwc in coffee. I usually fast or eat a small salad for lunch. Dinner is usually Mexican.

Gradually, Saturday is becoming MD every week to keep to his schedule. I don't really like this, it is slowing down my weight loss. But, it also keeps romance in the relationship.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #16

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Well, like Sophie said, mine are so varied it would be impossible to give you a typical day.

My cals are approx 375/1700 but I am in maintenance so I eat anything from 400 - 700 class on a DD and my UDs are pretty much Free Days, where I eat whatever I fancy without counting.

Also, I gave up LC as soon as I realised that I felt just fine when I ate carbs and still lost weight, faster than I had in years That was a blindingly magical moment after 11 years on Atkins.

Sorry I can't be more precise. I can tell you that a JUDDD UD is a thing of beauty!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #17

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom View Post
I have no such thing as a typical UD - I just eat whatever strikes my fancy, and count the calories.
What she said ^
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I have 2200ish calories for my up day. I make two big meals out of it.

Lunch: 1000 cals. Whatever I want, I weigh and count everything as I add it to my plate and I stop adding when I've reached 1000. Today I'm making nachos for lunch, so I'll count out about 400-500 cals of nacho chips and then the rest in toppings. That's a BIG plate for me.

Supper: 1000 cals, something with ground beef tonight, not sure what yet.

Snack: 200 cals... I portion out pretzels, chips, popcorn, nuts, crackers etc into 100 calorie ziploc bags so I budget for 2 of them. I get the munchies at night sometimes and at least it's budgetted.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6/239.2/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 9 June 2013
My cals are 425/2100

B: normally 300 - 600 Cals
L: 600-1000 cals
D: 1000 cals

I need a lot of food in the evening to manage a good DD the next day. If I'm hungry at the end of an UD - I know the DD will be tough!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #20

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I don't really have a typical up day either. If we're planning a meal out, I'll eat lightly during the day, focusing on fruit and grains.

Some days I snack all day and there are no distinct "meals" but lots of snacks eaten an hour or two apart.

Some days I have a regular breakfast, lunch and dinner with approximately balanced calories allotted to each.

But that's what I like about up days--I can follow my needs and desires and not be stuck to a rigid plan.

I can see where planning would be useful to some, but I am too much of a rebel and planning (even for myself) would get thrown out the window pretty quickly.

This was probably no help to you, sorry.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
At first I was cramming everything I missed into my UD. lol I was so full I felt like a kid on Thanksgiving. Now I've moved to higher calories things and moved to the "little or no exercise" calorie count so I don't feel as full. Today is an UD here is my menu for today:
S/C/F/P/C = 5/82/53/90/1887
B: coconut oil (43)
B: Chia Ricotta Bowl Breakfast no whipped cream (343)
S: BLT Roll Up and Avocado, Chocoperfection (313)
L: Cheesy Cabbage Ground Beef, Mozzarella Cheese (375)
S: Muffin In A Mug half, coconut oil 1T (287)
D: Dr Oz Glucomannan powder 1tsp, SOS (ground beef, cream of mushroom soup and a bay leaf) (295)
S: almond butter, Protein Shake Jay Robb (231)
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Metabolisms are very interesting.

I may be the only one, but I find I am much less hungry on DD if I eat most of my food during the day, then have a light, lc snack for dinner, on UD.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:18 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Metabolisms are very interesting.

I may be the only one, but I find I am much less hungry on DD if I eat most of my food during the day, then have a light, lc snack for dinner, on UD.
I'm not hungry on my DDs. I generally save it up..kind of like I did for dessert when I was a kid, a little for lunch and save the best for last.

It's so interesting that we all have different takes on it, yet it works. JUDDD seems very versatile.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
I have 2200ish calories for my up day. I make two big meals out of it.

Lunch: 1000 cals. Whatever I want, I weigh and count everything as I add it to my plate and I stop adding when I've reached 1000. Today I'm making nachos for lunch, so I'll count out about 400-500 cals of nacho chips and then the rest in toppings. That's a BIG plate for me.

Supper: 1000 cals, something with ground beef tonight, not sure what yet.

Snack: 200 cals... I portion out pretzels, chips, popcorn, nuts, crackers etc into 100 calorie ziploc bags so I budget for 2 of them. I get the munchies at night sometimes and at least it's budgetted.
I like this - a great idea!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/205/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
I'm not hungry on my DDs. I generally save it up..kind of like I did for dessert when I was a kid, a little for lunch and save the best for last.

It's so interesting that we all have different takes on it, yet it works. JUDDD seems very versatile.
That's what I'm doing today as well; I ate very little for breakfast/lunch, and going out with hubby tonight for hibachi stirfry - I'm a newbie, but that works for me, saving the best for the last meal of the day!
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I haven't read all the replies, but I wonder if you are a member at ************.com? It's a calorie tracker that is very helpful in planning your day, without having to keep lots of lists. You can save specific meals, create recipes, and look up tons of foods, entering them into your diary with a simple click.

Many of us are on there, and you can 'friend' us, and then see our food diaries. Maybe that would help? I'm mykidsteacher there too, and I follow a Paleo woe. I'm in maintenance, and follow 800 cal DD's and 1600 cal UD's.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for all the wonderful input, suggestions, and ideas! I have ************ from my hcg days. While I dread the idea of counting calories, I definitely understand the importance of having a good understanding what I'm doing. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!