Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heatherwagnon
Stats: 156.6/124.2/125
WOE: HCG rx/JUDDD/LC
Start Date: R1 10/10 R2 1/12
NEWBIE here!

HI Ya'll!! I want to start doing JUDDD but have a couple questions, first on the "induction phase" he put to use meal replacement shakes....I did the hcg diet and know how to do only 500 cals so wondering if all drank those icky things or just got to 500 calories?
Also to do with the 500 cal thing, how many of ya'll buy the book? I'm just thinking if it's mostly recipes, I don't really need it I wanna do lc and I know how to make my little bit of food taste good lol so should I buy the book or no? Isn't most the info on here or his site?
Lastly maybe I missed it but do you start on an up day or a down day and should I wait till DARN TOM passes or just start whenever?

THANKS for the help ladies!!
heatherwagnon is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
I never drank the shakes, just started with food. I know there are several others who have done the same and been fine and others who find the shakes a big help. If you are used to it (food), you should be fine.

I bought the book but I don't think you have to have it

You may start on any day you want!

Good luck!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherwagnon View Post
HI Ya'll!! I want to start doing JUDDD but have a couple questions, first on the "induction phase" he put to use meal replacement shakes....I did the hcg diet and know how to do only 500 cals so wondering if all drank those icky things or just got to 500 calories?
Also to do with the 500 cal thing, how many of ya'll buy the book? I'm just thinking if it's mostly recipes, I don't really need it I wanna do lc and I know how to make my little bit of food taste good lol so should I buy the book or no? Isn't most the info on here or his site?
Lastly maybe I missed it but do you start on an up day or a down day and should I wait till DARN TOM passes or just start whenever?

Some buy the book, and some don't, as most of the info is also posted on the website for free.

Very few of us have done the induction phase with meal replacement bars or shakes. I think it recommends that just because it is so easy, although I don't see what is very hard about measuring foods and counting calories up to 500 either, so..... But most of us just want to eat foods that we can CHEW, and real foods at that, so we didn't do shakes.

If you did HCG even reasonably well, you'll likely thrive on JUDDD! And most of us started off with an UD, which fuels us well through our next DD.

Welcome! Glad you're joining us. I expect you will be very successful here.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

wow ya'll are awesome thanks for the help and advice, I will start tomorrow and probably a dd since I do lc ud's in p3 lol glad to know it doesn't matter what you start with. YAY!
Old 03-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #5

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Heather!

I have not bought the book, but will be doing so just because I think Dr. J deserves my money.

Everyone's already answered your questions, so I just wanted to welcome you. I always get Vacaville and Victorville confused. I had to verify you're up north!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carmiel
Stats: 203/163.4/155
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/12/2012
Hi Heather, I started JUDDD right from a round of HCG and just started my DD with regular food, I did not include starch or sugar however as per the protocol for P3. After following Simeons 500 calorie protocol for 40 days, just having more choices of food made even the DD seem like a treat! So far I have done great and have actually been able to lose three more pounds since February 13th, my last HCG day.

Welcome to JUDDD

Carol
Carmiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hi Heather! to JUDDD! You've been taken care of with your questions, so just wanted to join the welcome wagon for you!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Heather!

I have not bought the book, but will be doing so just because I think Dr. J deserves my money.

Everyone's already answered your questions, so I just wanted to welcome you. I always get Vacaville and Victorville confused. I had to verify you're up north!
LOL yea I'm up north 45 minutes from sac one way 40 minutes from san fran the other way lol, I'm stationed up here at Travis AFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmiel View Post
Hi Heather, I started JUDDD right from a round of HCG and just started my DD with regular food, I did not include starch or sugar however as per the protocol for P3. After following Simeons 500 calorie protocol for 40 days, just having more choices of food made even the DD seem like a treat! So far I have done great and have actually been able to lose three more pounds since February 13th, my last HCG day.

Welcome to JUDDD

Carol
Good to know about this and hcg, for me it seems so simple because I've been doing 500 calories for so long already (I'm p3d5) so I'll basically be doing the same thing you did with no sugar/starch. compared to p2 foods DD definitely seem way more "alluring" Glad to hear about the #3 weight loss! so you are #3 below your LIW? I want to be under and not over

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Hi Heather! to JUDDD! You've been taken care of with your questions, so just wanted to join the welcome wagon for you!
thank you I'm pretty excited, this is way more enticing then hopping on another round of hcg (I'm so small already theres no point) but I want to stay below or maintain where I'm at now and believe this is a good fit for me
Old 03-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #9

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Now see, I think that's my problem. Travis AFB is in Vacaville, and Edwards AFB is near Victorville! My brother worked at Edwards and his son is named Travis! Lord it's so confusing!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:38 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Heather!

JUDDD has so much going for it! We have quite a crowd who had finished losing but discovered maintenance is difficult. JUDDD and maintenance seem to go hand in hand (I am so looking forward to getting there).

Just in case you missed it THIS is a list of important posts Linda (Beeb) was kind enough to put together for us.

I encourage you to read The Scale, She Bounces in depth. Because she do . But most of us, once we see the overall pattern, just let that teach us more about how each of our bodies handle different foods - because the overall trend is stable maintenance or steady loss.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:45 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:

as stated above, you know what you need to but wanted to welcome you as well, i came from the LC and still used that with this plan and so far im losing better than i did just doing LC..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Heather!

JUDDD has so much going for it! We have quite a crowd who had finished losing but discovered maintenance is difficult. JUDDD and maintenance seem to go hand in hand (I am so looking forward to getting there).

Just in case you missed it THIS is a list of important posts Linda (Beeb) was kind enough to put together for us.

I encourage you to read The Scale, She Bounces in depth. Because she do . But most of us, once we see the overall pattern, just let that teach us more about how each of our bodies handle different foods - because the overall trend is stable maintenance or steady loss.
I didnt see that thread thats awesome and I'll definitely check it out thank you!!
Old 03-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmiel View Post

Welcome to JUDDD

Carol
Did you still follow the 2 lb steak day and weigh every day? I plan on it because it's protocol but just wondered if you did
Old 03-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Heather, I did rounds of hcg inj too and just did 500 cal days of real food for down days from the beginning.
The only thing that changes is the mentality. Fat is not your enemy on down days, so you don't have to be paranoid like with hcg. Not a lot of calories to spare for large amounts of fat, I grant you, but still it is a difference if you need it. And the food list isn't limited, although most people seem to do best avoiding sugars on DD.
IMO sticking with real food makes it liveable as lifestyle not another "diet" to go on.
I weighed every day during the first month of JUDDD just for my own records. There is an incredible variance from day to day, but I still totalled 5.8 lbs loss that month, so stick in there with it.
I am now only weighing once every six or eight days as Dr Johnson recommends in the book because I needed a break from the scale roller coaster.

Last edited by b_lou_who; 03-07-2012 at 10:09 AM..
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #15
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Want to say and share a thread with lots of info.

Want To Know LOTS About JUDDD?
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carmiel
Stats: 203/163.4/155
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/12/2012
Quote:
Did you still follow the 2 lb steak day and weigh every day? I plan on it because it's protocol but just wondered if you did
I haven't had to do any correction days but I guess I would if I needed to. I weigh every other day, each morning after a DD. I am down 3 pounds from my last dose day although I am not really even focusing on losing, I am more interested in just maintaining my loses for now and that is going great. I am planning on getting into more of a losing mode once I get back from a cruise in a couple weeks. I am bringing a scale with me on the cruise so I can use it as a reality check but I sure don't plan on losing anything while I am gone.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I want to say to the JUDDD group! We are happy to have you here!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much everyone!! I'm very excited to do this because it's right up my alley in terms of what I need and what I know I can already do I really appreciate all the advice and support cause I'm one of those who likes to read everything I can get my hands on about whatever I want to know about! I look forward to being a part of this group!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #19

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Great to have you here JUDDDing. Enjoy the magic.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Heather!!

I, too am a protocol veteran, and have been on JUDDD since October 11.

Am maintaining and do love all the benefits of this WOE!!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote