Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 07:35 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Yes a cruise thread would be great! I'd love to do the Alaska one but we need to save a lot first! May 12th we are taking the ferry to France and that's the closest I'll get to a cruise this year but we are taking the car and after spending a week in a holiday cottage with my sister we will drive onto Holland to the inlaws for 2 weeks. So May is also my goal month!

WOW 2.8lbs loss is amazing and over the weekend I ate so much I'm not hungry today. Did you exercise Gates? I keep saying I will but I'm too tired lately but summer time is coming this month and I hope to go for walks in the evening. I'm being lazy today and enjoying it
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
this is my 9th cruise and i'm ecstatic to say i'm going Allure of the Seas, I'm a huge Royal Carribean fan and just can't wait to get on the biggest ship on Earth! we're going to places i've been but i just want to get on the ship! Cozumel; Falmouth Jamaica and Labadee, Haiti.....i've been to Alaska on Serenade and highly recommend doing the dog sledding on a glacier it's a bit pricey but truly once in a lifetime experience!

i loved the short time we spent in France...i'd love to go to Holland! AND Ireland...they are def on my list!!!

i too am DD and we went to don pablo's yesterday for tacos and margaritas....i over did it a bit too....not too hungry today either!!

Feb 1: 190 ---> 193.8
March 1: 185 -> 188.0
April 1: 180 --> 184.8
May 1: 175 --> 178.2
June 1: 170
.......-5/month until my birthday in
DECEMBER: 140

Last edited by mayleesa; 03-05-2012 at 08:24 AM..
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Maylessa how cool I'd love to go on that ship. My OH and myself went on the Freedom of the seas for our honeymoon and did almost the exact cruise you are going on, I swam with dolphins in Cozumel it was a dream come true and the trip of a lifetime. My only regret is that I was 3 stone heavier then I am now and thats how I look on my wedding photos, I wish I could do it all now!!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:52 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Well yesterday was a DD but turned into an UD so today is a DD and it works out better this way as I have no time to eat dinner today anyway and would like a cookie at my art club meeting tomorrow. I have a meal bar to eat and must think of something else to eat as well because even though I think it's great to almost fast today I wont feel like that this evening!!

We have decided to close our shop for a month or 2 we need to move and don't have the money to move. I'm very sad about it but it's the right thing to do. I have learned a lot in the past 7 months and feel I will be wiser when we reopen but still
Old 03-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Oh Majella I am so sorry! Closing the shop sounds like the wisest and right thing to do ... you had so many complications to deal with in such a short time. But the right thing is not always the happiest.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.2/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers/T-tapp
Start Date: November 2013
Gain 1lbs after a UD and my calories are getting lower so that's all good..

Majella...i want to exercise but i don't, i used to do something everyday,but i guess i've got tired of it...for a couple of years...

So sorry about the business...it will pick up with time but i think it was wise to close shop for now...
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:55 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys I do feel so relieved about everything and I'm glad to have a break for a while. The other shop needs work doing to it which the landlord is doing so that's what I will tell people about the closure.

Had an ok DD yesterday and going to keep this UD to 1500 calories and maybe do some exercise, maybe
Old 03-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My DD yesterday was great...had only 554 calories...a loss of 1.8 overnight.....today i'm going to enjoy some bread.. my bread but not overdo it..

Exercising....i'll think about it...
Old 03-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Enjoy your bread your in the zone!!! I did good today as well but I didn't drink enough so I'll catch up on that tomorrow
Old 03-08-2012, 03:02 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

I think I'm turning this thread into a diary, hope no one minds!

I stayed within my 1500 calorie limit yesterday I woke up last night at 3am turned over and my stomach made the biggest longest growl ever, even Mika (my cat) sat up and looked around one of the reasons I didnt eat much yesterday is my huge argument with my husband about the business. He thinks I am not able to do the job and that I shouldnt restart it I know I stress myself out and get headaches but it doesnt mean I am failing, one sign of weakness and he thinks I'm giving up. He has no idea the pressure that puts on me and how judged I feel. I am going back to therepy while the shop is closed becasue I'm not very assertive and I want to be more sure of myself. I hate his all or nothing attitude. Wow he has pissed me off!!!

BUT on a better note a miracle happened yesterday. I was telling my mother how we had to close but didnt have the money for a deposit to reopen anytime soon and a few hours later she offered me the money I never asked and have never asked my parents for money. I feel guilty taking it and will repay it even though she said I dont have to but I am too proud to not repay it. Still I'm not reopening until June, I want to save more money for the business, restructure it and I need to work on myself. That and we have a 3 week holiday booked for May. If the landlord lets us in earlier for free I'll open of course but from next wednesday onwards the shop will be closed. So thats my rant for the day
Old 03-08-2012, 04:41 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What great news! You Mother is very generous and caring. And, that holiday you have planned sounds like fun - time away you and DH need and deserve.

It sounds like your DH is concerned about the stress the biz causes you. Stress you recognize but want to deal with (your beautiful art work deserves to be shared with the world.) I think seeking counseling is a great idea! I have done that myself a few times when life was too complex and I could not see the way clearly.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:28 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Nancy, I feel so sad packing everything up even though we will reopen I am feeling like maybe I was dreaming to think I could do all this. I do need to talk to someone outside my life I feel like there is something I cant see. A few good nights sleep will help as well. DH is going to ring the phone and electricty tomorrow to sort it out, we took a year contract so will have to pay something each month but dont know what yet.

Anyway my DD is going ok but will not be able to keep it at 500 calories think I'll end up around 750, I'd love to see another loss on the scales tomorrow so I'm drink loads as well
Old 03-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Went to my saturday on a DD...that was hard had only 571 calories...week-ends are very hard to control...but i'm doing it...

Let's have a great week ladies...
Old 03-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Well my weekend went badly. Went to visit my parents Friday and my father is very ill, it gave me quiet a shock to see him so confused and lost. I cried all the way home and just went on a binge for myself with no thought whatsoever. I'm going to do a DD tomorrow and try to gain some control.I'm going to visit my parents more often and spend more time with them. I didn't realize how lonely they are.

Gates you are doing great!! Good job and hope your weekend went well
Old 03-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Majella - I am so sorry that you are having to face illness with your father. I no longer have my parents and it has been many years since I went through the same thing and it is not easy.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janj
Stats: 150/139/133 (5' 6.5")52 years old
WOE: LC
Start Date: May 2003
Majella,
I'm very sorry that your Dad is so ill. It must have been a big shock for you
Difficult as it must be to pack up the shop at the moment, perhaps the upside will be more time to spend with your parents?
My parents are all the way over in England and I've decided I need to spend as much time as possible over there while I still have them
Hoping you have a better week ahead.
Hugs.
janj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #47
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Majella, I am so sad to hear about your Dad. Big hugs to you.

I think the break from the shop may be a blessing in disguise. Your work is lovely but it is important to have the infrastructure right. I am so pleased that your Mother is offering to help you. What a lovely gesture.

KUTGW.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
So sorry to hear of your Dad's illness, Majella. Hoping for improved health for him in the days to come! And it's great if you can spend time with your parents. I'm sure they would love this and it would be beneficial for all of you.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #49
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
So sorry you're having to deal with this. I'm thinking of you.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Majella......positive thoughts and prayers for you and your family concerning your dad, your business, and continued success with JUDDD. I have a feeling you will not give up on any of it!

Phyllis
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone your all so kind

I feel much better today and I'm defiantly going to spend more time with my parents. I'm going to get my driving lessons underway asap. I went for a 30min walk today and I forgot how good that makes me feel. I'm on a DD and it's going well. I downloaded this e-book about running for people who don't like running lol and it's got some good tips like running up the stairs and walking back down 5 times in a row. She says doing this for 5 minutes 5 times a week for 2 weeks you'll have lost at least 5lbs of fat, So I'll give this a go but I can see my dog doing it too as she loves it when we run lol!! I feel in control again and ready to burn some fat!!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majella View Post
Well my weekend went badly. Went to visit my parents Friday and my father is very ill, it gave me quiet a shock to see him so confused and lost. I cried all the way home and just went on a binge for myself with no thought whatsoever. I'm going to do a DD tomorrow and try to gain some control.I'm going to visit my parents more often and spend more time with them. I didn't realize how lonely they are.

Gates you are doing great!! Good job and hope your weekend went well

I know what you mean...my mom was just diagnosed with alzeimers...and it's hard to see her like that...but the hardest is she seem to have lost her zest for life...so it is hard but you can't get yourself unhealthy it won't help them if you get sick..hang in there,try to find the positive..

Went on a 1 hour walk this morning,i'm also on a DD..and it felt great...

Last edited by mommy_gates; 03-12-2012 at 10:01 AM..
Old 03-13-2012, 04:32 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Aww Gates sorry to hear that it's such a shock even though my father has been unwell for a while I always thought he will get stronger, walk and drive again. I do hope he gets stronger and walk but not expecting a miracle. I am not trying to lose weight at the moment. I've decided to wait for a week or so to sort myself out and then get at it. The way I feel at the moment is blllaaa and all I want to do is go home into bed and hibernate for a few months I'm packing up my studio now and never realised how much stuff I have in here, no wonder I could never find anything!!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Aww Gates sorry to hear that it's such a shock even though my father has been unwell for a while I always thought he will get stronger, walk and drive again. I do hope he gets stronger and walk but not expecting a miracle. I am not trying to lose weight at the moment. I've decided to wait for a week or so to sort myself out and then get at it. The way I feel at the moment is blllaaa and all I want to do is go home into bed and hibernate for a few months I'm packing up my studio now and never realised how much stuff I have in here, no wonder I could never find anything!!

Hangin there,things will look better in a couple of weeks...
Old 03-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, can you believe I slept until 3.15pm today!! I woke up at 9.30 went back to sleep and didn't budge until 3.15!!! I am going to attempt a DD tomorrow and get myself back on track
Old 03-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks, can you believe I slept until 3.15pm today!! I woke up at 9.30 went back to sleep and didn't budge until 3.15!!! I am going to attempt a DD tomorrow and get myself back on track

You probably needed it...good luck on your DD...
Old 03-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is one of those times when family and business emergencies overlap. Take care of yourself. I am holding you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys! Yes it's hard because I feel like I'm going to get the call any minute now that my dad has passed on. But I'm doing ok today not eaten too much and not feeling too hungry. I'm not going right down to 500 calories yet because I dont want another migraine.

I am in a bit of a daze today though but I did manage to run up and down the stairs 5 times, it's not as easy as it sounds!! We are moving shop tomorrow and that will be a lot of work so I'm hoping to take advantage of that to lose some weight. I'll be so happy when this weekend is over
Old 03-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hugs for you during this draining, rough time, Majella!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Sophie and Happy St Patricks Day to everyone!