Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 05:07 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janj
Stats: 150/139/133 (5' 6.5")52 years old
WOE: LC
Start Date: May 2003
How about another maintenance thread?

I remember there used to be one. I know that several of us are juddding for maintenance, and I would love to share notes. I have always struggled to maintain in the past when I have been at or near goal weight, but I really feel that I may have found the answer in JUDDD. How long have some of you managed to stay in maintenance? Only been a couple of weeks for me, but am loving the consistency, and I'm really appreciative of all the support and knowledge that you girls share
janj is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I started JUDDD after coming off another "maintenance" round of hCG. I struggled to keep my weight from creeping back up. My goal was 145, but I kept ending my rounds a few pounds above it.

I started JUDDD the week of Thanksgiving and started losing right away! I enjoyed eating through the holidays, but always made sure to do my DDs strictly. The payoff was losing more weight than I dreamed possible! I'm five pounds UNDER my goal weight now and maintaining easily. The scale bounces after generous UDs are getting smaller as time goes on.

I LOVE JUDDD and this is my WOE for life!
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Been in maint for maybe a month? But I've lost a couple pounds in that time, which is cool.

Since I don't really do much in the way of sugar/grain carbs, I don't see the scale bounces many do. (although I had a cupcake after lunch today--my MIL made it without eggs or milk, how could I resist?).

I'm happy to be able to eat at a higher level than I had been able to. Prior to Juddd, I was eating 100-1200 cals, and weight loss was creeping. Now, I get 1600 every other day, and only have to go 800 or 900 on dd's to maintain nicely. I think my metabolism may be showing signs of healing.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Hi Laurie and Tina
Nice to have your company in the maintenance lane! I'm sticking closely to the suggested UD and DD calculated calories for now as it's early days, but am hoping to be able to up the UD numbers over time.
Also, I realize that I've been eating pretty lowcarb -not consciously, but old habits die hard!
What a wonderful way of eating this is! And to think I didn't know what it was until very recently. Life changing
Old 03-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #5
lavender and lace

Gallery: Violet_Dream
Stats: 178/167.8/135 ~5'10"~
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/18/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
I started JUDDD after coming off another "maintenance" round of hCG. I struggled to keep my weight from creeping back up. My goal was 145, but I kept ending my rounds a few pounds above it.

I started JUDDD the week of Thanksgiving and started losing right away! I enjoyed eating through the holidays, but always made sure to do my DDs strictly. The payoff was losing more weight than I dreamed possible! I'm five pounds UNDER my goal weight now and maintaining easily. The scale bounces after generous UDs are getting smaller as time goes on.

I LOVE JUDDD and this is my WOE for life!
Thank you for posting this! I'm on my 4th hcg round and have approx. 17 pounds to go. P3 was so frustrating because I was bouncing all over the place. I found a home for maintenance here. Our stats are similiar as well. Congratulations to you!

Last edited by Violet_Dream; 03-11-2012 at 05:25 PM..
Violet_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Oops, just realized my typo--that should have been 1100-1200 calories previously.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:27 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
Another maintainer here.

I had so much hope when I started HHCG and I must give credit to the protocol since it did get me where I am today.

But, maintenance in P4 was next to impossible, and I was strictly adhering to my diet.

Since finding JUDDD back in October '11, I am maintaining beautifully while eating all the foods in each food group!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I've been maintaining for four months now.

I find it's a very freeing way to live. I mix things up with other types of IF and MUDDDg, but I always come back to regular JUDDD after a while. I never feel like I left it, just doing variations on it that make the living even easier for me.

That other maintenance thread is here, btw: The Maintenance Lane
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Thinking of easing up a bit, now that I'm maintaining under 130, where I want to be. Wondering if I could do FD's on sat/sun, 800 cal dd's M/W/F, and regular 1500-1600 cal UD's on T/Th.

Does that sound doable? I suppose there's no harm in trying it out.

I'm going to visit my mom next week, so every day will be a fd because I simply don't feel like keeping track while I'm visiting. They eat primal too, so I'll at least be able to maintain my food choices. I actually have more of a problem of not eating enough calories when I don't keep track than eating too many.

So depending on how it goes when I get home (if I have any vacation pounds to clean up), I may try my idea for a couple weeks and see how it goes.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Thinking of easing up a bit, now that I'm maintaining under 130, where I want to be. Wondering if I could do FD's on sat/sun, 800 cal dd's M/W/F, and regular 1500-1600 cal UD's on T/Th.

Does that sound doable? I suppose there's no harm in trying it out.

I'm going to visit my mom next week, so every day will be a fd because I simply don't feel like keeping track while I'm visiting. They eat primal too, so I'll at least be able to maintain my food choices. I actually have more of a problem of not eating enough calories when I don't keep track than eating too many.

So depending on how it goes when I get home (if I have any vacation pounds to clean up), I may try my idea for a couple weeks and see how it goes.
Sounds doable to me! Let us know how it works out for you. And enjoy time with your family next week.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:08 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Tina, I've been thinking that I may be able to ease up a little too at the end of the month. I wll be really interested to see how those new rotations work out for you. I hope you have a great family visit next week. I'll be in the UK for 2 weeks in April, so not sure how the eating will work out there.....

But, wow, I still can't believe I found JUDDD. It's so simple, so easy to live with and works like a charm. SO happy I found you guys

Jan