Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweebles View Post
I admit to making faces at someone trying to just lose 10 pounds when I have 200 to go but I want to do this for me and maybe give hope to another person like me.
This made me laugh.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Thank you. I have been lurking on and off LCF for years because I felt like such a failure because I would lose a few pounds....slowly.... get mad and give up. I even did ******* when she first started her site.
THIS is working for me and so I'm gonna stay here and be part of the group and maybe someday help and inspire another very large woman who is struggling. It is embarassing to be over 300 pounds and not be a "I lost 20 pounds the first week" story and I admit to making faces at someone trying to just lose 10 pounds when I have 200 to go but I want to do this for me and maybe give hope to another person like me.
:hug s:
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Sterlinggirl: You've gotten some great advice regarding adjusting your numbers (or rather, NOT adjusting them), but I wanted to add something I think many newcomers might need to hear:

Your weight on the scale is NOT always directly correlated to the number of calories you ate the day before. This is likely why we sometimes see losses after our UDs and gains after even the best of DDs.

Just because you had a great loss after an UD of xxxx calories one time, does not make that your magic number. The loss on the scale could be due to something you ate or did 3 or 4 days prior. I would always look for a pattern of losses at xxxx number of calories before I decided that a certain number was really my magic number.

I would hate for someone new to get frustrated when they step on the scale after an awesome DD and see a bounce up and think, "what the heck am I doing wrong?" When the fact is, you're likely doing everything right.

I think both you and Gweebles are going to do great on JUDDD!! you'll get your numbers just right in no time and this will be a breeze!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
Thank you all, I feel so welcome here

I barely managed to stuff 2000 calories in, but I'll try another snack later. I can't believe it but I'm actually looking forward to my DD tomorrow! lol

So it takes a few weeks to get going? Whoo...glad you warned me before I get frustrated and destroy yet another scale. I'll give this 2 months and see how it works out for me. Goodness knows I have nothing to "lose" anyway.. ha ha
i just finished reading the book. and Dr. Johnson say repeatedly not to deliberately overeat. eat enough but not more than it takes to satisfy. that is hugely different from what i did at the beginning. when i was stuffing. actually gained a little on week 2 and 3. i know i am stable for months on end at 1650 cals. when the JUDDD calculator gives me 2000 or 1800 cals depending on which exercise level i choose. so this week i was down to 1800 a couple of UP days. much easier. yesterday about 1650. even easier. i think it would not be correct to go below that. i originally selected light exercise because that is what i do. 3 times a week. and Dr. J. says to select one level down on the exercise since most people underestimate what they eat and overestimate how much they exercise. that doesnt help people who have already selected sedentary. but whatever cal level you know you are stable at is the cal level that will work for UP days. then 20% of that for the down days for best results.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I also have the book and he does say many times not to force feed yourself. I believe when we find the right calorie numbers for our ndividual body we should stick to them and work the plan. This is NOT a quick weightloss program. I am ejoying the healthy foods and the slow weightloss. One pound per week is my goal. Years ago I lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks but I have no desire to crash diet in that manner this time around.

It took me over 2 months to reach the appetite suppressions phase and I have now reached the peace with food phase. In other words, I know I can have anything but I am choosing the veggies and lean meats more often than not.

I read part of Dr. J's book again last night since I felt the need to clarify some of the science behind the diet so I am off and running again today which is an UD. The longer I work this plan the less I desire cookies or cake although I still have my every other day GooGooCluster as my treat. Calories factored in of course.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote