Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
I'm Scared! lol

I would love to give JUDDD a try, but I'm so scared of gaining weight. I've been doing LC for 2 weeks and have lost 10-12 pounds, but have a lot more to lose and this looks like a great plan. I like the idea that I can eat fruit and a wider variety of veggies. Is it possible to do JUDDD low-carb style?

I went to the website and input my data and this is what it said:
UD 2215
DD 554
Thats at 25% weight loss mode and no exercise.

What would a typical day look like? Do you eat all day long or just during certain times? Any other information that you think would be helpful with my decision making would be grately appreciated. Thanks

I've read through the threads and went to several links mentioned, but still have a lot of questions.
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
I was scared too... but do JUDDD and LC and you can reap the benefits of both! It wasnt until just recently i added some carbs back in my diet. After about 6 weeks on JUDDD. Try it for 2 weeks! If u dont like it, go back to just LC.

Good luck!
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
Check out our what are u eating today threads. Good for ideas for DD's especially. You can eat all your calories at breakfast if u want, or 3 small meals, or some try to save them all for a "normal" dinner. You need to decide what works for u! I drink coffee till about 2 then eat small snacks the rest of the day. Seems to work for me. I like lots of protein on DD's!
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:30 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Melisa!

The idea of DDs can be scary, can't it? Many of us who started out scared, ended up preferring DD over UD.

You can eat whatever pattern suites your body and life best. If you are used to eating breakfast, plan to eat breakfast. Over time, with the whole world of food available, you will learn the eating pattern that works best for you.

If you know you have any trigger foods, I encourage you to avoid them the first few weeks. Let JUDDD take hold and be surprised when some trigger foods suddenly become just really tasty.

Keep asking questions. Read the menus and plan before you begin. And prepare to be amazed (I still am!)
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:48 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hatewashingup
Stats: 135/114/108
WOE: Juddd/Vegetable lover!
Start Date: January 2012
I just started yesterday on a dd, and actually loved it!
Still managed to get 44g of protein and stay under 30g carbs.

I am vegan so my menu is different to most peoples, but I will post anyway...
Breakfast- 1 tvp sausage with daikon hash browns and spinach
Nothing until dinner - usually this would be hard but I went straight from work to the gym so wasn't home til 6
Dinner- wheat gluten 'steak' with sautéed kohlrabi and grilled little gem lettuce

I basically did my dd similar to my Atkins plan but dropped the fat way down and upped the Lc veggies.

UD today... Should still be under 50g carbs but not really counting
Breakfast: flax, coconut and chocolate Porridge (no oats)
Snack: tofu based chocolate pudding
Lunch: tvp sausages, broccoli, daikon hash browns
Dinner: green veggies with tofu puffs and blackbean sauce

There are lots of people's menus in the 'what are you eating today' threads
Hatewashingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:20 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Welcome to at least trying it for 2 weeks.. i came into it from LC also, not the typical atkins or anything like it.. just started eating carbs that only come from veggys or natural sorces, with the exception of haivng whole grain wraps or pitat breads..i am doing great on this plan and surpized how i can still eat the way i was only alternating cals now. the thing that surpized me was how many calories i ws really eating. On this forum i have read that if you do come from a LC style of eating you want to slowly add back the food choices you have been avoiding, due to it will make the scale bounce some.. but she bounces weather or not you do any way...if you do you chose to give this a try you should measure your body for what i have discovered even though i am losing on the scale you will shed inches that the scale does not show you.. good luck and i hope you at least give this a try
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:58 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
If you decide to add carbs back, you will gain a bit of your weight back. What you need to remember is that initial whoosh you got with low carb was water, not fat. That's all you'll be gaining back, and then you know that anything you lose after that is fat. You can decide to do JUDDD low carb if you prefer, or with any other style of eating. It's entirely up to you what you put in your body as long as you respect your calorie ceilings BOTH days.

I personally knew I wanted to add carbs back, so I took a weekend off between Atkins and JUDDD. I had anything and everything I wanted, gained just under 3 pounds, and then started with a DD on Monday morning and used what I weighed that morning as my "JUDDD starting weight." I think, for me, it helped to just jump in and not worry about the initial gain. I'm also not known for being the most patient person around, so I didn't want to mess with adding things back one item at a time.

Whatever you decide, and I wish you great success.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:12 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I went from LC to adding carbs back immediately and did fine. My weightloss is slow but I am happy with it. It is steady and I am enjoying carbs I have not been able to have for many years.
You can do JUDDD anyway you want to. It is based on calories not carbs and if you are consistent day after day the results will show. BUT the scale will bounce up and down. That is NORMAL. Patience pays off with JUDDD.

Last edited by adillenal; 03-11-2012 at 06:47 AM..
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:21 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
JUDDD style LC eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
I would love to give JUDDD a try, but I'm so scared of gaining weight. I've been doing LC for 2 weeks and have lost 10-12 pounds, but have a lot more to lose and this looks like a great plan. I like the idea that I can eat fruit and a wider variety of veggies. Is it possible to do JUDDD low-carb style?

