Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AbbieTheOptimist
Stats: My goal is 140-145 pounds
WOE: JUDDD-started 3/12/12
Start Date: 1/15/2012
You've convinced me to give it a try!

After reading the thread Beeb started on the main low carb friends board, I jumped over here and started doing some reading...and I must admit that I was a bit apprehensive. I did a round of Hcg last summer and it was the most difficult thing mentally that I've ever done (and that includes quitting smoking). So I didn't relish the idea of returning to 500 calorie days again...

But the more I've read here about JUDDD, the more excited I'm getting! I'm currently doing low carb and I know I'm not losing because my calories are too high. So I'm hoping that by trying JUDDD while maintaining a relatively low carb intake, it will kick start my weight loss.

So I plotted my game plan for next week - starting with my first DD on Monday. If any of the JUDDD veterans have a moment, could you take a look at my menu plans? Abigail1980's Food Diary | ************.com

According to the calorie counter on Dr. Johnson's website, my DD calories are 503 and my UD calories are 1675. I calculated this with "light exercise" because I do JM 30 Day Shred workout 4x/week.

Any thoughts/guidance/or corrections are appreciated!

I'm actually really looking forward to Monday!
AbbieTheOptimist is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 205/188.4/135 5'5.5"
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Welcome to JUDDD!! I hope you really enjoy the plan...it's got to be the easiest and most relaxing way (if that makes sense) that I've ever lost weight.

I haven't checked out your menus yet. I just wanted to say that I hope you make tomorrow a good healthy UD so that you are fully well-fueled for your first DD on Monday.

I can't speak to your numbers because I don't really know anything about you. I wil say that most JUDDDers enter "no exercise" into the calorie calculators...one of the reasons being that we don't really want to eat back our burned calories when we are trying to lose weight. Ya know? Pat (SoHappy) explains this much better than I, but I'm just throwing that out there as something to think about.

Good luck and please post to let is know how your first day goes!!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:23 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
Abbie!

I like your menu plans. I encourage you to have a few low-cal snacks planned for the first few DDs. Just in case you need them. Some of us found we had to start a few hundred calories high and work our way down. Some of jumped right into low-cal DDs and never looked back.

I agree with Andrea. Quite of few us who exercise end up using the 'light to no' calculations. But, you are starting at a good place! I say go for it and adjust if you need to later.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:33 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieTheOptimist View Post
After reading the thread Beeb started on the main low carb friends board, I jumped over here and started doing some reading...and I must admit that I was a bit apprehensive. I did a round of Hcg last summer and it was the most difficult thing mentally that I've ever done (and that includes quitting smoking). So I didn't relish the idea of returning to 500 calorie days again...

But the more I've read here about JUDDD, the more excited I'm getting! I'm currently doing low carb and I know I'm not losing because my calories are too high. So I'm hoping that by trying JUDDD while maintaining a relatively low carb intake, it will kick start my weight loss.

So I plotted my game plan for next week - starting with my first DD on Monday. If any of the JUDDD veterans have a moment, could you take a look at my menu plans? Abigail1980's Food Diary | ************.com

According to the calorie counter on Dr. Johnson's website, my DD calories are 503 and my UD calories are 1675. I calculated this with "light exercise" because I do JM 30 Day Shred workout 4x/week.

Any thoughts/guidance/or corrections are appreciated!

I'm actually really looking forward to Monday!

Just wanted to welcome you Abbie to this Woe , i know you will do just great!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:03 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
and good luck!

I only looked at your first DD and your first UD and they both look really good to me. You've got the right idea by incorporating protein right off the bat. I think you're going to do great!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD

Another JUDDD Bud......

I wasn't able to see your menus, but evidently, you are incorporating protein into your menus, and that is wise.

You will succeed!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I looked at your menu plan and since it is all about calories, anything you want as long as the calories comes out right is acceptable. Looks like 500/1675 is your target??
Personally I used the shakes for the induction period so I did not have to worry about tracking calories but that was just me. Few people do that it seems although Dr. J recommends it in his book so in the beginning you do not have to obsess about what to eat. I made several day menus for UD and DD that I repeat over and over so I do not have to spend a lot of time formulating.
GOOD LUCK. I hope you love JUDDD as much as I do.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 215/215/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 03/10/2013
Welcome Abbie and good luck. I started JUDDD two weeks ago and so am LOVING it and the people here are the most positive and supportive I have ever found.

Good Luck
carla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
to JUDDD, Abbie!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/150/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Welcome, Abbie! Being a veteran of hCG, you'l be happily surprised at how easy the DDs can be. The BEST part, though, is you can always eat tomorrow. hCG was so hard because I'd be counting the days until the end of the round. This way, you know you're going to be eating some really pleasurable things tomorrow. Also, it's freeing to eat anything YOU choose, instead of the limited foods on the protocol. You're going to love it!
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #12
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
And I'm so glad my thread on the main lobby got you to come over to the "dark side"!!

I will suggest that you do JUDDD in the way it will fit you best, as I did. Whether you eat LC, moderate carb, or crazy carb it's all in how it will help you to stay on plan and keep you wanting to stay on plan.

Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AbbieTheOptimist
Stats: My goal is 140-145 pounds
WOE: JUDDD-started 3/12/12
Start Date: 1/15/2012
Hi to all of you and THANK YOU for all the sweetness and encouragement so far I've eaten well today and I'm ready for my DD tomorrow...I'm crossing my fingers and my toes that I love this WOE as much as you all do
AbbieTheOptimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome Abbie. Your menus look great to me. Well thought out, with good protein to keep you going on the dd's. Just really don't worry too much if you find you need a little snack (broth with an egg white stirred in can be really helpful for not many calories if you need it). Better to have 100 extra calories, and stick around to do it again, than to quit in frustration because you are just too hungry. You can work your way down if you need to.

Having hcg in your past, I'm guessing you'll do just fine, though. For me, in the early days, just knowing I COULD have the extra was enough, even though I rarely used them.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/205/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! May 2013
Hi Abbie, even though I am a newbie, I want to welcome you here also!! It was also Beeb's comment on a thread on the main board that led me to this site also, and even though it has been a few days, I know that I made the right decision, and I'm excited about my journey!! I have been reading lots of threads here, and on each and every one, I see such support and encouragement; questions are quickly answered, advice and info is so readily available here, I could go on and on!! Let's do this together!!

I've got brand new knees, a wonderful Blessing from the Lord!!!

InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mariacj
Stats: 210/173/143
WOE: JUDDD and Low Carb
Start Date: LC - Nov 2011, Judd - March 2012, LC + Judd Aug12
I too jumped over. I stalled for two months and BAM with Juddd I was down 4 pounds in a week! Dd are not necessarily hard, but I don't yet have a good enough appetite suppression... Yesterday was a naught naught dd, 670 calories... I aim for 500, but got on the scale and tahdah 4 pounds lighter.... I have also been able to raise my carb intake... On up days about 50 to 100 mind you these carbs come from veggies and whole grains... I try to keep sugar intak toe to less than 15 grams. On dd, I keep to 30 to 40 grams.

Greatest part... These ladies are amazing.
Mariacj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariacj View Post
I too jumped over. I stalled for two months and BAM with Juddd I was down 4 pounds in a week! Dd are not necessarily hard, but I don't yet have a good enough appetite suppression... Yesterday was a naught naught dd, 670 calories... I aim for 500, but got on the scale and tahdah 4 pounds lighter.... I have also been able to raise my carb intake... On up days about 50 to 100 mind you these carbs come from veggies and whole grains... I try to keep sugar intak toe to less than 15 grams. On dd, I keep to 30 to 40 grams.

Greatest part... These ladies are amazing.
Isn't it wonderful!

Most of us here have experienced those stalls and gains on other WOEs but JUDDD seems to have liberated most of us!!

So glad you jumped over!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phurst_gal
Stats: 222 / 182 / 155
WOE: HCG 2.0 (Injections)
Start Date: 6/26/2013
I've also decided to give JUDDD a try for 2 weeks.

I've had challenges with bulimia in the past, so I'm staying low-carb, at least for the short term.

Yesterday was my first DD, and I honestly found it so simple that I LOVED it! My calorie limits are DD=381, UD=1907. I had 2 Atkins shakes and I wasn't hungry most of the day. Best of all, I was't thinking about food all day.

I read The Alternate Day Diet Book. I have to admit, I'm still a skeptic, especially since Dr Johnson seems to buy in to the "modern nutritional" advice related to whole grains.
phurst_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by phurst_gal View Post
I've also decided to give JUDDD a try for 2 weeks.

I've had challenges with bulimia in the past, so I'm staying low-carb, at least for the short term.

Yesterday was my first DD, and I honestly found it so simple that I LOVED it! My calorie limits are DD=381, UD=1907. I had 2 Atkins shakes and I wasn't hungry most of the day. Best of all, I was't thinking about food all day.

I read The Alternate Day Diet Book. I have to admit, I'm still a skeptic, especially since Dr Johnson seems to buy in to the "modern nutritional" advice related to whole grains.
i think you will be pleasantly surprized at the end of 2 weeks,, i know i was!!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote