Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   i WENT OVER MY CALORIE LIMIT! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/760753-i-went-over-my-calorie-limit.html)

arkie1 03-02-2012 07:07 PM

i WENT OVER MY CALORIE LIMIT!

Today was an UD for me, and I went over my calorie limit by about 170 calories. That is a first for me....should I lower my DD calories tomorrow?
I have been doing 500/1954 since I started, and have had a nice weight loss of a smidge over 10#'s in 22 days.

Any advice would be appreciated. (I should not have made/eaten the LC p'nut butter cookies- they are 87.5 cals each. But oh, so good!)

Carole

gharkness 03-02-2012 08:35 PM

I personally would not lower my DD calories tomorrow. JUDDD (as you may have heard) is very forgiving. Just make note of what you did, have a normal DD tomorrow, and move on. If you punish yourself by limiting your DD calories even further, it will make it harder for you not only tomorrow, but also on the next UD when you'll be tempted to make up for the extra-low DD.

I have a tendency to go over on my UD's (never on my DD's). But it is what it is, and you will recover very quickly from the overindulgence. You'll be fine, but again, don't punish yourself!

Beeb 03-02-2012 08:43 PM

NO, don't lower anything!! It's just one day and not that much over so just let it be and continue on your journey!

No harm, no foul!! :hugs:

gotsomeold 03-03-2012 10:09 AM

Just keep the rotation going. There is a good chance by the end of the week those cals will fall beneath it (rotation) like butter melting in the un.

sophiethecat 03-03-2012 10:11 AM

Yep agreeing with everyone, just keep going. This day will eventually blend into all your other UD/DD and be of no concern in the long run. The important thing is just get back on the rotation and move on. :hugs:

gotsomeold 03-03-2012 12:37 PM

:rofl: And, if you think any of us are impressed with going a mere 170 cals over plan, think again my friend, think again. :hyst:

:o I am not even going to hint at what happened on my first accidental excess. :p

It really does work itself out as long as every day does not exceed plan. JUDDD is very forgiving.

gharkness 03-03-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

:rofl: And, if you think any of us are impressed with going a mere 170 cals over plan, think again my friend, think again. :hyst:
Truth, if I ever heard it!

sophiethecat 03-03-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15463913)

:o I am not even going to hint at what happened on my first accidental excess. :p

It really does work itself out as long as every day does not exceed plan. JUDDD is very forgiving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gharkness (Post 15463951)
Truth, if I ever heard it!

:laugh: Yes, compared to some of my mistakes, 170 calories is downright saintly.

leonak 03-03-2012 01:48 PM

Wish I only went over by that little bit!!

You will be fine!

arkie1 03-03-2012 02:32 PM

You all made me laugh! But, you eased my mind, also. Thank you for both emotions!

Since I put on the 20#'s last June, and did it so quickly, I have become very paranoid, and want to do this WOE to the T, but I also know that is not always going to happen. Anyway, got up this morning to only a 0.6 gain,(219.2 to 219.8) so am beginning to see the ole JUDDD magic! I guess in my mind, I thought I had undone all the good I had achieved over the past 3 weeks.

Great to be a part of a forum with such delightful, funny, and knowledgable people!

Carole

gotitnow 03-03-2012 03:01 PM

I cant even put into words how much what everyone here says helps me on a daily basis. Every day I must have my JUDDD-BUD "fix." :heart::love::heart:

gotitnow 03-03-2012 03:07 PM

Oh, and Carole I meant to say that you are inspirational too. You are doing great!!! I love it when I can tell that someone is doing it "right"!!!!!!:clap:

arkie1 03-03-2012 04:48 PM

Thank You, gotitnow! I don't think I've ever been told that I was an inspiration, when it comes to dieting, so I do appreciate that.

Carole

darlingnikki 03-03-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15463913)

:goodpost:

gotsomeold 03-04-2012 03:09 AM

The fun starts, the calm feeling of food as a friend, when you realize you no longer have accidental excesses.

When the opportunity to eat above plan arrives, you can actually stop and think, I know this will slow me down ... is it worth it? And make a calm no-guilt, no-stress decision to - oh, let's say - turn down the dinner invitation, or warn the host that you will only eat salad, or go and gobble everything in sight.

You own the decision. You own the consequences. Food is just food and owns nothing.

(Why yes, :yummy: I did accept a last minute invitation from a couple of gourmet foodie friends last night. And, yes, :laugh: I know exactly what the scale is going to tell me this morning.)

bevonjuddd 03-04-2012 03:41 AM

This week I counted my UD calories for the first time and found that I've been going over pretty much every UD. I thought I'd test it and continued to go over this week. Still lost 2.3 lbs and have lost 15lbs since beginning of Jan , despite a 2 week break where I ate every type of junk food I could find . So I'm guessing that as another poster said, JUDDD is VERY forgiving ;) Oh and I didn't compensate on the DDs.

sterlinggirl 03-04-2012 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkie1 (Post 15464200)
You all made me laugh! But, you eased my mind, also. Thank you for both emotions!

Since I put on the 20#'s last June, and did it so quickly, I have become very paranoid, and want to do this WOE to the T, but I also know that is not always going to happen. Anyway, got up this morning to only a 0.6 gain,(219.2 to 219.8) so am beginning to see the ole JUDDD magic! I guess in my mind, I thought I had undone all the good I had achieved over the past 3 weeks.

Great to be a part of a forum with such delightful, funny, and knowledgable people!

Carole

i know what you mean girl.. i too have been afraid to not do the numbers cuz i so want it to work!.. so glad you have this forum and the JUDDD BUDDs to help ya along!!:high5: