Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's Tuesday - what are you eating today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/761149-its-tuesday-what-you-eating-today.html)

Dottie 03-06-2012 04:51 AM

It's Tuesday - what are you eating today?

DD

B: just coffee and I have 1 cup of almond milk tallied in for calories (35)
fasting as much as possible, have planned some chicken broth w/cabbage, jalapeno and coconut aminos thickened a little with glucomannan as needed
Beebs "magic glucomannan shake" :laugh: using orange drink mix, 1/4 cup almond milk, water, gluc

Total cals today: 120

Alcestis 03-06-2012 05:08 AM

UD

B: 2 eggs (140), 1T pb (90) I don't know anyone else who likes scrambled eggs with peanut butter, but I :heart: it.

L: salad w/ feta cheese, balsamic vinegar, evoo, cranberries, walnuts (540)

S: clementine (40), crackers (100)

D: pork & peanut butter casserole OR burger (750)

Hmm, 1670 so far. JUDDDing seems too good to be true some days! Look at all that lovely fooooooood....

janj 03-06-2012 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcestis (Post 15470320)
UD

B: 2 eggs (140), 1T pb (90) I don't know anyone else who likes scrambled eggs with peanut butter, but I :heart: it.

L: salad w/ feta cheese, balsamic vinegar, evoo, cranberries, walnuts (540)

S: clementine (40), crackers (100)

D: pork & peanut butter casserole OR burger (750)

Hmm, 1670 so far. JUDDDing seems too good to be true some days! Look at all that lovely fooooooood....

Yum - I think I'm going to come and spend my UD with you today, Alcestis! Had non-fat greek yogurt with granola for breakfast, lunch will be packed as I'm going to a lecture (whole wheat pita with chicken and mayo and a banana). Have to give dinner some thought - maybe a curry. Loving this flexibility after 8+ years of LC!

Alcestis 03-06-2012 05:17 AM

Jan, I'll head up to Boston - I love curry!! :D

KeirasMom 03-06-2012 05:24 AM

First ever MD

B: Mug brownie and 1 C 0% Greek yogurt
L: Guacamole turkey burger
D: Not sure yet, will have around 600 calories left

sophiethecat 03-06-2012 06:05 AM

I pretty much ate an UDs worth of calories last night between 5 and 10 p.m.

So I'm thinking about instead of continuing my FD today as I usually do on MUDDD, that I will do another DD until evening and then start FD again. I've done that before, it's sort of another type of IF where you're fasting or mostly fasting for a set number of hours and then your eating period starts again and you do this daily. Except I do it for maybe a couple days and then go on with the real rotation. Just another way I mix things up sometimes. I'll think about it.

Anyway, so far I'm having Irish B'fast mixed with green tea + raw honey.

darlingnikki 03-06-2012 06:06 AM

DD
b-grapefruit 96
l skinny B and greek yogurt 98
D-shrimp and salad 200
s- protein shake after workout 95
under 500

MintQ8 03-06-2012 06:30 AM

UD

B: 2 slices of soy & linseed toast, peanut butter & marmite (sorry Alcestis)
S: Skinny Flat White coffee
L: 2 slices of soy & linseed bread, slice of ham & cheese - as cheese on toast
S: Skinny Flat White Coffee & half a slice of carrot cake
D: Pasta Ametriciana & some parmesan cheese
S: Strawberry Ice Lolly

A good, in control UD!!!

DD80 03-06-2012 06:36 AM

UD and I'm STARVING today. Yesterday was a very hungry DD, even with 700 or so cals. Down to 171.2 today though, which is a new low, so maybe I'm finally breaking my stall!

B: Leftover pizza, TJ's herb/garlic crust w/ tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, mozz, and goat cheese - ooh with homemade roasted red pepper/tomato sauce.
L: Leftover spaghetti with homemade vodka sauce (made w/ half/half) and mini meatballs
S: Cookies!
D: Not sure yet... Have some leftover loaded mashed potatoes, so I'll work those in.

LightlyStarched 03-06-2012 06:36 AM

Down day.

Just planning on three Designer Whey/almond milk drinks.

Scotty 03-06-2012 07:01 AM

DD
coffee with ff hnh and splend
cabbage & a bit of shredded carrot sauteed with a bit of mushroons and simmered in broth with soy sauce and balsamic. Laughing cow lite French onion melted in. Tasty, but not enough!:laugh:

Probably some shrimp for supper

Broth and V-8 if I need it, and some coffee in the afternoon.

Planning on 350 cals..

boring.

KathyL 03-06-2012 07:05 AM

Today is supposed to be an UD but after this morning's revolting weigh in I'm tempted to fast. BUT I fasted yesterday so I shouldn't do it again today. But that weigh in! I thought my scale was broken. :/

If I eat.....

Breakfast - steak and eggs
Lunch - caesar salad maybe
Dinner - chicken fajita

sophiethecat 03-06-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathyL (Post 15470703)
Today is supposed to be an UD but after this morning's revolting weigh in I'm tempted to fast. BUT I fasted yesterday so I shouldn't do it again today. But that weigh in! I thought my scale was broken. :/

If I eat.....

Breakfast - steak and eggs
Lunch - caesar salad maybe
Dinner - chicken fajita

Hi Kathy, sorry the scales hurt you today! :console: They will most definitely go up and down on JUDDD.

There will be water gains and losses, particularly if there is sugar/carbs consumed, but it will go away again. Many of us found a type of equilibrium once our bodies adjusted to some carbs again after a strict LC woe.

I encourage you to eat today. It's supposed to be an UD, and you need to re-fuel. Your menu sounds great. Enjoy it.

The water will come off again. Fat will leave too, if you keep following the JUDDD rotation. You've probably heard this before - that fat cells loose their fat during WL but fill up with water as a type of place-holder - in case they get to refill with fat again soon. But when they don't, there is a release of water from the cells as they collapse. So at times when it looks like we are holding onto fat or even gaining, it's not necessarily what's going on - it's more to do with water.

Don't "punish" yourself - eat and nourish yourself today. :hugs:

KeirasMom 03-06-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15470816)
Hi Kathy, sorry the scales hurt you today! :console: They will most definitely go up and down on JUDDD.

There will be water gains and losses, particularly if there is sugar/carbs consumed, but it will go away again. Many of us found a type of equilibrium once our bodies adjusted to some carbs again after a strict LC woe.

I encourage you to eat today. It's supposed to be an UD, and you need to re-fuel. Your menu sounds great. Enjoy it.

The water will come off again. Fat will leave too, if you keep following the JUDDD rotation. You've probably heard this before - that fat cells loose their fat during WL but fill up with water as a type of place-holder - in case they get to refill with fat again soon. But when they don't, there is a release of water from the cells as they collapse. So at times when it looks like we are holding onto fat or even gaining, it's not necessarily what's going on - it's more to do with water.

Don't "punish" yourself - eat and nourish yourself today. :hugs:

:goodpost: and ITA!

vilanteira 03-06-2012 07:54 AM

DD

B: coffee
L: may have a small can of V8
D: 6 slices bacon, small portion of pork stew with daikon and shiitake mushroom

Around 450 calories with the V8, 420 without.

handbells 03-06-2012 07:56 AM

DD

Will probably have a pork chop at dinner. Not feeling well and not hungry at all. That's a good thing :)

sophiethecat 03-06-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15470465)
I pretty much ate an UDs worth of calories last night between 5 and 10 p.m.

So I'm thinking about instead of continuing my FD today as I usually do on MUDDD, that I will do another DD until evening and then start FD again. I've done that before, it's sort of another type of IF where you're fasting or mostly fasting for a set number of hours and then your eating period starts again and you do this daily. Except I do it for maybe a couple days and then go on with the real rotation. Just another way I mix things up sometimes. I'll think about it.

Anyway, so far I'm having Irish B'fast mixed with green tea + raw honey.

11 a.m.

1 cup whole milk plain yogurt + 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder + blackberries.

Approx. 250 calories and 22 g. protein.

KathyL 03-06-2012 08:13 AM

Thank you ladies for the encouragement! I'm going to eat good today. :)

Low Carb Librarian 03-06-2012 08:53 AM

UD

Coffee, Greek yogurt w/peaches & granola
Blueberry bagel plain
Maybe some chili for lunch

Tyl 03-06-2012 09:00 AM

Up day!

Cheeseburger no bun--forgot to buy them-- French fries lunch

Healthy choice chicken and shrimp dinner salad and fruit for dinner

adillenal 03-06-2012 09:09 AM

DD
B - oat bran, coffee with HWC
L - oat bran
D - tilapia, spinach

b_lou_who 03-06-2012 11:48 AM

MD

chia almond milk with vanilla stevia

chicken sausage

shirataki with butternut squash sauce and grassfed meatballs

sophiethecat 03-06-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15470887)
11 a.m.

1 cup whole milk plain yogurt + 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder + blackberries.

Approx. 250 calories and 22 g. protein.

3:30 p.m.

Quite hungry so having leftovers:

1 c. spaghetti w/marinara sauce
1 c. pork/rice/cabbage/Philly cream

pinemeadows 03-06-2012 12:33 PM

UD

B - Kefir
L - Smart Choice something or other
D - Probably pasta with pesto, green beans, maybe 1/2 cup ice cream for dessert

SoHappy 03-06-2012 12:40 PM

Having a completely Free Day.

2 mugs of coffee with half & half

Panera's with my sister for a good visit over a mid-morning snack: so a roasted onion and poppy seed bagel with butter, and a frozen caramel espresso drink with whipped cream on the top. Delicious. Delightful. Something I never do, so a real treat! LOL

2 apples, pared and cut into sections, with 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese

Have no idea for supper, but heavy on the meat and vegetables! :laugh:

KeirasMom 03-06-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15470356)
First ever MD

B: Mug brownie and 1 C 0% Greek yogurt
L: Guacamole turkey burger
D: Not sure yet, will have around 600 calories left

Had the mug brownie and coffee for breakfast, no yogurt. (68)
Am having a Healthy Choice rosemary chicken with sweet potatoes for lunch. (180)

I'm at 248 and planning on 1250 for my first MD. What to have . . . . :p

Carmiel 03-06-2012 02:26 PM

UD

B - Egg muffin, canteloupe
L - Salmon, sweet potato with butter, turnip greens (my first attempt and these and they were awesome!
D - Chicken, more turnip greens

handbells 03-06-2012 03:32 PM

Had a pork chop and a spoon of potatoes. Now I feel yucky!

sophiethecat 03-06-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15471718)
3:30 p.m.

Quite hungry so having leftovers:

1 c. spaghetti w/marinara sauce
1 c. pork/rice/cabbage/Philly cream

Had a little more of the spaghetti and the rice from earlier. Waiting on a taco casserole that's in the oven. About to drink some wine and have 2 Samoa GS cookies.

:)

itsmeshelly01 03-06-2012 04:07 PM

UD for me

OMM for breakfast with 1T almond butter
snack of Greek yogurt and cottage cheese mixed with some granola, half a banana
ham and cheese sandwich on 50 Cal wheat for lunch, other half of banana
some trail mix for a snack
glass of reisling when I got home
salad and shrimp scampi for dinner, piece of bread
more wine later and maybe some yogurt
1900 for today