Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
What KEEPS you motivated?

I love the thread about what motivates us to want to lose.

However, I was just wondering what motivates everyone to stay on track?

Please share any and all tips, tricks, secrets, encouragement, information...

One thing that keeps me motivated when I travel is to bring my scale with me and step on it every morning. If I've had a big night out and had too much to eat and drink and I step on the scale the next morning and want to faint, I cut way back that day.

In the past when I went on vacations without a scale, I tended to underestimate my celebratory calories!!
__________________
Yam-Yam

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 03-08-2012 at 10:52 AM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!
 
AsmallerME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,714
Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Mini goals keep me motivated. Right now I am just hitting 249 on low days so my next mini-goal is to consistently hit 249 or lower on all days, even at night, and then even fully dressed. Once I make that, I focus on seeing 239. And then it just continues. My longer term mini-goal is to have noticeable weight loss by a family vacation in 7 weeks. I'm already down 28 since they saw me last and hope to be down close to 40 by the trip.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Reading the daily weigh in thread and also the weight management thread on this JUDD forum also motivates me. In fact, all the JUDD posts make me want to keep going!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 15,171
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
My daughter keeps me motivated. She's really involved in helping me shop and exercise so the fact that I'm learning helps me to teach her. It's very motivating when your 7 year old tells you to pick the apples over the chips!

The SCALE keeps me motivated. I've never had losses this great or this consistent. EVER. When they slow down, I tweak a little and they speed back up.

UDs keep me motivated because I know I can have whatever I want.

DDs keep me motivated because they're stress free and give me a calm sense of control.

This forum keeps me motivated because you all are just so darn wonderful and supportive!

I could go on . . .
__________________
Dawn

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!
 
DD80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Desert Southwest
Posts: 1,292
Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Feeling better, being able to CONTROL my eating, and watching the scale move down!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I love these! This is just what I needed to get more motivated to stay on track today!

Amber: You really got me thinking more about the mini goal idea. I like the one where you want to weigh your lowest with clothes on! I'm going to adopt that one.

Another thing that motivated me was yesterday when I wore the cutest pair of bling jeans I have ever owned. I remember trying them on in the store a few months ago and they were sooooooooo tight. But I bought them anyway. Yesterday they just slipped on. I was walking past some shops and looked at my reflection in every window! Couldn't believe that flat belly was mine.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Great thread!

There are many things that keep me motivated. One of them is getting up every day in maintenance and knowing I am not 35# or so heavier like I was last year. That I can wear small T-shirts and clothes I couldn't begin to get into last year.

And being in maintenance, I shake things up a lot with different routines, so each day is a little different and prevents any "diet fatigue" that has always been a problem for me before. I feast like a queen much much more than I ever thought possible and yet still lose even in maintenance!

Also very motivating is knowing that I may be making myself healthier not just because of losing fat, but through the very way of life (as someone put it on another thread) through which I lost the fat and am maintaining. I could probably quit JUDDDg and MUDDDg and everything else and just eat reasonably well most of the time and be OK, at least for a while. But I don't want to quit this wol ever! It's too much of a treasure to be able to do something that costs nothing and yet is able to benefit every cell in my body, resulting in hopefully better health, less chances of disease and slower aging. Believe me, they are trying as we speak to bottle this stuff up and make a fortune off it, but we have this remarkable tool within ourselves already for free!

__________________
Started JUDDD 10/12/11 after LC.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,744
Gallery: adillenal
I bought the book and I have read it from cover to cover, even the recipes.
I reread a few pages every night to keep my mind straight about what I am supposed to be doing, turn the light out and go to sleep. Reading the diet plan over and over helps me stay motivated.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
boop13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 306
Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
I find the small shifts on the scale very motivating, and after only being back for 2 weeks, feeling like I am in control again, and being able to make wise choices! Also reading the success stories keep me motivated... Knowing if so many others can do it... So can I!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I bought the book and I have read it from cover to cover, even the recipes.
I reread a few pages every night to keep my mind straight about what I am supposed to be doing, turn the light out and go to sleep. Reading the diet plan over and over helps me stay motivated.
Same thing here! Every time I go back and read, I learn something new that I missed before.

I also like Dukan's book a lot and go back and re-read parts of it. It reminds me to make healthier choices, even on UDs.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!
 
vilanteira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,076
Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
What motivates me to stay on track and keep on going is that I'm giving my digestive system a rest-and-recover day essentially every other day. I have a somewhat sluggish digestive system probably due to years of dieting and seriously bad food choices and food sensitivities and metabolic/hormonal issues, etc. I've found that my digestion works amazing well and smooth after doing JUDDD even more so than just on LC, and I really think it's because instead of eating a lot (or even normal amounts) on a steady basis daily where things just get backed up and adds more burden on my digestive system, I actually fast for most of the day until dinner, every other day on my DDs. Even if I end up eating before dinner on a DD, the amount is still so little compared to UDs that it has the same effect.

I'm rarely bloated anymore (except TOM-related, food sensitivity-related or overindulging in the wrong carbs, etc), bathroom visits are a breeze and normal, and my gastrointestinal issues are pretty much a thing of the past. That really keeps me going as someone who has suffered some form or another of gastrointestinal distress since childhood. When the scale slows down or if I'm not having a good day or week, this is what keeps me going, along with that strange euphoric mood I get on a number of DDs and reading the JUDDD section of LCF. I cannot tell you how much everyone here motivates me, and how helpful you all are.
__________________
* wheat/gluten-free
* whole foods and low carb
* goal reached on 7/2/2012
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
What motivates me to stay on track and keep on going is that I'm giving my digestive system a rest-and-recover day essentially every other day. I have a somewhat sluggish digestive system probably due to years of dieting and seriously bad food choices and food sensitivities and metabolic/hormonal issues, etc. I've found that my digestion works amazing well and smooth after doing JUDDD even more so than just on LC, and I really think it's because instead of eating a lot (or even normal amounts) on a steady basis daily where things just get backed up and adds more burden on my digestive system, I actually fast for most of the day until dinner, every other day on my DDs. Even if I end up eating before dinner on a DD, the amount is still so little compared to UDs that it has the same effect.

I'm rarely bloated anymore (except TOM-related, food sensitivity-related or overindulging in the wrong carbs, etc), bathroom visits are a breeze and normal, and my gastrointestinal issues are pretty much a thing of the past. That really keeps me going as someone who has suffered some form or another of gastrointestinal distress since childhood. When the scale slows down or if I'm not having a good day or week, this is what keeps me going, along with that strange euphoric mood I get on a number of DDs and reading the JUDDD section of LCF. I cannot tell you how much everyone here motivates me, and how helpful you all are.
Wow! That is a GREAT benefit. Come to think of it, I have really felt the de-bloating and "clean" intestine benefit as well since I started this. Many good side effects besides WL.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Another thing that keeps me committed to JUDDing is the calm relaxed feeling I get, especially on DDs. Used to be I would feel stressed about everything I had to do or was putting off. Or, I would feel guilt and anxiety about not going and working out at the gym for 2 hours. Now on DDs, I get things done, but I'm not in a frenzy. I have this peaceful feeling like all is right in my world. This is a nice way to live.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!
 
vilanteira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,076
Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Another thing that keeps me committed to JUDDing is the calm relaxed feeling I get, especially on DDs. Used to be I would feel stressed about everything I had to do or was putting off. Or, I would feel guilt and anxiety about not going and working out at the gym for 2 hours. Now on DDs, I get things done, but I'm not in a frenzy. I have this peaceful feeling like all is right in my world. This is a nice way to live.
Oh yes, I'm feeling that right now as I write this! Very nice.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Luna Loca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Austin
Posts: 11,231
Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
What motivates me is the same as many others here...

Reading how others have reached/are reaching their goals is motivating.

Mini-goals are motivating. Getting to see the next lower decade...then, always being in that lower decade, even at night before bed on an up day...then the next lower decade...

Always having a pair of jeans that are the next size down. Every so often, trying them on and seeing if they fit. If they do, I start wearing them and start looking at the thrift stores for the next smaller size.

Going for my walks and watching the men in passing cars watch me...shallow, maybe, but does good things for my ego and keeps me exercising and eating right--I want to be hot this summer!
__________________
"before" from the bad old days.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!
 
gotitnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,040
Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Another wonderful thread!! Reading in this forum has become a daily ritual for me it is soooo motivating. I love that at the end of a good down day my body feels good, as many express here , but I am always so proud of myself each time, so it's like a constant source of "atta-girls" that really boost me along and I go to bed with a smile on my face!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
I find the small shifts on the scale very motivating, and after only being back for 2 weeks, feeling like I am in control again, and being able to make wise choices! Also reading the success stories keep me motivated... Knowing if so many others can do it... So can I!
Feel the same way about the small shifts on the scale. On past WL plans I would try so hard and deny myself soooooo much. Then when the scale would go down only .2, I would be so mad!

Now every ounce is wonderful because it keeps happening over and over. DH laughed at me a lot when he would say I look great and have a flat belly. Then he asks how much I've lost now. I say 34.2 and he used to laugh. Now he is eating what I'm eating and this morning I told him his belly is noticeable smaller and ask how much he lost. 16.8 he told me. I burst out laughing. Point 8?? See how good it feels??
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!
 
DD80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Desert Southwest
Posts: 1,292
Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Feel the same way about the small shifts on the scale. On past WL plans I would try so hard and deny myself soooooo much. Then when the scale would go down only .2, I would be so mad!

Now every ounce is wonderful because it keeps happening over and over. DH laughed at me a lot when he would say I look great and have a flat belly. Then he asks how much I've lost now. I say 34.2 and he used to laugh. Now he is eating what I'm eating and this morning I told him his belly is noticeable smaller and ask how much he lost. 16.8 he told me. I burst out laughing. Point 8?? See how good it feels??
The .2's matter! Especially when you are 170.4 this morning and you want to be 169.9. Amazing how .5 lbs can mean so much to you when it means going down to the 160's.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!
 
Demonica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Eastern Indiana
Posts: 1,463
Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
What keeps me motivated is my vision of going to a 15 year class reunion at the end of this month, with former classmates that used to torment me about my weight, as a hot mama

Seeing people that I used to work with at my last job and hearing "You are SO SKINNY!!" They watched me shrink from my starting weight to where I was a year ago so I don't want to disappoint them!

Putting on the next smaller size jeans and having them FIT!! Makes me look even more forward to going down another size.

Buying the first 2 piece swim suit that I have dared to own in over 12 years. That keeps me motivated to stick with it so I'll look even better when summer gets here.
__________________
As of 5/19/2014, No longer "overweight"!
~~~
Can now see my xylophone
~~~
Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog
~~~
Your great granny's granny had a term for healthy food...she called it food
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #20
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,056
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
3 things:

1. The number on the scale. I weigh everyday so I can keep myself in check and reign myself in if that number is getting above the normal JUDDD bounce.

2. All the clothes I can now wear in my closet and I can now try on and have clothes look so good on me in the stores.

3. How I feel doing JUDDD, especially the energy I have on my DDs! I'm sleeping like a baby now, more rested than I have ever been in my life!!! Never had this kind of great sleep/restfulness on any other WOE!!
__________________

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 03-08-2012 at 09:35 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
~PaperMoon~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,645
Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
What keeps me motivated is remembering how it felt before and how I feel now, not wanting to have to lose this much weight all over again and beginning to feel like I felt when I was in my 20's. I feel like my old self again, the younger me. I never want to go back to how I was before and I never will. I garuntee it! Plus just plain old knowlege keeps me motivated, knowing what I know now, is like staying motivated to not go into a pack of wolves or something. I know too much information now, just knowing how bad some food is for you and how it affects every aspect of your life not just your health. I had a complete paradigm shift in how I view food, eating and staying active.
__________________



~The woman came from a man's rib. Not from his feet to be walked on. Not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under his arm to be protected, and next to his heart to be loved. ~
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:50 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,864
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
1. This forum

2. Being at peace with the scales. Seeing upward bounces as learning experiences (yup, too much salt in that Mexican), and knowing the next bounce will be down.

3. Knowing I am learning things about my body and metabolism that will make a difference in the rest of my life.

4. (This just happened). Having a gent look me over and do a double-take when he got to the grey hair .
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:39 AM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,744
Gallery: adillenal
I realized this morning that I have another motivator and it is the scale. I love being able to write down a lower weight on my calendar every morning. Today was 166.0 and I immediately started thinking about my UD menu and it motivates me to stick to it and not get into the up, up and away mode.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:59 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,193
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
I've been thinking about this. One big one for me is the fear of going back to my old mindset of not caring. Not caring how I look, feel, just not caring about myself. I had thought that if I did anything that was 'about me', I was selfish. I learned that from my Mom which makes it uncomfortable to talk about my weightloss with her now.
Now I have 2 daughters and I don't want to pass that on to them. I want to show them that it's wonderful to love and take care of yourself and it doesn't take away from those around you. And I never want them to be embarressed by me. That was a big one when my daughter started school. I didn't want to be so embarressed about how I look that it stopped me from being involved.
It motivates me when my girls say 'you look pretty'. I'm sure I looked pretty sometimes when I was heavier but I sure didn't feel it!
JUDDD BUDDs keep me motivated! This is my group therapy!
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I love this thread!!!

Wow! Wow! I'm staying motivated just from reading all your posts.

I loved getting on the scale this morning. It stayed exactly the same as yesterday. That never used to happen at all. On JUDD I see my body's pattern. I drop to a new low, go up a bit (on average, I mean - we do bounce) and then stay there for about 15 days or so before dropping below the new low I hit before. Interesting stuff. It motivates me to look at my daily weight chart and analyze the patterns. And there are patterns.

Another thing that really motivates me is reading books that detail the benefits of this WOE, IF. So, I just went to amazon.com and read a bunch of reviews on The Fast-5 diet, ordered that. Several reviewers recommended The Warrior Diet. I had never heard of that one, so ordered it too. Now I can hardly wait 'til they get here. I don't have a Kindle or Nook and I really like real books, so I always go for the 5-8 day free shipping.

I absolutely cannot believe that I never heard of JUDD or Dr. J or IF or all of you before December!!!!! What did I ever do without all of you??? I feel like I have known you forever and I want to be a part of this group forever.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #26
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 19,047
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
I've been thinking about this. One big one for me is the fear of going back to my old mindset of not caring. Not caring how I look, feel, just not caring about myself. I had thought that if I did anything that was 'about me', I was selfish. I learned that from my Mom which makes it uncomfortable to talk about my weightloss with her now.
Now I have 2 daughters and I don't want to pass that on to them. I want to show them that it's wonderful to love and take care of yourself and it doesn't take away from those around you. And I never want them to be embarressed by me. That was a big one when my daughter started school. I didn't want to be so embarressed about how I look that it stopped me from being involved.
It motivates me when my girls say 'you look pretty'. I'm sure I looked pretty sometimes when I was heavier but I sure didn't feel it!
JUDDD BUDDs keep me motivated! This is my group therapy!
Really, really :good post: Thank you for reminding us that this about self respect, not simply vanity.

Yes, this is my therapy too, thank you all.

Also it motivates me to have had to give away 4 pairs of pants to a younger woman this week. And the ones I have on today will have to go too.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Really, really :good post: Thank you for reminding us that this about self respect, not simply vanity.

Yes, this is my therapy too, thank you all.

Also it motivates me to have had to give away 4 pairs of pants to a younger woman this week. And the ones I have on today will have to go too.

Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member
 
Gweebles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Harlingen, TX
Posts: 982
Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12
The scales going DOWN makes me motivated. I just couldn't get past the 340 mark no matter what I did. I chugged water, upped calories, downed calories, upped fat, downed fat, and a big fat NOTHING.

This gives me control too. I do fight an ED (binge then laxatives) which LC helped control but still kicked in sometimes. On JUDDD, I have control over the calories and this helps me not go out and do something that dumb and destructive to my body.

Convenience. Three workdays with shakes and yogurt or something and then 2 days with pre-measured food. Easy-peasy! My days off are easy too because I have my Smoothie maker to make good LC shakes and I have my scales to make my UD easy. I can't believe I hadn't tried this before.
__________________
Post Christmas, giving my life to God and letting Him heal me inside and out.
Gweebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Gweebles: You are doing so great! Been reading your posts on other threads today and I'm just thrilled you finally broke through the plateau!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member
 
Gweebles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Harlingen, TX
Posts: 982
Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Gweebles: You are doing so great! Been reading your posts on other threads today and I'm just thrilled you finally broke through the plateau!
Thank you, I'm so excited to finally get things working for me after so long of struggling just to lose a few pounds. Tonight is a DD and I'm not even hungry. So weird!!
Gweebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:46 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.