Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kim6980
Stats: 275/180.4
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 10/11/2011 started LC
First Judd day and I fugged it up :(

Well as some may know, I have been on a ketogenic type diet since OCT. Since that diet was 500 cals a day I thought maintaining on JUDD would be a breeze. Well today, 3/1, was my start and it was to be a DD. I did really well all day long. I worked evening shift and had a salad at work....no biggie. Then I get home and hour or so ago, and decide I want to plan tomorrow's meals. I think a OMM sounds delish and want to try to add Waldens peanut spread and some coconut bark to the mix. Well then I decide I MUST try it and make it and then eat it. It WAS delish btw. Then I decide since I messed up my day i might as well eat a serving of custard too. :/ I am full of bright ideas tonight! Well, to make a margarita out of limes I just decided that this was UP and promise to do tomorrow right. I mean, I have a strong willpower and not sure why I succumbed so easily to temptation tonight. And to top it off I ate that stuff while watching Fat Chef.......
Kim6980 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)

Hey Kim, change is interesting, isn't it? Some of us are able to leap into DDs and some of us have to kind of sneak up on them. NBD and it's alright, you made a great start.

I was a little confused. Did you eat to your UD calories and so decide to call JUDDD day one an UD? That is okay. It is also okay if you did not actually eat your UD cals to call day one a learning experience DD and continue the rotation as you planned it.

Either way, you are moving to a new woe. Stumbles happen. On JUDDD, every day is new.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:43 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
You seem to have the right attitude!! good luck with tomorrow's dd!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:33 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Dont beat yourself up just move on, I made a ton of mistakes when I started but still got the health benefits of JUDDD
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:51 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well i am new to JUDDD but.. not a stranger to a lifetime of dieting.. One thing i think we must rember is , this is a life choice.. its not a temp thing.. if we approach it as such and remember that we all have good days and bad days BUT its not the end of the world nor is it the end of our trying... so you messed up... its ok.. just try to remember that the next day is right around the corner and you just start again.. none of us here gained weight over nite.. it took several months or even years to get where we are today and its not going to dissappear over nite.. celebrate the small victorys.. you made it all day!! IMO if stop trying ... thats when we fail...so pick your self backup.. and start again..best of luck today... hugs to you my friend.. and never stop trying!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thanks all!! Nancy, no, I did not eat all my ud cals I am sure. I was just rationalizing in my head!!!! Today is new and I started with my egg white omlette w/ a slice of ham....60 cals. 440 to go...............
Old 03-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 225/225/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 05/05/2014
Don't give up, I messed up my first DD day big time, but yesterday was my second DD and I did it!!

We can do this!!
carla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Awareness is the first step in doing this WOE "right" IMHO. I loved reading your post because it was so honest! You are being honest with yourself and aware of what you are doing. Everyone is right. This is a learning curve and at the beginning there are lots of stumbles. Heck, along the way there are, too! I mean, life happens, right?

Two thoughts come to mind that really have helped me. 1) I was reading in Dr. J's book that research shows the SIRT1 gene (the JUDD magic) begins to activate after fasting from only one meal! Of course, we need to continue to build it up by consistent intermittent fasting. However, even on DDs that get messed up, I tell myself that I did me a bit of good by enduring for most of the day, as you did yesterday.

2) JUDD is very forgiving. You will hear this over and over from JUDD BUDDS. It does not mean that you can blow off your rotation on a regular basis. But, in the beginning and then every now and then, your plan is NOT RUINED if you mess up a bit.

Being kind and understanding towards yourself is what will get you on track and keep you going. No one is perfect!

Success is all about progression; NOT perfection

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #9
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim6980 View Post
Well as some may know, I have been on a ketogenic type diet since OCT. Since that diet was 500 cals a day I thought maintaining on JUDD would be a breeze. Well today, 3/1, was my start and it was to be a DD. I did really well all day long. I worked evening shift and had a salad at work....no biggie. Then I get home and hour or so ago, and decide I want to plan tomorrow's meals. I think a OMM sounds delish and want to try to add Waldens peanut spread and some coconut bark to the mix. Well then I decide I MUST try it and make it and then eat it. It WAS delish btw. Then I decide since I messed up my day i might as well eat a serving of custard too. :/ I am full of bright ideas tonight! Well, to make a margarita out of limes I just decided that this was UP and promise to do tomorrow right. I mean, I have a strong willpower and not sure why I succumbed so easily to temptation tonight. And to top it off I ate that stuff while watching Fat Chef.......
All I can see that may need a tweak is what I put in bold. Your DD really wasn't ruined, you just had that mindset that it was. Change this mindset and I promise you will have an easier go of it.

There is ALWAYS tomorrow on JUDDD and we can always "change" our way of thinking to help the magic to happen! Also, I always suggest a person start on an UD, eating right up to their UD calorie allowance and then do their first DD. It seems to work well that way!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Awareness is the first step in doing this WOE "right" IMHO. I loved reading your post because it was so honest! You are being honest with yourself and aware of what you are doing. Everyone is right. This is a learning curve and at the beginning there are lots of stumbles. Heck, along the way there are, too! I mean, life happens, right?

Two thoughts come to mind that really have helped me. 1) I was reading in Dr. J's book that research shows the SIRT1 gene (the JUDD magic) begins to activate after fasting from only one meal! Of course, we need to continue to build it up by consistent intermittent fasting. However, even on DDs that get messed up, I tell myself that I did me a bit of good by enduring for most of the day, as you did yesterday.

2) JUDD is very forgiving. You will hear this over and over from JUDD BUDDS. It does not mean that you can blow off your rotation on a regular basis. But, in the beginning and then every now and then, your plan is NOT RUINED if you mess up a bit.

Being kind and understanding towards yourself is what will get you on track and keep you going. No one is perfect!

Success is all about progression; NOT perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
All I can see that may need a tweak is what I put in bold. Your DD really wasn't ruined, you just had that mindset that it was. Change this mindset and I promise you will have an easier go of it.

There is ALWAYS tomorrow on JUDDD and we can always "change" our way of thinking to help the magic to happen! Also, I always suggest a person start on an UD, eating right up to their UD calorie allowance and then do their first DD. It seems to work well that way!

Wanted to quote both of these posts, which I liked a lot.

I know you'll do well with JUDDD as you get into it.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Thank you so much, and yes, those are awesome posts!!
Old 03-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
A perspective change that helped me was the down day percentages. I put a sticky on my phone with the 20% 25% 30% 35% amounts. If you need to eat up one level on a down day then you blew nothing, just chose a 35% day instead of 25%. No worries and no failures. It completely eliminates that mindset of a ruined day or allowing ourselves a binge because of that mentality.
For me, at least, that is the very best thing about juddd. Besides the health benefits and fitness imporovement of course
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #13
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
A perspective change that helped me was the down day percentages. I put a sticky on my phone with the 20% 25% 30% 35% amounts. If you need to eat up one level on a down day then you blew nothing, just chose a 35% day instead of 25%. No worries and no failures. It completely eliminates that mindset of a ruined day or allowing ourselves a binge because of that mentality.
For me, at least, that is the very best thing about juddd. Besides the health benefits and fitness imporovement of course
I find this very interesting and a great suggestion! Do you use the different % numbers for both days or just DDs? Meaning if you raise or lower the DD calories with a different % do you do that same % for the following UD after that raised or lowered DD?

Thanks for the info!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:36 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Love that suggestion, Lou! I wasn't as organized as you, but I tried to keep in mind I could go to that higher level on DD if I really needed it. After all, 45% was still considered WLM. It might happen slower that way, but it would still be progress
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote