Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   it's friday, what are you eating ?! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/760579-its-friday-what-you-eating.html)

annieS 03-02-2012 12:46 AM

it's friday, what are you eating ?!

DD here, has to be a good one (yesterday was an highish UD...)

B = tea with a little soy milk (15)
L = soup & rice cakes (100)
S = protein shake (100)
D = I need to think about this one ! we'll be in the train for 3 hours, i'll need something to nibble on !

Kissa 03-02-2012 03:08 AM

UD off to have some toast and marmite I think.

Then out tonight but don't know what kind of food, not in charge.

A Costa soya flat white will be in there somewhere too :)

Dottie 03-02-2012 03:15 AM

DD

B: coffee w/almond milk
D & S: salmon, tilapia or shrimp and veggies, maybe a creole type soup w/ shrimp, rotel and cauliflower "rice"

gharkness 03-02-2012 03:22 AM

DD, and WHOA!

As I mentioned yesterday, I needed to get control of my UD food....and I did. So, I just had a feeling this morning..and I tried on my "goal" pants. HOLY COW!! Already - a HUGE difference! I'm almost able to wear them to work today (casual day). I won't, but ....I almost could! :jumpjoy:

so, today:

regular DD menu

Almond milk X 2 = 100 calories
100 gr. chicken with 300 gr. cabbage and bouillon = 200 calories
Strawberry shake = 160

'Zat's IT!

Dottie 03-02-2012 03:26 AM

congrats Georgene:)

adillenal 03-02-2012 03:40 AM

First - CONGRATULATIONS Georgene!!!
DD
B - oat bran, coffee with HWC
L - oat bran
D - tilapia, spinach

giggles4me 03-02-2012 03:56 AM

UD for me
B: breakfast sandwich- egg, cheese & sausage

That's all I have right now. Need to stop at the store on my way home from work tonight.

sterlinggirl 03-02-2012 04:04 AM

well yesterday was my very first DD so today is an UD.. im almost scared to eat today..i will start with toast and tsp of peanut butter and go from there.. ive read about the bouncing scale and that kind of scares me.. but i will give this new way of eating a full month and see where it gets me.. wish me luck.. sorry to hijack this thread:)

Dottie 03-02-2012 04:12 AM

Next Friday will be an UP day and I'm glad because a local Catholic church has the best fish frys on Fridays during Lent lol:) And I haven't had them in forever but now I can on JUDDD :)

gotsomeold 03-02-2012 04:41 AM

Fried fish mmmmmm Great plan Dottie!

Congratulations Georgene!!!

UD

goal: 1600 cal

B: hwc in coffee 150 cal
L: ??? not much because dinner is out of my hands
D: fish tacos at a friend's house, vino (I know these friends), one of my dark chocolate/ruby port truffles (hope they eat the rest)

MintQ8 03-02-2012 04:49 AM

UD

B: 2 slices of toast, butter and a cup of tea
L: tuna sushi roll, salmon & avocado sushi roll (little taste of DH's chicken curry) 3/4 of a slice of Lemon Meringue Pie (been eyeing it for weeks - it was good - but I've had it now - next time may try to make my own!)
D: Lasagne & salad, glass of low alcohol/calorie red wine (so, so - but half the cals almost!)
S: Cup of Tea, & a mini wagon wheel

The shock is (not taking the curry into account!) I'm only at 1815 - can go up to 2100!!! - so I feel fine (even though I'm an advocate of eating all the way up!!! - occasionally it doesn't hurt!)

mattsmama 03-02-2012 05:07 AM

Going to the beach today with hubby..DD here
So:
B-Coffee w/ ff hnh - 20
L-Whole Foods hot bar on the way home-??calories... I always get their veggie hot foods. I read the labels, and they are absolutely delicious. It is very easy to pick lower cal, very healthy foods. I have never had a gain from it.
D-Baked chicken with salad and maybe some flatbread.

Alcestis 03-02-2012 05:16 AM

UD - work in progress

B: oatmeal (200)
L: ?? going out, but not sure yet
D: pork loin w/ spicy peanut butter (700)
S: Nilla wafers (120)

I've been weighing daily for a week and it's helping me pay more attention to my calories every day. No bad thing!

SoHappy 03-02-2012 05:25 AM

This is an UD for me.

2 mugs coffee w/half & half early

mid-morning breakfast meeting.. always consists of fresh mixed fruit, chilled hard boiled eggs, fruit yogurts, assorted sweet pastries, assorted juices, and coffee.

small lunch will be a spinach salad w/tomatoes, ham chunks, and mushrooms, whatever other fresh veggies appeal.. sunflower seeds probably

don't know yet what supper will be

KeirasMom 03-02-2012 06:12 AM

UD

B: Guacamole turkey burger with jalapenos, coffee, iced tea (508)
L: Michelina's Lean Salisbury Steak/mashed potatoes with a side of Mann's Asian Veggie stir fry (230)
D: No idea yet
S: Lindt chili dark chocolate (2 squares = 95 calories)

That leaves me with 1172 calories for dinner/wine.

AsmallerME 03-02-2012 06:22 AM

DD
B: coffee w/ h&h and splenda - 40cals
L: cream cheese muffin - 150cals
S: turkey slices - 50cals
S: almonds or atkins bar - 200 cals
---
Total 450 or less

LightlyStarched 03-02-2012 07:19 AM

Down day.

I am experimenting with some protein drinks. I bought both the vanilla and chocolate Designer Whey, and I'm going to mix it with unsweetened almond milk.

I am planning on having 3 of them, but have calorie room for a 4th, if needed.

KathyL 03-02-2012 07:50 AM

UD here

breakfast - chocolate protein shake with added frozen strawberries & greek yogurt

snack - peanut butter on toast

lunch - bbq bacon cheeseburger with an orange pepper & pickles on the side

dinner - caesar salad and pizza

I am so looking forward to my meals today....and the calorie total is right on the mark. :)

Kim6980 03-02-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MintQ8 (Post 15459965)
UD

B: 2 slices of toast, butter and a cup of tea
L: tuna sushi roll, salmon & avocado sushi roll (little taste of DH's chicken curry) 3/4 of a slice of Lemon Meringue Pie (been eyeing it for weeks - it was good - but I've had it now - next time may try to make my own!)
D: Lasagne & salad, glass of low alcohol/calorie red wine (so, so - but half the cals almost!)
S: Cup of Tea, & a mini wagon wheel

The shock is (not taking the curry into account!) I'm only at 1815 - can go up to 2100!!! - so I feel fine (even though I'm an advocate of eating all the way up!!! - occasionally it doesn't hurt!)

mmmmm sushi!!!!! Do you do your own???

Kim6980 03-02-2012 08:03 AM

First REAL DD!!! My plan of action is:
B-2 egg whites and one slice ham=60
L-OMM (if I calculate cals correctly 1/4 flax meal is 120, egg is 70 and baking powder is 0 and SPlenda pkt next to nothing. I will leave out the CO for cal purposes?)=190
Tilapia 40z=110
Snacks-Great value instant jello 4 serv @ 5 each=20
All equals 380. I will have a shake at work (Hardee's) tonight. I will bring my almond milk and measure out the ice cream. I plan on a 100-120 cal shake.

vilanteira 03-02-2012 08:15 AM

DD

B: coffee
L: --
D: 6 slices bacon, small portion of chili ground beef avocado veggie casserole

Should be right around 400 calories. Might have a small can of low sodium V8 for some extra potassium mid-day, and if so, it'll be 430 total.

sophiethecat 03-02-2012 09:53 AM

First day to relax in a while with all the stress and running around.

FD

B
-black coffee

L
-peach yogurt with raspberries & blackberries mixed in

I should probably eat something more substantial so my tummy will be OK to take med & supplements, but I don't feel like anything. :dunno:

b_lou_who 03-02-2012 10:17 AM

DD

almond meal babycakes
sweet potato soup
cabbage/ff cheese/salsa

Yam-Yam 03-02-2012 10:26 AM

Tomorrow DH and I are celebrating our 39th wedding anniversary! Yay! However, wanting to celebrate tomorrow, I'm realizing I have not yet figured out what to do about today.

Yesterday was a 250 calorie DD which got me -3 pounds down on the scale this morning. Double Yay!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Should I try a slightly higher DD today? I really want tomorrow to be an UD because there will be breakfast in bed and a lovely dinner out. :confused:

So far today:

Wheybolic 30 grams of protein shake = 120 calories
Small oat bran pancake, plain = 35 calories
Two cups coffee w/ 1 TBLSP half and half in each for = 40 calories

So, 195 calories so far.

I'm going to let my hunger dictate the day. Wanted to start off immediately with the protein so my body would know "we are not starving here" after yesterday's calorie restriction. :laugh:

I have leftover salmon and leftover ground turkey and home made vegetable soup as well as yogurt, cottage cheese, fat free milk and lots of cabbage and salad mixings and tomatoes. Plenty of healthy stuff that I can mix and match to keep calories in check. Whatever I do, I know it will work out ok. I may not lose as fast, but I will lose (or maintain for a few days).

Wedding anniversaries only come once a year! And I certainly have learned how precious is my time with DH. :love: I already know what I'm going to order for dinner tomorrow night and it's good and healthy and wonderful!:clap:

KeirasMom 03-02-2012 10:41 AM

Yam, I think you should be peachy-keen with a MD today, then UD tomorrow.
Enjoy that anniversary! :clap:

carla70 03-02-2012 10:44 AM

Today UD - and feel I FULL so far after first sucessful DD yesterday.. my 5th day on JUDDD.

B: 2 slices wheat bread, peanut butter and jelly

S: Special K Bar (homemade from co-worker)

L: Bun, Thin Hamburger patty with cheese and honey mustard, baked beans and potato salad

S: Diet Coke

Supper: Since I can... pizza night

Just logged what I have eaten and what I plan on eating.. WOW you all were right how fast calories add up. Didn't do that the other UD's I had. Today hasn't been the best choices. Might have to rethink supper..

darlingnikki 03-02-2012 11:07 AM

DD
B-coffee
L-greek yogurt 33 skinny B 65 vitatop 100 and canteloupe 60 total 260
D- shrimp 100 and zuchini 60 plus pasta sauce 60 total 240
total 500

hugs
Nikki

Yam-Yam 03-02-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darlingnikki (Post 15461187)
DD
B-coffee
L-greek yogurt 33 skinny B 65 vitatop 100 and canteloupe 60 total 260
D- shrimp 100 and zuchini 60 plus pasta sauce 60 total 240
total 500

hugs
Nikki

Nikki: I am always amazed at your stats!!! What an inspiration you are!:jumpjoy::hugs:

Scotty 03-02-2012 12:14 PM

DD-aiming for 341, but my arm is looking mighty tasty...

B-coffee w/ ff hnh
l-6oz cabbage, 1oz shredded carrot, broth, soy sauce and balsamic simmered together, with a laughing cow lite french onion wedge melted in
s-coffee w/ ff hnh
d- fish, maybe salmon, so can't have much, and maybe some spinach.

KathyL 03-02-2012 12:22 PM

Well, I ate breakfast so late that I didn't eat my snack. And I miscalculated some of my lunch calories so I have extra for dinner. I am going to try that dark chocolate from Trader Joe's and have a glass of wine for dessert. I didn't know my wine was so low in calories (127 calories for 5 oz). :)