Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Willpower (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/760429-willpower.html)

carla70 03-01-2012 06:41 AM

Willpower

Today is my 4th day on JUDDD and second DD. My first one I went way over, so this one I am tracking really close. I knew I went over on first DD and it was my fault. However, today where I work, as a "thank you" for helping one of our staff, she brought in two large chocolate frosted special k bars. Willpower to not eat them. I really am working hard to stay under the 500 mark. So far I love the "freedom" of JUDDD and knowing I am losing and feel good. I have been tracking everything on ***.

Am I right that with JUDDD I could have one tomorrow? Counting the calories of course.

KeirasMom 03-01-2012 06:42 AM

You may absolutely have one tomorrow!

carla70 03-01-2012 06:56 AM

:jumpjoy:

Jbinme 03-01-2012 07:11 AM

That's one of the things I love about JUDDD. When there's something you want really bad and it's a down day, just remind yourself you can always have it tomorrow!

juddinminime 03-01-2012 07:26 AM

:jumpjoy:Same here fourth day and today is DD.:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

carla70 03-01-2012 07:55 AM

Joflora - I weigh a little more than you but same height. Cool we started both the same day. Good Luck to you!!

Looking forward to losing with you on JUDDD

carla70 03-01-2012 08:21 AM

ok, now my husband wants to go out for supper before we go to a basketball game. Places to choose from are Arbys, Subway or Taco Johns... oh jeez.. challenges today.

Mommie22boys 03-01-2012 08:38 AM

I vote for Subway. Go online and look up the lowest cal options there. I might choose a sub, no cheese or mayo, and top it with their sweet onion sauce. You might be able to find a low-cal soup there that would keep you w/in your calorie limit for the day.

You can totally do this. Just keep reminding yourself that you want to make today a successful DD. The DDs are the *diet* part of the plan...keep telling yourself that. There will be plenty of other opportunities for the rest of your life to eat all the other yummy Subway choices that are available. Today is just not one of them.

And...if the treat at work today looks yummy, grab a piece and set it aside for yourself for tomorrow. ;)

Mommie22boys 03-01-2012 08:40 AM

...of course, you could ask DH if you could just skip the dinner out tonight. :)

AsmallerME 03-01-2012 08:42 AM

Carla - Maybe let your husband pick the restaurant and just don't eat - sit and sip a diet soda and eat something before hand. I try to avoid restaurants on my dds. GL!

juddinminime 03-01-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carla70 (Post 15457564)
Joflora - I weigh a little more than you but same height. Cool we started both the same day. Good Luck to you!!

Looking forward to losing with you on JUDDD

Ty and Good Luck to you too!!!
We can do this its easy peasy~
Have you lost any weight yet?
Ive lost 1lb after my first DD:up:
Starting JUDDD induction style, coming off of straight induction w/low calories.

carla70 03-01-2012 09:14 AM

I haven't checked since my monday morning weigh in. Haven't peaked yet which is unusual for me. TOM also started yesterday. Jo, you have done great off to a good start.

I am thinking I will have enough calories to get something at Subway. I can do this and I will. I am determined. I have looked up and get a salad within my limits or soup. Even Arby's has soup within the points I have left over.

I put the treat in a baggie in my desk for tomorrow.

:D

2BoysMom 03-01-2012 09:43 AM

Subway will do any of their sandwiches as salads and you end up with really minimal calories if you pick right - they are actually really easy to do on a down day! Just pick lots of veggies, some turkey or ham, skip the cheese (and I have even been known to take my own dressing).

Easy breezy!! Enjoy your salad and your night out!

Beeb 03-01-2012 09:52 AM

Yes, you can certainly have one tomorrow! Go grab one, wrap it up, bring it home, put it in a place of honor for a wonderful UD snack tomorrow!! :jumpjoy:

gotsomeold 03-01-2012 11:40 AM

Chocolate tomorrow, eating out DD style today. Yep, you have jumped right in.

BRAVO to everyone going through figuring out rotation!!! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Good things are already happening!!

KeirasMom 03-01-2012 11:43 AM

Subway and Wendy's are my go-tos for DDs. It was already mentioned that you can get any sandwich made into a salad. I do that and have them put vinegar (no oil) on it for dressing. You can have a nice sized salad for under 200 calories.

My favorite, though, is Wendy's. I get their small chili for 210 calories and add 2 packets of their chili seasoning (5 calories each). It's really, really filling.

SoHappy 03-01-2012 02:41 PM

Oh, yeah, Carla. You take that little K bar home with you and save it for tomorrow! Nothing is off limits to you now. At the most you just need to wait a few hours so that you're into your UD instead of still in your DD. And that's all there is to it!

Sure glad you're here with us. You're going to LOVE it, and I sure do look forward to reading all your successes posted here.

:welcome:

carla70 03-01-2012 07:05 PM

Thank you Pat and everyone else!

My first successful DD so far. We ended up not going out and got home at about 8:30 so just had a glass of Diet Cranberry Juice for supper. Didn't want to eat that late.

I am doing Couch 25k also and I am doing that on my UD days. It recommends three times a week but I am trying to do it every other day. I repeat a lot of days.

So far I LOVE JUDDD... now going to look at recipes ... :D

Spank'd 03-02-2012 06:33 PM

Yeah, my hubby knows the drill. He can wait 24 hours, and enjoy the meal, or go out by himself. I won't compromise my diet, and he's excited for me that it's working.

My friends are doing the same thing... "Is this an eating day?" is a question I've been getting when they schedule plans to include me. It's rather sweet.

juddinminime 03-05-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carla70 (Post 15457861)
I haven't checked since my monday morning weigh in. Haven't peaked yet which is unusual for me. TOM also started yesterday. Jo, you have done great off to a good start.
I am thinking I will have enough calories to get something at Subway. I can do this and I will. I am determined. I have looked up and get a salad within my limits or soup. Even Arby's has soup within the points I have left over.
I put the treat in a baggie in my desk for tomorrow.
:D

I dont blame you for not checking w/TOM.
Down 2lbs. now:jumpjoy: I am thinking this is the way to go!
Sounds as if your doing great too! I cant wait to see how much you have lost.