Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   That ole JUDDD magic.... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/760216-ole-juddd-magic.html)

Scotty 02-29-2012 12:39 PM

That ole JUDDD magic....

...may just have kicked in today.

For the first time in 6 weeks, I am not head achey (too much) or terrifically hungry. I am at 150 cals, and plan to end up at 341 (my target) or below.

I had an awful UD on Sunday, and am up 2 pounds :o :stars:, but have been doing well otherwise.

UDs continue to be a challenge-I get to 1700 cals so quickly- :laugh:, and DDs are a bit boring, since I haven't yet found the low calorie, filling solution, but at least I am not leering lovingly at my left arm on the DDs....:D

Thanks, all, for your help and support, and if you have something wonderful other than the cabbage thing for DDs, which I have been using, I sure would appreciate it. (don't like salads, but love veggies-big protein eater)

Jbinme 02-29-2012 01:13 PM

That is great! And great job sticking with it even when it's hard. I just had an artichoke for lunch and dipped it in a laughing cow cheese wedge. I like it better dipped in some mayo but today is a dd.

gotitnow 02-29-2012 01:46 PM

Hey fellow JUDDD BUD!!! One thing I enjoy on a DD is making a "hot dog" using 1 slice Natures Own 40 cal bread, plenty 0 cal mustard, and a Hebrew Natl. 97% ff beef frank for 40 cals. So satisfying for only 80 calories! and depending on cal allowance sometimes add 2 or 3 sm dill pickles (5 cals) and 1/2 an apple (40 cals) for a grand total of 125 cals!! :clap: Keep your limbs in tact!! Nobody said it would cost an arm or a leg to do DDs did they?!!!:rofl: Soooooo know what you mean about getting bored though!!

Phyllis

b_lou_who 02-29-2012 01:54 PM

are you interested in soups?
I make a version of Olive Garden's zuppa toscana
with ground turkey breast
red pepper flakes, down days make me crave spicy but add to suit your taste
small amount diced onion (you can grate some onion in to cook even faster)
brown together, add low cal chicken stock (organic better than bouillon is easy with water) salt and pepper to suit you
a quarter cup almond milk to milky up the broth
handful fresh kale torn into bite size pieces goes in just a minute before serving
quick and easy to make in a saucepot and leftovers are good too

or the fish tostada recipe I posted in the DD recipe sticky

KeirasMom 02-29-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotitnow (Post 15455514)
Hey fellow JUDDD BUD!!! One thing I enjoy on a DD is making a "hot dog" using 1 slice Natures Own 40 cal bread, plenty 0 cal mustard, and a Hebrew Natl. 97% ff beef frank for 40 cals. So satisfying for only 80 calories! and depending on cal allowance sometimes add 2 or 3 sm dill pickles (5 cals) and 1/2 an apple (40 cals) for a grand total of 125 cals!! :clap: Keep your limbs in tact!! Nobody said it would cost an arm or a leg to do DDs did they?!!!:rofl: Soooooo know what you mean about getting bored though!!

Phyllis

If I lost an arm and a leg, how much less would I weigh? :confused:
Sorry, I'm totally visual and had to go there! :doh:

gotsomeold 02-29-2012 02:56 PM

Oh that is wonderful news! :jumpjoy: Some of us do get to feel the magic kick in. I remember I loved, loved, loved that feeling.

Scotty 02-29-2012 03:02 PM

Jbin great idea on the artichoke! They are filling and yummy-even more so with hollandaise, which I just happened to have made and frozen.... (for an UD)

gotit good idea about the hot dog, but how close does it come in flavor to a "real" dog. Although how bad could a Hebrew nat'l be...

b_lou I like soup, but always wonder if the liquid will fill me up, then go away quick....

It's like me and salads. When I have one I feel like saying, "yeah, that was pretty good-Now what's for lunch?? :hyst:

Keira'smom and don't think that thought hasn't crossed my mind, too!

Nancy It's not like I'm not hungry, now, at 6:00pm, but I'm not famished, and tomorrow I will be no more hungry than on a "regular" day. So things are good...

already gearing up for tomorrow's UD-a sandwich for lunch and a real burger with a BUN for dinner!!

And looking forward to Saturday when we are going to a local community theatre, and after 20 years in the area, finally going to an eatery, Shady Glen, for their famous cheeseburger. They have been on Travel Channel and Food Network. Yum. (yes, I am a burger lover...)

gotsomeold 03-01-2012 02:32 AM

mmmmm a really good burger! Tomorrow is UD.........:yummy:

SoHappy 03-01-2012 03:43 AM

Yup. Sounds like you're getting into the swing of things for sure. Keep up the good work. :clap:

Scotty 03-01-2012 09:31 AM

I am back down one of the two pounds I gained...
I deserved one of them, but not the other!!:laugh:

I am enjoying my grilled chix breast on lite rye bread with lite mayo and cukes. Tastes like not on a diet, although I'd prefer "real" bread, but I will take this, that's for sure!