Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
I know you said to post reasons other than health, but that is right at the top of my list. I will be 70 this year, and want to live to be as healthy, physically, as my mom is at 95!

Also, vanity does play a part in this. I want to go sliding into my "older" years looking as good as I can. To be told I don't look my age is a real motivation to me! And, I love the fact that just maybe, I can control the aging process by how I eat.

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
Easy: vanity first. My goal is not to look good in a bikini, I could care less, but I do want to look fantastic in a fitted skirt and blouse at work, elegant in a gorgeous dress for a night out, and youthful in a well-fitted pair of jeans and t shirt.

Health, though, absolutely! The older I get, the bigger deal that is. I have some beautiful grandkids that I want to watch grow up.
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
I did this once before (using hcg) to get to my goal and I did I did it by my 40th birthday and I was a smokin' hot mama in my bikini. Now I have gained some weight back and want to be a smokin' hot 42 year old mama in a bikini. I have 4 months and I know I can get there I am excited to get back into my bikini and of course all my clothing in my closet I have grown out of. I am down to 2 pairs of jeans and my stretchy workout clothes July cannot get here soon enough. Well, I hope to be done much sooner than that

I was going to say that I am totally NOT doing this for my health as I have no health conditions that I am worried about. However, right now after binging on a ton of chocolate and lots of sugary junk food in the past week or 2, my hands, fingers and feet are swollen, my belly is bloated and I can hardly reach down to tie my shoes and my knees are very achy to the point of walking is hard to do. So I am guessing that health is a reason to do this. I cannot tolerate sugar at all and I am realizing it right now I am very sad, but now know that I cannot have that stuff at all. Now, if I can only remember this feeling BEFORE I start eating all that bad stuff
Old 03-10-2012, 05:16 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Oh Dawn, I am so sorry!

You bring up a good point. I am very motivated by self-learning. Having access to any food I want within a the caloric framework provides a lot of that. I am finally down enough that I can tell when I am bloated. By looking at patterns, I am compiling a list of foods that do not belong in my personal, healthy WOE. Knowing, more and more, that I am in control of how I feel is very motivating! (Everybody cross your fingers that DH's addiction - Mexican - does not make that list!)
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:40 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I have kind of figured out the foods that cause me to bloat even at my age. BUT the longer I do the UD and DD rotation, the less those foods seem to cause me to puff up. yes, I keep experimenting with what I can and should not eat. I do have a short list of foods that I tested allergic to from 24 years ago. Back in those days you could give yourself weekly allergy shots which I did for over 2 years so I did become desensitized to most of those foods. I can even eat wheat now (unless I go hog wild) and I was extremely allergic to wheat back then.
LOVE JUDDD!!!
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:00 AM   #36

Oh, and me in my avatar is me at goal. I will get back to that real soon. I have gotten quite big, but expect to get back down quite quickly too. A lot it is puff! I was so proud to be able to wear a bikini at 40. I am a mom of 4--my eldest son just turned 16 this past week. I was smokin hot and intend to get back down.......and stay there this time.

adi---I hope to be able to tolerate wheat/sugar at certain times.....not every day as I am now LOL. I hope to get back to a more balanced approach. I just need to get my head right. Now is the time. It is going to be in the 70s and 80s this week. What more motivation is there than shorts!!!???? LOL.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Dawn - I am jealous of the temperatures. It is spring break here and it is cold and rainy. Sweat pants just don't help with motivation except when they are so big you can't keep them up.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #38

Well, this is what "they" expect by the end of the week. I hold no expectations of it getting that high (actually hope it won't because I cannot fit into my shorts right now), but I know the 70s are a sure thing later on in the week.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012
I want to get to a weight where my boys don't feel they have to defend me when they hear a "your momma is so fat" joke. They have seriously almost come to blows with friends over that!
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tnanock
Stats: 212.2/212.2/170
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart 9/20/12
I hear ya about not being the "fat" sister. I'm the middle sister and both of my sisters are thinner than me and always have been. Also, I want to break the cycle....my mom and grandmother both struggled with their weight.

I have no interest in wearing a bikini (after 3 c-sections that wouldn't look good at any weight ) but to wear a swimsuit without the backfat hanging over and not have to wear one with a skirt would be awesome!

My oldest son graduates next year. And as a gift, we are planning on taking him on a cruise. I would love to be able to enjoy vacations and such without worrying about my weight!!