Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
UD number.. do we reduce as we lose?

I went to the dr.j site put in my age 45 and 211.6 with little or no activity at 5.9 and it says to eat 2027 up and 405 dd.. so heres my question.. as we lose ( which in 4 days ive lost 3.6 pds) do we go back and input the new weight and re-calculate?
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2012, 05:22 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Most only do that if and when they have to. And you'll know when that time comes if you've been losing weight pretty decently, and then finally you reach a time when loss slows and is threatening to stop. LOL

If you have a lot of weight to lose, you may have to lower your calories a time or two, but don't rush into it. And you may lose all the way to goal weight just fine at the calorie number your start at. It's nice not to go any lower than you have to.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:09 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Most only do that if and when they have to. And you'll know when that time comes if you've been losing weight pretty decently, and then finally you reach a time when loss slows and is threatening to stop. LOL

If you have a lot of weight to lose, you may have to lower your calories a time or two, but don't rush into it. And you may lose all the way to goal weight just fine at the calorie number your start at. It's nice not to go any lower than you have to.
Thanks Pat.. i noticed that you always have great ideas or information on this diet / life style.. how long may i ask have you been doing this? and what have you lost doing so?
Old 03-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I've just reduced mine after losing 25 pounds. I wouldn't bother with doing it for 3 pounds though!
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #5

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I've reduced mine twice, and only when weight loss slowed a little bit. I think it was at around the one and two month marks. But I have a LOT to lose, so I'm a little OCD about my numbers.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:57 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I've reduced mine twice, and only when weight loss slowed a little bit. I think it was at around the one and two month marks. But I have a LOT to lose, so I'm a little OCD about my numbers.
Thanks julie.. and Dawn.. i think i will be OCD about my number as well.. i have alredy tryed to experiment with an UD to see what the scale will do, and now after this DD i will try to do my next UD a lil differnt and see if that pattern works.. after the first UD i did not gain.. but with yeterdays i will call a cheat.. cuz im still doing LC with it.. i did gain 1.6 pounds.. so i cant wait for the next UD to see if can control the gains.. might not be able to.. but its fun to try and crunch the numbers and see what i can control

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 03-05-2012 at 03:58 AM..
Old 03-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
i would expect that recalculating every 10 lbs or so would be enough.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:46 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasina838 View Post
i would expect that recalculating every 10 lbs or so would be enough.
thanks.. i think i will try to stick with what i have at least till that 10 pound mark,, see how i feel and how long does it take for a 10 pound loss to happen.. hope its soon!!
Old 03-07-2012, 04:37 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
I'm doing my utmost to not reduce my calories until I have to. I have probably 'officially' dropped a couple of 100 cals (I have a lot to lose too). But I don't worry if I go back up on occasion.

I'll only really review the cals, if I stop losing weight!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:43 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
I'm doing my utmost to not reduce my calories until I have to. I have probably 'officially' dropped a couple of 100 cals (I have a lot to lose too). But I don't worry if I go back up on occasion.

I'll only really review the cals, if I stop losing weight!
good to know.. ive just start this plan 6 days ago, and it maybe a quirk but i noticed that the scale maintained a loss after an up with lower calories, so im am currently experimenting with using that number to see if can keep it losing and not bouncing up so much.. seeing as im a daily scale jumper.lol.. so far the reduced cals. only reusulted in a half pound gain from one day to the next.. i look forward to tomorw to see how much i lose after todays DD.. keep ya all posted.. so far in 6 days lost 4 pounds on this way of eating.. i think i may be able to reach a new goal of 200 by end of month.. a where before that goal would have been put out to end of april at the rate i was goin.. im so excited
Old 03-07-2012, 05:27 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Experiment as you will my friend. Just remember if you stall think UP not DOWN.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:03 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
At 260, it tells me my UD calories should be 2200
When I plug in 150 (my goal) it says 1660.

I currently aim between 1800 and 2000, and lose pretty steadily when I stay on-plan. I'm not too worried about lowering the number, and probably won't worry about it until I see Onederland.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #13
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Well, I guess I'm the exception to the "rule" because I never lowered my calories, ever. As a matter of fact I upped my calories to stop losing weight when I reached 11 pounds below my goal.

I really just never thought to do it, so I didn't!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:22 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
good to know.. ive just start this plan 6 days ago, and it maybe a quirk but i noticed that the scale maintained a loss after an up with lower calories, so im am currently experimenting with using that number to see if can keep it losing and not bouncing up so much.. seeing as im a daily scale jumper.lol.. so far the reduced cals. only reusulted in a half pound gain from one day to the next.. i look forward to tomorw to see how much i lose after todays DD.. keep ya all posted.. so far in 6 days lost 4 pounds on this way of eating.. i think i may be able to reach a new goal of 200 by end of month.. a where before that goal would have been put out to end of april at the rate i was goin.. im so excited
I think you may be too focused on what the scales say after an UD. It's going to bounce all over the place - accept it - and JUDDD will be a more peaceful journey, fight it and it will drive you crazy.

I say this because you have only been on the diet 6 days. This is like having been on any Low Cal diet at the start - great weight loss (for most).

I wouldn't force the UD cals - but I wouldn't let UD cals and the bounce up on the scales scare you either - it truly is the overall pattern.

In the last 2 days, I have lost the following - and there appears to be no rhyme or rason - 4 lbs after an UD and then a further 1.4lbs after a DD.

Today - because I'm with friends and one of those friends is a wine connoisseur - my UD cals are 900 over my UD 'levels'. I won't be home tomorrow am to weigh - but if I was - of course I would expect a rise - maybe 4lbs??!!! However, after a great DD tomorrow - it'll be gone.

I may not have lost anymore weight - but I've lost so well in the previous days, I wouldn't expect it anyway.

Hopefully, by the end of next week I'll be down more - but some days (normally after an UD) I may see the odd blip. It's OKAY!!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:19 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Last May, we spent a week in Napa and Sonoma with friends who are fanatical oenophiles. It is so much fun being guided by connoisseurs!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:25 AM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I have actually done the opposite. I lost over 10 pounds and raised my DD and UD calories and I am losing. AND I never pay any attention to the up and down weights although I weigh everyday and write it down on my calendar. It really is true that everyone reacts differently to the calories on UD's and DD's.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:26 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Well after reading all of these posts i have decided to take your advise and just leave it be for a while... I am also starting on Sunday to only take a weight once a week.. that way i can be "surprized" lol.. This has been fun i tell ya. and i do realize that at some point the scale is goin to not give me what i would like to see.. i am preparing to wrap my mind around a 1-2 pound loss per week at 1900cal on an up day and 400 or under on a DD.. my quesiton here is .. 1-2 pounds per week.. is that the norm??
Old 03-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 225/225/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 05/05/2014
sterlinggirl - we started about the same time and are about the same weight. So far I am loving it. I biggest surprise is the amount of calories I get on UP - just went and calculated and it said 2034 and DD 407.

I went a bit over yesterday on DD by 30 calories. Each day is learning and I am surprised how I am not real hungry on DD like I thought I would be.

Good Luck and you are doing GREAT!
carla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla70 View Post
sterlinggirl - we started about the same time and are about the same weight. So far I am loving it. I biggest surprise is the amount of calories I get on UP - just went and calculated and it said 2034 and DD 407.

I went a bit over yesterday on DD by 30 calories. Each day is learning and I am surprised how I am not real hungry on DD like I thought I would be.

Good Luck and you are doing GREAT!
Well that mean then we are twins.. I tell ya.. i am so exctied that my life long goal will be made possible by finding this WOE>> i will look forward to tracking your sucess seeing as we are in it at the same or close numbers Kimberly~
Old 03-10-2012, 03:20 AM   #20

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
go you two.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote