Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
I'm back where I was on 3/8 when I began...BUT I'm down 6 inches! Don't forget to measure when you start the plan. It can make all the difference in a bummed day and a Oh WOW! day. That 6 inches is showing in everything I wear so I can live with the bouncing weight.
Woot Woot!
Yay!! Congrats!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Really good post, Andrea. You sometimes have to be a patient person to be successful in the long run on JUDDD. Those who live and die by the number on a scale may sometimes find they are disappointed to not see much loss going on there, and yet.. as time goes on, they can recognize changes in their health, like a decreased sensitivity to carbs or a much better response to insulin, a better blood pressure reading, etc.

And INCHES lost! Like oropendola shared, SIX INCHES lost and not much difference on the scale, but.. that's just re-shuffling stuff around on the inside, and then the body will start in on some more weight loss.

I always figured there were some things in my body that weren't working all that well, else I wouldn't have become so obese, etc. So whether I lost a lot of weight quickly wasn't really as important overall as getting myself fixed on the inside. Once I was working better, weight loss would pick up. Well, I actually didn't have to wait for weight loss, as I experienced it right along, although not as fast as some do, but I knew that all of me would be better for following JUDDD in the long run.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
I know there are many newcomers to the JUDDD plan and I wanted to share something that I thought might be helpful. It's something that I think we all learn the longer we are JUDDDing, but at first it may not be something we can wrap our minds around and can make us crazy or overly-obsessive unnecessarily.

Your weight on the scale is NOT always directly correlated to the number of calories you ate the day before. This is likely why we sometimes see losses after our UDs and gains after even the best of DDs.

Just because you had a great loss after an UD of xxxx calories one time, does not make that your magic number. The loss on the scale could be due to something you ate or did 3 or 4 days prior. I would always look for a pattern of losses at xxxx number of calories before I decided that a certain number was really my magic number.

I would hate for someone new to get frustrated when they step on the scale after an awesome DD and see a bounce up and think, "what the heck am I doing wrong?" When the fact is, you're likely doing everything right.

It's not like strict LC where, if I had a cheat day I'd immediately see it on the scale the next day and have to make an immediate shift back to strict LC in order to get back on-plan to make it work. With JUDDD, you just keep working the plan day after day, and the magic starts to happen. Even when we have the occasional Up Up and Away Day...you may see that show up on the scale and you may not. That's the magic of JUDDD!

We just have to learn that over time the bounces will all head in the right direction and that we don't need to panic and make changes immediately after seeing a scale number that went in the "wrong" direction one day.

ETA: I posted part of this on another thread, but thought the idea might help more new JUDDD BUDDDs, so that's why I started a thread.

How did I miss this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^Every single post is so very true! A little over a year ago when I first discovered JUDDD, I read in every forum I could find about it. None of them were bad , but none were this wonderful and helpful. I already knew I lost slowly, so I wasn't impatient really, but the comment that really hooked me was simply "you are really only dieting every other day." So in the beginning when I lost maybe only 3lbs. in one month, I would just think......Hummmm.....I really lost that 3lbs. in just 2wks!!!! That kept me going for a while and.....THEN.....finding this forum......was like finding...a fabulous gold nugget....that has been invaluable to me! Everything from all the wonderful info about why this works, and why our bodies may do the things they do, to our Bud's own personal struggles ans successes! How great is that? to all the awesome JUDDD BUDS!

AND.....the warmest heartfelt to every newbie!!!

Phyl
Such a lovely sentiment Phyl. We all love having you here supporting us too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
I'm back where I was on 3/8 when I began...BUT I'm down 6 inches! Don't forget to measure when you start the plan. It can make all the difference in a bummed day and a Oh WOW! day. That 6 inches is showing in everything I wear so I can live with the bouncing weight.
Woot Woot!
I used to have that in my siggie, "Only I see the scales, the world sees my body."

Fantatstic job Oropendola!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Thank you, Thank you all! I'm forging ahead on my UD looking forward to my progress. I, too, am a slow loser and it's great to have such a supportive board.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chelsearose
Stats: 159/154/Whatever gets me in a 6-8
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 5, 2012
Back down--and a new low

After I ate enough food at a St Pat's party to fuel a bagpipe regiment I'm not only back down to my pre-3/17 weight, I've lost another 1/2 pound
A good DD yesterday at 450 calories--I was hungry at bedtime and thought I needed to eat something so I could sleep--it went like this:
"Sooo hungry;can't sleep.I think I'll get up and eat 100 cals of something. 550 cals will still be a good DD. SOOOO hungry Really, really can't sleep Maybe I'll have some.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz."
chelsearose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsearose View Post
After I ate enough food at a St Pat's party to fuel a bagpipe regiment I'm not only back down to my pre-3/17 weight, I've lost another 1/2 pound
A good DD yesterday at 450 calories--I was hungry at bedtime and thought I needed to eat something so I could sleep--it went like this:
"Sooo hungry;can't sleep.I think I'll get up and eat 100 cals of something. 550 cals will still be a good DD. SOOOO hungry Really, really can't sleep Maybe I'll have some.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz."
You really didn't count sheep? Too funny. I'm glad it worked.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote