Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: swkmom
How Long Usually Before Seeing a Loss?

This is my second down day on JUDDD and I was just wondering what's the usual time period before seeing a loss? I have lost 63 pounds on Atkins and have been stalled since Christmas. I started JUDDD on Monday and one thing I have noticed is my weight has not fluctuated back up which is good. With Atkins I was fluctuating between 172-174 and it was very frustrating. Since Monday I have stayed steady at 172. Yesterday was my up day and I still kept with my low carb way of eating because I'm so used to it, but still kept within my calorie reccommendation. I'm just really hoping to see some movement downward on the scale soon.
swkmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swkmom View Post
This is my second down day on JUDDD and I was just wondering what's the usual time period before seeing a loss? I have lost 63 pounds on Atkins and have been stalled since Christmas. I started JUDDD on Monday and one thing I have noticed is my weight has not fluctuated back up which is good. With Atkins I was fluctuating between 172-174 and it was very frustrating. Since Monday I have stayed steady at 172. Yesterday was my up day and I still kept with my low carb way of eating because I'm so used to it, but still kept within my calorie reccommendation. I'm just really hoping to see some movement downward on the scale soon.
I would give it another few UDs and DDs and if you still are staying the same weight I suggest you look at your calories and maybe re-calculate them. Staying the same weight means we are most likely eating maintenance numbers. Great if you are in maintenance, not great if you want to lose weight.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the reply. I started thinking about it and on my first dd I was so hungry I ended up eating at Atkins bar that night that had to have put me over 500 calories for the day. Today I'll try spreading things out more so I'm not so hungry by night time. My reccomended dd calories are 367 and I just don't think I can do that low so for now my goal is staying at 500.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I started thinking about it and on my first dd I was so hungry I ended up eating at Atkins bar that night that had to have put me over 500 calories for the day. Today I'll try spreading things out more so I'm not so hungry by night time. My reccomended dd calories are 367 and I just don't think I can do that low so for now my goal is staying at 500.
Things that helped me were a 3 ounch peice of chicken breast that i ate part in the am. and part mid afternoon.. drank a ton of water every time i thought i felt like i was hungry.. and for me.. just my oppionin here, coffee worked for a suppresant that first couple of DD..for dinner when i got home from work i ate my veggys like cabage, broccoi and told my self.. "you ate today.. just not as much as normal" seamed to work for me,, oh and also i would drink low soduim chicken broth.. feels like food .. hang in there... these folks here have lots of great advise!! i love em!! Congrats on what you have already loss by the way!!!~

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 03-07-2012 at 11:07 AM..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Also if you're coming off low-carb and you're adding carbs (especially grain based ones) you may see a temporary increase as your body re-adjusts. So don't freak out!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Oh ya. a calorie tracker on line is also a great tool.. i never used on before.. but now i just love it.. ************ is one i am useing there are lots.. but somtimes just putting in a food to see what it holds for calories and carbs gives you a total to shoot for or avoid.. i try to stay under 50 carbs a day with in the UD. and hold it to 20 % on DD..I never realized how many cals i was consuming befroe i used this tracker.. just my morning coffee befroe looking at calories i was consuming about 100 cal per cup with my powerd creamer!! and drink like 8 or 9 of those every day!!! so.. this has opened my eyes to know i need to measure and not eye ball it! lol
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
well on JUDDD you are supposed to weigh once a week after a DD. so see where you are then. surely you are weighing in each day.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the replies! I have not started adding back carbs, I've been on Atkins almost a year and eating low carb has just become second nature. I do use a calorie counter because I was already using it on Atkins to make sure I had my fat/protein/carb percentages right. I like fat secret's phone app. I think my problem with the hunger is going from being able to eat what I wanted in the low carb range every day to very few calories on the dd's with JUDDD. I am definitely going to stick with this longer because since I started on Monday it's the first time my weight has not fluctuated back up like it was doing with Atkins.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasina838 View Post
well on JUDDD you are supposed to weigh once a week after a DD. so see where you are then. surely you are weighing in each day.
I know I'm only supposed to weigh once a week, same with Atkins but I'm addicted to the scale and can't help it. I've actually considered having one of my kids hide it from me.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasina838 View Post
Not a hard and fast rule here ^^^^. Lots of us weight everyday and just take that bouncing scale into consideration when we see the "bounce", up and down, everyday.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Sometimes more than once a day.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
I know I'm only supposed to weigh once a week, same with Atkins but I'm addicted to the scale and can't help it. I've actually considered having one of my kids hide it from me.
There are plenty of us who weigh daily and have gained valuable information about our own bodies and trends by doing so. If you're able to weigh daily and not freak out by the normal fluctuations (sometimes quite large variations!), then don't worry about hiding the scale. If you get discouraged easily, I'd say do your best not to weigh more than once per week.

Good luck!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Add me to the list of people who weigh in everyday. I like to see the fluctuations because I feel like I've learned a lot about what I eat, when I eat, how I eat, what works, what doesn't, etc, through doing this. I've also been up after DDs before and down after UDs, so I like the idea of weighing in everyday!

To the OP, I'd give yourself a little longer. It sounds like you will have a loss soon since the scale isn't bouncing up at all. I find that when I start staying pretty even for a few days, a loss is imminent. You might wake up tomorrow at 171.5, the next day at 171.8, and then the next day at 171. Who knows? That's why I like to weigh everyday. It's kinda fun!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

I actually had a loss this morning! Down 1.2 pounds. Haven't seens a loss since Christmas. JUDDD must be working!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chelsearose
Stats: 159/154/Whatever gets me in a 6-8
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 5, 2012
Lovely!
chelsearose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
I actually had a loss this morning! Down 1.2 pounds. Haven't seens a loss since Christmas. JUDDD must be working!
Yayy! Congrats! KUTGW
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #17

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Congratulations! Awesome news!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Great loss!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #20

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
WTG.... it really works.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I used to think I had a terrible relationship with the scale, but now I know my perspective just needed to change.

Used to be if I got on the scale and it was up, I would think: what's the use? and just eat and go off whatever plan I was trying to follow. If it was down for some stupid reason I would feel so great about the loss that I would think I deserved to cheat, and I would mess up my plan!! How dumb is that????

So then, I just put the scale in a closet and stayed away from it and tried just exercising and making better choices food wise. WRONG! When I finally got it out I was waaaaaaay up so that certainly didn't work. I had gone into a state of denial!

Now I may be a little OCD. However, I have adopted the idea that my scale(s) are learning tools and they are my friends. I have one in each bathroom and I even bought a travel scale so I never have to leave home without one!

The scale is my mentor AND my friend. She keeps me accountable. On August 1st 2011 I started writing down my daily weight in a journal every morning and then writing comments about my goals, about how yesterday went, about ideas to make today go smoothly. Then I also bought a tablet of graph paper and started charting my progress.

It is so awesome now to spread out that graph paper. What a sense of accomplishment! I have taped all the pages together and it's getting so long that the best place to analyze it in on my long kitchen breakfast bar.

Since starting JUDD I love UDs and DDs and I enjoy looking at the ups and downs on the graph. The reason is that UDs boost metabolism so that DDs can burn fat! And now those bounces are a happy thing to me!!

I've noticed patterns. Like, my body holds on to water if I have a high sodium meal. Sometimes for 3 days. I've noticed that after I reach a new low, my body stays there, on average, for at least 15 days and sometimes longer. I've noticed that the scale has to hit a new low at least 4 or 5 times before it will drop lower and that the highs I reach after an UUAD or after a vacation and going off plan keep getting lower and lower. I call those my new "low" highs.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Swkmom......sooooooooooooo happy for you. Nothing much compares to seeing the scale drop!!! Keep on keeping on!!!

Phyllis
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #23

reading your "loss" post!! WTG!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 01:59 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
swkmom, Congrats on the loss!

I do not think it is unusual if weight loss does not begin immediately. Some bodies seem to need time to adjust or even do a bit of internal healing. Whatever caused you to stabilize was just that: something needed to stabilize before weight loss could begin.

Yam-Yam, I am in TOTAL agreement. My scale is my friend and a great learning tool!
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
I weigh every day because I'm analBut, I only see PERMANENT losses at the end of each week. I can't get excited when I see a loss after a DD, because the next day after a UD, it goes right back up!
My body is so secretive--it REFUSES to let me know what's going on until the end of the week.
BUT THEN I get to see the JUDDD magic and get all excited!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote