Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
Week 3

Last Tuesday started by third week of JUDDD.

The first week was rough--could not fathom 500 calories days, much less the 302 I got from the calculator, so started with a 750/1600 split and on the DD, drank a bunch of whey shakes to mitigate hunger so I could eat a "real" meal at night. I lost 2 pounds.

Second week, I got into the swing of things and went more for 500/1500. DD got much easier and I rarely used the whey shake, instead, usually eating one meal as soon as I could after work. If I was hungry during the day, maybe a hard boiled egg. I lost a little over a pound.

Then the third week. My first DD, I had almost 900 calories. UD of about 1200 the next day. So by the third day, I was determined to get back on track and have a real 500 calorie DD. No! I was starving all day and ate 1000 cals! This was getting ridiculous, so on next day ended up at 1800, then finally managed to pull it together and did the last three days on a normal rotation of 500/1500.

Needless to say, I did not expect any loss at the end of week 3. Even weirder, my weight for the first six days of the week was exactly 129.6 every day, no fluctuation at all. Just weird, that has never happened to me before. On weigh day, turns out I actually lost exactly a pound!

Today is the start of week 4, and I am excited to see what happens.
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mom22boys
Stats: 147/124.6/118 5'2"
WOE: Juddd & Low Carb
Start Date: Started Juddd 2/1/12
Sounds great!!! Good luck
mom22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
and nice to meet you and see you have been doing JUDDD for a bit already.

I have found in my 7 months of doing this wonderful WOE that if I don't eat all of or up to my UD calories my DDs are not fun! And I have just found out that if I don't eat up to or right on the mark for my DD calories my UDs are a lot hungier than I would like and I tend to eat more than I want.

Then and now I do 700/750 DDs and 1700/1750 UDs, which are pretty close to the numbers I started with and which helped me get that JUDDD magic and lose my weight.

HTH

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Glad to have you with us here! Sounds like you've got off to a pretty successful start. It's usually not really easy to do low DDs right off the bat, although some folks don't have nearly the trouble I did at the beginning.

Most of us have found that doing our UDs at about the number given us by the JUDDD calculator seems to really fuel us and prepare us for the following DD and help us get through it more comfortably.

And, then too.. after awhile we find out how to do our Down Days so that they are the very easiest and even quite pleasant for us. So some have to eat three meals a day. Many of us find that the longer we put off eating, the better.. because once we eat that first small meal, we're hungry from then on. So many of us fast until at least midday and some until the evening meal.

Some swear by protein on their DDs, saying that it helps keep them feeling full(er) while others swear by heaps and piles and tons of low calorie vegetables, as that mass fills their stomachs and keeps them happily full.

But overall, it just takes a bit of time to get it all working smoothly, and then it's easy, and you are already doing well, so I think you are going to *shine* at this!

Glad you're here.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have found in my 7 months of doing this wonderful WOE that if I don't eat all of or up to my UD calories my DDs are not fun! And I have just found out that if I don't eat up to or right on the mark for my DD calories my UDs are a lot hungier than I would like and I tend to eat more than I want.
That's what I was thinking happened. When I overate on a DD, I wasn't really hungry the next day, so my cals were low, then on the next DD--I was starving. I notice that (with the exception of my few messed up days), I am not super hungry on a DD--I actually prefer them to UD! It isn't always easy to eat the UD calories, but I realize I need to for the sake of the next DD and so that my overall count does not get so low that my body always thinks I'm starving it--that would kinda defeat the purpose of JUDDD! But I definitely note the appetite suppression, and am relieved and find it interesting.

In a side note, I stopped snacking several months ago. What is happening now is a new element in my relationship with food as I realize on those DDs that just because I think I'm hungry for that minute, I usually am not really and am more aware of what "hungry" is really all about. I think that's what my real challenge is about the UD.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Some swear by protein on their DDs, saying that it helps keep them feeling full(er)
My DD is pretty much totally protein now--a little fat if I have the calories left.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Welcome fellow slow starter!

Isn't this the most amazing journey?

If you are getting appetite suppression, the scale should get more and more interesting.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:00 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I am so close to goal, so my biggest fear is that I will get greedy in my mind and think this is going to be quick loss. I am trying to cultivate an attitude that any loss in a week is good, because the days over losing 2 or more pounds a week are long gone for me.

Really glad to see a DD today.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:10 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Agree. Whatever it is, if it moves in the right direction it is oh, so good.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #10

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Off to a good start.

You have the right attitude as you approach goal. As you rightly say weight loss does slow down then, though JUDDD has the odd surprise up its sleeve sometimes.

Lovely to have you posting.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

I am happy to finally commit to JUDDD and to finally stop lurking this forum!
Old 03-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #12

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lianora Mosswood View Post
I am happy to finally commit to JUDDD and to finally stop lurking this forum!
I know on a site like LCF the focus always seems to be on weight loss. That's understandable. But the more we see the results of fasting, the more thankful we are for this particular plan. I believe you will love it as much as we do.

SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote