Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   it's wednesday, what are you eating ? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/760135-its-wednesday-what-you-eating.html)

annieS 02-29-2012 01:50 AM

it's wednesday, what are you eating ?

DD here, 10 am and I'm so hungry... time for tea !

B =x
L = chinese cabage with gingery sauce
D = soup & yogurt
S = a protein shake before my zumba class

enjoy your 29th feb ladies, we only get to meet this one once in 4 years ;)

giggles4me 02-29-2012 04:56 AM

UD for me. First one after having stomach flu over the weekend.

B: breakfast sandwich, egg, cheese, sausage type
L: ?
D: Hamburger without the bun and some type of Veg

Alcestis 02-29-2012 06:12 AM

UD (subject to change!)

B: 2 eggs, 1T pb (240)

L: bread roll (200), butter (80), liverwurst (100) This isn't what I really want for lunch, but it might be all I can get today.

D: chicken divan (800)

S: fig newtons (120), Nilla wafers (110) Swiss Miss (160)

Dottie 02-29-2012 06:18 AM

DD

B: Coffee w/almond milk
D: glucomannan shake (crystal light, a little almond milk, water, ice, gluc)
S: chicken breast, pizza sauce, zucchini noodles, sprinkle of parmesan; fresh spinach with spritzer dressing

Under 400 calories, so some room for cucumber or bell pepper and ff sour cream/salsa mix if I get the munchies

KeirasMom 02-29-2012 06:36 AM

UD

B: May skip, or may have chocolate Oikos yogurt
L: 1/2 Fresh and Easy turkey, cranberry, almond salad (left over from yesterday) and a Lean Cuisine
D: Spaghetti Factory!

DH is going to be in L.A., so Keira wants to go to the Spaghetti Factory for dinner. I'm in the same boat as you Vicky. Pretty sure I'll have whole wheat spaghetti with brown butter and mizythra. Really carby and lowish protein, but oh so yummy.

sophiethecat 02-29-2012 07:26 AM

Love your new pic, Dawn! :)

FD today.

B
-Irish B'fast tea with honey

L
-probably a ham sandwich with tomato, lettuce, cheese, mayo, mustard, pickle.

Dad is getting released from hospital later today, so will either have something there or on the road.

KeirasMom 02-29-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15454148)
Love your new pic, Dawn! :)

FD today.

B
-Irish B'fast tea with honey

L
-probably a ham sandwich with tomato, lettuce, cheese, mayo, mustard, pickle.

Dad is getting released from hospital later today, so will either have something there or on the road.

Thanks! So happy your dad is getting out today. I hope he's doing better.

LightlyStarched 02-29-2012 08:16 AM

Down day.

On my last down day, I had the easiest time - very little hunger, and dinner was filling and satisfying. So I'm going to eat the same thing today. :)

2 bowls eggdrop soup (probably about 10:30 & 2:00).
24 oz chicken broth
Soy sauce
2 large eggs
green onions
Cals: 230

Dinner:
Assorted raw veggies (pea pods, carrots, bell pepper, cauliflower, cucumber) dipped in hummus.
Cals: 350

Total for the day: 580. Lots of hot tea and water, too.

vilanteira 02-29-2012 08:18 AM

DD (wow, this week seems to be going by quickly for some reason)

B: coffee
L: --
D: 6 slices bacon, tiny portion from pork stew, some ginger sauteed shrimp

Should be right around 500.

DD80 02-29-2012 09:11 AM

UD

B: Piece of Rasberry Rum Cake
L: 1 cup mac and cheese and 1/2 of a chicken/roasted red pepper/tomato/goat cheese sandwich
S: 6 strawberries, 1/2 cup raspberries
D: Same as lunch

Maybe a nice glass of wine tonight too. I hadn't had any in weeks and had some of Friday night. Oh, it was delicious! So, I had a glass on Monday night. I'd like to sneak one in tonight after my massage! :)

This morning, I was back down to 172 after over a week of being slightly up. I'm making sure to keep my UDs to 3 meals and that seems to be working. I'd love to break into the 160's!

b_lou_who 02-29-2012 09:24 AM

DD

nonfat yogurt with stevia & true lemon

cabbage/nonfat cheese/salsa combo

chicken sausage?

SoHappy 02-29-2012 09:59 AM

I'm having an UD today..

Mid-morning breakfast: 1-1/2 mugs coffee w/half & half and 2 slices hot baked ciabatta bread spread with 1 T butter
****** says 324 calories

Lunch is planned: taco salad with 5 oz shredded lettuce, 5 oz chopped tomato, 1/2 C taco meat mixed with additional sauce, 1/4 C shredded cheddar cheese, and 1 oz sour cream
****** says 399 calories

Afternoon snacking: 5 oz. peeled orange segments, low-cal blueberry yogurt, 5 oz pared apple sections, 1 oz sharp cheddar cheese
****** says 335 calories

Total calories in plan so far.... 1056. Plenty left for supper, but I don't know what I'll fix yet.

LightlyStarched 02-29-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15454678)
Afternoon snacking: 5 oz. peeled orange segments, low-cal blueberry yogurt, 5 oz pared apple sections, 1 oz sharp cheddar cheese
****** says 335 calories

I like that you plan that you'll have some afternoon snacks. I don't usually do that, just plan B-L-D. Then I inevitably have a snack (or two) and feel like I blew it.

I'm going to plan a snack for tomorrow's up day! Thanks!

mattsmama 02-29-2012 11:38 AM

DD here-
B-Coffee w/ ff half & half- 20 cal
L- Whole Wheat bagel thin with light mayo, black peppered turkey breast, 2 thin slices of red pear, artisan lettuce and a dab of mustard. One cup red grapes- 329 cal (total)
D- Fajitas (well, really more like soft tacos)- 2 small corn tortillas, grilled chicken breast strips, salsa, dab of sour cream, shredded lettuce. Side of refried beans- 345 cal (total)
Total for the day - 694. May have a couple of cookies for another 60 cals. Not sure :)

SoHappy 02-29-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightlyStarched (Post 15454827)
I like that you plan that you'll have some afternoon snacks. I don't usually do that, just plan B-L-D. Then I inevitably have a snack (or two) and feel like I blew it.

I'm going to plan a snack for tomorrow's up day! Thanks!

I know myself very well after all these many years. :laugh: I can easily skip breakfast first thing in the morning, and rarely eat it before the later part of the morning, but I cannot spend a day and evening without snacks.

I've been a *grazer* all of my life, and most of that time I was slim and trim. That style of eating has always worked for me, kept me from going overboard, from feeling any need to binge. Oh, don't get me wrong.. I developed an incredibly bad eating habit over my later years, so now I can overeat with the best of them, but that's why I like to plan out my meals for the day ahead of time, right down to the amounts I will measure out and the calorie totals that menu plan will come to.

And that most certainly has to include snacks! :laugh: But I usually make them healthy ones.

Mommie22boys 02-29-2012 12:00 PM

DD here...

Bleah. I'm having a day. Feeling crappy about my progress this month, and TOM is here. Yuck yuck yuck.

B: coffee w/h&h
L: nothing thus far
D: bacon/cabbage stir-fry, maybe some cottage cheese

(Sorry for the pity party, BUDDDs. I'll get over it.)

Alcestis 02-29-2012 01:57 PM

4:00pm UD update:

L: bread roll (200), butter (80), liverwurst (100)
S: crackers (135), cheddar (200), 1 T pb (90), sweet tortilla (120) fig newtons (120), Nilla wafers (110)

D: ??? (something for 450)

Diet Swiss Miss (25)
We closed early at work because of the weather. After a couple of hours at home I got into real "snow day snacking" and enjoyed the heck out of it. I'll use my remaining cals on something nutritious later!!

Jbinme 02-29-2012 02:04 PM

DD
coffee with h&h
tea
artichoke
laughing cow
cabbage with salsa?
Lowfat hotdog

DD80 02-29-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcestis (Post 15455379)
4:00pm UD update:

L: bread roll (200), butter (80), liverwurst (100)
S: crackers (135), cheddar (200), 1 T pb (90), sweet tortilla (120) fig newtons (120), Nilla wafers (110)

D: ??? (something for 450)

Diet Swiss Miss (25)
We closed early at work because of the weather. After a couple of hours at home I got into real "snow day snacking" and enjoyed the heck out of it. I'll use my remaining cals on something nutritious later!!

:laugh: I :heart: your snack. You sound like me. "A little bit of this! OOOHHH I want some of that too. Oh, wait - we have THAT! I'm totally having that!" Hilarious.

:love:

Truffles 02-29-2012 04:52 PM

UD here...

B: Left over Dreamsfield spaghetti with sauce 400 calories
L: Lean Cuisine Steak Tips Portabella 160
... Still hungry- probably trying to regulate eating after being on the cruise- also pre-TOM had 2 eggs and toast with a touch of butter. 220
Half a slim-fast shake 90
1/2 cup soup 80
950 for the day so far...
D: plan is Chicken Marsala for 500 and a side salad for 150
That will put me at 1600 for the day. I will need 150-200 more... maybe some chocolate! :)

Kissa 02-29-2012 04:54 PM

I have had 3 UDs in a row. Won't bore you with the details, but I have enjoyed every mouthful

First time this has happened for me. But I won't let it get to me.

This morning I was 123.4 :) I will not weigh in tomorrow and I expect to be no more that this after a good DD tomorrow.

Love JUDDD's forgiveness.

SoHappy 02-29-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15454678)
I'm having an UD today..

Mid-morning breakfast: 1-1/2 mugs coffee w/half & half and 2 slices hot baked ciabatta bread spread with 1 T butter
****** says 324 calories

Lunch is planned: taco salad with 5 oz shredded lettuce, 5 oz chopped tomato, 1/2 C taco meat mixed with additional sauce, 1/4 C shredded cheddar cheese, and 1 oz sour cream
****** says 399 calories

****** says 335 calories

Total calories in plan so far.... 1056. Plenty left for supper, but I don't know what I'll fix yet.

Continuing my reporting of this Up Day:

Didn't eat the orange, the apple, or the cheddar cheese, so still have them left for evening snacking.

Supper will be: 4 oz greens (beet) and 1 oz onion fried up in 2 tsp bacon grease w/1/2 T balsamic vinegar, 4.2 oz carrots, steamed tender and glazed w/1 T maple syrup. I also have fixed 5 oz extra fine whole green beans w/1 oz sliced onion & 5.2 oz long-sliced red pepper, all caramelized in 1 T butter, seasoned w/a bit of garlic salt. 4 oz roast beef w/a bit of worchestershire sauce.

****** says 674 calories.

Total for the day: 1730 So room for a little dish of vanilla ice cream w/chocolate sauce later if I want to add that in addition to the fruit and cheese still left for evening. I might. But probably won't.

itsmeshelly01 02-29-2012 05:33 PM

UD for me

Protein shake and OMM for breakfast
Lunch was chick fila chargrilled chicken garden salad with berry vinagrette. Delish!
snack of yogurt mixed with cottage cheese and cocoa, 1 girl scout Pb cookie, 2 lemon crescents and 1 thin mint.
Dinner was a turkey burger chopped up over a salad and steamed broccoli and zucchini
Glass of wine while cooking dinner
May have a skinny cow truffle bar later

About 1900 for the day.

Alcestis 02-29-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DD80 (Post 15455842)
:laugh: I :heart: your snack. You sound like me. "A little bit of this! OOOHHH I want some of that too. Oh, wait - we have THAT! I'm totally having that!" Hilarious.

:love:

:hyst: That's exactly how it was!!

laceylady 02-29-2012 08:18 PM

Today's an UD -- we've been soooo good for about 2 months, sticking pretty close to plan. Since it's leap year, our little hamburger stand -- very good food and a staunch supporter of the military -- was having their "All-American Cheeseburger" for $2.09 (regularly $8.99) and a beverage from their soda fountain for $.29! For an extra $1.50, you could get their banana/chocolate milkshake so I got that to go! We shared a small order of fries... I haven't eaten so much since the beginning of the year, and now I'm quite miserable. Figuring close to 900 calories but even with that many for dinner, along with the rest of the cals for the day, I'm still under 1800!! I think I'll be remembering this meal for another few months!! AAaaahhhhhh.....

KeirasMom 02-29-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15454010)
UD

B: May skip, or may have chocolate Oikos yogurt
L: 1/2 Fresh and Easy turkey, cranberry, almond salad (left over from yesterday) and a Lean Cuisine
D: Spaghetti Factory!

DH is going to be in L.A., so Keira wants to go to the Spaghetti Factory for dinner. I'm in the same boat as you Vicky. Pretty sure I'll have whole wheat spaghetti with brown butter and mizythra. Really carby and lowish protein, but oh so yummy.

Ended up with:
B: Coffee
S: Turkey pepperoni
L: 1/2 cranberry/almond/turkey salad and Garden Lites zuc. souffle
D: 1/2 clam, 1/2 butter/myzithra whole wheat pasta, 1/2 slice bread/butter, 2/3 cup minestrone. I was stuffed, so skipped the spumoni.
S: 2 buck chuck and 2 squares Lindt chili dark chocolate.

All that for under 2000 calories!

Mommie22boys 02-29-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15456653)
Ended up with:
B: Coffee
S: Turkey pepperoni
L: 1/2 cranberry/almond/turkey salad and Garden Lites zuc. souffle
D: 1/2 clam, 1/2 butter/myzithra whole wheat pasta, 1/2 slice bread/butter, 2/3 cup minestrone. I was stuffed, so skipped the spumoni.
S: 2 buck chuck and 2 squares Lindt chili dark chocolate.

All that for under 2000 calories!

I'm sorry...we're going need a judge's ruling on this one...2 buck chuck? Is this something I'm going to have to find and start indulging in?

Inquiring minds, you know... :)

KeirasMom 02-29-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommie22boys (Post 15456660)
I'm sorry...we're going need a judge's ruling on this one...2 buck chuck? Is this something I'm going to have to find and start indulging in?

Inquiring minds, you know... :)

:lol: 2 buck chuck is literally what it sounds like. Merlot for $1.99/bottle. It's obviously not world class wine, but it's not nearly as horrible as it sounds. :hyst:

DD80 03-01-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15456669)
:lol: 2 buck chuck is literally what it sounds like. Merlot for $1.99/bottle. It's obviously not world class wine, but it's not nearly as horrible as it sounds. :hyst:

I thought the 2 buck chuck was Trader Joe's Charles Shaw wines for $2.99? I have gotten the $1.99 wines at TJ's too. Either way, I second that they all are great wines...and great for parties!

ALso, I add to my UD yesterday:

S: Famous Amos cookies
1 4oz serving of wine. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

KeirasMom 03-01-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DD80 (Post 15457287)
I thought the 2 buck chuck was Trader Joe's Charles Shaw wines for $2.99? I have gotten the $1.99 wines at TJ's too. Either way, I second that they all are great wines...and great for parties!

Mine is Charles Shaw and I paid $1.99. Or I guess I should say WAS. I killed the bottle. :hyst: