Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Anybody Doing UD's Saturday and Sunday?

And if so, how is it going? I am in maintainance, and have been having a juggle with my days.
At the moment, life dictates that I really need my UD's to be on the w/e...and also, I can't really have Friday as a dd, as I go to the gym, and do my most vigorous exercise ( I walk the other 5-6 days of the week, fine on Dd's)
So this week and next my week will be:
Dd/md/UD/dd/md/UD/UD
As my UD's are usually not counted, it's hard to estimate daily numbers, but I figure my average will be approx 1700, which is around my maintaince number on the juddd site.
My only goal is to maintain my weight, so if I stay where I am now weight wise, I will consider it a success!
Personally, I like variety, and changing things around a little keeps me interested, and, hopefully keeps my body guessing!
For anyone new to juddd I am certainly not recommending this rotation, but I have been at goal for 4 months now, bouncing between 131 and 135, and want to see if I can keep it up with the new rotation!
Hugs
Jo
X

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2012, 04:45 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
The last few weeks, life's complications have led me to decide to have UD on Friday and Saturday. That might be slowing me down a bit, but as long as I get three good DDs in each week, my weight loss is steady.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:09 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
I don't do UDs on Saturday/Sunday, but I do do them on Friday/Saturday. Friday night is "family movie night" and we have a couple of traditions that just don't work for DDs.. like pizza and drinks. And Saturday is gaming night, and I don't want to be irritable and hungry when we have guests, so I make sure it's an UD. Then Sunday is a DD again.

The nice thing about having a set schedule is that my husband always knows which days are DDs (because he usually cooks dinner) because they pretty much stay the same: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Sundays.

The bad part is that I probably don't lose as quickly as I would if I were doing a true UD/DD rotation. But the flexibility is worth it. If a plan isn't flexible, I end up stretching it until it is... and then it bears no resemblance to itself!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
I'll be moving to that starting in May. Even though I exercise a lot year round I'm still more active in the warmer months so I'm hoping that helps. Let us know how it goes for you.
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I've been doing that most of the time. In maintenance, I've found that as long as I'm strict about doing my DDs, and keeping the calories to 600, I can eat pretty freely on the weekend. I go up a couple of pounds, but come right back down. I've been maintaining easily between 142-145 for a couple of months. I love JUDDD!
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I think this will work well for you, Jo.

I am currently MUDDDg due to life events but I was doing regular JUDDD for about 6 weeks before this, and had my FDs on Sat and Sun usually. So M-W-F were DDs, and T, T, S, S were FDs. Helped me maintain fine.

Let us know how it goes for you.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #7
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
This is my first week sticking to a M/W/F DDs, T/T/S UDs and Sunday MD because this kind of schedule works very well for me! I will know better how it goes when the week is out. The only thing I am watching will be my DD after a MD and seeing if I am hungrier on Monday's regular DD.

I really believe JUDDD is so forgiving that we can move things around to make our lives easier and still have that JUDDD magic we all know and love!!

Last edited by Beeb; 03-02-2012 at 09:24 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote