Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012
growling tummy

My growling tummy has led to discussions about JUDDD with patients.

I am a dental hygienist and have been fasting for breakfast and lunch on my DD. This has worked very well for me and surprisingly, even though my tummy growls, I don't feel very hungry.

BUT.....this has led to some very strange looks and a few JUDDD discussions with patients seeing as how my stomach is right next to their ear

I have had several patients really interested in this WOE and are going to research it more.

Now if I could make flossing technique discussions as interesting as weight loss I would really be doing something
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie

It could be worse...
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Janet, I have had many long sessions with my hygienist...she often has tummy growls and *if* she remarks on it, we laugh together. I mean really, who cares? Or maybe it's that we've been "together" for so many years....but I can't imagine actually remarking (or giving strange looks) at someone who has a fully functioning body.

To me, it's kind of like a sneeze, and I never remark or "bless" anyone who has sneezed. Maybe it's just me, but a sneeze or a tummy growl is personal, and best just ignored.

It's a tummy, things happen in there, whether full or empty. Too bad people look strangely at someone who has a digestive system that functions perfectly!
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
Start Date: June 2013
hehee my tummy growls like mad in the evening of a DD but no hunger like you said
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetTN View Post
My growling tummy has led to discussions about JUDDD with patients.

I am a dental hygienist and have been fasting for breakfast and lunch on my DD. This has worked very well for me and surprisingly, even though my tummy growls, I don't feel very hungry.

BUT.....this has led to some very strange looks and a few JUDDD discussions with patients seeing as how my stomach is right next to their ear

I have had several patients really interested in this WOE and are going to research it more.

Now if I could make flossing technique discussions as interesting as weight loss I would really be doing something
That's hilarious!! Let me know if you find a way to make flossing as fun as JUDDing. My dentist will love you!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majella View Post
hehee my tummy growls like mad in the evening of a DD but no hunger like you said
Me too! Can't believe it but lately my tummy just growls and grumbles like a starving bear on DDs, sometimes as early as 10 a.m.! But I don't feel hungry. I usually grab a tablespoon of FF yogurt just to quiet it down if it's too loud and bugging me.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
Start Date: Jan 2012
gharkness--most of the looks come after lunch when most people usually have eaten. Sometimes it is really loud and I think it is like the elephant in the room. If you don't say something it will be weird. The bonus is that I have gotten the word out about JUDDD to people that might not have ever heard of it. I also tell them that weight loss is only one of the benefits of this WOE.

I am not in any way offended by the comments or looks. Most of the time its is along the lines of "it's lunchtime" or "didn't u eat lunch today?".
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote