Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   creeping in cause i'm ashamed (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/760818-creeping-cause-im-ashamed.html)

mayleesa 03-03-2012 11:52 AM

creeping in cause i'm ashamed

so i went away on vacation, ate alot but was only gone for 6 days from JUDDD...in those 6 days i went from 180 to 193....we did alot of eating, alot of drinking and alot of walking and dancing which i was hoping counteracted SOME of the damage from vacation...i've been home for a week and a half now...and this morning weighed in at 189...i've been sticking to UD/DD rotation as i have before vacation but i was hoping that A) i wouldn't have gained sooo much in such a short time and B) if i had it wouldn't take so long to come back off....i couldn't even post on 3/1 that i was 190....i was and am mortified....500 or less on DD's 1800 on UD's....i know i'm hanging in there but i'm so sad that i feel like i erased 3 months worth of work...:sad:

Yam-Yam 03-03-2012 12:02 PM

Big ((((((((:console::hugs:)))))))))))

It's not that bad! Feeling stressed and guilty will just raise your cortisol levels, so be kinder to yourself and more patient. :)

Remember that the magic gene starts to do it's work as you continue your DD rotations. It builds up and before you know it, you will drop that weight. I really like the illustration in Dr. J's book with the bucket representing DDs being filled up with the big pitcher of liquid SIRT1 pouring in.

Just keep picturing that as you have your DDs and one morning you will see a big whoosh on the scale.

Do hang in there! And never be ashamed to pour out your feelings to the JUDD BUDDS. That's why they are here!:love:

SoHappy 03-03-2012 12:07 PM

Hmmmmmm..... I don't think a whole lot of that weight regain is fat. You'd have to have eaten and drank approximately 7600 calories per day over and above your BMR to have gained that much in fat, and I doubt you consumed that each and every day... even though it sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. :laugh:

So maybe a little bit of actual fat is back, and quite a bit of water weight gained, and probably a bit of extra muscle mass in your legs if you did a lot of extra walking. And combined, those things are enough to do it.

Don't dwell on the number on the scale. Just do your JUDDD rotations, respect your calorie numbers, measure your foods and portions, count your calories, and get on with the joy of living life. The weight will come back off shortly, and then you'll continue to lose even more weight after that. Life goes on. Even those who are fortunate enough to not be overweight at all gain and lose as their days go by. That's just how the human body works. It's normal. We just notice it more because we weigh so often.

Dottie 03-03-2012 12:12 PM

Did you have a good time? Then chalk it up to "party fever" and now get back on it :)

mayleesa 03-03-2012 12:13 PM

thanks ladies so much i just needed someone to tell me it's gonna be a ok cause in 50 days i'm on a cruise and am scared to think that i won't fit into my cruise clothes, shorts, tanks, thank goodness for flip flops they don't care what ya weigh hahhaaa....i need to know that this WILL happen that it WILL come back off!

sophiethecat 03-03-2012 12:31 PM

It'll definitely be OK, Mayleesa! :hugs: Just keep doing JUDDD as best you can and your body will process out the extra water and weight with time. :hugs: Always post here when you need support - we're here for you! :love:

mayleesa 03-03-2012 03:50 PM

aww thanks!!! i'm feeling better already, after i posted i did a jillian workout and that cleared my head and made me focused! the support here is AMAZING thanks again!!

darlingnikki 03-03-2012 04:12 PM

Pfft...ain't no thang...I gained 16 in one week in NOLA...
(I earned every ounce and would do it again) a week later I was showing a mere 4 pound gain of actual fat...which came off, slowly, but it came off!

It will resolve itself...enjoy your memories and the water weight will just dissapear in no time,
what's left was well earned and you can lose it again.

Big Hugs
Nikki.