Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
just annoyed at myself...

OK - I started at the beginning of Jan - had good success and in a month, lost just over 8 lbs.

Went on a business trip to London - fell off the wagon and it ran over me - came back, got back on track for a week, and got back within a lb of where I was before - then left for Chicago for another week for business, and once again had the same pattern, only this time I came back 4 lbs up.

So, here I am - 2 months in, and only 4 lbs total down. Not due to any fault of the plans, but completely mine as travel and DD's just don't seem to mix well for me. Particularly when I am exhausted and jet lagged and all that good stuff.

So - started yesterday again with an UD (needed to work my week out so I have UD's on Friday and Sunday) and so am having my first true DD in about a week and a half. I'm doing ok - but I am just so frustrated that I am almost back where I started 2 months ago! I feel fat and bloated and frustrated and like eating every cookie within a 10 block radius.

Instead, though I just had a lovely lunch of shiratake noodles, a crab stick and Light Swiss Cheese Laughing cow all sauteed together for 115 cals and have a giant bottle of water by my side.

Dangit - I am just frustrated. I am sick and tired of looking like a frumpy middle aged matron - even if I am. But also hate the feeling of "dieting".

I also haven't been exercising at all, which I know would help both my body and my spirit, but I'd much rather just sit around and feel sorry for myself right now.

Sorry - just blowing off some steam. (And YES, I want some CHEESE with my whine. It will just have to wait until tomorrow.)

If you want something badly enough, you'll find a way. If you don't you'll find an excuse.

Team in Trainining alumni - San Diego marathon 2005. Half marathon in San Francisco 2007! Working hard to wipe out blood cancers.
2BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Marianne: Whine away! JUDD buds are a "safe place to land" and we have broad shoulders.

I've been where you are and have felt those same feelings including the cookie cravings on a first DD after too many travels. Eat some lean protein, drink bunches of water and tea and you will chase the cravings away.

Give your body some time to start producing the magic enzymes again and you will start melting fat and losing pounds. Hang out on the JUDD threads and read as often as you get a chance. It's very encouraging to see that even the most seasoned JUDDers go through times when they have to climb back on the wagon.

I was feeling bad after a month of too much travel and too much stress and not being where I want to be on the scale. However, after only a week of getting back into rotation, I took my measurements and I'm losing inches again.

The scale has not caught up yet, but it will. I got back from a trip to the store today and was putting some things away. Walking past the closet door mirrors in our spare room I caught a quick glance at my profile. I stopped and walked back to take a second look. Wow! Are my size 12 jeans actually BAGGY?? I looked from all angles. Yep. The legs are baggy from the top of my thighs to my knees and I'm getting baggy rear syndrome! Wooo-Hooo! (the jeans, not me! )

And, I've been putting my jeans in the dryer after washing them! I never used to do that because they get tighter.

Keep an eye on how your clothes fit. For me, just a few days to a week of IF and fat starts melting.

Hang in there! Don't give up! And, be kind and gentle with yourself. Be as kind to you as you would be to someone else who is going through the same thing.

I'm proud of you because with all that travel, you could have gone crazy and gained 10 pounds! Being 4 up is not huge. You will have that off in no time. Most of it is probably extra water retention anyway.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Don't be too hard on yourself. And remember, you're so far ahead of the game if you hang in there rather than throw in the towel. Then, where would you be?

Dieting half the time sure beats the alternative, in my book. Hang in there. We're here for you. It'll be okay.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
You've done fine! You've had so much going on, it's next to impossible to keep 100% to ANY plan with all that you've had to deal with in the last month. Don't beat yourself up. Just trust in the process, get back to it, and let JUDDD work for you.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
you have done just fine, any loss is "A Loss"

I too started Jan. and my loss is not near yours I'm sure, will weigh in on March 1

leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ironicwoman
Stats: 205/185/160
WOE: JUDDD ~ It's working! It's working!
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 2/02/12 ReStarted JUDDD: 3/25/14
Let it out Mariann, go ahead and let it all out! That's what we're here for! I think we can all probably relate to how you're feeling today.
ironicwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks to you all for just letting me get this off my chest. I hate feeling like I am constantly fighting this battle with my body. Year after year, plan after plan, exercise after exercise, success then regain....lather, rinse, repeat.

I know this too will pass, and I am not typically such a Debbie Downer. I am just having "a day". So, thanks Judd budds for giving me a safe place to vent and a soft place to land.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
We all mess up sometimes! That's what makes us human!

You are doing great on your first DD back on plan! Keep up the good work. You will lose the 4 lbs fast.

My suggestion would be to come up with a plan for DDs on trips. Perhaps pack lots of protein shakes for a quick meal on the go. Almost every restaurant has a side salad that you can order. I dip my fork into the dressing so I use less, but can still enjoy a bit. Also, don't be afraid to use excuses if people ask. Tell them you aren't feeling well and you aren't sure why or you just had a big lunch (if you don't want to explain). Just a few ideas...you can come up with ones that suit your specific needs.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #9

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
How many times have you seen someone post about "I can't do 500 calories" or
some such, then drop off the face of the 'net? You're light years ahead of them-
you've recognized a challenge, and stuck around to face it, head-on. You're fine.
And when you're feeling less-than-fine, we'll be here for ya....

Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LightlyStarched
I know exactly how you feel. Every day is a struggle. I hate it.

You WILL get back in the groove. You are here, and you are posting and you are NOT GIVING UP!!
LightlyStarched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
My suggestion would be to come up with a plan for DDs on trips. Perhaps pack lots of protein shakes for a quick meal on the go. Almost every restaurant has a side salad that you can order. I dip my fork into the dressing so I use less, but can still enjoy a bit. Also, don't be afraid to use excuses if people ask. Tell them you aren't feeling well and you aren't sure why or you just had a big lunch (if you don't want to explain). Just a few ideas...you can come up with ones that suit your specific needs.
Ah yes....I went off with great "plans"! It's sticking to them that is the problem...

Part of it, too, is that in both cases of business travel, I was literally eating each and every meal with the people I was meeting/traveling with, and no one hates making an "issue" of my food worse than I do. It makes me very uncomfortable when others notice/comment/etc....when it is just a meal, it is very easy to get away with diversions, but when it is every meal (and I have to admit, when I am really hungry due to long hours and jet lag and everyone around me is eating quite well...) it becomes more challenging.

But frankly at the end of the day, that is an excuse piled on an excuse. One of my favorite quotes is "if you want something badly enough, you'll find a way, if you don't you'll find an excuse". I just need to ask myself with greater regularity what it is I really want? Gratification NOW or long term success. Then live with whatever that decision is and it's consequences.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/137.8/135-139
I'm pulling for you, Marianne!

I love what you said at the end of your post.

When I used to sabotage my efforts in anything, but especially weight loss, I would put those same questions to myself.

I decided that if I really wanted to get down to business in the diet arena, then it wasn't a matter of will power, but want power.

You posted your frustrations; that is the way back!!!

Last edited by sazzie; 02-28-2012 at 07:04 PM..
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #13
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
How many times have you seen someone post about "I can't do 500 calories" or
some such, then drop off the face of the 'net? You're light years ahead of them-
you've recognized a challenge, and stuck around to face it, head-on. You're fine.
And when you're feeling less-than-fine, we'll be here for ya....
and I will add I can never imagine you being a "frumpy middle aged matron".....EVER!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
We understand, Marianne. And we're hear to listen. Don't ever feel bad about letting loose here. It's what we're here for, to help each other and to get help when needed.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
and I will add I can never imagine you being a "frumpy middle aged matron".....EVER!!

Thanks - that was such a very sweet thing of you to say....

As for today? I am counting it a success. My DD limit is 600 - and at the end of the day, it all added up to 611 (but I will say, that when I was adding in my dinner, and saw that it came in a wee bit over, I left 3 or 4 bites in the bowl on purpose to make up for it, so I was probably just about right.)

Am having some herbal tea and a warm bath, then going to bed. (I must be doing something right, I was freezing most of the day, and a bath is the only thing that is going to fix that!)

Thanks again my friends, you have made it so much easier to "come home"...

Last edited by 2BoysMom; 02-28-2012 at 10:57 PM..
Old 02-29-2012, 03:29 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Welcome home. You have had a very tough year so far. And your weight is down. That is the important thing. And, you got cold on DD! Welcome back!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:19 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
big hugs and happy thoughts!
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #18

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom View Post
..........One of my favorite quotes is "if you want something badly enough, you'll find a way, if you don't you'll find an excuse". I just need to ask myself with greater regularity what it is I really want? Gratification NOW or long term success. Then live with whatever that decision is and it's consequences..........
I really like that.

It does help to view your eating and your weight and your life from an abstract distance to see that one week, or the occasional week, doesn't make or break your management of your weight, but instead good weeks put you ahead and poor weeks hold you back, but that overall.. you have to eat your meals every day, so the better you can hold to reasonable calorie numbers, the happier your life could end up being, overall. Most of us are a bit happier when we are slim than when we are.. not. So, like you wrote above: Gratification now, or long term success.

I'm happier overall by long term success. AND, AND, AND the most exciting thing is that I found out I still get to eat it all! I just have to mind a very few P's and Q's and if I do, basically, I get success falling into my lap. Practically falling into my plate of cookies and glass of milk, so to speak.. if you get what I'm saying.

If you can follow a few simple rules, you can have it all. AND, there's even room to make mistakes, so now that you're back at it, JUDDD -forgiving as it is- will have you slimming down and feeling proud of your progress again.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ah yes....I went off with great "plans"! It's sticking to them that is the problem...

Part of it, too, is that in both cases of business travel, I was literally eating each and every meal with the people I was meeting/traveling with, and no one hates making an "issue" of my food worse than I do. It makes me very uncomfortable when others notice/comment/etc....when it is just a meal, it is very easy to get away with diversions, but when it is every meal (and I have to admit, when I am really hungry due to long hours and jet lag and everyone around me is eating quite well...) it becomes more challenging.

But frankly at the end of the day, that is an excuse piled on an excuse. One of my favorite quotes is "if you want something badly enough, you'll find a way, if you don't you'll find an excuse". I just need to ask myself with greater regularity what it is I really want? Gratification NOW or long term success. Then live with whatever that decision is and it's consequences.
Hey...at least you made plans! That's the first step. Every time you go, you will find it easier to follow through with them because you will see what does and doesn't work for you. I hate when people make an issue with what I eat - that coupled with my desire to be "normal" with food, tends to make me overeat just out of principle. I find that if people say something about what I ordered, like, "oh, that's healthy, are you on a diet?" I say, "no, why? Do you think I need to lose weight?" I say it in a funny way. They usually just laugh and forget the question.

I think you have a great plan and you WILL make this work! Everything in life takes trial and error, but we just need to keep working on it - practice makes perfect!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ironicwoman
Stats: 205/185/160
WOE: JUDDD ~ It's working! It's working!
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 2/02/12 ReStarted JUDDD: 3/25/14
SoHappy~You are such a wise woman!

I'm just so thrilled to have found JUDDD. It's been such a freeing, life-changing thing for me. I've only been on it a month now but I just can't express how liberating it has been. I've lost pounds and inches and I just get the chills (in a bad way) to think about still "trying" to do low carb and being a huge failure at it.

I it here!
ironicwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK....now for the follow up report - and ladies, this is weird.

yesterday I weighed in at 187.6 (and yes I got on the scale more than once to make sure, cursing my head off each time) today, after ONE down day, I was back down to 183.8. (Yep - did that one 3 times, too...)

Yep - that scale she is a'bouncing! Should be interesting to see how it all comes out after a few days for everything to settle back down.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

That's always a wonderful and pleasant surprise!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I know it doesn't feel like it at the moment, but averaging half pound loss per week that is still not on your body is excellent. And you know that trip weight bump will come off, JUDDD will run it over right back
Be kind to yourself. You are healthier than you were when you started, right? You have a lifestyle tool that isn't painful, to manage your eating.
You can do it for you!
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #24

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
OK....now for the follow up report - and ladies, this is weird.

yesterday I weighed in at 187.6 (and yes I got on the scale more than once to make sure, cursing my head off each time) today, after ONE down day, I was back down to 183.8. (Yep - did that one 3 times, too...)

Yep - that scale she is a'bouncing! Should be interesting to see how it all comes out after a few days for everything to settle back down.
I think most people would be SHOCKED to know how much weight fluctuation there is in everyday life for most everyday people... but they never know about it, because they don't weigh themselves every day, and in fact, rarely weigh themselves at all. If they are remaining slim, no need. LOL

And I think weight tends to remain far more steady, without huge bounces, if people are eating about the same amount of food on most days, and certainly if they are making the majority of their meals out of the same basic foods every day. Little variation in the foods usually results in little bouncing on the scale.

We JUDDDers though... I'll tell you what. It can be scary and frustrating and astonishing and even exciting sometimes when the bounce is a downward one! But we're up in eating and then down in eating. We're eating some of this and some of that and adding in treats and carbs and lots of foods that can result in water gain, and then water release again.

Sort of like being on a roller coaster ride!

It'll be fun to see what the scale is telling you in a few more days! Good luck!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I am so happy for you!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote