Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janj
Stats: 150/139/133 (5' 6.5")52 years old
WOE: LC
Start Date: May 2003
Do you tell people in your life that you are doing JUDDD?

Just wondering if you all explain this WOE to everyone around you? I haven't been juddding for very long, but it's occurred to me that I haven't mentioned it to anyone. It's easy enough to follow quietly while I'm in maintenance, and even DH hasn't noticed (but then he was never very observant!). Another reason to love JUDDD - I felt I was always having to explain myself when I was LCing.....
janj is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2012, 06:55 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I'm open about it. I have a full kitchen at work, so the "guys" often wonder what I'm cooking and come to check it out. They're amazed at all I get to eat for 100-200 calories. We're all pretty close though. I don't know that I'd be so willing to share if I was in a big office, or didn't feel as secure with my coworkers as I do.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
My Dh knows what I am doing as well as most of my office staff. It really isn't that noticeable since I eat normal every other day, people do not seem to pick up on the DD.
If I need to explain, I just say I am calorie cycyling. If someone brings goodies I just wrap it up and eat it the next UD.
I agree that it is easier than LC'ing since I could NEVER have those goodies.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:00 AM   #4
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
My family knows. Other than that, everyone is on a diet lol. So it's not really weird to just order a salad with low-fat or fat free dressing when you're out.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
My family knows (the calendar is marked with little red down arrows) so my husband knows which nights he needs to cook small meals.

I pretty much keep it quiet otherwise, though if asked I say something about calorie cycling, and cutting back sugars and starches. If they want more than that, I'll go into detail, but usually that suffices.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ironicwoman
Stats: 205/185/160
WOE: JUDDD ~ It's working! It's working!
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 2/02/12 ReStarted JUDDD: 3/25/14
My husbands knows, he's actually been very supportive. He usually asks me if this is an "up day" or a "down day", when we're starting to think about getting supper going in the evenings. He's always happy for the up days cause he knows he's gonna get something yummy for supper. lol He likes the results I'm getting.

I have a coworker that knows and I'm trying to gently guide her to JUDDD. She has noticed I'm losing weight so I hope I will be her inspiration to get started.
ironicwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
My husband knows because we go out to eat a lot on weekends. Plus, he's supportive in my efforts.

My MIL and my mom both know too. My mom tried it for awhile and was liking it, but then got away from it and hasn't gone back.
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #8
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I have told all my close family/friends and will explain our JUDDD WOE to anyone who asks how I lost my 31.4 pounds, otherwise I just keep quiet.

And when I'm offered something at someone's house on a DD I tell them that "today is a calorie restricted day, but I would LOVE to bring some _____ home for tomorrow, if I can". For some reason when I say it like this, no one has asked. I just think they want me to eat something and when I say yes, but I'll eat it tomorrow they are just fine with that! I really think if when we tell others we "can't eat" this or that is when the questions start.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
My DH is loosely following the rotation with me and is maintaining his lost weight well, too. My parents are excited for me, but it bugs my mom when I'm on a down day at her house. She just doesn't know what to fix for me to eat, although I keep telling her I'll bring something I can eat, and I don't mind one bit. It's just a pretty foreign concept to her. I've shared info with my two brothers, one who is a severe asthmatic, and the other who is quite overweight. Neither one is terribly interested, but I keep hoping they'll get to a point where they want to give it a try. My DDs know, and the one who is overweight has tried to do DDs a few times, but doesn't make it, so thinks she can't do it. I'll keep working on her, too.
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
I work at a restaurant- so when I started bringing food to work more often- people noticed! But I also got one of my employees doing it as well. And even though I still do low carb it is weird because they don't notice that anymore. But no one has been down on me for it. One of the kitchen guys likes to hassle me on down days.
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
My husband knows as do my co-workers. My co-workers all started dieting with me on Jan 3rd and about 1/2 of them started LC with me. When I was stalled on atkins, I told them that I was going to try JUDDD and I explained it to them. They weren't interested in modifying their LC plans; they were happy with their rate of loss. After my first week of JUDDD and breaking my stall (and losing 8 pounds), one of them has started a calorie cycle plan on his own (not JUDDD). Everyone supports me.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HellInYourEyes
Stats: 165.6/165.6/100
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: 10/28/2013
Thank you for this post! I have decided to give this a shot and found it a bit hard/odd to describe to my husband!
HellInYourEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
DH knows. And even pretends he is cycling with me.

I just spent a few minutes trying to imagine explaining calorie cycling to my mother (who is knee deep in dementia). Hooooeeee, THAT is so not going to happen.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spank'd
Stats: 223/217/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restarted 1/11/14
Everyone I socialize with knows, and they accommodate me as much as possible.

Hubby is supportive, but feels "bad" when he can have a meal and I can't. He is very happy that I'm losing weight, for the simple reason that I'M happier, so he supports this.

Friends ask me when they're organizing get-togethers whether the schedule falls on an "eating" day.

Even my sister when I visited her back in December, prepared a spaghetti squash one night with sauce and some grilled salmon two days later so I could have similar-looking dinners as they did.

Nobody tries to get me to eat any more, because I just say "I can have that tomorrow, I will be happy to take it home if you like".

It keeps the peace, yanno?
Spank'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
I also have a co-worker who knows. Almost forgot about her. lol! She's overweight and asked what I was doing, so I told her. She decided she couldn't "do" DD's because she likes to eat too much.
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Lately a LOT of people have been saying things about how noticeable my weight loss is and that I look great. Then they ask what I'm doing. I usually say "I read this great book called The Alternate Day Diet" and it's about the health benefits of varying your calorie intake every other day. So, I eat more one day and less the next. You should read it!

My DH is really excited about everything I read and do. He loves it when I tell him about my on line JUDD BUDDs!

When I read Dr. Dukan's book last year, I got excited about that and he listened carefully to my explanation of Vital food (protein) Essential food (non-starchy veggies) Important food (starchy veggies and whole grains) and non-essential "fun" food (everything else).

He has been amazed and excited about my WL.

About 3 weeks ago he asked me to help him lose weight too and give him something simple he could understand and follow when he goes out to his many business luncheons and events. I gave him my copy of the GI Diet book because the foods are listed in color! How simple is that? Foods are either "red light, green light or yellow light" and are in columns of those colors.

He has lost 17 pounds in 3 weeks! And, he took 1.5 inches off his waist so far!

I explained JUDD to him as simply as I could and told him I am calorie cycling which means on some days I will have a "calorie restricted" day. He totally gets it! We were at the hotel this week and they offered a big complimentary full breakfast buffet. He asked if I was going to join him for some yummy eggs and I told him I just made my coffee and had brought a little cooler with my Greek yogurt. I told him "this is one of those lower calorie days I told you about, so I'm not going to eat if I'm not hungry." He was cool with that.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, and if I have to go to an event or eat a meal with someone I KNOW will be judge mental about this WOE, I just "fake" it! In other words, I'll order something or put something on my plate that looks voluminous but has very few calories. Like a grilled white fish and huge green salad without dressing. Then I talk a lot, play with my food alot, and eat just the amount I need/want to eat. No one ever notices.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
DH is the only one I told about JUDD. I'm the one that started on January 1 and today (March 8) DH asked if I wanted a cookie and when I said no he asked "is this one of your diet days?" MEN!! It only took him 68 days to get it! LOL

Last edited by leonak; 03-08-2012 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: correction
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
DH is the only one I told about JUDD. I'm the one that started on January 1 and today (March 8) DH asked if I wanted a cookie and when I said no he asked "is this one of your diet days?" MEN!! It only took him 68 days to get it! LOL
That is why I didn't bother explaining much to DH.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
Here my DF (dear fiancé) knows about it, he's really supportive and checks my DD/UD schedule before asking if we can eat out...
but besides him I only told 1 or 2 close friends with whom I have lunch or tea quite often and they're fine with it, making jokes about the "eating days" ... I'm not sure they approve but they don't show any disagreement either.

But well I must say, as I am not "big" per say people usually don't understand why I want to lose weight... So when I try to explain JUDDDing they usually say it's too extreme, that someone like me should just eat "lighter"..... as if I never tried that before
Old 03-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
Some, yeah - my husband knows, a few of my friends, too. But all in all, I try not to make a big deal over whatever I am doing from a "dietary" perspective to the general public as I just don't want to debate it right, wrong or indifferent.

I tell my kids that mom sometimes makes herself a special meal seperate from what the rest of the family is eating, so I can get healthier and lose a little weight - it doesn't seem to resonate with them at all - as long as we are eating together, they really don't care. (Although I did make a mighty fine tuna noodle casserole for them last night with lots of cheese and it was a DD for me, so that kinda sucked - but I had a lovely meal of shiratake noodles, WW White cheddar cheese triangles and 2 Louis Kemp Crab sticks, which kind of mirrored what they were having).

If you want something badly enough, you'll find a way. If you don't you'll find an excuse.

Team in Trainining alumni - San Diego marathon 2005. Half marathon in San Francisco 2007! Working hard to wipe out blood cancers.
2BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #22

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Well, DH is JUDDDing with me (and losing great!).

I have told several people. I don't go around looking for opportunities to talk about it, but when people ask me either why I'm losing so much weight, or why I'm not eating at the social event du jour, I do tell them, in a nutshell.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Some know, some don't. DH likes it more than any other diet I've done!!

Some people react though - one of the people I told yesterday - said 'no way, too little' - just eat 2000cals a day (pardon what!!!!!) He's a tall string bean!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12
My parents know so my mom doesn't try to cook for me on DD. Daughter knows so she can figure out what days she can talk me into pizzas lol.

At work, we are always on one weird diet or another so nobody asks anymore. We have 4 on the Cabbage Soup Diet, 2 on Medifast, and several on SlimFast, so my DD doesn't surprise them all.
Gweebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: laceylady
Stats: 16w(190)/size 14(175)/size 12
Start Date: Jan 2012/restart May 2013
DH and I are both doing JUDDD -- he cheats a bit more than I do but is learning about portion control. He comes really close to staying on-mark, until he has to have a glass or 2 of wine with dinner. Then his numbers are a bit off. Anyway, the people he works with know we're both JUDDDing but I haven't told anyone where I work. They're the ones that knew I was LCing and told me how that wasn't a healthy way of eating... that I should just start writing down everything I eat... that I should eat a minimum of 2000 calories a day because I'm not eating enough... etc., etc., etc. "Sabotage" is what I call it. So I haven't told any of them. One of the bosses brought cookies a couple weeks ago which was on a DD, so I took one and saved it for the next day. No one noticed. Saying "no" to the cookies has always been difficult, so now it's nice to participate and not feel guilty!!! We've been doing this since the beginning of January, and both of us have slowly lost about 20 pounds each, and still eating pizza, pasta, cookies... the very staples of life!!!! Gotta love it!!
laceylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #26
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
Some know, some don't. DH likes it more than any other diet I've done!!!
Same here!! DF tells everyone how much he the way I eat now and little does the man know but when we move in together this summer HE will be JUDDDing, too!! (evil laugh)!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
If DH wasn't a Type II diabetic - I might try it - he's not 'over'weight - but could afford to lose a few lbs!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Same here!! DF tells everyone how much he the way I eat now and little does the man know but when we move in together this summer HE will be JUDDDing, too!! (evil laugh)!!
So funny! My DH does not know it, but he is JUDDING! He is bragging to everyone that he has lost 17 pounds and says he is just "pushing away from the table", making healthier choices, and his wife is a GREAT cook!! lol!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:15 AM   #29

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Love the 'secret' DH Juddders.

I brag about JUDDD to everyone, I just wish I could help so many struggling people to do it. I am a real proselytiser.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:29 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tnanock
Stats: 212.2/212.2/170
Start Date: Restart 9/20/12
My family knows. My middle son asks me quite often...is this an Up day or a down day? My sisters....in fact, one of them is joining me on this WOE. My bestest friend (coworker) also. I have shared with one friend at church but not sure if she has given it a try yet.
tnanock is offline   Reply With Quote