UD 2215
DD 554

What would a typical day look like? Do you eat all day long or just during certain times? Any other information that you think would be helpful with my decision making would be grately appreciated. Thanks

I've read through the threads and went to several links mentioned, but still have a lot of questions.
i am doing JUDDD paleo style. actually ketogenic paleo so that is very low carb. but i will tell you that i found out the hard way that the JUDDD calculator requires that you take a careful look at the exercise level you select. i selected light because i do exercise 3 times a week but that was too many cals for me. i had to stuff in that last 200 cals or so. and Dr. Johnson does say not to deliberately overeat. then i reworked the numbers for sedentary and got a more reasonable number. i base that on the fact that before JUDDD 1600 cals was my stabilization level. and JUDDD up days need to be about 200 more than that. then the down days about 20% of the up days. so when i use sedentary i get just under 1800 cals so that is about right. and i do 400 on the down days.

for breakfast i eat 50 or more g protein. on up days whatever i want. some veggies/fats. on down days that is 50 or more g protein as homemade buffalo jerky for about 240 cals. then later in the day maybe 2 - 3 oz of chicken and some veggies. very easy.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:44 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:

UD 2215
DD 554

i forgot to mention that you can eat what and as you like but many people figure out that making DD 36 hrs and UD 12 hrs works best.

as to the cals i think that UD number is only correct if right now it takes you about 2000 just to stay stable. does it?
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Calories

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasina838 View Post
i forgot to mention that you can eat what and as you like but many people figure out that making DD 36 hrs and UD 12 hrs works best.

as to the cals i think that UD number is only correct if right now it takes you about 2000 just to stay stable. does it?

Not sure how many calories I ate before I stated LC, but I was eating a lot and had maintained my weight for 3 years. Give or take 10 pounds here and there. I started LC 2 weeks ago and average around 1473 calories per day and have lost 11 pounds. No exercise.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Eat High Carb, Medium Carb, Low Carb, Paleo, Vegetarian, Vegan, or what you will, the choice is entirely yours.

JUDDD works whichever way you choose to eat. If you have been very low carb you will see an initial gain as the body adjusts. As you have read, this will be water, not fat.

I respect all eating plans, we each have different needs and metabolisms. JUDDD does not judge.

Jump in and make it yours!!!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #13
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasina838 View Post

I have never looked to see how many hours my DDs are or my UDs are. I just stop eating a little before bed on both days and just start with the UD or DD when I wake up. I really don't think a lot of us think about the hours we do DDs and UDs, we just do them. And even with me never knowing how many hours each day was I lost wonderfully.

JUDDD is so simple there is not need to over think or count the hours, in my opinion. Just eat your DD and UD calories, as suggested, and enjoy this wonderful JUDDD WOE.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #14

Quote:
Not sure how many calories I ate before I stated LC, but I was eating a lot and had maintained my weight for 3 years. Give or take 10 pounds here and there. I started LC 2 weeks ago and average around 1473 calories per day and have lost 11 pounds. No exercise.
I have a question for you here. If LC is working so well, which it seem to be doing, why do you want to change your plan now?

If it were me I would just keeping doing what was working. You have lost a nice bit of weight in the first 2 weeks doing LC. It seems to be working.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I have a question for you here. If LC is working so well, which it seem to be doing, why do you want to change your plan now?

If it were me I would just keeping doing what was working. You have lost a nice bit of weight in the first 2 weeks doing LC. It seems to be working.
I figured that I would give LC a 2 week trial and then a 2 week trial of LC JUDDD and see which one produces better results and then stick with that. Also, I like the idea of having the option of eating fruits, oatmeal and other starchy/carby foods that are healthy for you in moderation.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
to JUDDD, Melisa! We're here for you.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome!

I came to JUDDD from paleo, found my body doesn't do well with sugar or grain carbs (blood sugar issues, and troubles with cravings being triggered), and went back to straight paleo. I'm not lc though, more moderate. UD's tend to be around 80g and DD's around 30-40. They just happen to come from veggies, nuts/nut butters, and some fruit.

The great thing I see with JUDDD is how much everyone seems to learn about their body and how different foods affect them.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Quote:
I figured that I would give LC a 2 week trial and then a 2 week trial of LC JUDDD and see which one produces better results and then stick with that. Also, I like the idea of having the option of eating fruits, oatmeal and other starchy/carby foods that are healthy for you in moderation.
If you add those things in with JUDDD (fruit, starchy foods, oatmeal, etc.) then you likely will not see super great results in the first week or two. When you compare JUDDD to your 12 pound LC weight loss, LC will win. But if you add those things in and stick to JUDDD for longer, you will see the scale move down more and can probably ride all the way to goal with JUDDD. My point is just that you can't compare the results - it's not a fair comparison.

If you stick to LC and JUDDD, then the scale won't bounce up from the water retention/carb bloat. GL!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
If you add those things in with JUDDD (fruit, starchy foods, oatmeal, etc.) then you likely will not see super great results in the first week or two. When you compare JUDDD to your 12 pound LC weight loss, LC will win. But if you add those things in and stick to JUDDD for longer, you will see the scale move down more and can probably ride all the way to goal with JUDDD. My point is just that you can't compare the results - it's not a fair comparison.

If you stick to LC and JUDDD, then the scale won't bounce up from the water retention/carb bloat. GL!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post

My plan is continue eating low-carb (less than 30g per day) while doing JUDDD. Not adding anything in quite yet. Wanted to see what the difference in weight loss would be... Like I said I'm still low-carb, the only thing I am changing is the calories eaten on any given day. I think that is a fair comparison.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
I still don't think it's a fair comparison. The majority of the 11 pounds you lost already on straight LC are water weight pounds. Since you've already flushed that out, the majority of the weight you'll lose with your JUDDD trial is fat. There probably won't be another "woosh" like you already had. I'd compare how you feel on the programs instead of pounds lost.

I think most of us feel great on the rotation and see a similar loss with this plan as we did on other plans - 1-3 pounds per week.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote