Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
My husband and children know and are supportive. My husband's text to my oldest, engaged daughter on Valentine's Day:
"Kaylie, are you and Kevin going out to dinner tonight? If so, may I join you, because it's a Down Day for your mother."
If other people ask, I just say I'm calorie cycling--they seem to understand it better and ask less questions.
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsam1156 View Post
My husband and children know and are supportive. My husband's text to my oldest, engaged daughter on Valentine's Day:
"Kaylie, are you and Kevin going out to dinner tonight? If so, may I join you, because it's a Down Day for your mother."
If other people ask, I just say I'm calorie cycling--they seem to understand it better and ask less questions.
Poor DH.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well i had told actually several folks in the first like 3 days on this Woe.. but one of them WAS NOT MY HUBBY.. i got my sister involved in trying it, the second person said she wanted to try it.. but never started lol..(her Loss) and the Third one was an atkins baby.. (not knocking it) atkins worked so well for her and she is a true sucess story whos maintained that weight for over two years now.. her reaction to me was not what i expected.. (rolled her eyes, and then told me how unhealthy it was) ..lol... well.. my hubby is doing his own thing (which i started him on) with sucess.. and i just told him im counting my calories as well as my lowering my carbs like him.. the first time i told him dont make me any dinner,, im not eating tonght.. he about scolded me!!! YOU HAVE TO EAT!! lmao.. well he knows now to leave me be, when every other day i tell him.. well i lost another pound!! So for now.. i dont plan to tell any one else whew!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
I'm a newbie, starting tomorrow, and I told hubby, and he said the program sounds great (he never really said that when I was doing LC). However, I mentioned it to a coworker, and as soon as I mentioned the DD of 500 calories, she immediately started shaking her head no, good grief! So I let her talk about her WOE, and know that I will do what I want to do - can't wait for her to see my weight loss; funnee, I don't see any loss on her body -
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I found it fun to come up with things to eat that fall into the 500 calorie range. I kind of have a menu that I eat every DD now so I do not have to think about it. Makes for an easy day.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:04 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Valerie!!

How wonderful that your DH is supportive!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheLight View Post
I'm a newbie, starting tomorrow, and I told hubby, and he said the program sounds great (he never really said that when I was doing LC). However, I mentioned it to a coworker, and as soon as I mentioned the DD of 500 calories, she immediately started shaking her head no, good grief! So I let her talk about her WOE, and know that I will do what I want to do - can't wait for her to see my weight loss; funnee, I don't see any loss on her body -
I find that if I emphasize the "calorie cycling" aspect, and that my overall weekly calorie average is 1300/day, then once they get that framework, discussing 500 calories in a day is more palatable for them.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Ah, okay, that makes sense, I'll have to remember to describe the calorie cycling part stronger, because from her reaction, she only zoned in on the words 500 calories - I'm sure that as my weight goes down, she will be back asking more questions, and I want to be ready, since she really needs to lose the weight, and it would be great if she tried this way. By the way, my first day was really good and very easy, and I'm going to Curves to work out in the morning before church, and that will be my official start weight - I am so grateful that I have a husband who understands and is supportive; a lot of my friends don't get that from their husbands, and that makes it so difficult for them ...

I've got brand new knees, a wonderful Blessing from the Lord!!!

Last edited by InTheLight; 03-10-2012 at 08:08 PM..
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:03 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hatewashingup
Stats: 135/114/108
WOE: Juddd/Vegetable lover!
Start Date: January 2012
I've only just started juddd so not too sure yet, but when i was doing a very low carb diet, i would tell people if they asked, that i was watching my carbs very carefully, i just wouldnt tell them that i would eat coconut oil off a spoon to keep myself in ketosis

I don't really talk about what I eat to people unless they ask, except girls at work who are dieting as well. My boyfriend who I live with never asks about what I'm eating, he just gets bored if I bang on about dieting, but if he ever asked me about my diet of course I would explain it to him! I have told him things like 'right, if you see me eating carbs/eating after dinner/drinking beer, call me a fatty!' just to help keep myself on track, lol.

The only people I would not tell that I was eating under 500cals every other day is my parents, I think they would worry too much as I was a very restrictive eater in my teens and it made me very ill - I don't think they would believe me about the up days! I'll just try and always schedule seeing them on up days...
Hatewashingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
only hubby knows, and he is mostly trying to do it with me
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote