Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Great to hear! I am thinking your leptin may also be reset, since you have been doing that for so long.

I had the same problem with UD! I am supposed to be eating 2000, but could barely reach 1700 and just recently started adding cocoa crack (EVCO) at 117 cals per tbsp, I have no problem now.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Excellent!!! This is sooooooo great and such a helpful post. Love the line about our bodies needing just enough on UDs to know it's not starving.

I hope you will copy and paste this in on both Newbie threads. It will be so helpful for all!
i will try to do that. thanks for mentioning it.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/136/135-139
Good sleuthing, Thomasina!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Great to hear! I am thinking your leptin may also be reset, since you have been doing that for so long.

I had the same problem with UD! I am supposed to be eating 2000, but could barely reach 1700 and just recently started adding cocoa crack (EVCO) at 117 cals per tbsp, I have no problem now.
well maybe you are not supposed to be eating 2000 cals per day. is that what you know from past experience is what you need to maintain? or did you get that from the JUDDD calculator. Dr. J. says in the book to pick one level of exercise less than what you do when using the calculator. since most people underestimate how much they eat and overestimate how much they burn.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

i forgot to mention about the leptin reset. that i have all the signs of being LS except my weight is not dropping. i did it for 3 months straight and all the other signs showed up but not that one. i asked Dr. Kruse about that and he said keep going; it will happen. but i didnt want to wait 12 - 24 months. i think if JUDDD helps me take off 20 i dont mind taking some time for the rest. still, i like JUDDD and see no reason to stop that.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I agree that his calculator is too high for me. Especially since I am one who is post meno and leptin resistant.
I went back and averaged my Cal over the last two weeks and UD is 1632/ DD515. I am losing slowly, however, thankfully, the scale keeps moving down. I think that I am going to try and do lower on DD, but this may not help me get my 50 grams of protein? Which is more important??? In your opinion?

I am wondering if you are not losing on Leptin Reset due to you being so close to your goal? What are the other signs that you have that you have been reset? Natural Appetite Suppression? Sleep?

I am going to keep doing the Kruse LR with JUDDD, because I believe in it, but wonder if I need to do one or the other?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html

Last edited by sunday; 03-17-2012 at 12:54 PM..
Old 03-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I agree that his calculator is too high for me. Especially since I am one who is post meno and leptin resistant.
I went back and averaged my Cal over the last two weeks and UD is 1632/ DD515. I am losing slowly, however, thankfully, the scale keeps moving down. I think that I am going to try and do lower on DD, but this may not help me get my 50 grams of protein? Which is more important??? In your opinion?

I am wondering if you are not losing on Leptin Reset due to you being so close to your goal? What are the other signs that you have that you have been reset? Natural Appetite Suppression? Sleep?

I am going to keep doing the Kruse LR with JUDDD, because I believe in it, but wonder if I need to do one or the other?
i eat 400 cals on my DD and have no trouble getting in over 50g protein. white meat chicken breast is about 30 cals per oz raw and 52 g protein. so that is about 8 oz for 240 cals. i like better the homemade buffalo jerky i make. 57 g protein in 8 or 9 oz (less once it is dehydrated) for about the same or less cals. so there is no conflict. i love doing both.

no i am not close to my goal. i am 5'7" and about 195 lbs right now. so even though i dont look it it still puts me in the obese category. 73 years old. and although i started as LR i now have all the signs of LS except weight loss on a clean paleo diet. Dr. kruse has the signs posted at his FAQ blog.

as for you; if 1632 on an up day is enough for you; that will depend on if that is what it takes for your body not to slip into starvation mode and hold onto fat. is that what it took in the past when you were at your current weight and activity level? if so then i think it needs to be a little up from that. just to make sure. for example for me i know it is about 1650 so i make sure to get in at least that and a little more. most days coming in just under 1700. and slow losses are fine. what matters if this is something you can continue indefinitely.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Woo Hoo, thomasina. It sounds like you have zeroed in on the good calorie number for you to lose weight on at this time. I know you must be thrilled. That weight loss number is at a real good rate, and along with that.. I hope you are enjoying your Up Day meals as well.

Continued great good luck! I expect you will do very, very well!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Woo Hoo, thomasina. It sounds like you have zeroed in on the good calorie number for you to lose weight on at this time. I know you must be thrilled. That weight loss number is at a real good rate, and along with that.. I hope you are enjoying your Up Day meals as well.

Continued great good luck! I expect you will do very, very well!
thanks Pat. i have to say that the UDs are regular food intake days for me. always lots of food that i like. but since the leptin reset has broken all my cravings it is very easy for me to decide what to eat and do that. what i am trying to say is that if i put all the cals i plan to eat into cronometer and it comes out to too many cals i may remove the beef and add chicken. or fish. i like all the stuff i eat but i dont have any emotional component pulling me to have to eat the beef or the pork if it wont work for me today. but i really look forward from one high protein breakfast on DDs to the next. those are the days/meals that i eat my number one favorite food. homemade buffalo jerky. yesterday was a MD since i want switch around my UD/DD so that means buffalo jerky twice in a row this week. big treat. actually my MD was like a 35% DD instead of 20%.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
WTG, Thomasina! Congrats!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thomasina

Love the way you have figured out what suits your body!

Glad the leptin reset put you in a comfortable eating zone!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #42
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasina838 View Post
thanks Pat. i have to say that the UDs are regular food intake days for me. always lots of food that i like. but since the leptin reset has broken all my cravings it is very easy for me to decide what to eat and do that. what i am trying to say is that if i put all the cals i plan to eat into cronometer and it comes out to too many cals i may remove the beef and add chicken. or fish. i like all the stuff i eat but i dont have any emotional component pulling me to have to eat the beef or the pork if it wont work for me today. but i really look forward from one high protein breakfast on DDs to the next. those are the days/meals that i eat my number one favorite food. homemade buffalo jerky. yesterday was a MD since i want switch around my UD/DD so that means buffalo jerky twice in a row this week. big treat. actually my MD was like a 35% DD instead of 20%.
That's the concept I use when figuring calories for a day also. If I plan the day's menu ahead of time, it's easy to cut back a little here, substitute a little there, and maybe even see where I can add in a little additional of some favored little thing.

I'd have been a lot slower in weight loss if I hadn't done some planning ahead for my menus and calorie totals.

Continued good JUDDDing!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:44 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

just finished week 5. small losses this week but i am happy. that is almost 9 lbs in 5 weeks and very easy. including two weeks i gained with too high a number for my UD.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:03 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, you have convinced me to try and make this jerky!

Do you mind sharing your recipe??? If it is that good, I have to try it! I will be making it in a gas oven, do you think that is doable? I may even make some turkey jerky since I love that too.

Thank you!

Congrats on success so far! Isn't Juddd amazing???
Old 03-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasina838 View Post
just finished week 5. small losses this week but i am happy. that is almost 9 lbs in 5 weeks and very easy. including two weeks i gained with too high a number for my UD.
Goodness Thomasina, how the time flies! 5 weeks already!?!?!

So glad you found your sweet spot with your numbers!!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/155/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Interesting topic. I believe you really have to cycle over a 7 day time span. Body builders use this method often. They call it Zig Zag, Calorie/Carb cycling to name a few. So to begin you should have a good idea how many calories it takes for you personally to lose weight. For me, it's 800-1100 a day. At my age and level of exercise (some walking) that is where I need to be and so I calculated my UD's and DD's based on that. For a couple of weeks I will focus on 1550/600 and then look at the results. It's the average that this WOE relies on. That is what makes it work. Forget the calculators. They are just a guide line and starting point. Just figure it on your needs and it should be OK. Now if I ate 1500 a day consistently I would gain again. When I was in my 50's I had a personal weight trainer plus I did aerobics, and weighed 118lbs. I usually ate two meals a day and didn't track it much. Things change. Long post, sorry.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Okay, you have convinced me to try and make this jerky!

Do you mind sharing your recipe??? If it is that good, I have to try it! I will be making it in a gas oven, do you think that is doable? I may even make some turkey jerky since I love that too.

Thank you!

Congrats on success so far! Isn't Juddd amazing???
well you can find jerky recipes on line. i buy ground buffalo without added fat. 2 lbs and 1.5 Tbs hickory smoked salt from saltworks.us . maybe some steak sauce. whatever i have in the house just enough to get the food processor to chop it up very finely chopped so i can get it through the jerky gun. i like it just like that. i dehydrate for about 4 hours. and that does it. you can do in the over but you can only do one tray at a time instead of the 9 trays i can get in the dehydrated.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
Interesting topic. I believe you really have to cycle over a 7 day time span. Body builders use this method often. They call it Zig Zag, Calorie/Carb cycling to name a few. So to begin you should have a good idea how many calories it takes for you personally to lose weight. For me, it's 800-1100 a day. At my age and level of exercise (some walking) that is where I need to be and so I calculated my UD's and DD's based on that. For a couple of weeks I will focus on 1550/600 and then look at the results. It's the average that this WOE relies on. That is what makes it work. Forget the calculators. They are just a guide line and starting point. Just figure it on your needs and it should be OK. Now if I ate 1500 a day consistently I would gain again. When I was in my 50's I had a personal weight trainer plus I did aerobics, and weighed 118lbs. I usually ate two meals a day and didn't track it much. Things change. Long post, sorry.
well if you dont lose then keep in mind that Dr. Johnson says that in 98% of the cases that is due to cals too high on the DDs.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the answer Thomasina. I believe I will try a small amount of Bison and then if it is yummy as I believe it will be, then I will invest in a dehydrator.

I am testing 1800/400 this week and will let you know if it speeds my metabolism any. That will give me 1100 avg which will be slow losses, so I may go even lower on both days back to 1700/300, which could be where I end up.
I finally had my energy and no appetite kick in full force and it is wonderful.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks for the answer Thomasina. I believe I will try a small amount of Bison and then if it is yummy as I believe it will be, then I will invest in a dehydrator.

I am testing 1800/400 this week and will let you know if it speeds my metabolism any. That will give me 1100 avg which will be slow losses, so I may go even lower on both days back to 1700/300, which could be where I end up.
I finally had my energy and no appetite kick in full force and it is wonderful.
my average is 1050 per day and probabnly just about where i want it to be. so long as i can still get in 50+ g protein on the DDs i am fine with it. good luck with the jerky. you want it dry but moist enough to be flexible when you take it out. i dried one batch way too much by going out to class and i am not enjoying that very much. almost like crackers. i will have to eat some of it tomorrow. but i will be making a new batch as well.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

OK, i did reduce my UD cals. doing about 1640/400. and at week 6 i was down 10 lbs. then nothing lost for 2 weeks and i had a food blowout. i was hugely craving protein. kind of a surprise since i eat so much of it. so i ate like crazy for 4 days. then did all protein for a couple of days and dropped a little more. thought today wold be my first DD in a week but i am thinking of protein agian. maybe another day or two of all protein would be good.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you for telling me about buffalo jerky Thomasina! I love it! It is my go too for quick protein!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you for telling me about buffalo jerky Thomasina! I love it! It is my go too for quick protein!
thank you for letting me know. it is higher protein and lower fat than beef. and i like having something i can carry in my pocket. i made some with chicken breast. i tried it when i couldnt get the buffalo i liked. not quite as good but also pretty low cal for the amount of protein. but it needs some flavoring.

2 lbs ground chicken breast. 1 tsp onion powder. 1.5 tsp garlic powder. 2 T sea salt. pepper if you like. i put in a little cajun spice mix. good enough but not as good as the buffalo. i did once have the chicken broken into cracker sized pieces with liverwurst on it and liked it fine.