Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Day 18 - Down day & I'm not hungry! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/761129-day-18-down-day-im-not-hungry.html)

SummerAnne 03-05-2012 05:39 PM

Day 18 - Down day & I'm not hungry!

:jumpjoy: My stomach was a little growly earlier but not in the 'FEED ME BEFORE I EAT MYSELF" way it has on several of my prior DD's. I've had about 5 little kale chips just to try them out, and that's it. I'm sure that it will change in about an hour as I just finished a round of the 30 Day Shred, but at least I know I did something to cause the hunger!

I'm really not expecting to see any future scale movement since I've started the Shred, but I'll be measuring for inches lost!

mayleesa 03-05-2012 05:46 PM

yaay!!! i just did 30ds today on my dd too....we'll be countin inches together!!! Burn baby BURN!!!

SummerAnne 03-05-2012 05:59 PM

Oh wow, I didn't realize there was a kale chip product, I just roasted some kale tossed in a bit of olive oil & acv mixed together. I really need an oil mister next time I make them, the oil was a bit too thick.

Pami 03-05-2012 07:16 PM

I bought a Misto sprayer from Amazon- and I love it!
So much cheaper than those pre-pressurized cans of
oil and air (I think mostly air). And you can choose an
oil for today and a different one for next weekend if
you want- same sprayer. (I'd love to have one more
though).

KeirasMom 03-05-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pami (Post 15469702)
I bought a Misto sprayer from Amazon- and I love it!
So much cheaper than those pre-pressurized cans of
oil and air (I think mostly air). And you can choose an
oil for today and a different one for next weekend if
you want- same sprayer. (I'd love to have one more
though).

They have the Misto brand and a few other brands of oil sprayers at Sur la Table and other kitchen stores. I have a couple versions but like my Misto the best!

Lianora Mosswood 03-05-2012 07:25 PM

Isn't it great to get to the "not hungry" DD?! Now that I'm there, I can honestly say that I like the DD better because there is no hassle about food, no thinking about it or obsessing over it--it is helping me dump some very old ideas about food, hunger and dieting. AND I am losing :-)

SummerAnne 03-05-2012 09:52 PM

I have the Misto on my Amazon wish list, but just haven't gotten around to ordering it!

I did end up eating a serving of white chicken chili, though I never really got hungry. I just knew it needed to be eaten, and we're going out tomorrow so I just ate it.

Just a couple of days ago I read someone post here about their stomach growling but not being hungry and it made no sense to me, because I've never experienced that before! Now I get it!

grayciemar 03-05-2012 11:29 PM

This is so funny because this happened to me today and I was going to write about it myself. This is the first DD that I haven't felt crazy hungry..I thought appetite suppression was some kind of urban myth...but it really did happen!!!

sterlinggirl 03-06-2012 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grayciemar (Post 15470047)
This is so funny because this happened to me today and I was going to write about it myself. This is the first DD that I haven't felt crazy hungry..I thought appetite suppression was some kind of urban myth...but it really did happen!!!

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:ive not been on as long as you but.. day 6 for me and yesterday i noticed no hungar for me on my DD.. it was weird but very refressing to know that i "CAN" choose to not eat and still feel good. Has any one else noticed that on UD's you actually feel kind of sluggish? yet on a down day.. thats the day i feel most like exersizing.. strange indeed.. but yippee for you girl.. keep up the great work!!

gotsomeold 03-06-2012 04:25 AM

:yummy: Kale and spinach chips rock!

The energy that many of us feel on DD is such a blessing. Knowing it is a healthy, normal, stable feeling (and not another durn blood sugar spike - wait for the crash) just motivates the heck out of me. I wish everyone was able to experience it!

handbells 03-06-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummerAnne (Post 15469524)
Oh wow, I didn't realize there was a kale chip product, I just roasted some kale tossed in a bit of olive oil & acv mixed together. I really need an oil mister next time I make them, the oil was a bit too thick.

I get kale chips from my local health food store. I forget the brand, but the flavor I like is called Vampire Killer. So good and garlicky!

sophiethecat 03-06-2012 09:05 AM

WTG SummerAnne! :clap: And Everyone experiencing these good effects! :high5: