Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 03:43 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_gal View Post
We are all snowflakes, completely unique. This means that we have unique bodies that respond differently. Low carb never really melted the fat off. It was a VERY slow haul. So I upped to 50-90 carbs/day and I lost weight at the exact same speed. To be honest, it felt like a lot of effort for little gain (or loss as the case may be). So though I initially started LC JUDDD, I quickly slide off that. I eat pretty much any veggie I want (I always had a hard time adjusting to tomatoes and yams are bad - I LOVE them!). But I will never eat rice when cauli-rice is better nutrition and I like it better. The whole family agrees the black bean chocolate cake is better than the real thing. I will forever look at sugar the way I look at alcohol. An unhealthy substance that has to be used in modest amounts.

I do JUDDD the way I balance my budgets, I calculate out the next day and try to stick to it. If I want something off the list, I just remember to adjust by taking removing something else.

Good luck and hope you hang around!
I am so here to stay!! I too have come to the same conclusion that certain foods are just not healthy, and should be avoided or at least restrain from them.. im rather excited today to be down another pound.. i dont feel deprived, and the weird part is that on an DD thats the day i actually feel energized.. as on my UD i feel more sluggish..I am so glad to be here with all of you.. i knew there are people out there with the same struggles as me but finding them was hard.. no one wanted to talk about changes, weight loss etc.. i belive that is why i feel so welcome here.. every one here helps.. suports.. and celebrates each person victorys as well as helps us keep on the :wagon".. so glad i found this site.. this is goin to make a huge difference for me! thank you all for helping me get started as well as keeping me on track!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLowCarbs View Post
:I've been lurking in the shadows for 6mos now, getting great ideas for recipes from other threads, and
finally decided to sign up today basically to share some great recipes I've gathered. My husband and I
Started Atkins together on 9-1-11, in 6 mos we've lost a combined 138 lbs, he's diabetic & OFF 2 daily insulin shots, his 1st diet ever and this is my second & final (now a way of life, that I LOVE) go round with the good Dr. A, 1st time (about 10 yrs ago) I had quit smoking AND lost 50 lbs, then SHTF, my husband died, My 2nd Mother, & my dog Travis Mcgee, I met my current husband, my therapy dog
Meyer died, my Mother died on a hospice bed in my living room, I got married thru all of that I gained the 50 I'd lost and "found" an extra 50 along the way! Finally I woke up & told my spouse "This is it, I'm not about to lose you too, it's time to get healthy and quit the SPORT eating, are you with me?"
Here we are! I have to confess, when I jumped on this evening & started reading about double D's &
UD's (I thought someone had left the I off of IUD) then the JUDD's (I'm wondering what Wynonna &
Ashley had to do with the lowcarb way of life and why was everyone so obsessed with bra size & birth
control???) I had never heard of Johnson and the up days down days, now I am sitting here LMAO, but so intrigued I'm be GOT to get that book!! We were walking 1/2 mile daily & a couple weeks ago
stepped it up to 1 mile/day, feel as though we both should have lost more weight, no other changes,
must be the famous "stall" Now I can't wait to read the book and experience what ya'll have been
going on about, so much GREAT info. It feels great not to be lurking in the shadows and share my
Fauxpau with you all, hope you enjoy the same chuckle I had!
Thanks for the new info & intrique! Till next time,
CU
Lori
I'm chuckling along with you! So glad you came out of lurkdom, Lori! Whew, you've been through a lot - you're very strong. to JUDDD.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:27 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Lori! I am so glad you ripped off the mask and screamed "What the heck are you people DOING?!?!!?"

Please accept my sympathies for the nightmare your life became. I hope the world is settling down for you.

Kimberly, I agree. I have read other forums. But the ones I found just don't have the je ne sais quoi that bubbles and perks with around here.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LoveLowCarbs
Stats: 5'6"&265/212/just less!
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/1/2011
Thank-you both for the warm welcome! Everyone here is so nice! I'm glad I came out of the closet,
I'm also disabled & all the comments. Are just icing on the lowcarb cake!
I really don't know what I'm doing with the threads, so all the help I can get will. Be GREAT!
Thanks for welcome! I'm glad I'm a new member of such a GREAT family!
Will be sharing my tweeked version of a famous Chefs flourless chocolatecake, it is out of
this world!!!
Have a great day!
LoveLowCarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLowCarbs View Post
Thank-you both for the warm welcome! Everyone here is so nice! I'm glad I came out of the closet,
I'm also disabled & all the comments. Are just icing on the lowcarb cake!
I really don't know what I'm doing with the threads, so all the help I can get will. Be GREAT!
Thanks for welcome! I'm glad I'm a new member of such a GREAT family!
Will be sharing my tweeked version of a famous Chefs flourless chocolatecake, it is out of
this world!!!
Have a great day!
.. it is an awsome family here aint it.. welcome my JUDDD BUD!!look forward to your cake receipe..yummm
Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #66
Junior LCF Member

Aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhh, I just spent the last TWO hours typing the detailed recipe for the chocolate cake, was finished and just adding the last of a couple good products I had found, then my battery
Went DEAD and I lost it all (just yesterday I signed up for erasing all of my history, so everything I
research is immediately destroyed) I am plugged in charging right now and typing this on my knees!
I will repeat tomorrow, I promise! In the mean time you may want to pick up 2 RUSSEL STOVERS
candy BARS SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE my favorite is the dark chocolate (don't know how other flavors turn out, never tried them) also plain old fashioned Hershey's cocoa powder, splenda, eggs and good ole butter, cooking spray (not olive oil) & parchment paper, heavy whipping cream and raspberries for garnish & extra flavor. TRUST ME THIS IS CLOSE TO ******IC, YOU WON' T BE DISAPPOINTED & OH
SO EASY,the original was by a famous chef.
chocolate bars can be found at Walgreen's drugstores
CU
before I lose this too!!
Old 03-07-2012, 04:36 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

yumm already.. and its not even in recipie form lol... i look forward to see it, and eating it!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #68
Junior LCF Member

Ok, on desktop now, no battery to die. Here's the OUT OF THIS WORLD
CHOCOLATE CAKE by famous chef that I've tweaked to be low carb........
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE:
Ingredients
nonstick butter spray (can be any flavor, just not olive oil)
4 ounces sugar free chocolate, chopped ( I found Walgreen's drugstores has Russel Stovers sugar free chocolate bars under $3, buy 2 or 3, I've only used dark chocolate which is our favorite, don't know how other flavors turn out. they are about the size of a cadbury bar only much thinner)
1 stick COLD butter, cut up
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
slightly heaping 1/2 cup of Splenda
1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted (just plain old fashioned Hershery's cocoa)
3 eggs, beaten
parchment paper (small 8-inch circle, just trace the bottom of your cakepan)
CHOCOLATE GANACHE, recipe follows at end
Raspberries, garnish
heavy cream, for whipped cream topping

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray, then line bottom with parchment paper (don't skip this step)
Put 1 1/2 bars of the broken up candy bar (save the rest, you'll need it later)
the butter & vanilla in a large bowl over a smaller pot of boiling water (for
those of you who have a double boiler, you know what to do). Stir the mix
frequently until combined & smooth. Remove chocolate mix from heat and put the bowl into an "icebath" (just a larger bowl with a little ice and water)
(DON'T GET ANY WATER IN YOUR CHOCOLATE MIXTURE)to cool the choc. THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT SO THE EGGS WILL NOT "COOK" WHEN ADDED TO THE CHOCOLATE!
Mix in the splenda & cocoa powder. Stir in the beaten eggs & pour into the prepared cake pan. Put the cake pan on a sheet tray and put in preheated oven & bake 20-25 minutes.
Remove cake from oven & invert (turn upside down) over the cake plate you will be serving or storing it on.(you may want to put a piece of parchment paper on this plate, just so it doesn't stick)
Must cool 10 at least 10 minutes before serving!
I let it cool entirely, cut into 8 equal servings. When we are ready for dessert
I prepare the CHOCOLATE GANACHE & WHIPPED CREAM each time.
For two servings I take two of the choc. bar "squares" (this is why you need to save the extra chocolate instead of eating it up, I know it's hard not to but, you'll be sorry if you don't save it)) break them up in microsafe dish (I use a small gravy boat) add a splash of heavy cream and nuke in 10-20 second intervals stirring each time until you get a creamy smooth sauce. I whip heavy cream with a little splenda, to taste, for my whipped cream topping (do this before making ganache and let set in fridge) making this to far in advance you end up with runny whipped cream, don't do it!
For each serving I put a slice on a dessert plate poke lots of holes in it for
ganache to soak in, top with whipped cream and garnish with raspberries.
For a party presentation, don't cut cake, poke holes throughout & cover with ganache (8 servings, use 1 whole chocolate bar and more cream) pile on the whipped cream and garnish all over with raspberries, quite the presentation and trust me your friends will say " I thought you were on a diet, what are you going to do "blow it"????
VIOLA, YOU ARE A ROCK STAR!!!!!!!!

Now for a BONUS:
for the BEST BROWNIES, I just add toasted walnuts, pecans or your favorite,
follow same instructions but, bake in a SQUARE pan and the cut into squares after cooling. DO NOT MAKE OR USE GANACHE FOR BROWNIES,JUST SERVE PLAIN (no ganache, whipped cream, or raspberries makes this cheaper but do
I was tired of seeing flourless cakes made in a coffee mug and cooked in the microwave, frankly they just looked nasty and "DIET" makeshift, I wanted the real thing. So with alot of research and a little experimentation, I think we have a winner!!!!!

To all, ENJOY and think of me with every bite.
PS I have more great lowcarb recipes up my sleeve, friends say I should write a cookbook. To give credit where credit is due, that is how I found lowcarbfriends, looking for recipes, I've found and tweaked many, so thanks to you all!!!!!!

Since I haven't read the JUDDD book and not yet on the plan, I'll leave this thread until I'm more in tune with what you all are talking about and can contribute more, but I did promise the cake!

CU
Lori
Old 03-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Thank you, Lori!! It's making my mouth water just reading it! Thanks for taking the time and effort to give this to us!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Thank you, Lori!! It's making my mouth water just reading it! Thanks for taking the time and effort to give this to us!
oh lori!!!! im on a DD today so this was quit the tempting post.. but... i am goin to make this up and ill think of you with every lil morsel.. thanks girl!!
Old 03-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #71
Junior LCF Member

OK since that went over so well, I'll post another later, this one is a savory dinner from one of
my favorite places in th US. NEW ORLEANS!!!!! SHRIMP AND "MOCK" GRITS it is one of my favorite out of this world dishes made with chorizo.
You can host a dinner party for even your "normal" friends and they will beg you for your "secret"
recipes never even suspecting that it's "diet food"
I forgot the post that I "lost" last night I was sharing 2 fabulous products I found at the "big box store"
BJ's............
Joseph's Pita Bread 60 calories & 4 carb $2.99 for 8 pitas
Joseph's Lavash Bread 50 calories & 4 carb (they are really big & that's for 1/2 which is normal size for a wrap $3.69 for 16 wraps
they are also healthy, made from flax, oat bran & whole wheat
the results are endless; BLT'S, PASTRAMI, REAL CHEESEBURGER SANDWICHES (I make 1 large cheese
burger put between two whole pitas dress it then cut in half for my husband & myself, along with deepfat double fried turnips (French fries) HA, this is a diet???!!! No, it's a way of life and
WE LOVE IT!!!!!!!
Love sharing my finds!!!!!

CU
Lori