Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Some questions before I buy the book?

After years of on again off again LC. I have realized something. I just cant do it! Some days I am hungry and cant get enough to eat other days I am not hungry at all and have to force myself to eat something. Other days I am so busy that a dollar sandwhich from burger king is the best I can do (which is a LC killer)!

I was bored at work and reading through things on my phone and came across this JUDDD section. As I was reading, I realized that JUDDD is kinda how I eat now. Maybe if I just made better choices with my foods I could make this work.

A few questions before I buy the book though if you all dont mind!?!?

So you dont HAVE to do LC with this correct? I could have a bowl of oatmeal and be a happy person?

I was on the main site and seen about Resveratrol, what is it really? Side effects? do you have to get from the JUDDD site or can you get it at like netrition or stores of that order? Is it required?

DD's according to the caulator I would need around 480 cals. Now do you have to eat at all? I have seen post on the main forum about ppl who chose not to eat at all for 24-36 hours. If I am hungry, I could have like soup? or a fried egg, a sugar free pudding, or anything really as long as the whole day is around 480?

The UD's I dont have to eat salads and things if I am not in the mood for them? I could have a smaller plate of what my family is eating? I dont mind LC as long as I dont have to make double meals, after a 10 hour work day coming home to make the family spaghetti and me fish and a salad gets old. This is where the downfall of LC starts.

I recently was found to have uterine fibroids and polyps, and I am reading a book I bought about them. I am finding that my diet is what is hurting me not helping. It says to eliminate animal fats and things like that, that help promote estrogen and estrogen effects. And well really thats alot of LC itself. You need the fats! Thats kinda how it works! But honestly the more I read the book the more I realize to shrink fibroids naturally LC isnt the way to do it. And since JUDDD is kinda how I eat naturally, I was thinking I can take the suggestions from the fibroid book and apply it to this WOE.

Back when I was younger, I would eat around 1200 cals a day and I was running everyday and I was able to shed 30 lbs and stayed there for years before I had my kids. Since the kids its been back and forth with LC since! I do good for so long, then the eatting way gets old! And I slowly let carb creep get me. Because of things like family movie/pizza night. So many nights I would love to eat a slice of pizza but I am stuck there with the same old same old salad! Then when you do get a taste of carbs, you get the biggest taste over and over til you ate way more than you really would of if you werent LCing!

I have read the sticky posts, and the JUDDD website and I think I have an idea of how this works, but I am kinda worried to that maybe I am not thinking of it in the correct way. I will buy the book but if my thinkings wrong its another "diet" book to add the the pile of "I'm gonna do this" then never do. So pretty much what I am asking is, I can eat just about anything as long as its in normal portions and the total stays around 1800 on UD's and 480 on DD's (thats what the calculator told me!!!)? So I would be able to eat like a jr whopper on busy as heck days and not have to hide from the forums because I "cheated"?

Please dont think I am an idiot!!! LOL I really am not!!! I am a home health nurse and spend some days running my client around trying to get his errands run (car maintance, groceries, doctors, etc) and only able to grab something from the drive through to eat as I go, or days that I am to busy to even do that, then after work I am running around going to my kids sporting and what not events that its a what ever I can cook fastest at 8pm when we all get home at the end of the day. This is what makes strict LC the hardest, and this is how JUDDD becomes how I normally eat, just way to large portions, I am sure I am no where near the goal cals thats suggested, I am sure I am over by a large margin!!!

Any suggestions/ideas/OMG dont do thats before I order from the book place?

Last edited by krow134; 03-12-2012 at 07:29 PM..
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Here you go!! Happy reading and discovering this wonderful WOE!!

Want To Know LOTS About JUDDD?
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
You can do any type of food plan with JUDDD. It is all about calories not the kind of food you eat. I jumped off the LC bandwagon since I just could not do it any longer. Missed having regular foods that everyone else was eating around me everyday. I do not follow LC but many do on JUDDD.
I personally bought the book since I like to read about what I am doing but many do not buy it. A lot of the book is on the JUDDD website.
I follow a 500/1900 calorie plan and I am enjoying being able to eat anything I want as long as I count it in my totals for the day. When I figured up the calories for my LC days I was around 3000 calories with all of the butter and coconut oil and eggs and meat and salad dressing etc. Did not realize how high my calories were since I was just counting carbs. It has taken me several months to get into the appetite suppression that many experience much sooner. But I am old and I certainly did enjoy adding back carbs. Maybe too many in the beginning. But boy did I enjoy those cookies.
Welcome to JUDDD and I hope it works for you.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
After years of on again off again LC. I have realized something. I just cant do it! Some days I am hungry and cant get enough to eat other days I am not hungry at all and have to force myself to eat something. Other days I am so busy that a dollar sandwhich from burger king is the best I can do (which is a LC killer)!

I was bored at work and reading through things on my phone and came across this JUDDD section. As I was reading, I realized that JUDDD is kinda how I eat now. Maybe if I just made better choices with my foods I could make this work.

So you dont HAVE to do LC with this correct? I could have a bowl of oatmeal and be a happy person?
Yes and Yes

Quote:
I was on the main site and seen about Resveratrol, what is it really? Side effects? do you have to get from the JUDDD site or can you get it at like netrition or stores of that order? Is it required?
Not required and as far as I know, only one person is currently using it.

Quote:
DD's according to the caulator I would need around 480 cals. Now do you have to eat at all? I have seen post on the main forum about ppl who chose not to eat at all for 24-36 hours. If I am hungry, I could have like soup? or a fried egg, a sugar free pudding, or anything really as long as the whole day is around 480?
You do not have to eat all your DD calories, but if you do, you eat whatever foods you choose.

Quote:
The UD's I dont have to eat salads and things if I am not in the mood for them? I could have a smaller plate of what my family is eating? I dont mind LC as long as I dont have to make double meals, after a 10 hour work day coming home to make the family spaghetti and me fish and a salad gets old. This is where the downfall of LC starts.
Same as DDs- you are free to eat whatever you choose.

Quote:
I recently was found to have uterine fibroids and polyps, and I am reading a book I bought about them. I am finding that my diet is what is hurting me not helping. It says to eliminate animal fats and things like that, that help promote estrogen and estrogen effects. And well really thats alot of LC itself. You need the fats! Thats kinda how it works! But honestly the more I read the book the more I realize to shrink fibroids naturally LC isnt the way to do it. And since JUDDD is kinda how I eat naturally, I was thinking I can take the suggestions from the fibroid book and apply it to this WOE.

Back when I was younger, I would eat around 1200 cals a day and I was running everyday and I was able to shed 30 lbs and stayed there for years before I had my kids. Since the kids its been back and forth with LC since! I do good for so long, then the eatting way gets old! And I slowly let carb creep get me. Because of things like family movie/pizza night. So many nights I would love to eat a slice of pizza but I am stuck there with the same old same old salad! Then when you do get a taste of carbs, you get the biggest taste over and over til you ate way more than you really would of if you werent LCing!

I have read the sticky posts, and the JUDDD website and I think I have an idea of how this works, but I am kinda worried to that maybe I am not thinking of it in the correct way. I will buy the book but if my thinkings wrong its another "diet" book to add the the pile of "I'm gonna do this" then never do. So pretty much what I am asking is, I can eat just about anything as long as its in normal portions and the total stays around 1800 on UD's and 480 on DD's (thats what the calculator told me!!!)? So I would be able to eat like a jr whopper on busy as heck days and not have to hide from the forums because I "cheated"?
Absolutely! If you don't believe me, go take a look at ANY of the daily "What are you eating?" threads.

Quote:
Please dont think I am an idiot!!! LOL I really am not!!! I am a home health nurse and spend some days running my client around trying to get his errands run (car maintance, groceries, doctors, etc) and only able to grab something from the drive through to eat as I go, or days that I am to busy to even do that, then after work I am running around going to my kids sporting and what not events that its a what ever I can cook fastest at 8pm when we all get home at the end of the day. This is what makes strict LC the hardest, and this is how JUDDD becomes how I normally eat, just way to large portions, I am sure I am no where near the goal cals thats suggested, I am sure I am over by a large margin!!!

Most of the people over here think the book isn't necessary, I never bought it myself.

Last edited by Pami; 03-12-2012 at 07:48 PM..
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Ty Beeb!! I have read those links!! Thats how I got the main idea of how this works!!! I just ordered the book anyways!!! I think I will give it the 2 weeks that was suggested on one of those links and just try it! I honestly think this will be more natural for me than LC is, really!!

Thanks everyone!!! I think I will def give this a go!!! I am kinda really excited about this. OMG a chance to eat pizza again!

Oh and very good about the Resveratrol. I honestly get nervous taking things. I didnt want to take something and have my heart jumping out of my chest, or risk having hives because something didnt agree with my body! Phewww good I wont be buying that then!

Last edited by krow134; 03-12-2012 at 07:56 PM..
Old 03-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
But I am old and I certainly did enjoy adding back carbs. Maybe too many in the beginning. But boy did I enjoy those cookies.
I have to add to...^^^^ this!! My daughter is learning to cook and I hateeeee having to pretend to eat something cause it was full of carbs and I just couldnt have it! She loves to bake cookies and cakes and it would be so nice to actually have a few and honestly tell her how good it is!!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:

Correct!!

You do NOT need Resveratrol. I don't know anyone of the successful JUDD Buds who takes it unless I'm missing something. Waste of money probably.

DD's according to the caulator I would need around 480 cals. Now do you have to eat at all?

No you do not. In fact, Dr. J. says in the book that fasting on DDs is even better, but most people just can't do it. That's why he came up with the calculations.

I have seen post on the main forum about ppl who chose not to eat at all for 24-36 hours. If I am hungry, I could have like soup? or a fried egg, a sugar free pudding, or anything really as long as the whole day is around 480?

Yep!

Correct!

Sounds like a great idea!

I hear ya!!

Correct on all counts.

Please dont think I am an idiot!!! LOL I really am not!!!

You are NOT and we DON'T!!

I am a home health nurse and spend some days running my client around trying to get his errands run (car maintance, groceries, doctors, etc) and only able to grab something from the drive through to eat as I go, or days that I am to busy to even do that, then after work I am running around going to my kids sporting and what not events that its a what ever I can cook fastest at 8pm when we all get home at the end of the day. This is what makes strict LC the hardest, and this is how JUDDD becomes how I normally eat, just way to large portions, I am sure I am no where near the goal cals thats suggested, I am sure I am over by a large margin!!!

Hi and !! You are gonna love it here with such a supportive group and you will enjoy this woe.

Some people do LC/JUDD, some don't. It works w/ any woe. The only thing I've heard a number of times is if you come off LC and then suddenly add in carbs, you may have an initial gain of fluid retention for a few days while your body gets over the shock of finally getting to eat unlimited carbs. So, experienced people says add them in slowly. Or, (and I hope Dawn pops in here! ) some people just eat carbs for several days before they start, gain a few pounds and start from there.

Hang around, read on a couple of Newbie threads and the Weight management thread and look over the daily weight thread.

You will not have a steady daily loss. In the beginning, after DDs the scale usually drops as the body starts burning fat and starts activating the "magic" SIRT1 gene. (more about that in the book). Then after UDs you will probably see a bounce up as your tissues suck up nutrients and process them. This is not fat. It's fluid. You will still be burning fat. Next DD? Back down.

There is a thread called "The scale she bounces" and it's a great place to read.

Hope you noticed I tried to answer all your questions in bold with answers in bold!

So glad you are here!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Yes, JUDDD really is *that* easy!!!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry if I was repetitive to others! When I saw your post, no one had yet replied. It took me so long to answer, most of your questioned were already addressed by the time I hit submit!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Goodness thank you everyone!!! Such a warm forum!! I excepted maybe one person to answer me, but you all are here welcoming me and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Yam- I think I will take your advice and add in a few carbs slowly! I know it will be a slow battle, but I didnt gain in all in one night I cant expect it to come off in one day! I am just hoping to find something I can stick to longer than a month at a time! LC is great but its so hard to stick to! Exspecially when your a busy person! Like I said I can leave my house at 7am and not get home til 8pm and I do have to do a grab and go, and let me tell you I just cant choke down another Atkins meal bar.........yuck! They are just not good!!! I am just so tired of gaining and lose the same 15lbs over and over again!

I will slowly do this until monday morning I will dive head first into this! So its best to start with a DD first? I am really excited about this!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Katie! Looks like you were on the right track, and the helpful folks here confirmed for you.

You will love JUDDD. It sounds like it will fit your lifestyle well.

And the food!! Omgosh the food! It's all up to you whatever you want to eat! It's totally your decision, as long as you stick within your calorie limits. If you can fit a Whopper into your UD, then you're a gal after my own heart! Except it would be a Big Mac for me, lol.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
If you can fit a Whopper into your UD, then you're a gal after my own heart! Except it would be a Big Mac for me, lol.
Big Mac and a shamrock shake.........this time of year is my weakness!!! I really do avoid Mcd's right now cause.........I would have it every time I pass one if I could!!!! Lucky for me my client is an arby's person, and the burger king is right next door! I used to work at arby's when I was younger, and I cant eat there!!!!!! Not that its bad food, I just worked with bad people! Its kinda a "yeah cant do it" moment when at Arby's window! lol!! hmmmm Big mac is 580 cals I think.......pretty sure, daughter counts cals and she fills me in........it can be done (I usually take out the middle bun anyways)!!!

Last edited by krow134; 03-12-2012 at 08:14 PM..
Old 03-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Goodness thank you everyone!!! Such a warm forum!! I excepted maybe one person to answer me, but you all are here welcoming me and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Yam- I think I will take your advice and add in a few carbs slowly! I know it will be a slow battle, but I didnt gain in all in one night I cant expect it to come off in one day! I am just hoping to find something I can stick to longer than a month at a time! LC is great but its so hard to stick to! Exspecially when your a busy person! Like I said I can leave my house at 7am and not get home til 8pm and I do have to do a grab and go, and let me tell you I just cant choke down another Atkins meal bar.........yuck! They are just not good!!! I am just so tired of gaining and lose the same 15lbs over and over again!

I will slowly do this until monday morning I will dive head first into this! So its best to start with a DD first? I am really excited about this!!!
Katie: big

Actually, most people recommend you start with an UD so that you will be propperly fueled. I started w/ a DD because I had eaten plenty the day before I started.!

After my first DD the scale went down -4.4 and I thought "Wow! Great!"

After my first UD it went back up +4.2 and I thought, "I knew this was too good to be true!" WRONG!

I was WRONG!

Dr. J and successful JUDDers recommend giving this woe at least 2 weeks. When you read the book you will understand and be soooooooo motivated. It takes the S1 gene 2 weeks of DD rotations to get fully activated to where the protein (enzyme?) that prevents your body from storing extra calories as fat and controls appetite is built up sufficiently.

You will have mess ups and not do it perfectly. NO PROBLEM. The DDs produce the enzyme. The enzyme burnsa ze fat! continually.

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 03-12-2012 at 08:16 PM..
Old 03-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #14

Quote:
Big Mac and a shamrock shake.........this time of year is my weakness!!! I really do avoid Mcd's right now cause.........I would have it every time I pass one if I could!!!! Lucky for me my client is an arby's person, and the burger king is right next door! I used to work at arby's when I was younger, and I cant eat there!!!!!! Not that its bad food, I just worked with bad people! Its kinda a "yeah cant do it" moment when at Arby's window! lol!!
LOL I love fast food fish sandwiches, and during Lent, they're on sale everywhere!! No problem, I could eat one every other day if I wanted to!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Katie: big

Actually, most people recommend you start with an UD so that you will be propperly fueled. I started w/ a DD because I had eaten plenty the day before I started.!
ty!! You have a point about the UD and not starving the next day!

Can I just tell you how happy I am to be able to have perogies!!! I am polish and I grew up eating them and I so very much miss them!! Guess what I am buying on friday........perogies, butter and green onions!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
LOL I love fast food fish sandwiches, and during Lent, they're on sale everywhere!! No problem, I could eat one every other day if I wanted to!
I know!!! And then we got coupons in the sunday paper for the buy one get ones.........it just calls to you sometimes!!!! Hubby just said we should go to out this weekend and use a coupon or two. He isnt a fast food person, but once in a while he gets a craving for it!!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Can I just tell you how happy I am to be able to have perogies!!! I am polish and I grew up eating them and I so very much miss them!! Guess what I am buying on friday........perogies, butter and green onions!!!
I have not had perogies since I was 18 yrs. old! OMGosh! Enjoy!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #18

Quote:

First of all, what are pierogies? I googled, and they look like ravioli?
And secondly, what's the significance of butter and green onion? Is that a type of garnish for them?
Sorry for my ignorance, but the last international foods I ate were Polish sausage and French fries
Old 03-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

I did have them last on christmas eve. We have a traditional polish dinner that WOE or not you eat it. Its a good luck thing. It has homemade mushroom soup, herring, farina, perogies, mashed potatoes, stewed prunes, and senik (? cant remember the spelling, but its homemade cheese that you turn into a cheesecake type thing that you add in like raisins and things too). Each plate has a meaning, and each plate has to be atleast tasted for luck (hate herring, its a small quick swallow with out chewing!!)
Old 03-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:

When I saw "perogies" I was gonna post that I ate them for the first time in Pittsburgh, and then I looked at your stats and see you're from there. I may have to pick up a box soon. You can be happy knowing perogies are back on the menu for you now that you're a JUDDDster!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
First of all, what are pierogies? I googled, and they look like ravioli?
And secondly, what's the significance of butter and green onion? Is that a type of garnish for them?
Sorry for my ignorance, but the last international foods I ate were Polish sausage and French fries
lol! Perogies are dough, like ravioli, that is filled with potatoe. It always has potatoe but you can add to the potatoe things like sourkraut, or cheese, or broccoli, depending on your taste. I like reg old potatoe ones. You then fry them in butter and green onion. They are really amazing! That same dough makes Kluski noodles. Those noodles are what you find in real fried cabbage and noodles. If you like that you would love perogies!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
When I saw "perogies" I was gonna post that I ate them for the first time in Pittsburgh, and then I looked at your stats and see you're from there. I may have to pick up a box soon. You can be happy knowing perogies are back on the menu for you now that you're a JUDDDster!
Yes from Pittsburgh, home of the perogie lol!!! But my grandma and granddad come from poland, and gosh I miss my grams cooking, but she taught me how to make all that stuff!!!! I love that I can pass it on to my daughter now!!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yes from Pittsburgh, home of the perogie lol!!! But my grandma and granddad come from poland, and gosh I miss my grams cooking, but she taught me how to make all that stuff!!!! I love that I can pass it on to my daughter now!!
Katie: I wanted to ask you the last time you had a gawumpki? But I don't know how to spell it!!! That's another one I remember loving to death in my younger years.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:32 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Katie!

Recently I realized I don't consider JUDDD a diet/woe. I think of it as a way of life within which almost any woe can be successful. Prepare to have fun training your family to ask, "Is this an down day or can we eat out tonight?"

I do take resveratrol. I started taking it for the antioxidant and anti-inflammation effects before I started lc (a few months before I started JUDDD). I have run out several times and have not noticed any difference in my weight loss rate taking or not taking it.

In January one of the so-called scientists who had focused on resveratrol was caught in several - shall we say - misrepresentations. Jury is still out on how far his 'research' deviated from the truth. In the meantime, I still take it.

I hope you find JUDDD as exciting and amazing as I do!!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:28 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Katie: I wanted to ask you the last time you had a gawumpki? But I don't know how to spell it!!! That's another one I remember loving to death in my younger years.
golabki, Just had it on sunday!!! I make a LC version, then freeze many meals worth and feed the whole family it! Stuffed cabbage is such a pain to make so I always make it in bulk and freeze!!!!

thank you gotsmeold, I have def decided not to take resveratol. I know there are legit products out there, but there are so many that are not. Then you have people like Dr Oz, who I really do love watching, that recommend this and that and alot of the time contrideictes (sp?) himself. I just get worried with all the products on the market what is really good to take!

Last edited by krow134; 03-13-2012 at 04:35 AM..
Old 03-13-2012, 05:33 AM   #26

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Lost with JUDDD! Maintaining with HDE/IE

It seems as though your questions have already been answered, but I wanted to pop in to say hi!

Yam Yam mentioned that I added carbs back all at once. For ME, it was the best thing I could have done. If I had done it slowly, I would have obsessed about what was going on in my body and would that ONE thing I ate cause me to gain? Here's what I did (and it was great for me, but you do whatever you feel is best for you):

My daughter's 7th birthday was the weekend before I wanted to start JUDDD. I had been low carb for 6 weeks (and off and on for years before that), so I decided to have a full weekend of eat-whatever-the-heck-I-wanted. I was low carb until about noon on that Friday, then had anything and everything, including pizza and cupcakes at my daughter's party on Sunday. I considered the whole weekend an UD. Haha! I weighed in on Monday morning, my first DD, and called that weight my JUDDD starting weight. I gained a little under 3 lbs over that weekend, had a nice clean DD, and just started my regular rotations. Best thing I ever did. No carb stress, no worry, and this WOE is so amazing. I love it!

I will recommend giving it a full month, just in case it takes your body a bit longer to adjust. Some are fine with DDs right away, and others need to really build up that SIRT1 gene for appetite suppression. I also recommend keeping the UD/DD rotation without "tweaking" anything for at least a month. You'll hear about MDs and FDs (Medium and Free Days). MDs are used to change your rotation. They are a great tool when needed, but "can" slow loss, depending on your own unique physiology and how often you use them.
I'm at 3 months and have used only one MD, and no FDs, which should be reserved for maintenance.

Again, welcome and good luck!

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
May 2014: Still maintaining; taking a stab at HDE/IE
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:20 AM   #27

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Good to see this post getting so many answers, JUDDD folks are just so kind and helpful.

I just wanted to add that being able to share food and family recipes with your daughter is so lovely. JUDDD will transform your kitchen experience. And reading recipe books and forums can be a joy once more.

I will be preparing a risotto this evening. 11 years on Atkins meant that I did this then watched my family eat it. Needless to say they didn't get it very often....
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

ty everyone again! I got home early today so I am gonna read more posts and gather up my own printed calorie counts and menu samples for my fridge!!!

I love how the JUDDD section is sooooo helpful!!!