Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 04:47 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Did ya ever want too...

Did ya ever want to jump into the low carb forums and try to help them convert to this way of eating?? I read all the stalled posts over there and i know that i was there with them too untill i found this Woe.. i soo want to tell them of the sucess of this way of eating and help some one else reach there goals and dreams.. just pondering this thought today and wondered if you all have that urge to want to help them too??~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2012, 05:07 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Nope. Because not every plan works for everyone. A lot of people need lwo-carb because of health issues, so I'd never presume to try and "convert" them.
Also, I hated when people told me how unhealthy low-carb was lol.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:17 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Oh yeah.

I have not done it yet. I really don't want to challenge anyone's woe. And I spend less and less time on the lc threads because, golly, not speaking out gets frustrating.

Because JUDDD is a ketogenic woe, because lc and JUDDD have similar anti-inflammatory and appetite suppression effects, because of a lot of things; I suspect lc and JUDDD are alternate paths to the same result. Meaning I suspect lc, like calorie restriction/fasting causes those blessed sirtuin enzymes to flow. I have not been able to find any studies that looked for that.

Lots of people thrive and lose all the weight they wish to on lc. I believe it is a valid, healthy woe. However, given the number of people who stall on lc I also suspect JUDDD may be a more stable or complete path.

Then again, lots of people here totally thrive on LCing JUDDD.

Chuckle, I am afraid if I started out saying " JUDDD is great!", I would end up going there. And I don't think that would be productive or fun.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 03-07-2012 at 05:29 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:20 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Nope. Because not every plan works for everyone. A lot of people need lwo-carb because of health issues, so I'd never presume to try and "convert" them.
Also, I hated when people told me how unhealthy low-carb was lol.
Good point! I am just so amazed at how simple this is, and a concept ive kind of used in the past when i was maintaining a hugh loss i had many moons ago.. if i ever felt that i over indulged one day i will cut back the next trying to maintain what i had.. i am just so excited that i want to shout it out to the whole world.. "come on in the waters fine over here!!".. i too understand how folks who have lost on the low carb life are being told how unhealthy it is for them,, i tryed it before with the whole induction part and thats what every one told me too.. i would never try to talk some one out of whats working for them,, but would love to help those who its not working for who dont have any health issuse that keep them eating a certain way.. i love this group.. and i love JUDDDING!
Old 03-07-2012, 05:55 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: juddinminime
Stats: 217 heaviest 5'9" 38yrs
WOE: lc/JUDDD
Start Date: Juddd start 1/1/12. 207/ 192.4 /159
Ive converted w/success! A whole month in Feb stalled, started doing JUDDD lc and lost 3lbs in 7days.
juddinminime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:03 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
I do know what you mean. I JUDDD! I'm so excited that I want to share but I do remember a while back when I was low carbing and I kinda looked over here and I thought it sounded crazy! Then after I was stalled for several months I looked over here again and read about all the success people were having so I decided it wouldn't hurt to try.
So I just hope that they will find their way here if what they are doing isn't working for them or have stalled.
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I just dared to put my WOE out there in answer to someone who asked about it on the main board. Personally, I'm grateful that Beeb told her story there a few months ago, because otherwise, I might not have ever paid attention and would've missed out on the best thing that ever happened to my weight loss/maintenance journey.

But no, I wouldn't try to convert someone who's happy with their LC WOE. I certainly did well with it at the beginning, and it changed my life for the better.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:42 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I tell anyone who asks, but I don't try to convert anyone. I found JUDDD when it was the right time for me to find JUDDD. If I had looked at the plan even a few months before I did, I wouldn't have been ready to try it. I kind of believe in the idea of Karma or Fate or what have you. Things seem to happen when they're meant to, and I hope anyone who needs JUDDD will find it when they are open to it.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

All great answers girls.. and welcome to our Woe JO!! It's kind of how i found this woe also... best of luck to all who enter here!!!

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 03-07-2012 at 08:33 AM..
Old 03-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #10
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I posted my weight loss journey here: My Journey Through WW, South Beach, LC, VLC, and JUDDD (long story) and occasionally (just did it again yesterday) bump it up just in case someone is struggling and is looking for a different WOE.

I like being a cheerleader for JUDDD and my journey helps to show how it worked for me.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I posted my weight loss journey here: My Journey Through WW, South Beach, LC, VLC, and JUDDD (long story) and occasionally (just did it again yesterday) bump it up just in case someone is struggling and is looking for a different WOE.

I like being a cheerleader for JUDDD and my journey helps to show how it worked for me.
Thats a great idea.. ill have to go an read it now...
Old 03-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #12

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
a lot of people just can't do DD's. if we could do "low cal" we probably never would have gotten to low carb in the first place, you know?
ravenrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenrose View Post
a lot of people just can't do DD's. if we could do "low cal" we probably never would have gotten to low carb in the first place, you know?
And what does this have to do with her wanting to tell her story or how nice this WOE is doing for her? Just because she is not doing LC anymore doesn't mean, in my opinion, she shouldn't be able to post on the main lobby about how JUDDD is working for her. LCFs is many different WOE, not just LC.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Beeb i have just read sevral posts of yours... and girl,,,, all i got to say is.."YOU ROCK!!"
Old 03-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I just kind of do my own thing and don't worry about what other people are doing. If someone asks me how I am losing I will tell them. I also will tell them I am calorie cycling if I need to explain why I cannot have an ice cream cone if it is my DD. Otherwise I don't even think about how much some of my co-workers need to discover this WOE.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I just kind of do my own thing and don't worry about what other people are doing. If someone asks me how I am losing I will tell them. I also will tell them I am calorie cycling if I need to explain why I cannot have an ice cream cone if it is my DD. Otherwise I don't even think about how much some of my co-workers need to discover this WOE.
i think im just one of those overly excited folks.. got me the whole newbie thing goin over here.. and i love to help folks.. cuz ive been where they are now.. thats really all i am saying with this thread.. i am sooo happy i found my way home
Old 03-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #17
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
I hope my post didn't seem harsh, I certainly didn't hear it that way in my head as I was typing
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I hope my post didn't seem harsh, I certainly didn't hear it that way in my head as I was typing
nope not at all.. i was looking for just folks thoughts is all, it crossed my mind this morning and i thought... why not post this ? Great topic!!! Plus.. your post read just fine, i dint read any more into it then what ya wrote!! woo hoo happy girl today !!!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Beeb i have just read sevral posts of yours... and girl,,,, all i got to say is.."YOU ROCK!!"
Old 03-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post

i think im just one of those overly excited folks.. got me the whole newbie thing goin over here.. and i love to help folks.. cuz ive been where they are now.. thats really all i am saying with this thread.. i am sooo happy i found my way home
I was and still am the same as you are! So to be here and to have found a perfect fit for me in a WOE!

At one point I was so overjoyed and used this smiley all the time Dottie and Pat nicknamed it "the Beeb"!

Be excited! Be happy! Shout it to the world if you want! That is what finding something to works is all about!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenrose View Post
I see what you mean, Raven. The DDs seem daunting, and honestly, they were white-knuckled by me at first until I figured out I needed more protein and a little more calories than many people do on them. There may be people who, for whatever reasons, just absolutely cannot go low at all on DD calories, but I still think the concept of calorie cycling could be made to work for most everyone if they could at least go as low as 800 - 1000 calories on DD, but again, like most things in life the woe is not going to be for everyone, I know.

I know that I never would have found JUDDD if not for first coming to LCF to do a low carb diet. It was only after the frustrating slow loss on vLC combined with coming into maintenance and longing for a woe that didn't make life harder by cutting out so many foods I'd enjoyed, that I found JUDDD, lol. I struggled hard with DDs at first. I wondered if I would really be able to keep it up, even with the encouragement of losing weight on JUDDD. As I said above, I found I was making things harder on myself by not eating enough protein on my DDs. Once I started doing that and having more hearty foods (for me) instead of, say, veggie soup and low cal toast, things became much easier. Plus I raised my DD calorie numbers and that helped even more.

Oh, and in maintenance I've been able to be even looser with the program, all sorts of variations involving more food and calories, and less lengthy DDs, and that has also prevented "fatigue" with the woe. I doubt everyone would wanna deviate like I do, but I always come back around to regular JUDDD for a while. I just like to shake things up for myself, and this is a way of life for me now that I love.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 03-07-2012 at 12:19 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
I was STALLED.... This is how I broke the stall!

I did here... maybe you could add your statistics and thoughts??
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
I was STALLED.... This is how I broke the stall!

I did here... maybe you could add your statistics and thoughts??
I just posted there and I that thread! WTG, Truffles!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Beeb!!

I read your post a long time ago while still just doing LC. Took me a while to get on board. I do appreciate that I can still do LC while JUDDD'ing. I came over when I saw more posts about people doing LC while on JUDDD. While I understand that you don't "have" to!

That's what I love about this WOE. You truly can eat what you want to! LC or not!
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spank'd
Stats: 223/217/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restarted 1/11/14
You want to go and convert Atkids?

I guess you're looking for a flame-broiled tushie?

The only thing that converted me was seeing the numbers on JUDDD. Until people are ready to try something different, it will just rock the boat, good intentions and all.

Last edited by Spank'd; 03-07-2012 at 02:31 PM..
Spank'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank'd View Post
You want to go and convert Atkids?

I guess you're looking for a flame-broiled tushie?

The only thing that converted me was seeing the numbers on JUDDD. Until people are ready to try something different, it will just rock the boat, good intentions and all.
lol...no flame for me!! lol...
Old 03-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12
Ok, maybe I am missing something, but why can't you do JUDDD and LC? That is the way I'm doing it. I am not spending my UD eating things that are not LC. I'm just upping my LC calories that day. Since I'm new and in "induction" here on my DD, I just use LC shakes.
Gweebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
You can't do the super high calorie LC is what I think would be the problem. LC is a very loose term. Lean for Life is LC but it allows many many more carbs than Atkins. It also allows yogurt and grain so different LC plans mean different things. I would eat a salad on Atkins and the dressing alone would be way higher than I am willing to go on JUDDD. I haven't eaten a salad since I started JUDDD. Used to live on them.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
You can't do the super high calorie LC is what I think would be the problem. LC is a very loose term. Lean for Life is LC but it allows many many more carbs than Atkins. It also allows yogurt and grain so different LC plans mean different things. I would eat a salad on Atkins and the dressing alone would be way higher than I am willing to go on JUDDD. I haven't eaten a salad since I started JUDDD. Used to live on them.

You are right, LC IS a loose term. Just because you are eating low carb doesn't mean you are eating super high calories. I just don't think that you HAVE to go off eating low carb to be on JUDDD. I am also guilty of eating a bottle of dressing with my salad but my UD yesterday was meat, eggs, and some leafy veggies. I am not planning on going and finding pasta, bread, and fruit "just because I can" because I know that is a trigger food for me. IMO
Gweebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

I eat Low Carb on JUDDD as well. About 20-60 carbs per day.

No one said you couldn't eat LC and JUDDD. I think that is the common misconception LC'ers have. I always looked at what people were posting on JUDDD and trying to talk it up and think "but I LIKE eating Low Carb" This is "my cake." But I also now can appreciate more of the benefits by eating JUDDD as well... and I broke my stall!

I think that is what turned me off at first... everyone talking about all the carbs they eat, and thinking that I really didn't "want" to! To each their own. But I like doing this Low Carb, and I may have a sugary, or starchy treat once in a while. But I feel better not doing it!