Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
I just discovered that I like raw zucchini slices with a laughing cow light cheese wedge, plus a little sprinkling of salt - approx 40 calories. It's a nice way to get a crunch without the carbs in crackers.

I also have some mini sugarfree chocolate meringue cookies that I got from Netrition - about 2 calories in each individual cookie.
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msack3889
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 7/4/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Crystal Light Appletini!!!!! I am in !!!!

I love this so much I went and got out one of my beautiful martini glasses to drink it out of. Seriously, this stuff is so so so good and five calories.
Does it taste like an apple martini? I've never had a martini, so I don't know how close the CL tastes to one, but it is really sour. LOL
msack3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
I found this at our local health food store. Incredibly good - tastes like full-fat mayo to me.

Follow Your Heart reduced fat Vegenaise Dressing and Sandwich Spread. 45 calories per Tablespoon, 1 carb, 5 grams fat.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/129/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
I am loving the Capella flavor drops (bought them through Netrition). Wow,do they make a difference in plain, FF yogurt on DDs, and in my more substantial smoothies on UDs and add 0 calories. I bought the Fr. Vanilla, Strawberries & Cream, Pina Colada and Boston Cream Pie flavors. I love that they add flavor only, not sweetening, so I can add my own choice of sweetener. I add a few drops of one or more of these plus a few drops of EZ Sweets and I've got a yummy, creamy sweet treat. Oh,and I also want to put a plug in for Stoneyfield Oikos Greek 0% Fat Yogurt. Of course I prefer the full-fat, but on DDs, this is a reasonable alternative for just 80 cals for the 5.3 oz cup and 15 grams of protein.
"...had we been discussing disorders of growth - why some people grow to be more than seven feet tall and others never make it to four feet - the only subject of discussion would be the hormones and enzymes that regulate growth. And yet, when we're discussing a disorder in which the defining symptom is the abnormal growth of our fat tissue, the hormones and enzymes that regulate that growth are considered irrelevant."
- Gary Taubes, Why We Get Fat

Last edited by mainemom; 05-24-2012 at 09:25 AM..
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:02 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
I just discovered that I like raw zucchini slices with a laughing cow light cheese wedge, plus a little sprinkling of salt - approx 40 calories. It's a nice way to get a crunch without the carbs in crackers.

Ithinkican,
Thanks for this one. Sounds perfect for today.
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

You're very welcome, Kristin.

I have been discovering a new tool - glucomannan powder! I've been experimenting with it as a thickener for liquids.

I got Guy's sugar-free BBQ sauce from Netrition (great find in itself for just 5 cal/2 Tbs!) I cooked pork chops once and chicken once, both times taking the juices from the pan, mixing them with this BBQ sauce, liquid smoke (to add a little extra smokiness), and Gluc powder! The Gluc powder (just a light sprinkling) thickened the juices and really stretched the sauce. It was fabulous! Even hubby thoroughly enjoyed it!

I also made a great apple pie-type filling! I nuked a cut up apple in the microwave (with apple pie spices, sf sweetener, and a little water in the bottom of the bowl, covered with wax paper). I added Gluc powder and a little extra sweetener to the juices from the apple. It thickened up really nicely! And all you have to count is the calories from the apple! It was just like apple pie filling!

I also added some of that Gluc apple pie filling as a topping for my 10-ish calorie rice pudding - delicious and filling! I had a thread about the rice pudding - made from an almond milk Gluc pudding and miracle rice.

I really think this Gluc powder is going to remain a staple in my house! It's opening up such a new realm of possibilities! Woohoo!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
OMG, I can hardly wait to do the apple pie filling! I do a gluc pudding every day. It's horribly frankenfoodish (fake sugars, etc.), but delicious and fantastic for the bowels. So a change from chocolate pudding to apple pie filling sounds gorgeous. Thanks again,
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
thank you ITIC!!! I just made the apple pie filling and mixed with some greek yogurt. OH MY! I am such a happy girl!!
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Yay! I'm glad you like it! I think we're gonna have some happier holidays as fall and winter rolls around now that we've got a great apple pie filling/topping... one of these days I will have to pair it with a little vanilla ice cream... Ooh... I'm seeing a great July 4th dessert of some sort now too! As American as apple pie...
Old 05-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by IThinkICan View Post
I also made a great apple pie-type filling! I nuked a cut up apple in the microwave (with apple pie spices, sf sweetener, and a little water in the bottom of the bowl, covered with wax paper). I added Gluc powder and a little extra sweetener to the juices from the apple. It thickened up really nicely! And all you have to count is the calories from the apple! It was just like apple pie filling!
If you want to reduce calories/carbs/sugar further, you could substitute chayote (10 oz=45 cals/6.5g net carb/0g sugar) for the apple (peeled, 10 oz=136 calories/32.5g net carb/28.6g sugar). I stew it in a bit of water with a packet of sf apple cider mix. Add a bit of cinnamon or apple pie spices if desired--but the cider mix is pretty flavorful.

PS--you might want to add this idea to the DD recipes thread, too!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
The apple pie filling there sounds real good. I think I'll try it! In addition to the chayote suggestion, I hear zucchini makes a great "mock apple" as well, though I haven't tried it yet myself.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I thought about mentioning zucchini, too...it would prob taste fine, but it has a softer texture and more water than chayote. Chayote has a texture almost *exactly* like apples!

My family lived in Costa Rica when I was little, and the US ex-pats used chayote to make "apple" pie. Apples were imported and crazy expensive!!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
How would one do that apple pie filling with blueberries instead? Everytime I stroll by the canned fruit fillings, I drool seeing that blueberry pie filling. So thick, rich and utterly yummy-looking. I've been on such a blueberry kick lately that I panicked when I saw I'm almost out of SF Blueberry Syrup.

So, since a cook I'm not ...
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
How would one do that apple pie filling with blueberries instead? Everytime I stroll by the canned fruit fillings, I drool seeing that blueberry pie filling. So thick, rich and utterly yummy-looking. I've been on such a blueberry kick lately that I panicked when I saw I'm almost out of SF Blueberry Syrup.

So, since a cook I'm not ...
I'm a cook who is terrible at giving cooking instructions...
(and currently does not have a microwave )
but if you're not actually going to put the blueberries in a crust,
it won't matter if they don't come out super-thick.

You can cook any fresh fruit
(or fresh + dried; like apples & raisins, or pear + cranberry)
in a saucepan on the stove to make a "compote".
Makes a great pancake topping!!!

I would cook the blueberries with just a splash of water, juice, or DaVinci syrup, + the glucomannan powder + any sweetener, if desired.
Add a little lemon zest or extract, esp. if the gluc dulls the flavor.

(Blueberry + lemon is SO good!!!)
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 05-30-2012 at 02:05 PM..
Old 05-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:

I also have some mini sugarfree chocolate meringue cookies that I got from Netrition - about 2 calories in each individual cookie.
I love this idea, thanks!
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You're very welcome, Kristin.

I have been discovering a new tool - glucomannan powder! I've been experimenting with it as a thickener for liquids.

I got Guy's sugar-free BBQ sauce from Netrition (great find in itself for just 5 cal/2 Tbs!) I cooked pork chops once and chicken once, both times taking the juices from the pan, mixing them with this BBQ sauce, liquid smoke (to add a little extra smokiness), and Gluc powder! The Gluc powder (just a light sprinkling) thickened the juices and really stretched the sauce. It was fabulous! Even hubby thoroughly enjoyed it!

I also added some of that Gluc apple pie filling as a topping for my 10-ish calorie rice pudding - delicious and filling! I had a thread about the rice pudding - made from an almond milk Gluc pudding and miracle rice.

I really think this Gluc powder is going to remain a staple in my house! It's opening up such a new realm of possibilities! Woohoo!
And on a DD, maybe replace half of the apples with cubed zucchini to cut calories. Great idea!
Old 05-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
I thought about mentioning zucchini, too...it would prob taste fine, but it has a softer texture and more water than chayote. Chayote has a texture almost *exactly* like apples!

My family lived in Costa Rica when I was little, and the US ex-pats used chayote to make "apple" pie. Apples were imported and crazy expensive!!!!
Great idea...I should read everything before commenting..makes a note to self.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Adding zucchini... or chayote... hmmm... chayote is a new one for me! How is that price-wise? How do you pick them out at the store? I'm totally unfamiliar with these!

And the blueberry filling/topping sounds like a great idea too! I just got some peaches... maybe I should try cooking those and making a nice thick syrup with them? A cobbler would be nice... any suggestions for crumb-like toppings to make a cobbler with our new fruity dessert possibilities?

Oh... how the wheels are turning!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:32 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Ok... It's not a DD, but I just cooked up half a peach with sweet n low... kinda ended up like purée, but I still thickened it a bit with gluc powder - I used it as a topping on my coconut flour pancakes, with a dollop of whipped cream... yum!

Actually... if you make the cf pancakes with egg whites, that could probably be good for a DD as well! 6 Tbs egg whites, 2 Tbs coconut flour, sweet n low, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a 1/2 Tbs almond milk... that should do it for about 112 cal, plus whatever fruit topping you use...
Old 05-31-2012, 12:13 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
I'm a cook who is terrible at giving cooking instructions...
(and currently does not have a microwave )
but if you're not actually going to put the blueberries in a crust,
it won't matter if they don't come out super-thick.

You can cook any fresh fruit
(or fresh + dried; like apples & raisins, or pear + cranberry)
in a saucepan on the stove to make a "compote".
Makes a great pancake topping!!!

I would cook the blueberries with just a splash of water, juice, or DaVinci syrup, + the glucomannan powder + any sweetener, if desired.
Add a little lemon zest or extract, esp. if the gluc dulls the flavor.

(Blueberry + lemon is SO good!!!)
Thank you, dahling, I will try this!! We've been wanting to make some blueberry syrup for our blueberry lc pancakes. Might try it in a pie crust someday too.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:00 AM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KelAly8894
Stats: 124/118/110
WOE: JUDDD 1500/500
Start Date: 5/29/2012
I love the dark chocolate vitamuffins found in freezer section of grocery store. Only 90 calories, and it tastes like a delicious brownie. Unfortunately, I haven't liiked any of their other flavors so far.
KelAly8894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Discovered Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom line at my grocery store today...
NO SUGAR ADDED!!!
It's low-fat but not fat-free...awesome, IMO.
Fat-free + sugar-free=yuck (except for fruity things, that's fine)
Fat-free + sugar-full (WW, Skinny Cow)= no thank you, I have diabetes.

I got the raspberry swirl bars and it is yummy!
70 calories...okay, not great for a DD but it still makes me happy!
And today is an UD!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #143
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I bought special K cracker/chips. 27 pieces for 110 calories. But 13 are only 55calories and may be a good "emergency" snack. I was out and running around and had 6 of them to tide me over. Most of my 'go to' DD staples require refridgeration and these do not.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Last night I discovered those cracker chips are real good dipped into the Laughing Cow French Onion cheese wedge. Just like onion dip and chips! Works for me!
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
Blue Bunny also has frozen yogurt!! Delicious!
Blueberry/Vanilla Swirl bars for 110 calories a bar! REAL Blueberry in them!!

Carmel Praline Crunch flavor- to die for!!! about 120 calories for 1/2 cup.

and on a DD 1/4 cup is such a treat! YUM!!
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
Blueberry/Vanilla Swirl bars for 110 calories a bar! REAL Blueberry in them!!
I thought this said "real blueBUNNY in them" !!!
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
I thought this said "real blueBUNNY in them" !!!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #148
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Thanks to whoever recommended the 100 calorie microwave popcorn. I found the Kettle Corn Orville R's at our local little Wal-Mart. They are the perfect size. THANK YOU.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Thanks to whoever recommended the 100 calorie microwave popcorn. I found the Kettle Corn Orville R's at our local little Wal-Mart. They are the perfect size. THANK YOU.
Does yours burn? I found "jolly time" 100 cal bags, and I can't figure out how to get them all to pop without burning it to... wherever you burn stuff all the way to
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #150
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
1 and 1/2 minutes. No more and it is perfect.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote