Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 02:37 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
holding water?

just a quick question, for some reason this am i wake up and seam to be holding water i say this due to veins poped out on my hands and feet..plus my ring is tight (always a sign of water for me) now in the past durring warmer months i seam to hold fluids, and yesterday was this super cold day for me, but our temps here in michigan were very warm.. last nite after eating dinner which for my DD was chicken breast i did put more salt than seasoning on it when i cooked it..so i suspect that salt is my culpret, but.. i just wondered is there any thing other than NOT using salt that i can do to stop this?..when not dieting, only in the summer do i seam to hold water weight, but since i started this WOE that seams to be somthing im experiencing more often.. any thoughts??
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2012, 04:16 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Is there a chance something hormonal is going on? OV or TOM can cause unexpected water retention.

Also, do you drink mostly water? If you drink other beverages, check the salt content in case it is sneaking in.

My next thought is maybe you can incorporate some veggies and herbs that have diuretic properties? If you run an internet search on 'diuretic foods' you can find a list.

Also, maybe less salt on DD only?
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:33 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Is there a chance something hormonal is going on? OV or TOM can cause unexpected water retention.

Also, do you drink mostly water? If you drink other beverages, check the salt content in case it is sneaking in.

My next thought is maybe you can incorporate some veggies and herbs that have diuretic properties? If you run an internet search on 'diuretic foods' you can find a list.

Also, maybe less salt on DD only?
Well coffee,, coffee, and then 8 glasses of water.. i think ill add me some lemon to that water today.. i should have a pannel done on my blood, last time checked my thyroid which is low.. just not low enough to get me on medicine.. what a crock i tell ya,, all the symptoms of low thyroid but not quite low enough to for the doc to do any thing about.. grrr.. hormonal.. now that may be my issuse.. i keep forgetting about that one due to having a hysterectomy last Sept,, with out the normal sighns i tend to forget that i still have my overies lol..i will track that and see if perhaps that is the cause.. thanks sweetheart.. and yes ill go look at the naturl diaretic foods on line..hugs~
Kimberly
Old 03-12-2012, 05:05 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I did that twenty years ago! Took me awhile to figure out my ovaries were still doing their thing.

However, since the water retention happened on a DD (when, if anything, you should be losing water), I vote for the blood panel. All the symptoms but none of the corrective meds sounds really frustrating!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:29 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
I did that twenty years ago! Took me awhile to figure out my ovaries were still doing their thing.

However, since the water retention happened on a DD (when, if anything, you should be losing water), I vote for the blood panel. All the symptoms but none of the corrective meds sounds really frustrating!
yah it is.. but its ok i think.. i have always belived that to be the reason i cant lose the weight.. well so far this WOE has proved that not true lol
Old 03-12-2012, 06:42 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Kimberly,

I have been losing nearly 3 lbs/week on this WOE and was just diagnosed hypothyroid. Apparently my results were clinical, but I suspect now that I've been subclinical and still symptomatic for quite some time. Push for more testing.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I retain water very easily and have for many years. I have been tested and tested and no doctor (or lab) has ever determined why I do this. So lemon water, celery etc are my go to choices for getting rid of the fluid. I even took diuretics at one time but I do not want to become dependent on those again when natural foods work, just slower.
There are foods that you may be sensitive to that also may cause water retention. A food diary can be very useful in discovereing foods to avoid. I went through this in February but so far in March I have not puffed up like roadkill. (YET)
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
I retained water easily too. I know sugar does it for sure. But I haven't noticed salt to cause it. I don't OV anymore and TOM is so irregular for me that it's hard to tell when it's coming. Guess I'm pre-m. I didn't know about the lemon in water. I will try that. I can't take celery. LOL Yesterday I was soooooo thirsty that I kept drinking and drinking. And I knew I wasn't passing what I was drinking. The scale is showing it big time this a.m. :/
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
My water retention issues started 22 years ago following the birth of my only child at age 40 so I figure it is related somehow to this event in my life. Before he arrived I was thin and could eat anything and did not even know what water retention was. Love my boy!! Isn't it fun being female?
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Kimberly,

I have been losing nearly 3 lbs/week on this WOE and was just diagnosed hypothyroid. Apparently my results were clinical, but I suspect now that I've been subclinical and still symptomatic for quite some time. Push for more testing.
def will.. i dont understand why the doc just dont seam to understand symptoms are awfull, so why not try to boost me up to whats normal for others.. i mean, if im at the very bottom of the lowest number you can possably have befroe ya need meds,, i say, boost me up to a more normal number just my sysptoms go away!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyL View Post
I retained water easily too. I know sugar does it for sure. But I haven't noticed salt to cause it. I don't OV anymore and TOM is so irregular for me that it's hard to tell when it's coming. Guess I'm pre-m. I didn't know about the lemon in water. I will try that. I can't take celery. LOL Yesterday I was soooooo thirsty that I kept drinking and drinking. And I knew I wasn't passing what I was drinking. The scale is showing it big time this a.m. :/
thats kind of where i am today .. i didnt show a loss today, and am all puffed up sooo, its water grrr. but its ok, soon this will pass