Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Anybody Doing UD's Saturday and Sunday? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/760578-anybody-doing-uds-saturday-sunday.html)

Joedi 03-02-2012 01:35 AM

Anybody Doing UD's Saturday and Sunday?

And if so, how is it going? I am in maintainance, and have been having a juggle with my days.
At the moment, life dictates that I really need my UD's to be on the w/e...and also, I can't really have Friday as a dd, as I go to the gym, and do my most vigorous exercise ( I walk the other 5-6 days of the week, fine on Dd's)
So this week and next my week will be:
Dd/md/UD/dd/md/UD/UD
As my UD's are usually not counted, it's hard to estimate daily numbers, but I figure my average will be approx 1700, which is around my maintaince number on the juddd site.
My only goal is to maintain my weight, so if I stay where I am now weight wise, I will consider it a success!
Personally, I like variety, and changing things around a little keeps me interested, and, hopefully keeps my body guessing!
For anyone new to juddd I am certainly not recommending this rotation, but I have been at goal for 4 months now, bouncing between 131 and 135, and want to see if I can keep it up with the new rotation!
Hugs
Jo
X

gotsomeold 03-02-2012 05:45 AM

The last few weeks, life's complications have led me to decide to have UD on Friday and Saturday. That might be slowing me down a bit, but as long as I get three good DDs in each week, my weight loss is steady.

synger 03-02-2012 07:09 AM

I don't do UDs on Saturday/Sunday, but I do do them on Friday/Saturday. Friday night is "family movie night" and we have a couple of traditions that just don't work for DDs.. like pizza and drinks. And Saturday is gaming night, and I don't want to be irritable and hungry when we have guests, so I make sure it's an UD. Then Sunday is a DD again.

The nice thing about having a set schedule is that my husband always knows which days are DDs (because he usually cooks dinner) because they pretty much stay the same: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Sundays.

The bad part is that I probably don't lose as quickly as I would if I were doing a true UD/DD rotation. But the flexibility is worth it. If a plan isn't flexible, I end up stretching it until it is... and then it bears no resemblance to itself!

KathyL 03-02-2012 08:56 AM

I'll be moving to that starting in May. Even though I exercise a lot year round I'm still more active in the warmer months so I'm hoping that helps. Let us know how it goes for you.

theredhead 03-02-2012 08:59 AM

I've been doing that most of the time. In maintenance, I've found that as long as I'm strict about doing my DDs, and keeping the calories to 600, I can eat pretty freely on the weekend. I go up a couple of pounds, but come right back down. I've been maintaining easily between 142-145 for a couple of months. I love JUDDD! :D

sophiethecat 03-02-2012 09:04 AM

I think this will work well for you, Jo.

I am currently MUDDDg due to life events but I was doing regular JUDDD for about 6 weeks before this, and had my FDs on Sat and Sun usually. So M-W-F were DDs, and T, T, S, S were FDs. Helped me maintain fine.

Let us know how it goes for you. :hugs:

Beeb 03-02-2012 10:23 AM

This is my first week sticking to a M/W/F DDs, T/T/S UDs and Sunday MD because this kind of schedule works very well for me! I will know better how it goes when the week is out. The only thing I am watching will be my DD after a MD and seeing if I am hungrier on Monday's regular DD.

I really believe JUDDD is so forgiving that we can move things around to make our lives easier and still have that JUDDD magic we all know and love!! :up::clap: