Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   NEWBIE here! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/761196-newbie-here.html)

heatherwagnon 03-06-2012 01:22 PM

NEWBIE here!

HI Ya'll!! :hiya: I want to start doing JUDDD but have a couple questions, first on the "induction phase" he put to use meal replacement shakes....I did the hcg diet and know how to do only 500 cals so wondering if all drank those icky things or just got to 500 calories?
Also to do with the 500 cal thing, how many of ya'll buy the book? I'm just thinking if it's mostly recipes, I don't really need it :dunno: I wanna do lc and I know how to make my little bit of food taste good lol so should I buy the book or no? Isn't most the info on here or his site?
Lastly maybe I missed it but do you start on an up day or a down day :stars: and should I wait till DARN TOM :mad: passes or just start whenever?

THANKS for the help ladies!!

handbells 03-06-2012 01:26 PM

I never drank the shakes, just started with food. I know there are several others who have done the same and been fine and others who find the shakes a big help. If you are used to it (food), you should be fine.

I bought the book but I don't think you have to have it :)

You may start on any day you want!

Good luck!

SoHappy 03-06-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heatherwagnon (Post 15471860)
HI Ya'll!! :hiya: I want to start doing JUDDD but have a couple questions, first on the "induction phase" he put to use meal replacement shakes....I did the hcg diet and know how to do only 500 cals so wondering if all drank those icky things or just got to 500 calories?
Also to do with the 500 cal thing, how many of ya'll buy the book? I'm just thinking if it's mostly recipes, I don't really need it :dunno: I wanna do lc and I know how to make my little bit of food taste good lol so should I buy the book or no? Isn't most the info on here or his site?
Lastly maybe I missed it but do you start on an up day or a down day :stars: and should I wait till DARN TOM :mad: passes or just start whenever?

Some buy the book, and some don't, as most of the info is also posted on the website for free.

Very few of us have done the induction phase with meal replacement bars or shakes. I think it recommends that just because it is so easy, although I don't see what is very hard about measuring foods and counting calories up to 500 either, so.....:confused: But most of us just want to eat foods that we can CHEW, and real foods at that, so we didn't do shakes.

If you did HCG even reasonably well, you'll likely thrive on JUDDD! And most of us started off with an UD, which fuels us well through our next DD.

Welcome! Glad you're joining us. I expect you will be very successful here.

:welcome:

heatherwagnon 03-06-2012 01:39 PM

:high5: wow ya'll are awesome thanks for the help and advice, I will start tomorrow and probably a dd since I do lc ud's in p3 lol glad to know it doesn't matter what you start with. YAY!

KeirasMom 03-06-2012 02:10 PM

:welcome: Heather!

I have not bought the book, but will be doing so just because I think Dr. J deserves my money. :hyst:

Everyone's already answered your questions, so I just wanted to welcome you. I always get Vacaville and Victorville confused. I had to verify you're up north! :laugh:

Carmiel 03-06-2012 02:33 PM

Hi Heather, I started JUDDD right from a round of HCG and just started my DD with regular food, I did not include starch or sugar however as per the protocol for P3. After following Simeons 500 calorie protocol for 40 days, just having more choices of food made even the DD seem like a treat! So far I have done great and have actually been able to lose three more pounds since February 13th, my last HCG day.

Welcome to JUDDD :up:

Carol

sophiethecat 03-06-2012 02:36 PM

Hi Heather! :welcome: to JUDDD! :shake: You've been taken care of with your questions, so just wanted to join the welcome wagon for you! :)

heatherwagnon 03-06-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15471971)

I have not bought the book, but will be doing so just because I think Dr. J deserves my money. :hyst:

Everyone's already answered your questions, so I just wanted to welcome you. I always get Vacaville and Victorville confused. I had to verify you're up north! :laugh:

LOL yea I'm up north 45 minutes from sac one way 40 minutes from san fran the other way lol, I'm stationed up here at Travis AFB

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmiel (Post 15472027)
Hi Heather, I started JUDDD right from a round of HCG and just started my DD with regular food, I did not include starch or sugar however as per the protocol for P3. After following Simeons 500 calorie protocol for 40 days, just having more choices of food made even the DD seem like a treat! So far I have done great and have actually been able to lose three more pounds since February 13th, my last HCG day.

Carol

Good to know about this and hcg, for me it seems so simple because I've been doing 500 calories for so long already (I'm p3d5) so I'll basically be doing the same thing you did with no sugar/starch. compared to p2 foods DD definitely seem way more "alluring" ;) Glad to hear about the #3 weight loss! so you are #3 below your LIW? I want to be under and not over :aprayer:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15472035)
Hi Heather! :welcome: to JUDDD! :shake: You've been taken care of with your questions, so just wanted to join the welcome wagon for you! :)

:shake: thank you I'm pretty excited, this is way more enticing then hopping on another round of hcg (I'm so small already theres no point) but I want to stay below or maintain where I'm at now and believe this is a good fit for me :up:

KeirasMom 03-06-2012 03:46 PM

Now see, I think that's my problem. Travis AFB is in Vacaville, and Edwards AFB is near Victorville! :stars: My brother worked at Edwards and his son is named Travis! :hyst: Lord it's so confusing!

gotsomeold 03-07-2012 03:38 AM

JUDDD has so much going for it! We have quite a crowd who had finished losing but discovered maintenance is difficult. JUDDD and maintenance seem to go hand in hand (I am so looking forward to getting there).

Just in case you missed it THIS is a list of important posts Linda (Beeb) was kind enough to put together for us.

I encourage you to read The Scale, She Bounces in depth. Because she do :hyst:. But most of us, once we see the overall pattern, just let that teach us more about how each of our bodies handle different foods - because the overall trend is stable maintenance or steady loss.

sterlinggirl 03-07-2012 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heatherwagnon (Post 15471860)

:welcome: as stated above, you know what you need to but wanted to welcome you as well, i came from the LC and still used that with this plan and so far im losing better than i did just doing LC..:heart:

heatherwagnon 03-07-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15473301)

JUDDD has so much going for it! We have quite a crowd who had finished losing but discovered maintenance is difficult. JUDDD and maintenance seem to go hand in hand (I am so looking forward to getting there).

Just in case you missed it THIS is a list of important posts Linda (Beeb) was kind enough to put together for us.

I encourage you to read The Scale, She Bounces in depth. Because she do :hyst:. But most of us, once we see the overall pattern, just let that teach us more about how each of our bodies handle different foods - because the overall trend is stable maintenance or steady loss.

I didnt see that thread thats awesome and I'll definitely check it out thank you!! :up:

heatherwagnon 03-07-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmiel (Post 15472027)

Carol

Did you still follow the 2 lb steak day and weigh every day? I plan on it because it's protocol but just wondered if you did

b_lou_who 03-07-2012 10:02 AM

Heather, I did rounds of hcg inj too and just did 500 cal days of real food for down days from the beginning.
The only thing that changes is the mentality. Fat is not your enemy on down days, so you don't have to be paranoid like with hcg. Not a lot of calories to spare for large amounts of fat, I grant you, but still it is a difference if you need it. And the food list isn't limited, although most people seem to do best avoiding sugars on DD.
IMO sticking with real food makes it liveable as lifestyle not another "diet" to go on.
I weighed every day during the first month of JUDDD just for my own records. There is an incredible variance from day to day, but I still totalled 5.8 lbs loss that month, so stick in there with it.
I am now only weighing once every six or eight days as Dr Johnson recommends in the book because I needed a break from the scale roller coaster.

Beeb 03-07-2012 10:23 AM

Want to say :welcome: and share a thread with lots of info.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...out-juddd.html

Carmiel 03-07-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heatherwagnon (Post 15474369)
Did you still follow the 2 lb steak day and weigh every day? I plan on it because it's protocol but just wondered if you did

I haven't had to do any correction days but I guess I would if I needed to. I weigh every other day, each morning after a DD. I am down 3 pounds from my last dose day although I am not really even focusing on losing, I am more interested in just maintaining my loses for now and that is going great. I am planning on getting into more of a losing mode once I get back from a cruise in a couple weeks. I am bringing a scale with me on the cruise so I can use it as a reality check but I sure don't plan on losing anything while I am gone.

DD80 03-07-2012 12:54 PM

I want to say :welcome: to the JUDDD group! We are happy to have you here!

heatherwagnon 03-07-2012 01:05 PM

Thanks so much everyone!! :hugs: I'm very excited to do this because it's right up my alley in terms of what I need and what I know I can already do ;) I really appreciate all the advice and support cause I'm one of those who likes to read everything I can get my hands on about whatever I want to know about! I look forward to being a part of this group!

Kissa 03-07-2012 01:59 PM

Great to have you here JUDDDing. Enjoy the magic. :jumpjoy:

sazzie 03-07-2012 03:19 PM

:welcome: Heather!!

I, too am a protocol veteran, and have been on JUDDD since October 11.

Am maintaining and do love all the benefits of this WOE!!!