Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1BellaDonna
Stats: Highest =202 (post-pregnancy 1 of 2)/142.6, 5'8"
WOE: LC, hcg, JUDDD
OH-SO-SCARED!!!

1 more day of HCG P2 and then JUDD World....

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been reviewing a lot of the posts in this forum and am reminded that LCF has THE.NICEST. members ever!!!!

I am ending (yet another) round of Hhcg (P2) tomorrow and want to start with JUDD. I am currently at 155 (How did I let myself gain back that weight?!?! Never mind. I remember now. ) and my ultimate goal is 138-140. My lowest was 145 but since having 2 kiddos, I definitely see that I was actually smaller at 148 pre-pregnancy. I am thinking that perhaps if I go lower, I will be closer to my old size (when I still thought I was fat!! ). Anyway, I know that if you have a history of eating disorders this WOE isn't recommended. I was wondering if there are any people out there with ED who are doing this successfully? I have a history of bulimia and, honestly, it is still a daily battle (esp. on hcg and stressed). I feel like this WOE would actually be good for someone like me bc it's only every other day of having to "diet". Either way, I'm going to obsess over my weight and food. Seems like this is a healthier way of dealing. Opinions?

Anyway, I have calculated my UD to be 1742 and my DD to be 348. I'm not worried about the DD. It's the UD I am worried about. I will definitely do my P3 as LC JUDD but am worried that my UDs will be too caloric or too low in calories bc of introducing some cheese, greek yogurts, fats, etc. Any tricks? Should I just eat off of saucer or something?? I only count calories on P2 of hcg, so this is so foreign to me. I guess I've gotten more adept at figuring out carb counts over calories and I'm scaaaaaaaaaaaared. I want to be successful on this and to stop yo-yo'ing.

Any advice, tough love, or hugs is welcomed by me! I look forward to joining the JUDD forum.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Welcome!!! I dont have any advice for you, just a hug and a welcome!! lol!! Still learning this myself, ready for my start of JUDDD!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much, Katie! I will take that hug and raise it by 2 (back to you). I look forward to joining you on this journey!! I see from your profile you plan on starting 3/19/12. Wishing you the best and hope to see lots of posts from you!
1BellaDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: whole foods, P3
Start Date: rx hCG R9 start 09/04/14
THERE she is!
shelbyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Donna: Double and !!!

One piece of advice if you are not used to counting calories it to check out the thread that says "Online Calorie Counters and Calculators". You will find links to free sites that do it for you!

There was a new thread today where people were talking about which one is their favorite. I think ******.com got good reviews.

I think that thread is "Newbie with a Question". Check it out.

You will do great! Just read as much as you can and ask any and all questions. Someone will respond!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 03-12-2012 at 10:05 PM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Here is one link:

Hello and Question
Old 03-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Hi Shelby, my friend!! :-)

Yam-Yam- Thank you for the links and the welcome! I am reading like crazy (and hoping the info sticks! lol) I'm getting pretty excited too. One more day!! Woot wooooooooot!!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
BellaDonna! Someone will come along to answer your ED questions, but I just wanted to welcome you to JUDDD!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Sophie! I mean,"meooooow." :-)
Old 03-13-2012, 03:07 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
BellaDonna!

Some of our successful ED buddds should show up and share our story as the day gets older. I do know JUDDD is not for everyone, but it has helped some people tremendously.

Planning is key. Plan your meals, DD and UD. Make lists then live the lists. It does get easier because most of us eat the same - oh, let's say twenty or so - meals frequently. Once you know the calories in those meals you don't have to go through major calculations, you just plug the cals into the daily plan. When an unusual or exceptional meal comes along, it does become second nature to make time to figure cals. And, when that once in a lifetime meal appears, you enjoy it then dive back into the DD/UD rotation - all is well and the weight gain is water that washes away quickly.

I am finding JUDDD so amazing. I am now at a weight I have not seen in over twenty years. And somewhere inside, I know my journey to goal and maintenance is going to be successful.

I hope you find JUDDD a woe that will carry you through the rest of your skinny life!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:12 AM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!

Everyone's already given you great advice, so I don't have much to add. Regarding the ED, I know we have some success stories here, but there are also some who couldn't handle the UD/DD cycle. My best advice would be to pay attention to YOU, and how you feel doing the plan. Your health is the most important thing. I love, love, love JUDDD and wish you the best!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:33 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013

Best of luck with your new woe!
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I've not had any experience with an ED, so I can't help you there, but I can tell you that as a former Atkins girl, then hCGer, I've had phenomenal success with JUDDD. I lost those last few pesky pounds I couldn't seem to get rid of, with an extra five to boot! Maintenance has been a real pleasure.

theredhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
to JUDDD! I hope you love it!

As for EDs...I have definitely struggled with food for many years. I've never been diagnosed with an ED, but I have had problems with starving myself, as well as binging behaviors.

I have found JUDDD to be a great plan for me. The DDs seem to "correct" any perceived "bad" behavior that I exhibited on my UD (so I have a way to "forgive" myself for eating). I have many DDs and UDs that seem to go off without a hitch, but have problems when hormones or stress become overwhelming. A DD is usually a welcome relief after a UD as it lowers my sense of "OMG I can't believe I ate all that today." At the same time, the UDs help me feel satiated and happy with the food I eat, so I am less likely to binge because, well, I know I can have any food I want and if I want more, then I can have some in 2 days (next UD). Once I saw the scale start moving down, it cemented the idea that this is a lifetime plan for me because I finally felt in control, which is honestly something I have never felt before when it comes to food. I'm actually starting to see the "magic" of JUDDD because I am not that hungry on my UDs anymore, which is something I NEVER thought would happen. I am still hungry on my DDs and I struggle sometimes, but knowing I can eat whatever tomorrow helps. I think I am so hungry though because I take my thyroid meds in the morning. It seems to be different for others on the program.

I also exercise a lot and that helps me with my stress. I tend to binge when I'm stressed so I try to instead use exercise as my outlet. It works most of the time. It helps that I enjoy exercising and I enjoy the exercise that I do. I recommend that everyone do some sort of physical exercise because it helps with physical and emotional well-being.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #15
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
and I just can't help but wonder when I read comments about "being scared" what a person could possibly be scared of? Be afraid of "real" things, not JUDDD.

It's a WOE that is extremely flexible and lets us move those numbers around some if we find we can't do them on our DDs. The UD numbers really should be left alone for a good JUDDD experience, in my opinion, even though some think they could be too high. Pami just wrote a thread about this, how getting up to those calorie numbers really DOES work; eating more to lose weight is JUDDDs mantra!!

AND if you do JUDDD for the suggested 2 week trial and see that it's not working for you, you can always go do something else. No contracts to sign or money to pay every month for membership. Just a little time, effort and adjusting sometimes to make it work.

Here is the thread I point everyone to. Hope it helps.

Want To Know LOTS About JUDDD?

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
and I just can't help but wonder when I read comments about "being scared" what a person could possibly be scared of? Be afraid of "real" things, not JUDDD.

It's a WOE that is extremely flexible and lets us move those numbers around some if we find we can't do them on our DDs. The UD numbers really should be left alone for a good JUDDD experience, in my opinion, even though some think they could be too high. Pami just wrote a thread about this, how getting up to those calorie numbers really DOES work; eating more to lose weight is JUDDDs mantra!!

AND if you do JUDDD for the suggested 2 week trial and see that it's not working for you, you can always go do something else. No contracts to sign or money to pay every month for membership. Just a little time, effort and adjusting sometimes to make it work.

Here is the thread I point everyone to. Hope it helps.

Want To Know LOTS About JUDDD?
Once I figure out the thyroid stuff, and get regulated, I plan on trying to increase my UD calories as well.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Oh you guys are sooooo wonderful! Thank you for the warm welcomes, information and reassurance! I'm very excited to start this WOE and feel a bit more prepared today. I think I have just been scared of not doing the program accurately and failing, yet another diet/eating program/etc. I think I'm going to work on some menus for the UD's to help me get my mind straight and to help me get going. I definitely believe in being prepared, as I know the poor choices come along with those days I'm tired and not prepared. I'm thinking of putting together a list of breakfasts that = x number of calories, and then do the same lunch, dinner, and snacks. Then I can mix and match options.

I do have a question. What do you do if you have some food related event approaching and it's going to fall on a DD?

Hugs to you all! Thank you for the warm fuzzies! I. Can. Do. This.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #18
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BellaDonna View Post
Oh you guys are sooooo wonderful! Thank you for the warm welcomes, information and reassurance! I'm very excited to start this WOE and feel a bit more prepared today. I think I have just been scared of not doing the program accurately and failing, yet another diet/eating program/etc. I think I'm going to work on some menus for the UD's to help me get my mind straight and to help me get going. I definitely believe in being prepared, as I know the poor choices come along with those days I'm tired and not prepared. I'm thinking of putting together a list of breakfasts that = x number of calories, and then do the same lunch, dinner, and snacks. Then I can mix and match options.

I do have a question. What do you do if you have some food related event approaching and it's going to fall on a DD?

Hugs to you all! Thank you for the warm fuzzies! I. Can. Do. This.
Maybe this will help.....MDs? A Little Lost Here......
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Oooh. Thanks Beeb!!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD

Just wanted to welcome you. I did Atkins and then HCG and then joined the JUDDD's. Really there is nothing to be scared about at all. It is a forgiving plan and don't look at it like you might fail. You may need to readjust things, but you won't fail.

Like the others said, be careful about lowering your up days too much. As a former HCGer, it is sometimes hard to grasp the concept of eating a high number of calories, but therein lies the magic.

Best wishes to you!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Sungoddess!!
Old 03-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

It's so darn tempting to try lowering UD calories or try doing several fasting days in a row in the beginning because we don't yet trust this woe. Honestly, I believe that those of us who have fought the good fight with our weight for a long time can develop a "deprivation mentality".

It might take a while of rotation days and slowly adding tasty foods back in to realize that yes, this is a healthy plan. And, yes, it will work!

Trust the process and keep reading the posts! Make sure you pop in right away if you are having struggles or doubts. I sure did and got all the answers and encouragement that set me on the right path.

I predict you will do GREAT!!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Down 3 lbs today. I've not been counting calories yet (just kind of estimating)--eating low carb (just got off P2 of Hcg), and doing UD and DD's. I'm taking it slow and easy and am trying to stay grounded. Thanks for the advice and vote of confidence, Yam-Yam!!
Old 03-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/maintaining 135-139
A little late in reading your post but wanted to you!

I'm a post HHCGer and while I did release the weight I wanted to, I was unable to maintain. I was going into my 4th month of P4 when I found JUDDD, and the gains stopped and the losing started.

Today I am in maintenance and feel so secure in the knowledge that as long as I respect my UD & DD numbers I can either maintain or release a bit more if I choose!

Anyway, glad you are here and I see that you've already released 3 lbs!

What a great start!

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Sazzie- thanks for the welcome and great info on your experience! I need all the info, ideas, and encouragement I can get! :-)
Old 03-20-2012, 06:49 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

How ya doin' there girlie?
Old 03-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Ha! So much for that 151.whatever I was down to the other day. I was 153.4 today. Still, trying to keep my head on straight. It's a DD (3:11pm) and I've only had coffee (with a couple tsp. of milk) and a cup of green tea. Been super busy, so I do need to get some water in me. I'm hoping the gain was water (TOM will be here in about 5 or so days too) and not just fat. I keep telling myself that "The scale, she bounces" and "I'm still 2 lbs lower than my last hcg day!" Going to pray that I get through today well and focus on some yummy veggies tomorrow. I've already instructed my husband to make the carby meals on my DD's. :-)

How are you doing? Did you see that neat website I posted on the Calculators thread (and on your FB)?
Old 03-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I've jumped up as much as 3 lbs after a UD and then after DD, lost it all plus some more. Just stick with the plan...you are doing great! Drink that water! You want to flush the fat out!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
What DD said. Except at first I jumped four pounds after some UDs. And lost them all plus another the next day. It took a few months for my UD jumps to settle down. But at the end of every week, I am at a new low.

DRINK THAT WATER!
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BellaDonna View Post
Ha! So much for that 151.whatever I was down to the other day. I was 153.4 today. Still, trying to keep my head on straight. It's a DD (3:11pm) and I've only had coffee (with a couple tsp. of milk) and a cup of green tea. Been super busy, so I do need to get some water in me. I'm hoping the gain was water (TOM will be here in about 5 or so days too) and not just fat. I keep telling myself that "The scale, she bounces" and "I'm still 2 lbs lower than my last hcg day!" Going to pray that I get through today well and focus on some yummy veggies tomorrow. I've already instructed my husband to make the carby meals on my DD's. :-)

How are you doing? Did you see that neat website I posted on the Calculators thread (and on your FB)?
Yes, I did! Thanks so much! I have been running around like a crazy woman for the last few days and haven't been able to get to FB. I've got a big deadline next Tuesday, a calendar completely FULL of meetings, and to top matters off, I leave for a business conference on Saturday, gone 'til Wednesday, gf visiting starting Wednesday night. That gives me exactly 3 days to get everything done that I need for Tuesday.