Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 05:27 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
JanetTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: middle TN
Posts: 139
Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012
dieting with my coworker

A girl I work with only on Friday and I started trying to lose weight around the same time.

I found JUDDD (thank goodness) and she is doing some medically supervised diet that uses supplements, drinks, strict eating plan, and very expensive to boot.

When I watch her eat her measured out steamed broccoli and bites of chicken for lunch I am so thankful that I don't have to eat like that everyday. I CAN'T eat like that for any length of time without feeling deprived.

I really hate that she didn't try JUDDD before spending so much money on her diet. And it clearly is a DIET....not a sustainable way of eating that you can continue for long time like JUDDD.
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2012, 05:31 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,140
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
My coworker just told me the other day that he was talking to his boyfriend about my plan, and he (the boyfriend) is now JUDDDing right along and enjoying it. Don't you just wish everyone knew about this??
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:36 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,913
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetTN View Post
A girl I work with only on Friday and I started trying to lose weight around the same time.

I found JUDDD (thank goodness) and she is doing some medically supervised diet that uses supplements, drinks, strict eating plan, and very expensive to boot.

When I watch her eat her measured out steamed broccoli and bites of chicken for lunch I am so thankful that I don't have to eat like that everyday. I CAN'T eat like that for any length of time without feeling deprived.

I really hate that she didn't try JUDDD before spending so much money on her diet. And it clearly is a DIET....not a sustainable way of eating that you can continue for long time like JUDDD.
Perhaps when she sees you losing weight well and eating so very, very well every other day, she'll finally inquire about the plan you are following.

Measuring out your foods and choosing steamed broccoli and chicken to eat makes sense as good low calorie food choices, but it's not quite so fun when you have to eat like that every single day in order to lose weight.

In the meantime, follow your own plan and respect your UD & DD calorie numbers, and I'll bet she'll wonder how you can eat so wonderfully every other day and still be losing weight at the same time.
__________________
Best wishes, Pat
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:39 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
JanetTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: middle TN
Posts: 139
Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012
Dawn...I really do. I know that this WOE isn't for everyone but if people would give it a good try (not quit the first time they see a jump in the scale and declare that it doesn't work) people would be surprised at how easy this is.
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:42 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 1,994
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
My coworker just told me the other day that he was talking to his boyfriend about my plan, and he (the boyfriend) is now JUDDDing right along and enjoying it. Don't you just wish everyone knew about this??
its funny cuz i only read about this plan and on day one i was already so exctied about how its goin to work i started to tell my heavy freinds about it too.. i do wish that every one knew.. and i plan to convert (if they choose) many to this way of thinking right after i lose some weight on it my self
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member
 
JanetTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: middle TN
Posts: 139
Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012
I lost 10 lbs my first month and people are really starting to notice. It is funny because in my clothes it looks like more than 10 lbs.

Everyone at this particular office has commented on my weight loss except her...I only work there on Fridays so they probably do see a difference seeing me once a week.

yesterday was an UD so I tried to eat before she came in to our break room because I almost felt guilty getting to eat what I wanted while she is trying so hard to stick with her plan and do well. We all know what that is like.
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:10 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,754
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Maybe she will never stall. Some people can eat low-cal/low-fat and lose weight successfully.

But, if she does stall I bet she asks you about your woe.

If, at some point she shrieks, "I can't take it any more! What are you doing???" Be sure to tell us.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 03-03-2012 at 06:12 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:20 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!
 
itsmeshelly01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 1,619
Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
I feel for her. I have eaten like that way to much and im glad i have found JUDDD. when i was eating like that everyday i did get skinny, too skinny!!! And the end result was that it brought back my ED like crazy! I was restricting way too long and my body got tired of it and rebelled. I dont have to worry about that at all with JUDDD. I can eat anything and i love it.

I have a friend at work that is always complaining about her weight and wants to lose it but just is one of those people that i guess its just not really that big of a deal. I have tried to get her to try juddd and i think she is finally starting to come around. She has seen me adding in wonderful carby foods after eating lowcarb for so long and seeing what im eating on my UD's and im always telling her how easy it is once you get past the first week or so. I hope she will give it a try.
__________________
New grandbaby! Life is good!<img src=images/smilies/hugs_2011.gif border=0 alt= title=Hugs class=inlineimg />
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,754
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Let her see you eat a cookie and still lose!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member
 
mattsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny SoFla
Posts: 608
Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetTN View Post
Dawn...I really do. I know that this WOE isn't for everyone but if people would give it a good try (not quit the first time they see a jump in the scale and declare that it doesn't work) people would be surprised at how easy this is.
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,223
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetTN View Post
I lost 10 lbs my first month and people are really starting to notice. It is funny because in my clothes it looks like more than 10 lbs.

Everyone at this particular office has commented on my weight loss except her...I only work there on Fridays so they probably do see a difference seeing me once a week.

yesterday was an UD so I tried to eat before she came in to our break room because I almost felt guilty getting to eat what I wanted while she is trying so hard to stick with her plan and do well. We all know what that is like.
That is so awesome! Isn't it great to be noticed?

Seems like you are experiencing the fat burning and inches melting magic Dr. J talks about in the book. He says that this WOE encourages muscles being sustained and prevents fat from being stored as well as melting existing fat deposits. That's why, even when the scale doesn't show a big loss, some of us are losing inches quickly and our clothes keep getting baggier! Wooo-Hooo!! I'm all for that!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!
 
mayleesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,343
Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
everyone at my job too is doing a biggest loser ish type of thing....they all wanted me to join and i thought about it but the finale is May 1st and i'm on a cruise the week before....so i'm cheering everyone from the sidelines and i'm still juddding along but i'm watching some serious wicked eating patterns and some grumpy souls wandering around work....i'm not where i'd like to be at the moment but at least i'm happy about the woe i've chosen....i couldn't survive on such little food.....i'm interested in seeing how ur friend does on her medical diet, there are several at work doing a medi fast type of thing....good luck to you in your challenge!!! keep us posted!!
__________________
I WANT THIS!

Feb 1: 190 ---> 193.8
March 1: 185 -> 188.0
April 1: 180 --> 184.8
May 1: 175 --> 178.2
June 1: 170
.......-5/month until my birthday in
DECEMBER: 140
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:02 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.